Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shattered Light - A Rainbowcy - Chapter 12: That Little Development (11/26/14) [Hiatus Continues]

Comments

• Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited January 2012
    We had 15 inches of snow today so I'm hoping that it's another snow day tomorrow. If it is there will be another update, if its not a snow day I probably won't update again until the weekend.
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    sgbdsgbd Posts: 3,692
    edited January 2012
    HAAAAAAAAIII!!!!!!!!!!!!

*stalks forum like a stalker*
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Ok. So, snow day again tomorrow! :) which means probably another update!

@sgbd Hey... :lol:
  • Options
    sgbdsgbd Posts: 3,692
    edited January 2012
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    So I was going to update today, but my power went out. if I get power back later I'll update. I managed to take all the pictures before I lost power.

@sgbd happy birthday!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I think it's unlikely that I'll update today. There's a state of emergency in half my state so I don't think I'm getting power back any time soon. Luckily we have a generator, and my router has power, so I can use the Internet but I can't use my computer to update. I don't know how long it'll take for the power company to get the trees off the lines, so maybe I can update in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    rainstormedrainstormed Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2012
    shogunfish wrote:
    I think it's unlikely that I'll update today. There's a state of emergency in half my state so I don't think I'm getting power back any time soon. Luckily we have a generator, and my router has power, so I can use the Internet but I can't use my computer to update. I don't know how long it'll take for the power company to get the trees off the lines, so maybe I can update in the next couple of days.

Oh no! I hope things get back up and running quickly for you. Stay safe!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thanks! We can get to town, where the power is on, so that's good. I had really been hoping to update today, since it was a snow day, but I guess it was just too much of a snow day.
  • Options
    Skip45Skip45 Posts: 19,876 New Member
    edited January 2012
    ...It's snowing in your state.
    And.
    It's 75 degrees here.
    Odd stuff. :3
    Anywhos, I shall be waiting for an update! And stay saaaffeeeeeee. :3
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The whole pacific northwest is apparently having a huge snow storm. I wonder if Oregon and Idaho are having it as bad as Washington? It was really cool at first but some of the Douglas fir branches started cracking off the trees and falling... :shock: it was scary.

If the battery on my mom's laptop worked then I could update. I got the pictures uploaded before the power went out, but it has to be plugged in to work... :roll:

Every time I hear a branch fall it freaks me out...

Also when I got up this morning I had every intention of downloading Fawkes skintones and twallan's master controller. It took a lot of will power to give in to mods (it took will power to give in...? Sounds weird but it's true)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    WriterGurl97WriterGurl97 Posts: 6,087 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Ahh. No. Red. Silly boy, don't you see Bubble Gum a right little..ah...nothing. A nothing.

I loved the chapter, even if it was depressing, as this is the situation I'm in right now xD
  • Options
    rainstormedrainstormed Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2012
    shogunfish wrote:
    The whole pacific northwest is apparently having a huge snow storm. I wonder if Oregon and Idaho are having it as bad as Washington? It was really cool at first but some of the Douglas fir branches started cracking off the trees and falling... :shock: it was scary.

If the battery on my mom's laptop worked then I could update. I got the pictures uploaded before the power went out, but it has to be plugged in to work... :roll:

Every time I hear a branch fall it freaks me out...

Also when I got up this morning I had every intention of downloading Fawkes skintones and twallan's master controller. It took a lot of will power to give in to mods (it took will power to give in...? Sounds weird but it's true)

I think my Aunt said it was snowing in Idaho, not too bad though.

As for the mods, you may want to consider Twallan's Story Progression too.

And keep safe!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Well... Since my power is out and I am so bored you can't even begin imagine... And all I have to do is go on the forums or read (both of which I have done too much of) who wants a little sneak peak at chapter 2: part 1? I have it readily available.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Anyone?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh well. I have nothing better to do, so here's a little sneak peak.

"Hey, Greth, it's Red. He said. "Bubble Gum had a great time the other day and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out again today."
    He's giving you a way out! I thought to myself, Take it!
    "I didn't have a very good time last time, and I'm not interested in doing it again." I said, and I sighed in relief. That wasn't so hard I thought.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm open to conversation... Really... The forums are basically my only source of entertainment right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    [•=•] < it's a VHS tape!

(~^~) < and an upside-down face!

(•_•) < and a normal face

Yeah
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Anybody have anything to talk about?
  • Options
    BakerGirl17BakerGirl17 Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hi! Didn't you know you live in Washington. I do too! Crazy weather we are having. As to question the Oregon part. They are getting a lot of rain as well. It really bad that parts of flooding because some of the smalls can't handle it.

Anyways..enough with my random talk. I bookmark your story. I read your chapters you have so far and I like it. Just wanted to let you know. How are you doing?

