Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've Decided ...

Right, I've been lucky enough to play Showtime twice now in London on two seperate events and I've decided that I'm not getting the game.

What about everyone else? Are you getting it?

Granted, it's a very fun expansion pack and it was funny watching the magician to see if he'd survive his own trick or not but judging by previous expansions' prices this one just doesn't seem worth the money for what we get.

Three professions, one neighbourhood, a bunch of clutter, new clothes + hairstyles (which are quite nice, mind you) and SimPort.

I myself will not be using SimPort because the community side of my Sims is pretty quiet and since we're getting the social features anyway with the incoming patch ...

Nah. I'll skip this one.

Please do tell me if there is more to the expansion pack that I missed. It's the first time I'm not buying a Sims expansion since 2008 :shock:
'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
- Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'

Comments

• Options
    kristenwoodskristenwoods Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited February 2012
    ill get it, can you say what the clubs look like?
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited February 2012
    Well whenever I got near any of them they were closed :lol: but they looked alright.
    I don't know whether or not it was because they were closed but I couldn't even enter them to look around, as if they were a rabbit hole.
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    EniracY wrote:
    Well whenever I got near any of them they were closed :lol: but they looked alright.
    I don't know whether or not it was because they were closed but I couldn't even enter them to look around, as if they were a rabbit hole.

i hope you can go in them, do the sims look nice? and what about the homes on the hills, the big mansions?
  • Options
    nathanbanks3nathanbanks3 Posts: 141
    edited February 2012
    I'd also like to know about the mansions.
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited February 2012
    Well, yeah, there's plenty you missed!

For one, all of the Showtime achievments (You still get achievements, but not for Showtime).

We're also getting several Sims past favorites returning, such as the photo booth, the DJ, the Electrodance Sphere thingy, pool tables, the mechanical bull, jukeboxes, the golf course, and the karaoke machine.

As far as gameplay and other items go, you're also missing out on:

-The Genie, who not only can grant wishes, but if you add them to your family, he can magically conjure ANY food dish except Ambrosia. He can also magically clean stuff, I hear!

-All of the exclusive content from Simport that can be unlocked (which ALSO includes past favorites remodeled, such as the Freezer Bunny and the Social Bunny... I just realized how bunny-themed this EP is!)
    There is also SO MANY things that you can get if you use SimPort! In fact, in my opinion, this EP isn't actually a full EP without the items that you can unlock!

-Your Sims can sing songs

-According to Black Garden I believe there is a vegetarian version of every dish currently available coming with this game

-Banana trees (Your Sims the bananas whole! :lol: )

-Tofu

-Sing-a-grams for ANY occasion - happy, romantic, casual, and more!

-Special performance rewards

-Apparently, according to the chat, you can throw even a life preserver on stage if you're in the audience - ALSO, they seem to have created a system in The Sims where if you miss or hit another Sim while throwing something on stage, the object will bounce back at you!

-You can hire any of the performance careers for parties! (Or so I hear... from MULTIPLE sources that also went to one of the many demos in Europe!)

-Being able to see your friends' Sim actually come into your game, and perform on stage for you! You can also KILL your friends' Sims if they're a magician, apparently, too!

-The Simfest competition, with a person that actually comes out and introduces and sponsors the entire event!

-The Diva trait (This will make your town a lot more realistic, judging on real life behaviors. A lot of people act like this, believe it or not!)

-AWESOME, modern-looking, and for once, highly realistic-looking rabbitholes!

-More combined rabbitholes, too!

-Performing for tips out on the street! Now you can literally create your own stories of a hobo living off of tips that they get from performing in the streets! This would be an AWESOME experience in Bridgeport, since in my mind, that's where most hobos would probably be found.

I'm sure there's lots more to it, also!

(If other people have posted this thread to a second page, I've been typing this for 3 hours... I've gotten sidetracked!)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Haha, no don't worry there's no second page here.

You can already play for tips using other methods so I'm not too fussed.

Of what I saw of the Diva trait it was funny sometimes (they are more likely to slap other Sims in arguments = funny) but the other trait just seemed like a skill booster.

I wouldn't really see my friend's Sim in my game as I don't really do a lot of community stuff and wouldn't have that many people to share with, so anything regarding SimPort is a bit useless for me.

