Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shattered Light - A Rainbowcy - Chapter 12: That Little Development (11/26/14) [Hiatus Continues]

Comments

• Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited January 2012
    mochabrown wrote:
    hey love your story so far, looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank you! And thanks for commenting!
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited January 2012
    shogunfish wrote:
    Yay! Got Fawkes skintones installed, there will soon be some wonderously Fawkes-y sims in my Rainbowcy! (but not yet, because my brother is still using the computer... :roll: )

I have it installed but I haven't used it yet. I really don't need anymore sims for my Rainbowcy atm but I imagine I will next gen. I was actually thinking of letting people make for me to add also some as long as they fit the mythic sprite theme I have. That is if the interactive thing is working well enough.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I LOVE Fawkes skintones! They are amazing. <3

Did you like my pun? No?

Fawkes-y sims? Get it?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    No? Nobody gets it?

Maybe I should just stop attempting humor

:(
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I get it. I just check in here on and off though. lol.

Actually I played with the cheats a bit but I can't find the poser. At least I can set stuff up a little better for screenies so hopefully mine will look a little better here in out.

Have you had the chance to try them yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The skin colors? They are amazing! I made some extras with them, and because I have them I downloaded some characters from Skip's rainbowcies.

Make sure that you put the pose thing in the right place when you download it. Did you download the mods folder from modthesims first? You need that for them to work.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    shogunfish wrote:
    The skin colors? They are amazing! I made some extras with them, and because I have them I downloaded some characters from Skip's rainbowcies.

Make sure that you put the pose thing in the right place when you download it. Did you download the mods folder from modthesims first? You need that for them to work.

It shows in the mod flolder but I can't find it in the buy mode to put it out. I'll have to read the notes on MTS again.

Make a sprite or Fairy and I'll put them in my town if you want.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Okay. I'll keep that in mind. I don't use CC, so I don't have wings, but if I get some I'll make a fairy.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    This and This are the links that jessieandrex gave me to help with mods, if this helps.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I found them so I'll now be trying them out. Hopefully you'll see what results in the next episode or one of my other stories. I'm still trying to decide which relaunches I should do as storytellers.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hello peoples!

'sup?

,':s
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hi. I just got done cooking dinner. Now I get to sit down. lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ,':s that didn't look as much like a smily as I wanted it to...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    >*))))><

What goes on?
  • Options
    Nestea7Nestea7 Posts: 3,906 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi! I just wanted to say that I just found this story and I really love it so far. I can't wait to find out what happens now with Greth and Red. :D
    13fcff1d-7af7-484d-8692-ac6c30a1ff6b_zpsb31b1e3b.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Perfect timing. I'm going to update in just a minute! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Chapter 4: Part 1: Where Do We Go From Here?
    screenshot_original.jpg

I heard the doorbell ring. All I wanted was for whoever it was to go away, and leave me to cry in peace. It rang again, and I told myself I had to get up. It took more effort than it should have to get myself off the couch, and the only thing that gave me that effort was the little spark of hope that it could be Red. I hoped dearly that he was coming to tell me that he got the painting, and that everything was fine. That what had happened was actually nothing, maybe it was just all a dream. But everything wasn’t fine. It wasn’t Red.

screenshot_original.jpg

The moment she saw me she started to sob, but only for a moment. As soon as she regained herself she gave me the nastiest look I had ever received.
    “I hate you.” She spat.
    It startled me, “You what?”
    “I... hate... you.” She said again, “You ruined my life!”
    “How did I ruin your life... I hardly even know you.” I tried to stay calm, even with her anger. It was radiating off of her, pouring out of her like smog.
    “You may not know me very well, but you certainly got to know my boyfriend.” She snarled at me.
    Suddenly it dawned on me, “He told you?”

screenshot_original.jpg

“Yes, he told me! He was my boyfriend, he wasn’t just some random guy that I liked. We were committed to each other.” She screamed.
    I tried to contain myself at the word was. I desperately searched my head for something that I could say, “I told him that we could forget about it. Pretend that it didn’t happen.”
    “Even if you pretended it didn’t happen, it still happened.” She pointed out, “But, hey, I got to dump his sorry, cheating, berry self.”
    “Why did you come here?” I asked, “Just to make me feel bad, because, for your information, I already felt terrible.”
    “Mission accomplished. No deed goes unpunished. I hope you remember that.” With that she turned on her heels and left, leaving me alone in the kitchen.