Sorry to hear you lost power. :(
  • Options
    Nestea7Nestea7 Posts: 3,906 Member
    edited January 2012
    I really like your story so far. I bookmarked it. I'mma have to make sure I check back for new updates. :mrgreen:
    13fcff1d-7af7-484d-8692-ac6c30a1ff6b_zpsb31b1e3b.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Thanks! I'm going to update as soon as I get my power back. The estimate is for tuesday, fingers crossed it's sooner than that!
  • Options
    BakerGirl17BakerGirl17 Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hope you get your power. Can't wait for your update. ^^
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    So, I finally got power back! :) it's too late to update tonight, but I think I can update tomorrow!

It's so nice to be using a real computer again! New chapter!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Chapter 2: Part 1: The Friend Zone

It had been a few days since I had hung out with Bubble Gum, and Red hadn't called since. I hoped that she told him that she didn't have a good time, and that he wouldn't be calling again. And I promised myself that if he did, I wouldn't pick up.

screenshot_original.jpg

I broke that promise. I answered as a reflex, and as soon as I picked up I thought to myself Oh, Berry, what have I done? before answering.
    "Hello?" I asked, as if caller ID didn't exist, and I had no idea who it was. How stupid could I make myself sound?
    "Hey, Greth, it's Red!" He said, "Bubble Gum had a great time the other day, and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out again today?"
    He's giving you a way out! I thought, Take it! "I didn't have a very good time last time, and I'm not interested in doing it again." I said, and sighed in relief. That wasn't so hard.
    I was about to hang up when I heard his answer, "Oh, well what if the three of us hung out together? You, me, and Bubble Gum."
    I bit my lip. I wanted to think very carefully about my answer, but instead I blurted out "Okay!"
    "Great. Do you like playing sports?" He asked.
    I had already trapped myself into it, so I said "I'm not very good at sports, but sure."
    "Great! Meet us at the football feild behind the school!"

screenshot_original.jpg

I rode in silence to meet them, angry at myself for falling for Red. I knew it was no use fighting it, though, it was too late.
    The taxi driver gave me a weird look, and I shot one right back, then he left me alone.

screenshot_original.jpg

I met Red and Bubble Gum at the football feild, and I changed into my athletic clothes in a nearby port-o-potty. I tried to keep focued on his face, but he wasn't really helping me.
    "So, this isn't really a sport, per se, just a game of keep-away." Red explained.
    I nodded. Bubble Gum looked extremely uniterested.
    "We try to throw the ball through the goal posts, and steal it from each other. You versus me, Greth. Bubble Gum is the ref."
    He looked at Bubble Gum, she half smiled back.

screenshot_original.jpg

We spent the first part of the day playing, and Bubble Gum stood on the sides lines. She didn't make a single call. I forgot she was even there, and I think Red did, too. We ended up refereeing ourselves.
    "Foul!" Red called, after I accidentally elbowed him in the ribs.
    "Sorry," I laughed, "It's not like you haven't been playing rough. I should make more calls on you!"

screenshot_original.jpg

By the end of the afternoon we had abandonded the football, and were just chasing each other back and forth across the feild.
    Red tackled me a few times, but was very careful not to hurt me. Once he even tackled me right in front of Bubble Gum. She was less than happy about it, but we ignored her. There was no sense in letting her ruin our fun.
    I didn't tackle Red at all, once I tried but I was unsuccessful. I came at him full force and he didn't budge, I think I hurt myself more than I hurt him.

screenshot_original.jpg

After a while we even stopped running around, and we just stood and talked. Bubble Gum sat on the bleachers and texted somebody, while Red and I laughed our heads off. She stopped attempting to burn a hole through my skull with her gaze, or maybe I just relaxed enough that I didn't feel it anymore.
    Once the sun started to set Bubble Gum declared that it was time to go home. I invited both of them over.

screenshot_original.jpg

I offered them some dinner, but Bubble Gum declined.
    "Actually, Red and I had plans for tonight," She grabbed his hand, "Didn't we, sweetie?"
    For a moment I saw a look of confusion on his face, and then he realized, "Uh... yeah, we did. Sorry, Greth, we need to get going."
    "Oh, That's alright..." I told him, and Bubbled Gum pulled him out the door.
    "See you later!" He called back, "I'm glad you decided to come afterall, Greth, I hope you had a good time!"
    "I did," I told him, as I closed the door "I'm glad I came to my senses."

screenshot_original.jpg

I went to sleep happy that night, even though I was pretty sure that Red and I were stuck in the friend zone. It was an unpleasant place to be, but just being around Red made me happy, so I was okay with where I was. It was a start.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    So...