I would miss the achievements, true. I'm a bit of a completionist :mrgreen:

You can throw a life preserver at a Sim and then they get to keep it. I saw it happen. Anything you throw at a Sim performing will be kept by them (unless, I believe they miss).

Oh yeah banana trees ... I'd miss them :/

Now I'm all indecisive again! :lol:
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I'd also like to know about the mansions.

From what I saw of some of the premade Sims' mansions they were very spacious with some funky architecture thrown in, like odds bits of roof being higher than other bits.

One Sim had a whole room dedicated to this award in the shape of a microphone with two big flashing arrows (part of the stage props you can get) pointing to a mirror.
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• Options
    Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited February 2012
    For me this is second sims 3 expansion Im not getting. And a genie isn't game play improvement.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2012
    Don't worry I won't, enjoying a product is dependent on what one wants out of it and it different strokes for different folks and I am most definantly getting it. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2012
    @bunbunnyny:

Did you miss the part where the OP said they'd had the opportunity to play the game *twice*?

If you did, then how can you *assume* that they missed out on anything that you just mentioned? I would have to say that the OP played, and had fun, but decided in the long run that they didn't want to invest the money on this EP. So, why is it so hard for you to wrap your mind around the concept that someone could play Showtime and then decide for themselves that, while it was fun, it's not worth spending the money...at least not to them?

And did you also miss the part where the OP said they weren't planning on using Simport? If not, why do you insist on trying to sell them on Simport? Really, is it the end of the world if players decide they don't want Simport?

But, really, I think the main thing was that the player decided that, while they had fun, they decided not to spend the money after all, because to them, at least, it's not worth it.

At least the OP can say that they made an informed decision because they did, after all, play the game...TWICE.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Woah, woah!

It's ok I understand some people tend not to read the whole post, especially if it looks a bit long.

I thought the professions were fun, especially the magician and the singer would be good for my stories but otherwise it's a no-show (get it?) for me.

I didn't play the genie myself but the girl across from me (duckeggpie in case you know her) did and it was quite funny. You can wish for more wishes apparently :-o
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• Options
    edited February 2012
    can tell us more about the golfing thing? and what YOU thought of the mps player?
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited February 2012
    So the OP played twice and never went inside a venue? :hunf: well I'm sorry you disliked it, but I'm going to have to go with Writin_Reg's reviews on this one. I'm getting it.
  • Options
    pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm looking forward to getting this EP. I've already preordered it at Game Stop.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • Options
    lvla12ylvla12y Posts: 727 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    @bunbunnyny:

Did you miss the part where the OP said they'd had the opportunity to play the game *twice*?

If you did, then how can you *assume* that they missed out on anything that you just mentioned? I would have to say that the OP played, and had fun, but decided in the long run that they didn't want to invest the money on this EP. So, why is it so hard for you to wrap your mind around the concept that someone could play Showtime and then decide for themselves that, while it was fun, it's not worth spending the money...at least not to them?

And did you also miss the part where the OP said they weren't planning on using Simport? If not, why do you insist on trying to sell them on Simport? Really, is it the end of the world if players decide they don't want Simport?

But, really, I think the main thing was that the player decided that, while they had fun, they decided not to spend the money after all, because to them, at least, it's not worth it.

At least the OP can say that they made an informed decision because they did, after all, play the game...TWICE.

umm did you also missed the part where the OP ASKED if there is anything else she missed? That's probably why bunbunnyny listed it all for her/him..

and is it really relevant to attack a person because you think they are selling this EP to whom-you-assume-didnt-like-it? because you missed the part where the OP said he/she is indecisive again,, :/
  • Options
    TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited February 2012
    Judging by the Price I'm not surprised. I just love objects that allow extra game play so I'm sold on this one!.. :lol:
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2012
    It looks pretty cool! I'm pre-ordering this on my birthday, Feb 27.. Then that following Friday after my b-day, I get it off, so I get a nice long 3-day weekend to play Showtime... Plus I get a free stuff pack!

