Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to play downloaded worlds?

Hi guys.
I downloaded some great worlds from the exchange - the Los Angiolos (sp) one also.

The thing is, I download them - and I install them through my GAME LAUNCHER - but when I start the game and create a new game only the three original towns are available - Twinbrook, Bridgeport and the first one (can't remember the name).

How do I choose to play the downloaded worlds in the game? :(

Comments

• Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited January 2012
    Are the world files in the Installed World folder? It sounds as though perhaps your DCCache files are not working as they should.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    Alexb0274Alexb0274 Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    How to do I find this out. :(

Normally - with houses, I just install them through the game launcher and away I go.

Is the case different with Worlds?
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited January 2012
    No, they should install just the same way as houses, but it seems that yours haven't. The DCCache files can become corrupted (so causing the Launcher to be unable to install items correctly, so I was asking whether the world files were present so that we can confirm this.

Look in Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Installed Worlds to see if the world file is there. It should be called by the name of the world you installed, for example newville.world.
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    I have a problem. I moved my world (In this case Riverview) to installed worlds since it didn't show up, then once that didn't work I tried to rename it to riverview.world in hopes that would fix it. (It was originally named Riverview Sims 3 Pack) Once I did that, all my worlds went poof! Is there something I did wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

@xXPerfectNeonKittyXx, you might be better off asking your question in the thread for new members over in the Tech section as no one has posted in this thread in a long time... :)

Here is the link for the new member thread for TS3... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top