Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems with Simport

Im having problems with Simport. When I try to send my sim on tour It takes about 10 minutes to 'Book Dates' then the same pop up comes up every time...

Untitled.png

Anyone else having problems? Or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Is your internet screwing up? Mine goes out often, and that tends to be a major cause of that..
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've gotten that message a few times, too. To be honest with you, I'd much rather get that message, then to have my Sim "go on tour" just to find out later, he wasn't actually picked up by another player! He's unplayable in my game for 12 Sims hours (and in one case just yesterday, he gave up an opportunity to advance his vocal prowess ie Sing-a-Gram) to go on tour. For NOTHING! He returned to my game allegedly after a "wicked" performance, but that I had to wait to see if my friend had made it to the performance. :shock: I never got a stamp, or any credit for having sent him on tour.

Other players have explained that the whole reason for my Sim having to wait, meant that no one accepted his tour (and to go ahead and click on him in the Simport book to release him). :shock: :shock: How can this be?

I would, again as stated above, prefer to get a message that the tour failed to book, then to have my Sim in touring Limbo!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    chow1Tobychow1Toby Posts: 35 Member
    edited March 2012
    I get that message all of the time. I still cannot send my sim on tour.
  • Options
    Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    edited March 2012
    Me too. Still haven't managed to send a sim out.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited March 2012
    I've gotten that message a few times, too. To be honest with you, I'd much rather get that message, then to have my Sim "go on tour" just to find out later, he wasn't actually picked up by another player! He's unplayable in my game for 12 Sims hours (and in one case just yesterday, he gave up an opportunity to advance his vocal prowess ie Sing-a-Gram) to go on tour. For NOTHING! He returned to my game allegedly after a "wicked" performance, but that I had to wait to see if my friend had made it to the performance. :shock: I never got a stamp, or any credit for having sent him on tour.

Other players have explained that the whole reason for my Sim having to wait, meant that no one accepted his tour (and to go ahead and click on him in the Simport book to release him). :shock: :shock: How can this be?

I would, again as stated above, prefer to get a message that the tour failed to book, then to have my Sim in touring Limbo!

this happens to me alot. I send a sim out, they go, no one accepts them, and after several days i just delete the tour. Sad, that we have so many friends that ask to be friends then they never host your sim, or have you host. I actually asked on there one day if anyone was on, to see if i could send out and get a few that day that i played. seemed to work. that too is sad to have to do.

and to OP, i have had that on the last 2 i tried to send out. Except its not takeing long to book them, and they do return. just no stamp.
  • Options
    Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    edited March 2012
    I think a lot of people are thinking that their requests are being ignored but I really don't think that's the case. Like I said in another post, I've tried to host soooo many sims and to send mine out but it just doesn't work! I get the icon that a sim will be performing but they never show up and the icon doesn't disappear until I quit the game. It probably seems to the other person that I ignored their request or something but I didn't, it's a glitch with Simport.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2012
    I agree with Cnstnc680. I accept tours all the time. I get the confirmation. I go to the lot at the appropriate time. No performance. Then it won't end so eventually I have to quit the game.

I can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it.
  • Options
    SimGuru_AgentXSimGuru_AgentX Posts: 9 SimGuru (retired)
    edited April 2012
    Hi everyone,

We definitely understand how frustrating this can be and would like to get some more information, if we can.

When trying to host-
    What world are you trying to import a Sim to?
    What is the career and level of the imported Sim?
    What type of lot (park, coffeehouse, ect) is the Sim wanting to perform at?
    How long into the future is the show scheduled? (less than a day, more than a day) When the time passes for the Sim to perform, does a TNS immediately show stating the show is complete?
    If so, do you receive the badge and reward?
    Does your world have any custom content lots?

Sending your Sim-
    Is this the first time the Sim has ever been sent?
    Does your Sim have any custom content in his/her costume?
    What is your Sims career and level?
    Does this sim appear in the Sims Away in Simport segment of the Simport book when you are trying to send them?