I'm mainly only going to use the new objects though like the DJ Tables, Karaoke Machines, Photo Booths, Electro-Dance Spheres, Two-Player Arcade Machines, Mechanical Bull, and Pool Tables all for clubs so each club can be more unique looking... Then there's still the MP3 Player, Golf Range, and Skee-Ball to use! I also *think* there's a new non-rabbit-hole place, the coffee shop, but if not, I still get TONS of other new stuff I didn't mention like hiring all new people to my kids birthday parties to make them less boring. And I also plan on using the Magician Profession....
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It looks pretty cool! I'm pre-ordering this on my birthday, Feb 27.. Then that following Friday after my b-day, I get it off, so I get a nice long 3-day weekend to play Showtime... Plus I get a free stuff pack!

I'm mainly only going to use the new objects though like the DJ Tables, Karaoke Machines, Photo Booths, Electro-Dance Spheres, Two-Player Arcade Machines, Mechanical Bull, and Pool Tables all for clubs so each club can be more unique looking... Then there's still the MP3 Player, Golf Range, and Skee-Ball to use! I also *think* there's a new non-rabbit-hole place, the coffee shop, but if not, I still get TONS of other new stuff I didn't mention like hiring all new people to my kids birthday parties to make them less boring. And I also plan on using the Magician Profession....

HAPPY EARLY *BIRTHDAY*!!! may all your wishes come true, mine is on march 17th, when ill get it :-)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2012
    lvla12y wrote:
    umm did you also missed the part where the OP ASKED if there is anything else she missed? That's probably why bunbunnyny listed it all for her/him..

and is it really relevant to attack a person because you think they are selling this EP to whom-you-assume-didnt-like-it? because you missed the part where the OP said he/she is indecisive again,, :/

I think it *is* relevant, because apparently some people feel threatened by the fact that a person could play this expansion pack twice, and still decide not to buy it. Yes, they may be indecisive and change their mind, BUT, bunbunnyny was very emphatic on what the OP missed, and really she has nothing to base her opinion on, except what she has read. I have a lot more respect for the OP's opinion, because at least the OP had some hands-on experience before deciding not to buy in the first place, regardless of whether or not they change their mind and decide to buy in the end.

But then again, that's what peer pressure can do for you. And, Aeroprincess, the OP *did* try to go into the ventues, but they weren't open at the time they went.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm looking forward to getting this EP. I've already preordered it at Game Stop.

Me too! I am counting down the days for 10:00 A.M. when our local store opens on the 6th of March. I am so excited to get all the things that I have been missing since the base game.

I am so excited to build my old ts2 Music Hall (bar) b/c now I'll have all the objects again, plus the addition of the bull ride. I just cannot wait.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SoretooliSoretooli Posts: 233 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I don't really want Showtime but I'll probably end up buying it anyways. :(
  • Options
    dnranadnrana Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    @bunbunnyny:

:roll: Here we go again
  • Options
    monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I went to the event in Scotland and I really enjoyed the new expansion pack, but of course that is my opinion. To the OP, I hope the next expansion pack (after Showtime) is something that you will enjoy more. Happy Simming :D
  • Options
    dnranadnrana Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2012
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    lvla12y wrote:

I think it *is* relevant, because apparently some people feel threatened by the fact that a person could play this expansion pack twice, and still decide not to buy it. Yes, they may be indecisive and change their mind, BUT, bunbunnyny was very emphatic on what the OP missed, and really she has nothing to base her opinion on, except what she has read. I have a lot more respect for the OP's opinion, because at least the OP had some hands-on experience before deciding not to buy in the first place, regardless of whether or not they change their mind and decide to buy in the end.

But then again, that's what peer pressure can do for you. And, Aeroprincess, the OP *did* try to go into the ventues, but they weren't open at the time they went.

I'm sorry but I think you've lost the plot here. NO-one and I mean no-one feels threatened by your or anyone else's decision to get the game. The OP stated her opinion and posed an OPEN question to simmers. The response she got from bunbunnyny did not warrant the attack she received from you. While she did not reveal her sources i'm pretty sure she's not making it all up. I have come across similar information after reading reviews from people who have had "hands on" experience.

I respect the OP's decision to not the get the game. And I'm sure that others do too. Maybe it is you that feels threatened by people who are looking forward to the game. Maybe you should stop bullying simmers and start respecting opinions other than your own, afterall this is an open discussion.

• Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited February 2012
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Well, yeah, there's plenty you missed!

For one, all of the Showtime achievments (You still get achievements, but not for Showtime). Dull MMO type stuff who adds nothing to gameplay. So I sang X song 20k times and I got badge, whoopie, who cares?

We're also getting several Sims past favorites returning, such as the photo booth, the DJ, the Electrodance Sphere thingy, pool tables, the mechanical bull, jukeboxes, the golf course, and the karaoke machine. The objects are cool but getting an entire EP just because you want a handful of objects? You know the reason they hold off from giving these onjects in previous EPs such as LN is so that people will feel compelled to buy EPs they are on the fence on.

As far as gameplay and other items go, you're also missing out on:

-The Genie, who not only can grant wishes, but if you add them to your family, he can magically conjure ANY food dish except Ambrosia. He can also magically clean stuff, I hear!
    This is just another creature. Not a must have, many of the abilities it has can be done with cheats and hacks.

-All of the exclusive content from Simport that can be unlocked (which ALSO includes past favorites remodeled, such as the Freezer Bunny and the Social Bunny... I just realized how bunny-themed this EP is!)
    There is also SO MANY things that you can get if you use SimPort! In fact, in my opinion, this EP isn't actually a full EP without the items that you can unlock!
    Terrible sell point. I paid for the game and I'm deprived of 90 items which plenty of it is just clutter. Not only that, I depend on others to unlock them.

-Your Sims can sing songs
    Part of the career. Basing an entire EP on just 3 careers is lame.

-According to Black Garden I believe there is a vegetarian version of every dish currently available coming with this game
    I think we could already do this with mods, once again, dishes is nothing major. Doesn't really impact game-play that much.
    -Banana trees (Your Sims the bananas whole! :lol:
    So we get one new fruit? Big deal. And the sims don't even have proper animations to peel the banana. Not impressed.

-Tofu
    this is the same thing as the vegetarian dish. you can make them by using tofu instead of meat. This is not a seperate feature.

-Sing-a-grams for ANY occasion - happy, romantic, casual, and more!
    Once again, this is part of a career even though your sims can order it without anybody in the household having that career.

-Special performance rewards
    Also ties in with the new career, this is not a seperate feature.

-Apparently, according to the chat, you can throw even a life preserver on stage if you're in the audience - ALSO, they seem to have created a system in The Sims where if you miss or hit another Sim while throwing something on stage, the object will bounce back at you!
    This is all part of the new careers. They can't be seen as something separate from the career. Performing bands won't have these features for example.

-You can hire any of the performance careers for parties! (Or so I hear... from MULTIPLE sources that also went to one of the many demos in Europe!)
    You're not even sure about this. Even it's true you already mentioned this ability before. So you're just repeating yourself.

-Being able to see your friends' Sim actually come into your game, and perform on stage for you! You can also KILL your friends' Sims if they're a magician, apparently, too!
    I can already see the drama of people killing each other's sims they spent time leveling up.

-The Simfest competition, with a person that actually comes out and introduces and sponsors the entire event!
    As nice as this is, it also ties in with the new careers only.

-The Diva trait (This will make your town a lot more realistic, judging on real life behaviors. A lot of people act like this, believe it or not!
    It's just a new trait. As fun as it may be it doesn't do much for "realism" in ones game. It's just a new trait to once again tie in with the new careers.

-AWESOME, modern-looking, and for once, highly realistic-looking rabbitholes!
    A lot of people dont care for the rabbit-holes. This is also based on your opinion which may very greatly for each person.

-More combined rabbitholes, too!
    See what above.

-Performing for tips out on the street! Now you can literally create your own stories of a hobo living off of tips that they get from performing in the streets! This would be an AWESOME experience in Bridgeport, since in my mind, that's where most hobos would probably be found.
    You could already do this. People have been creating stories about hobos since the basegame came out. nothing new here either.

I'm sure there's lots more to it, also!
    Really? Without even playing it? And you say that to someone who played the game twice?

(If other people have posted this thread to a second page, I've been typing this for 3 hours... I've gotten sidetracked!)