Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sim requests at one time?

Hi all,
I have been going along reading all about simport posts. I have been reading posts about having lots of sim friends to simport with to get the rewards.
Exactly how many sim friends can one simport with at a time? If the game and your computer can only manage let’s say 8 sims before your game crashes then what will happen if you had let’s say 20 simport requests at one time?

Next thought what about our firewall protection will that be shut off to allow for the others to simport to us and us to them?

Next thought is this considered a remote connection? You know were a tech can connect to another person’s computer to see what is wrong with their computer, or just to see how remote connection works?

I hope in the next Q&A or information that is released about show time the Guru's will give us details as to how this connection will performed.

I saw the video about Showtime and I see how enthusiastic they are about this simport feature. It is a nice concept but not necessary.

I for one do not wish to simport and have my computer hooked up to someone else. I for one do think it is not fair to us that do not wish to use this feature to be left out in the dark and not be able to have an option to get the rewards as well. Like Face book it is being pushed on us. Face book is pushed on us from everywhere. I do not use face book and do not want face book.

My concerns at this time is how will this actually work and what will have to be shut off if anything in order for it to work. Like virus protection, firewall protection etc.

I am getting the game because I am a sim attic and I will finish out this collection. I will be getting sims 3 show time limited edition. The Katy Perry is ten dollars more. At this time I need the additional ten dollars to buy milk and bread. I have sims 1, sims 2 and all of sims 3 thus far.

When Sims 3 is done and the site is no longer like sims 1 and sims 2 and you can no longer post comments or simport with your friends because everyone has moved over to sims 4. Then what? or is everyone just going to simport to get the rewards for the game then shut it off?

These are just some of my thoughts, I am really curious as to how this will work and what we will see on the forums after many have used the new simport feature.
Happy simming and what do you think about how this will connect to our computers?
Your sim friend,
Winterloc

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi Winterloc! This is Wndy10010, long time not see!

I could not have expressed my concerns any better. I want the careers in this EP because I am bored with the others. But I don't want to Simport to get the rewards. Much like I didn't want to post silly memories to Mypage to get a reward.

I am afraid after this, TS3 will just be a 'do this' and 'get this' type game. I find it hard to watch a family of four in this game and meet all the goals for them I have set up and try to get them to another generation without having to be bombarded with requests to Simport, or add this memory to get this, or that, be told what my Sim is 'feeling'. I so wanted this game to be as 'open' gameplay as TS2 but it's not. Though I try my best to 'really' like it, it seems to be a totally different genre...RPG more and more. And that I do not want.

Edit to add: In response to your question about when TS3 is over, then what? I think some aren't concerned about that. What does happen when TS3 site is over, and TS4 is here? What then? How will one get the rewards? What will be the point? I think some don't care because they think TS3 will get 5 more EPs...but I really doubt that....
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lvla12ylvla12y Posts: 727 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I wish I have an answer to your questions... these are my thoughts:

1. you can only accept one simport request at a time (as you need to set up the stage etc as well)

2. other requests may be pop ups, like how those little pop ups come up located at the upper right side of the screen.. (you know what I mean)

3. About firewall, anti virus etc, I think it works like when you download something off the net, like the sims exchange for example, or sims store.

4. Yeah, it saddens me how the sims 1 lost their own site, I used to have a simpage there with my loved stories, and now it's gone! (good thing I kept those stories on my hard drive)

edit- for those typos
  • Options
    lvla12ylvla12y Posts: 727 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Cinebar wrote:
    Hi Winterloc! This is Wndy10010, long time not see!

I could not have expressed my concerns any better. I want the careers in this EP because I am bored with the others. But I don't want to Simport to get the rewards. Much like I didn't want to post silly memories to Mypage to get a reward.

I am afraid after this, TS3 will just be a 'do this' and 'get this' type game. I find it hard to watch a family of four in this game and meet all the goals for them I have set up and try to get them to another generation without having to be bombarded with requests to Simport, or add this memory to get this, or that, be told what my Sim is 'feeling'. I so wanted this game to be as 'open' gameplay as TS2 but it's not. Though I try my best to 'really' like it, it seems to be a totally different genre...RPG more and more. And that I do not want.

omg I feel you! The sims 3 is kind of a hard game for me with lots of goals to accomplish! The open world gives me stress, because I don't know.. maybe because it feels like I need to control the whole town at the same time? or I just cant stay put in my house because there's a lot to see, a lot to do.. Unlike in previous sims where my home is the only place I see until I decide to see other places.. Hard to explain, but its how I feel. In the sims 1 and 2 I keep throwing parties, invite people to my home but I somehow cant do it now. I like the sims 3 but I still miss the simple game it used to be. :)
  • Options
    winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi Cinebar,lvla12y,

First off aka Wndy10010, How are you may old friend. Thank you both for replying to my post. I agree with you both on this the sims 3. It is like an RGP. I have thought some more on this simport feature. I wonder if it will be like an instant messenger and we will hook up that way. I think I read somewhere here that they claim it to be safe. We will see.

I too find this game much different then the other sims game, however that is one reason why I bought it to see how different and because I loved the other games so much. I do not play anything else but these three collections. I too think there are more sps and eps coming in the future. I too am on the fence about some of the game play and some of the new features. My sims mostly are single living sims and work eat and sleep. I use to have in other sim games 8 sims in a house hold. I can have them and more in this game but I cannot keep up with them.

I too do like the look and the new attractions of Show time and I am also disappointed that there is no other option for us simmers to get the rewards. I finally did the memories thing and posted on my sims 3 page and did get somethings for the game.

That is another thing they are going to change the my sims 3 page as well. I actually like it the way it is now nothing wrong with it and the new page is too me very plain and not as decorative as this one. I liked the feature of having a picture set up behind your avitar and comments etc. Now it appears the backgrown will be plain white and you cannot post a badge with your avatar but they will be posted along side your avatar. I will adjust and except it as I really have no choice in that matter. Just seems to me things in our worlds are being forced on us and I am really not happy about that.
    As for the other sim communities yes they are gone, however you can still view your sims2 page but that is about it.

Cindbar good to see you Ivla12y nice to meet you thank you both for posting to my post :)

Your sim friend,
    Winterloc

Edit because i did not proof read it before I posted.