We appreciate as much information as you can provide as we work to investigate this issue for you.

EA_AgentX
    EA Community Administrator
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited April 2012
    Forgive me for posting in this thread, as I had very few problems with sending sims out on tour. Sometimes I got the failed to book message and sometimes my sims would get caught in limbo (for a couple of days) even though my friend completed hosting my sim and we both earned the stamps for the tour. Anyways, I had probably 10 various problems overall with sending sims on tour and I was able to earn all of the simport rewards for touring. (I apologize again to those reading this thread who are having so much trouble with sending their sims out, I don't mean to make you feel any worse about that nonesense!)

My problems are with hosting. I've had these problems since the day the game was released in my country (March 8 ). Some days Simport worked for me and I was able to host people! Hosting is what I bought the game for, I must add. I wanted to see other people's sims in my game and when I do get to host, I love the experience!! I set up an awesome set for every sim, I take pretty pictures of every performer and post at least one of them on this site for my friend to enjoy.

In fact, I love hosting so much that I was doing it just for fun. Stupid me! If my friends needed stamps and I didn't have a hosting arrangement, I was happy to host their sim and give them the royal treatment in my game. I didn't earn stamps for it but I didn't care because it was fun.

But then someone I was simporting with posted his passport data file on this site and not long after that I guess a mod came out that unlocked all the simport stuff. Now few people even bother to use simport.

It doesn't matter if you want to use simport to earn the rewards the way it was designed because it was designed by EA, which means it was pretty much designed to not work and to make you upset. :? But I digress because I am terribly upset and just needed to get that out.

Here is the information you asked for.
    Hi everyone,

We definitely understand how frustrating this can be and would like to get some more information, if we can.

When trying to host-
    What world are you trying to import a Sim to?
    What is the career and level of the imported Sim?
    What type of lot (park, coffeehouse, ect) is the Sim wanting to perform at?
    How long into the future is the show scheduled? (less than a day, more than a day) When the time passes for the Sim to perform, does a TNS immediately show stating the show is complete?
    If so, do you receive the badge and reward?
    Does your world have any custom content lots?

Sending your Sim-
    Is this the first time the Sim has ever been sent?
    Does your Sim have any custom content in his/her costume?
    What is your Sims career and level?
    Does this sim appear in the Sims Away in Simport segment of the Simport book when you are trying to send them?

We appreciate as much information as you can provide as we work to investigate this issue for you.

EA_AgentX
    EA Community Administrator

My problems with simport were all experienced in Starlight Shores with no custom buildings, no custom content, no mods and just store content and sims that I made. (I recently got fed up with trying to host and making my sims live in premade houses, so I relocated them to Hidden Springs because I couldn't simport anyways. I can still send my sims on tour when my friends need hosting stamps, and I've been doing that successfully from Hidden Springs.)

Hosting issues with simport happen to me with any level of the performing careers and any venue. I noticed in the past week that I had little (if any) difficulty hosting a friend when I had already earned the stamp for that particular gig. What an annoyance THAT is!! I'm just here to send my sims to players who need stamps for hosting, or to host sims for players who need stamps for touring, yet I cannot earn the stamps I actually need for hosting? Are you kidding me?? Thanks for sucking the fun out the entire idea of being social and friendly and having fun with other players. Thanks for making me feel taken advantage of when it's actually your stupid product causing all the problems! Sorry, I digress again. I am really upset.

Lastly, when I experience a failure with hosting, it happens in one of two ways, depending on if I made or accepted a request for hosting. If I make a request for hosting and someone accepts it, I then have to confirm it and I do. Then nothing happens. No sim shows up, no message pops up saying there will be a show, no sim appears in my simbook, no sign of hosting appears in my game (Edit Town is not greyed out in the option menu). If someone else has made a request and I accept it, a pop up prompts me to save the game. Sometimes I get a message that the sim made a wrong turn, but most of the time nothing happens as I described in the first scenerio. The only difference is that after simport has failed when a friend sent the request to me is that I cannot make a request or receive simport updates after that. I continue playing and post a new request and hours pass. I get memories people post, status updates and comments, but no simport updates. I log out and check the website just to see my page is full of news about how my friends have been using simport successfully while I didn't even get a chance to join in on the fun. I just got their status updates about how they are done getting their stamps and aren't using simport anymore. Thanks EA.

