Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hollywood sign from Starlight Shores

KOBSKOBS Posts: 98 New Member
Has anyone found the Simlish Hollywood sign in Starlight Shores in the CAW Metadata? Just wondering if I might of missed it or if it is not included :?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Yeah-Io hope someone finds it-and if it's not in the metadata, maybe we can bother simsample with our request? :roll:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I was able to find it in the unlocked CAW version that has the Pond tool and all the other unlocked features: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279

It is in the metadata as "City Hill Sign", but I do not think it is in the regular CAW
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Darn EA and not wanting to give us the crap they have in CAW!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Lennon777 wrote:
    Darn EA and not wanting to give us the crap they have in CAW!

I know, they keep all the good stuff for themselves, like the railroads in ambitions :x

Anyway here is the sign in my world: 5b5rhl.png

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2012
    KOBS, when I was beta testing that game back in January I noticed that sign in game in they buy/build catalogue along with all the other signs - but what I can't tell you is if I was in normal play or buydebug when I saw it. As it was the first day we had the game and I do what I generally do when we get a new world and new ep is check out all it's "stuff". I do often go into buydebug to check new stuff that is only availiable in buydebug as well as check with buydebug off. Seeing I had already familiarized myself with the stuff in the game in January, I did not bother doing that thorough look through of everything when I got the game yesterday.

But I do know the beta testing version it was in the catalogues - not sure if this would or would not have any bearing on what's in CAW though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited March 2012
    I suspect this would be easy enough to pull out of the game using the object cloner (S3oc). (However, despite preordering Showtime from Origin, it is not scheduled to be delivered to me until February 12. Last time I checked, my copy was in Montana! So I cannot see if the object cloner would pick this up.)

Once you have cloned an object like this, you could probably enable it for CAW using the package editor (S3pe). This is easy enough to do.

Alternatively, since you already are on the path to the dark side -- that is, making custom content for your game, there is nothing to stop you from making your own sign. It is an easy enough project. You basically start with a two sided flat panel, then use the alpha layer on your texture file to define the lettering.

It just seems to me that if you are going to introduce cc to your world, you might strive for something unique and original, rather than just using the same cc that everyone else is going to use.
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited March 2012
    tjstreak wrote:
    Once you have cloned an object like this, you could probably enable it for CAW using the package editor (S3pe). This is easy enough to do.

As I explained to you before, there is no need to clone an entire object just to mod the OBJD- you just extract the OBJD and mod that instead.

Then, you are using the original object from the game files in your world instead of having the game load an identical clone into memory.
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    tjstreaktjstreak Posts: 808 Member
    edited March 2012
    simsample wrote:
    As I explained to you before, there is no need to clone an entire object just to mod the OBJD- you just extract the OBJD and mod that instead.

Good point.

Now the OP should have a pretty good idea about how to do it, unless you are volunteering to do it for him/her. :D

• Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited March 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    KOBS, when I was beta testing that game back in January I noticed that sign in game in they buy/build catalogue along with all the other signs - but what I can't tell you is if I was in normal play or buydebug when I saw it. As it was the first day we had the game and I do what I generally do when we get a new world and new ep is check out all it's "stuff". I do often go into buydebug to check new stuff that is only availiable in buydebug as well as check with buydebug off. Seeing I had already familiarized myself with the stuff in the game in January, I did not bother doing that thorough look through of everything when I got the game yesterday.

But I do know the beta testing version it was in the catalogues - not sure if this would or would not have any bearing on what's in CAW though.

I just looked through the buydebug menu, as well as stage props, sculptures, and misc decorations, and it's not there, so I guess they removed it.
  • Options
    ThomsonJamieThomsonJamie Posts: 392 New Member
    edited July 2012
    If anybody still wants this, I made a mod to enable it for CAW that I will upload.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'd use it!
  • Options
    CharlxTheSims3CharlxTheSims3 Posts: 251
    edited July 2012
    OMG YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THIS! PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY FORUM PLEASE!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/566648.page

PLEASE, PLEASE!