Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potterphyle's Thank You Thread

This afternoon two lovely simmers hit me pretty hard! They eliminated much of my wish list, for no reason. I really, really appreciated the wonderful gifts.

mysimBrenda gifted me the Africa Inspiration Collection, Animal Friends light, Edwardian Express Delicacy Server, and Little Trees flower arrangement. All of which are so pretty. I can't wait decorate and recolor!!!

Blewis823 then hit me with the Rock Climbing Wall (can't wait to see my sims try to climb, lol--please tell me they can fall) and Comfort Kicks shoes. Also something I look forward to recoloring!

You both really made my day. :mrgreen:

Btw, I was in the process of dying my hair when I saw the rock climbing wall. Timer went off, thought I'd be quick so I could come back and thank you guys again. Hopped in the shower without thinking and turned ice cold water on. I was so distracted, thinking about new items to play. Brought me outta my daydreams pretty quickly. :lol:

Happy Simming!
Becky

Comments

• Options
    mysimBrendamysimBrenda Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited March 2012
    You're very welcome potterphyle! I'm glad you enjoy it! Have fun!
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2012
    OMG, your post is so funny, potterphyle. Adorable too.

You are very welcome.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    potterphylepotterphyle Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thank you TrevorAtTiffanys and Skymyst for the painting. Thank you also, Skymyst for hosting the Movie contest. Y'all really made Lil's day today. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you so very much for the lovely top for my sim ladies, Jule...I am going to recolor it and enter it too. :-) Love it!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Screenshot-14.jpg

First climb on the rock wall! Thankfully she was a skilled athelete and was on easy. She wasn't skilled enough to climb on hard for quite a while.

Screenshot-10.jpg

Having me some fun this weekend! My new favorite dress. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you Marystarbright for the lovely dress. I will definitely be using this dress a lot. Can't wait to recolor it!
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thats so nice potter :) Enjoy it all :mrgreen:
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you for spreading your birthday cheer over here...my toddlers are sorely lacking selection for their wardrobe. I love this little dress and will be recoloring it soon! :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Blewis, you are awesome...Mediterranean Villa Kitchen is beautiful I can't wait to play. Unfortunately, I have to wait until tonight or tomorrow. The girls have play practice at church tonight, so my evening is cut short. I will post pics though, when I get to play. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Emmachan, thank you so very much for the Say Awww, dress. I love it. Can't wait to put it on one of my toddlers! :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you so much, DudeThatsErin and janeDoe001. I will be using these plants as soon as my founder can afford luxuries! I appreciate your both thinking of me. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks so much, Psychochick966!! I absolutely love the Vineyard Villa furniture! I cannot wait to get this in game! :-) Awesome!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thank you to Emmachan for the lovely dress. I can't wait to recolor it! :-)
  • Options
    3DCookie3DCookie Posts: 168
    edited March 2012
    Congratulations. =D Enjoy your items. ^^
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanks marystarbright for the new clothes and shoes...I am getting ready to load up my game for a while. :D Can't wait til Generation 3 is born!!!
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited March 2012
    You have been gifted a Store item from potterphyle!
    I'm trying to build an asian themed home for my legacy family do you have any tips for filling in the huge lot when the house isn't too big? I had to start off on that 14000$ lot. I would love. You are one of the best builders on here. I'd ask on the forums, but there is no building centered forum.

potterphyle has gifted you: Variegated Ceramic Vase.

Thanks so much for the Vase and for the compliment! :mrgreen:

As for your question, I have never build a Asian themed lot, but with my lots when I have finally built the house by either looking at floor plans or room ideas (and then build the walls of that room and add on to it), I put the obvious items in first and then change the patterns. Once that is all done and everything is there but still 'empty', I then add the deco, room by room.

Little items make the rooms more real and homely and some do cost a lot, including paintings. Some houses have two sitting areas and/or another room for entertainment. If I am building a big house I will usually have a sitting room meant for guests, a entertainment room with the tv and another at the back of the house for reading which would look out into the garden. An extra bathroom downstairs for guests or if your Sim is in a hurry and it is faster for them to not go upstairs. A pantry can be added to the kitchen, a wine cellar, two dining areas, one near the kitchen, one near the guest living room, a full cluttered garage, an office, maybe a games room, a small home gym, pool, hottub. Gazebos, patios, play area if there are kids, outside eating area, landscaping is also a must, you can spend a lot of money landscaping. Fountains cost a bit and look good in a landscaped garden. More than one fire place, either in living rooms, bedrooms or even on the patio outside (get rid of the chimney if you use one outside though, which requires MOO). Everything may look ugly when you start out but as you build it up it all comes together.

Let me know if you need more ideas.
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited March 2012
    :P You're Welcome potterphyle :P

:P I hope your simmes love them :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    You are welcome and thanks for the answer! Anything would look better than what I have now (it's not even painted on the outside).

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u425/potterphyle/Everstrong Legacy/

This is what I am working on. I may make a story, but I really messed up in taking pics. I forgot child Carrington and baby Olivia. I am starting generation two and the family finally has some money in the bank and a fairly large block home to tear down and get more money. Should the house be situated more in the middle of the lot or toward the front? They are gardeners, so I need plenty of space for gardening. So far, no pets as I am waiting until further into the legacy for that, too much stress keeping 4 sims in line, lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I usually mess up and make the house far too close to the road, give a fair bit of space for a landscaped piece of grass out front and space for a driveway, but I wouldn't put it right in the middle, have more back garden than front. Maybe make the front about 1/3 the size of the back.

If you want to start over try have the walls down, so it is easier to see the floor plan of the house you are making. And try focusing on one room first, deco the life out of it so you get the hang of it and then move on.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SoupahReo wrote:
    I usually mess up and make the house far too close to the road, give a fair bit of space for a landscaped piece of grass out front and space for a driveway, but I wouldn't put it right in the middle, have more back garden than front. Maybe make the front about 1/3 the size of the back.

If you want to start over try have the walls down, so it is easier to see the floor plan of the house you are making. And try focusing on one room first, deco the life out of it so you get the hang of it and then move on.

I have been building all this time, it's much better than my usual stuff. Didn't build my own roof though, had to use auto. Roofs are my enemy! Here is the outside.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Here is my legacy album. I only built today didn't get any progression in on them.

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u425/potterphyle/Everstrong Legacy/
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Looks really good, I love the black and white and the plants.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SoupahReo wrote:
    Looks really good, I love the black and white and the plants.

Thanks! I have a whole lot of space in there...need goodies to fill it up, but I am having financial issues with the family now, hehe. I spent all their money building the house. I guess they are going to have to garden and fish more money!! Maybe they can afford travel by generation 3? Explore some tombs and earn some money. :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Most of the time I build and once finished, I place a family and then move on to build another house or community lot.

When I do play, I can't help but use money cheats. It does sound fun to just play and have your Sims earn and then build up their house, but I can never stick to it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    SoupahReo wrote:
    Most of the time I build and once finished, I place a family and then move on to build another house or community lot.

When I do play, I can't help but use money cheats. It does sound fun to just play and have your Sims earn and then build up their house, but I can never stick to it.

Oh I usually use cheats. I see all those legacy stories on the Legacy board and want to do one. I started from scratch in Riverview on the 14000 lot. My founder was so poor that she camped in the community garden and showered at the gym for most of her life. :-X She and her husband made decent money from gardening and culinary careers. I have all base game veggies perfected for the future generations. I am determined to make it 10 generations!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I tried a legacy once, I got to the third generation and then gave up, I don't like controlling a lot of Sims at one time and find it hard to separate families lol So, I don't do so well with legacies.

But yours sounds great, you have worked really hard.