EDIT: I need to add that something really weird happened with simport and the rewards. When I had only 35 of 90 stamps, the steampunk set unlocked for me. I don't know why. The whole set of steampunk props and clothes became available to me and I started using them because I hadn't unlocked anything else! But now I cannot complete my passport.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have all my 90 stamps now and did host a lot and send out. I found I have the following problems:

- Sim coming to my town but don't perform --> I often find them on OTHERS venues than the ones they are supposed to be. The don't perform there but only stand around. If that happens, I let the game run until the show is SUPPOSED to be over (4-5 SimHours after the show starts) and I usually did get the stamps anyways. To get rid of the icon, I just went into Edit Town and it was gone afterwards.

- Message of the OP: I found that to be a problem with the Servers. When I got that, I was not the only one and the servers were very wonky.

- Another failed tour message that said the other Sim was taking a wrong turn: I got that if the Sim could not be installed into my game (self-uninstalling Sims).

- Sending out a Sim and no stamp: If your partner plays the game with your Sims performance offline, the partner will get the stamp after a successful host but you won't cause the game can't tell the server that the host was successful.

- Problem of denying a tour. If you send the Sim on tour and one of your friends declines, the tour will get declined for everyone. Don't decline tours. If you don't want to do them, let them be until they disappear on their own.

There are other issues and I have no clue why some people have more problems then others but this is my experience. If you have a problem with your Sims be gone for a long while, I would also recommend not sending out your sims unless you know someone is taking them. Ask around first if someone is willing to take your Sim on. There are a lot of people not hosting because they are afraid of cc.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited April 2012
    When trying to host-
    What world are you trying to import a Sim to? (Starlight)
    What is the career and level of the imported Sim? (all)
    What type of lot (park, coffeehouse, ect) is the Sim wanting to perform at? (all)
    How long into the future is the show scheduled? (less than a day, more than a day)(I seen go as far as a week then the show never happens and again Sometimes I seen it get cancel for your sim to do the show in the same venue and never given the option who playing in the venue)
    when a Sim When the time passes for the Sim to perform, does a TNS immediately show stating the show is complete? (sometimes)
    If so, do you receive the badge and reward? (again sometimes)
    Does your world have any custom content lots? (no, just what EA offer us to use)

Sending your Sim-
    Is this the first time the Sim has ever been sent? (no)
    Does your Sim have any custom content in his/her costume? (only Ea EP/SP/SS
    What is your Sims career and level? (this happen to all level-2-10)
    Does this sim appear in the Sims Away in Simport segment of the Simport book when you are trying to send them? (sometime they leave for a show and returns after a few Sim hours or sometime they just stand there like nothing happen and never leave the lot)

few work around

when my sim gets stuck in the Simported progress window/box and will not let you cancel..work around..switch houses and then cancel out the stuck sim in Simport..

If you scheduled a sim to do a show and the Sim never shown..
    I have found it's a corrupted file..I have to do is clean out the Exports folder/remove the Library and SavedSims folder, deleted all but the last save town under saves..delete the caches ,not the socialCache..load up my old same game put my sim/house into the bin.. go back to main screen and delete the hood I was playing and start over..

sim made a wrong turn..I found that sometimes the player on the other end didn't give their sim enough time to pass before sending then out again. suppose to be at lease 4-5 Sim hr

it's not the best ,but it's been working for me.I shouldn't have to do all of this just to Simport Sims..I found it's the Exports and In-ports files not being deleted. the file size tends to get bigger each time the sim is ported.. I hope this helps

Edit, an added note...lets stop the paparazzi canceling out your queue for autograph and photos shots, it doesn't help matter out none.