screenshot_original.jpg

I closed the door behind her. I felt like I needed to scrub the floors because she walked on them. Suddenly I realized that I had not eaten since my dinner with Red, and I was starving. I figured that as long as I was up I should make myself some food.
    I heard a knock on the door, and fearing it was Bubble Gum I was reluctant to answer it. But the knock was persistent, so I went to the door and flung it open, ready to yell at her.

screenshot_original.jpg

To my surprise it was not Bubble Gum standing at the door. It was Red.
    “What are you doing here?” I asked, choking back tears, fearing what he was going to say.
    “I’m here to apologize.” He said, “What I did to you was wrong, and I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have made you be friends with Bubble Gum, and I shouldn’t have come over when she couldn’t. Being alone with you... it was hard to contain myself, and I acted in the spur of the moment. I hurt you. Something I never wanted to do, and something that was bothering me since the moment I got up from that couch. When I first saw you, something seemed different in me. I pushed it aside as though it was nothing, but it wasn’t nothing. I didn’t want to break off what I had with Bubble Gum, because I didn’t know what you would mean to me. But I realize now, and I can’t loose you, Greth. Please tell me that you forgive me.”
    There was an awkward silence, when I wanted to reply but if I opened my mouth every pent up emotion would come pouring out. I took a deep breath, and I looked Red in the eyes.

screenshot_original.jpg

The answer that I gave him must have been good enough, because he reached his arms around me and pulled me out towards him. What he was giving me was a million times stronger than what he had given me the first time. My body was warm, like I was standing in front of a fire, so close that the flames were gently licking me, and yet I knew that I wouldn’t be burned. I let the flames come as close as they wanted, because I was safe.

screenshot_original.jpg

The warmth enveloped me. He gently slid his arms around me, and picked me up. I leaned my head against his and closed my eyes, savoring his touch. This time I knew I could relax completely. Bubble Gum was out of the picture, I had Red all to myself.
    “I love you, Greth.” He whispered to me, as he carried me into the house.
    “I love you, too, Red.”

screenshot_original.jpg

Things happen. Things that seem like a good idea at the time. Sometimes you brain lets your emotions get out of hand, and you can’t think straight. Some people say that love is a drug, and I would have to agree. Red and I had too much to love, our minds were filled with the idea that we had each other, and nobody else to worry about. We were free from the things that kept us apart.

But thinking back with a clear mind you realize things. You have regrets, and it makes you wonder if what you did would have been the right thing at any other time. If what you did was done too soon, and thinking back it might have been too soon.

screenshot_original.jpg

Actually it was definitely too soon.
  • Options
    itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited February 2012
    :D so she got him in the end - I can't wait to see what the baby looks like :lol:
    I take it that is morning sickness! :wink:
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

• Options
    edited February 2012
    You are correct! (I'm to nice for her not to get him... at least in this generation :twisted: )
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Any other comments?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Nice update. Did you get to use the movie maker cheats for the screenies?

I've been using them with another game and the Rainbowcy.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yes. The movie maker cheat is the most useful cheat ever.
  • Options
    jessieandrexjessieandrex Posts: 714 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hun, I should at least let you know I'm reading, and I really like it. I've been tempted to do a rainbowcy, but the amount of them out there has just gotten way out of hand, you're lucky you started yours at the time you did! :lol:
    P.S Someone puh-lease explain movie maker cheat to me. I've heard of it, but I have no idea what it actually is...
    All my poses are from pose player (ah... fanstastical pose player.)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, there are a whole lot of rainbowcies out there, but I just couldn't resist the temptations of berry sweet sims.

The movie maker cheat let's you force your sims to do actions that they would randomly do any way. You can use it to make them display an emotion, do something that happens because of a moodlet, do those random things they do when standing around, etc. To use it first use testingcheatsenabled true and then moviemakercheatsenabled true

I use it mostly to make them have emotions. Like the chapter after they kissed all of her crying was thanks to the movie maker cheat.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    shogunfish wrote:
    Yes. The movie maker cheat is the most useful cheat ever.

Yes I think you'll notice a difference with my new stuff now that I've been playing with the cheat. The removing headline effects is also a God Send thanks for the info. I also was able to use the poser for a few things but its very hard to figure out the poses created for 2 sims.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Red reacts to the pregnancy especially after Gerth's reservations.