Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin-al Beats 500 Stereo *Pre-Order Bonus*

SimsVIP just pointed out when going to pre-order The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collectors Edition that an item named "Origin-al Beats 500 Stereo" popped up in the order, I guess this will be exclusive through Origin like the "Paws and Whiskers Costumes" set was with Pets and also i'm wondering if it will be exclusive through pre-order or if it will carry on with all orders.

kjnr.jpg

Edit: I guess we will hear about this by one of the SimGuru's in the next few days.

Sims3InGameItem_400x230_EN.jpg

Available with pre-orders of all versions of The Sims 3 Showtime.

Comments

• Options
    RickychengRickycheng Posts: 609 Member
    edited February 2012
    SimsVIP just pointed out when going to pre-order The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collectors Edition that an item named "Origin-al Beats 500 Stereo" popped up in the order, I guess this will be exclusive through Origin like the "Paws and Whiskers Costumes" set was with Pets and also i'm wondering if it will be exclusive through pre-order or if it will carry on with all orders.

kjnr.jpg

Edit: I guess we will hear about this by one of the SimGuru's in the next few days.
    Thanks for reminder.

Found the ad in Origin site & told SimVIP to add it :)
    (I am not sure they already put that ad in US Origin or not)

BTW, not only KP edition, should be ALL Showtime version(Included PLUS Showtime) got this offer.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2012
    I still want to know more details about that free dj booth we get from the store for registering since there are already 2 in the game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2012
    That's an Origin pre-order bonus as far as i have heard. There is also a new dj booth when you register your game at EA too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    lvla12ylvla12y Posts: 727 New Member
    edited February 2012
    ah cant have em all as Im not pre-ordering on origin
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I got Pets and Master Suite through Origin. Just to add, Pets came the day of release but Master Suite was a day late, but we also had a snowstorm here that day, so it might have been hard to deliver. I live half way up a mountain.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited February 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    That's an Origin pre-order bonus as far as i have heard. There is also a new dj booth when you register your game at EA too.
    Yeah I know about the dj booth because I was the one who found out about it hehe :P
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2012
    Cute, but I'll stick with my Amazon preorder, since I get free release-day shipping for being a Prime member. 8) Plus, I've got the Prima guide coming in the same order.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, I checked both Amazon and Gamestop and neither are giving a pre-order gift. I might as well go with Origin again as they haven't done me wrong yet.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited February 2012
    If anybody reading this orders through Origin but doesn't want the stereo, I would like to offer to trade something from the store for the code.

I can't order through Origin because they only offer digital for my region, but would like the stereo to be able to add it to my site.

I wish they didn't do this through Origin when they don't offer a physical release. *shakes head*
  • Options
    sims3jordan09sims3jordan09 Posts: 663
    edited February 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    If anybody reading this orders through Origin but doesn't want the stereo, I would like to offer to trade something from the store for the code.

I can't order through Origin because they only offer digital for my region, but would like the stereo to be able to add it to my site.

I wish they didn't do this through Origin when they don't offer a physical release. *shakes head*
    Me too i'm willing to trade something from the store for a code for the stereo, but obviously go to MrHawk first.
  • Options
    CoolGamingCoolGaming Posts: 840 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Beats. *mouth drooling

That's just pre-order. :(
  • Options
    TheMiktigerTheMiktiger Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited February 2012
    Lol at the name.
    *insert I see what you did there face*
    tumblr_ndvjzeK7pL1qcbk34o7_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    AngelDovePlayerAngelDovePlayer Posts: 308 Member
    edited February 2012
    Cute, but I'll stick with my Amazon preorder, since I get free release-day shipping for being a Prime member. 8) Plus, I've got the Prima guide coming in the same order.

same here.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Mr. Hawk, are you sure. I thought that too, and was not going to order through Origin back when Pets was going to come out, but EA Customer service told me that anything I could get before at the EA store i could get at Origin and I had always been able to pre-order the diskversions of the eps. So I went over to Origin and it does look like you are ordering digital until you get into the order form and it asks if you want physical copy or digital. So if I was you I would check that and make sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    RickychengRickycheng Posts: 609 Member
    edited February 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Mr. Hawk, are you sure. I thought that too, and was not going to order through Origin back when Pets was going to come out, but EA Customer service told me that anything I could get before at the EA store i could get at Origin and I had always been able to pre-order the diskversions of the eps. So I went over to Origin and it does look like you are ordering digital until you get into the order form and it asks if you want physical copy or digital. So if I was you I would check that and make sure.
    I saw that (the country flag he might come from) at his right bottom corner and pretty sure that he can not get the disk version.

I might be wrong through :oops:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:

It goes all the way to the payment page and still lists digital download. Nowhere on the site for AU does it list physical copies. No way I'm making payment unless it is for physical.

Also stupidly there is nothing in the FAQ regarding anything but digital.
    I find Origin a total waste, honestly. What's the point of offering exclusives to entice people to use the service if they don't really offer what people want? :roll:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    OK I just confirmed through live chat. The physical version is only available in the U.S.

What a disappointment. They gave me a 15% discount code which is particularly useless since I don't buy digital but the guy on the other end was nice enough and helpful.

Anybody want the code? (not valid for preorders)
  • Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2012
    Is there any way to get the stereo if you already pre-ordered through Origin before the stereo was offered as pre-order bonus?
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited February 2012
    OH LA LA!!!!

I want that, I want it cause I don't have it.
  • Options
    junee144junee144 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Is there any way to get the stereo if you already pre-ordered through Origin before the stereo was offered as pre-order bonus?

^I was going to ask the same....I hope we do get it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I think previously the bonus was added to existing orders although it took some time. Try contacting their "support" and they may be able to add it for you.

I say support in quotation marks since it's really luck of the draw if you get any or not :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I know with Pets I pre-ordered the first day I noticed you could pre-order - back in June, so did not know about the bonus critter sets, but after I got my game Origin sent me an email to click on it for the bonus Critter outfits and i did. It took me to the Sims store where the Critter sets were waiting.

Mr. Hawk, Origin content is not transferable seeing they have to be clicked on from email and are put directly into our purchase history.

Besides that i have tried to give away content I have duplicates of, and EA says I can't do that as I have a ton of content I got duplicates from by buying sets and compilations. EA won't let me give them away - which seems unfair as i have a lot of friends who would appreciate that content.

EA says we have to purchase for others just gifts or whole bundles of Simpoints as I also tried to give a simmer 100 points they needed to buy something and EA said I could not take anything from my account and give to someone else. So at least here in the USA what you want is not possible.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Thank you for your help, Writin_Reg. You can always be counted on for a helpful and informative post.

Hmmm....I may have to ask a friend to accept a delivery for me and post it on. How annoying.
  • Options
    SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited February 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Hmmm....I may have to ask a friend to accept a delivery for me and post it on. How annoying.

Like yourself Mr Hawk... I really wish we could order through Origin but the physical disk version. Its not available here in New Zealand either.

I'm trying to visualize how long we would have to wait by mail from the US to actually receive the copy if I could find someone to do that for me. I missed the Paws n Whiskers give away :( (spot the big kid!) its almost too much to go without this bonus, hehe.

Seriously weighing up waiting to receive on the day of release or waiting a week probably at least to receive here from the US. Although the US has an earlier release date than NZ anyway.

How would the game zoneing work though? Don't they have different codes for different countries? Use to effect patching.
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited February 2012
    To Mr Hawk and SunnyBelle

You could just tell the CS about this after you register your copy. They will give you the code after about you spend about 30min++ or less in live chat :-)

That always works for me, but maybe because there's no EA Store/Origin in my country..