Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adam Slade: Birth of a Dynasty - A legacy story - Chapter D5 up 6 October 2013

Comments

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2012
    First off, massive apologies for once again taking so long to get a new chapter posted and thank you for sticking with the story - I hope you won't be disappointed with the latest instalment.

Yes, at last, it is here: chapter 29 - in which Wanda and Walter's relationship is no longer a secret.

So, hope you enjoy - Chapter 29: Scandal!

Thank you.
  • Options
    Sim_HappyAndFreeSim_HappyAndFree Posts: 371 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Another great, dark chapter! I can't wait to see what Anna does, and how Adam and Wanda react.
  • Options
    CandyiHeartSimsCandyiHeartSims Posts: 345 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I just caught up on your latest chapters! Excellently done! I can't wait to see what happens next! (:

I also just updated mine. I stayed up all night writing it! :3
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thank you both so much :-)

We are coming to the end of this part of the story, I know it's been going on for weeks - for what was supposed to be just a bit of back-story. Just one more chapter I think and then it's time I got back to the legacy proper!

Got plenty of drama and hopefully some fun (for a change!) for Cleo and Danielle (remember them? :lol: ) to write up.
  • Options
    CandyiHeartSimsCandyiHeartSims Posts: 345 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I can't wait! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hello stranger, how's the work on the next chapter going?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Blimey! Has it really been that long? Where does the time go! :shock:

Anyway, I have finally managed to complete the next chapter of the legacy story - hope you enjoy it :-)

The extent, and the consequences, of the Twinbrook scandal are revealed in Chapter 30: Leaving The Past Behind.

Screenshot-117.jpg

• Options
    PJaimi90PJaimi90 Posts: 64 New Member
    edited November 2012
    WOW! I have finally caught up on your story and it was amazing. Those last few chapters went by so quickly 'cause I coudn't stop reading.

I loved the twist you added into your legacy it was very unique and made it quite interesting to read.

Keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thank you so much! :oops:

Unfortunately I also stopped reading a lot of stories during my recent break from writing so I've got lots of catching up on your story to do now as well!

And, I noticed that my blog roll hasn't been keeping up-to-date with your new chapters - it still thinks you're on Gen 3! :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I understand, sometimes I get months behind in my reading :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hello...good to see your update. I really enjoy it. Garret is such a fool to be so bitter with Cleo. I enjoyed this sub-plot and looking forward to see what the future brings for Cleo and the Slade gang.

I've not been online much myself but starting to catch up now ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thank you ... and apologies for not not responding earlier or commenting on your recent updates - I will catch up with your story soon!

Well, it's just Cleo and Danielle now ... unless something unexpected happens ... oops, it seems it has!! :D

Chapter 31: Expecting and Unexpected

I hope you all enjoy it.

Over the last couple of months I've added Supernatural, Seasons, and Showtime and the extra load appears to be a bit much for my aging PC, especially with my old legacy save games :( I was planning on something quite dramatic for generation four but it seems I may have to do something even more drastic than I had expected. Going to be quite a shake-up in 2013! :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Just in time! Wanted to get a little cliff-hanger to round off the year :D

Once again, a most heart-felt thank you to every one of you who has taken the time to read even the smallest part of my story. Thank you!

So, Pascal is back, but is he back for good? Well ... there are a couple of things that need sorting out first ...

Screenshot3222.jpg

Chapter 32: Pascal's Conditions

I hope you all enjoy it.

And, finally, may I wish you a truly fabulous 2013! :-D
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited January 2013
    ..... gah cliffhanger, looking forward to the next chapter
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    All caught up. Great couple of new chapters. It'll be interesting watching the family rebuild.

And what will happen with those test results? :shock:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thank you both, and happy new year to you and yours :D

@Mmdrgntobldrgn for whatever reason I haven't been following your new Apocalyptic story, but have now devoured the first ten chapters :D Do you have a forum thread for it?

@Sim_HappyAndFree ... rebuilding? Hmmm, kind of, but not in the way you might expect :wink:

So, here we are, a new year and (maybe) more reliable updates ... well we can dream can't we!

Everyone is on the move in the latest chapter of the Adam Slade story:

Screenshot3303.jpg

Chapter 33: A New Start

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Doh! Forgot to update the first page and title! :oops:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Oh poor Pascal :(

I really enjoyed reading your legacy and i'm excited to follow Danielle.

I understand your problems with the save files and traveling and with the family growing it becomes hard to play. Sometimes I would wait ten minutes for the game to load only to have it crash within the first five minutes....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thank you, again :-)

I was sad to have to do that to Pascal - he was a good guy - but I needed to push Danielle ... and the story always has to come first!

And now it's time for a proper introduction to Danielle.

Danielle arrives in a new town, discovers new haunts ... and new friends?:

Screenshot3430.jpg

Chapter 34: A Desert Home

• Options
    edited January 2013
    For anyone who is interested, or wants to use any of my characters in their own game, I have uploaded both Danielle and Damien to my studio page and have also updated the info page on the story blog. :-)

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Well, Danielle seems to be settling into Lucky Palms quite nicely. She has a good group of neighbours and a fascinating new friend ... but there would appear to be more to Clark than she first thought. :wink:

In this latest chapter Danielle seeks some help in understanding Clark ...

Screenshot3504.jpg

Chapter 35: Seeking Advice

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Phew! Someone has been busy!!

I feel sad to see the end of Cleo and Pascal's story, but I understand the trials of computer problems! It is also good to see Danielle's personality and story emerging.

I like the fresh start in Lucky Palms - it does revitalise the story and as I don't have Lucky Palms it's good to get a glimpse of the world!

I like the new characters you are introducing too. I'm looking forward to seeing how this generation develops.

Just a small request, if you can bring back any old character (or update on any old character) please let it be Carl. I think I liked him just as much (maybe more) than Cleo. :mrgreen:

Off to update my story now, after such a long absence!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thank you! :D

Must say that I am enjoying playing Lucky Palms. It looks wonderful, but I have had to fiddle with the Seasons settings - I didn't think snow was really appropriate for a desert landscape :lol:

Carl? Yes, he had some interesting issues growing up and he and Malia did make a beautiful couple. Though I'm also intrigued as to how Damien might grow up. Well, we'll see what happens 8)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    First off, a massive thank you to everyone who has read even the tiniest part of my story - the page count is now over 5,300!! Which is totally unreal. Thank you!

In this next chapter Danielle decides it's time for honesty and openness if the relationship with Clark is going to go any further ...

Screenshot3611.jpg

Chapter 36: I Believe In You

I hope you enjoy :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Wow 5000 views! I'm on Chapter 54 now and I've only hit 4000!

You should give yourself a BIG pat on the back.

I really enjoyed the latest update. Gave me a warm fuzzy glow.

Little bit worried you may be lulling me in to a false sense of security before doing something...evil? :evil:

Looking forward to learning more about Clark's past and seeing what new angles that brings.

Keep up the good work :)