Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've Decided ...

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited February 2012
    It's oh so quiet...
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited February 2012
    I decided that I'm not updating my game to the Showtime patch unless there is a dire emergency, and only then, NOT until a modder comes out with something to totally eliminate any/all online features garbage from the game.

I decided that whether an anti-social mod comes out or not, I'm not getting this EP unless there's a 60% off sale and I just so happen to have excess money to waste at the same time (not bloody likely :roll: ), I get a free copy from someone (even less likely), or I rob Gamestop at gunpoint (hrmm.... :mrgreen: )

I decided that EA no longer cares about ANYTHING except the next decimal place and their daggone status records on Facebook & Twitter. They don't even care if we the customer hates their guts and already said we don't want simport or any social facebook spam irrelevance. :thumbdown:
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think I'm going to buy it the day it comes out, but not open it. I want the limited edition content (not the KP version) if I do decide to play it, but I also want to make sure Twallan's updated everything and someone has added a social-blocking, SP-reward-unlocking mod before I install the game or the patch. If those don't come out and there are a lot of reports of glitches, I'll return the game a few days before the return policy times out. If those mods do come out and everything seems to be functioning well, I'll happily unwrap the package and install the game.
  • Options
    AndersxHDAndersxHD Posts: 19
    edited February 2012
    I have pre-order it already :D
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm actually warming up to the idea of SHT. The fact they 90 items can only be unlocked with Simport is still a big minus for me.

Why not make it possible for people to unlock some of the stuff alone and some through Simport.
  • Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited February 2012
    can sims die in the box of mystery if sp is off and you are not the mageten(cant spell) or the sim up on stage, just a viewer?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    can sims die in the box of mystery if sp is off and you are not the mageten(cant spell) or the sim up on stage, just a viewer?

I can barely understand what you're saying. If you send a magician to another game with Simport, they can only die if the box of danger trick goes wrong. They will become a ghost, finish the show and return to your game. They will be alive when they return and they will have a special moodlet because of wha happened.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    n00biityo wrote:

I can barely understand what you're saying. If you send a magician to another game with Simport, they can only die if the box of danger trick goes wrong. They will become a ghost, finish the show and return to your game. They will be alive when they return and they will have a special moodlet because of wha happened.

say your story progression is off, you take a sim to see a show, a magic show, will the box of mystery be there, and can a sim die in it. not your sims, just a random sim
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited February 2012
    She means can the other Sims who have the magician career throughout the town die on their own during the performance, even though they are not a part of your family.

I think they probably can. Sims can die of drowning, hunger, thirst, old age, and every other way to die around town! But for any of this to happen, Story Progression must be on!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    She means can the other Sims who have the magician career throughout the town die on their own during the performance, even though they are not a part of your family.

I think they probably can. Sims can die of drowning, hunger, thirst, old age, and every other way to die around town! But for any of this to happen, Story Progression must be on!

so they cant die unless sp is on?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:

aha! *facepalm* Everything is SP. Story progression, Simport, Simpoints, Stuff Pack.... At some point I just can't tell anymore which is which.

It's pure speculation on my part but I think you're right. I play with story progression off 99% of the time do can sims be assigned professions? I honestly never noticed this.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well, every time you start a new game in a new world, if they have not been already, I believe that Sims who were created inside of the world are automatically assigned to a career.

So, if your world that you're playing in is pre-populated, then no matter what, nearly every Sim will have a career.
    But you'll need Story Progression on once every Sim has been created and assigned a job if you want more Sims in a job. So, if you want more magicians to spawn, then turn on Story Progression!

Since Starlight Shores is the ST world, you can definitely count on the possibility that a noticeably higher amount of Sims in this world may be already starting out in one of the 3 new professions, since the creators wanted you to have a world full of other performing Sims if you choose not to play that way! Same thing with Twinbrook!

So, in this instance, one of the Sims who already live in Starlight Shores may die if they are in the Magician profession. And this is more likely to happen since Sims are already assigned the new profession careers.

But don't go freaking out, that your neighbors are going to die all the time! I'm sure that they will make the dying in the Box of Danger a rare event, unless you're WAY too low in your career progress. And to prevent THAT from happening, I bet that Sims around town won't automatically attempt to do one of the dangerous stunts if there isn't a very high chance of them surviving. That would be a stupid move if they allowed this to happen!
  • Options
    edited February 2012

So, in this instance, one of the Sims who already live in Starlight Shores may die if they are in the Magician profession. And this is more likely to happen since Sims are already assigned the new profession careers.

so with SP off, they can still die?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I never play Twinbrook so that's probably why I haven't noticed.

@kristenwoods: I'm pretty sure that the chance of them dying is rather small. I wouldn't worry much about it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    With SP of they cannot die.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2012
    Doesn't matter whether you buy Showtime or not. Even without Simport, everyone gets the patch, and somehow, I get the feeling that the new update won't be optional.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think I'm going to buy it the day it comes out, but not open it. I want the limited edition content (not the KP version) if I do decide to play it, but I also want to make sure Twallan's updated everything and someone has added a social-blocking, SP-reward-unlocking mod before I install the game or the patch. If those don't come out and there are a lot of reports of glitches, I'll return the game a few days before the return policy times out. If those mods do come out and everything seems to be functioning well, I'll happily unwrap the package and install the game.

This is a good strategy. I was thinking along similar lines; that I might get it but wait to see if the forum blows up first. But waiting until close to release date is a good idea because it will be easier to return it. 8)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    SparkleKunSparkleKun Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2012
    I probably won't buy it until I get feedback on here when it comes out, and even then, I'm probably not going to. Frankly, it just doesn't appeal to me as much as I hoped it would, especially the Social features, but I suppose I'll get those anyway with the patch.

I'm disappointed again that kids can't play instruments yet, or did I miss that part? Doubtful.. I'm not happy with the game. It seems to be lacking a Sims feel to me, and just trying to be like the Sims Social with the features. I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy the thought of Sims being a multiplayer game. I find it pointless.

But yeah.. not meaning to argue with anyone.. just wanted to say that I think it's a disappointing Expansion so far, but I'll wait for the reviews. Maybe they hid the good stuff.

Kinda wish they'd put grand staircases in this one. Seems fitting to me.
  • Options
    AyriaMAyriaM Posts: 223 Member
    edited February 2012
    I think my biggest choice was LE or KP. Someone made a good point lately - they chose LE so they wouldn't have to see Katy Perry's face everytime they loaded the game. lol

I'm so glad someone said that..cause that would become annoying quick. Plus fruit props just..aren't my thing.

Thanks for posting - hope you make up your mind soon :3