Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Killer Classic/Fan Favorite Items in the FUTURE??? Also, price is too much $$$

Well, I think it's cool and all how the Sims Team released that Killer Classic/Fan Favorite Set in the store today, but are we going to be seeing more? I really like the idea. The only problem I have with it is how the Cow Plant is ONLY in that set and you can't buy it alone as a Premium Content item. I would buy it in the set, but it's ********* $12! And the set only has 12 items! That's VEERRRRYYY greedy of them. Basically $1 per item and it's virtual! If the price was lowered to at least $10, it would be better so we only have to spend $10 on Simpoints, but otherwise the only way is to buy $20 worth of Simpoints to get it. And even lowering the price to $10 is a lot! EA, you should really lower the price of this! Your not gonna get any profits from that if you don't.

Anyways, does anyone have items or sets they liked from Sims 2 that could be in the store.

So far I have

Some furniture from the Ikea stuff pack

Or that HUGE TV that takes up 3 spaces

LOL I don't really know.....

Comments

• Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited December 2011
    that is ridiculous. they "listened" to customers by giving what we ask for in the most self-serving way possible. Its not like i expect to get everything for free but, cmon. I hope this goes the way barnacle bay did and they have to mark it down.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    They also added insult to injury by giving us items from Bon Voyage while ignoring why people want Bon Voyage back in the first place.
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited December 2011
    does anyone have a link to the new set your talking about
    cause i keep getting liam'ed !!
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited December 2011
    They're in the middle of updating the store at the moment, so no links would work.
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, 1200 simpoints. Too much! :evil:
    I think maybe 500 simpoints for only a cow plant is better.
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2011
    Wow, 6 whole dollars for one item.... :shock: EA is smoking CowPlant Leaves if they expect the masses to pay for something that expensive, even if it is carniverous. :lol:

I'll wait for a great daily deal. Like...75% off.
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2011
    that is ridiculous. they "listened" to customers by giving what we ask for in the most self-serving way possible. Its not like i expect to get everything for free but, cmon. I hope this goes the way barnacle bay did and they have to mark it down.

Lol Barnacle Bay actually went up.. It used to be $16 but then they changed it to $20! That's as much as a WHOLE stuff pack. Even worse is Hidden Springs. That's $25! WAAAYYY to overpriced. If EA had a one week sale where everything was 50% off, I bet they'd make quadruple the money they're making now. I heard from Sims VIP that on Christmas Day, the 4,000 Simpoints bundle for $40 is dropping down all the way to $15 if you use the promo code, CALENDAR25... I'm totally buying 2 of those bundles!
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited December 2011

It's rather funny, really.

When TS3 was new, they tried to do new and different things with it. After some of those additions were poorly received, EA started to realize they should just go back and re-release old TS2 content that everyone keeps asking for. They know where their bread is buttered. :)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited December 2011
    murfeel wrote:
    Wow, 6 whole dollars for one item.... :shock: EA is smoking CowPlant Leaves if they expect the masses to pay for something that expensive, even if it is carniverous. :lol:

Evidently, you haven't seen this. :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol Barnacle Bay actually went up.. It used to be $16 but then they changed it to $20! That's as much as a WHOLE stuff pack. Even worse is Hidden Springs. That's $25! WAAAYYY to overpriced. If EA had a one week sale where everything was 50% off, I bet they'd make quadruple the money they're making now. I heard from Sims VIP that on Christmas Day, the 4,000 Simpoints bundle for $40 is dropping down all the way to $15 if you use the promo code, CALENDAR25... I'm totally buying 2 of those bundles!

well i bought it when it came out at the very first cuz i had some free simpoints, and then they added a couple things and marked it up. I heard about a lot of ppl being outraged about it and now ive been seeing it on Origin for 9.99 so I assumed they marked it down cuz nobody was buying it. But yeah, i go nuts during sales! they had a 60% off simpoints sale a while back and if i had more money to spare i would have bought the heck out of that. I did get 2000 points for $8 though so i came out good. :P I will be definitely trying to get some on Christmas!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2011
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/EA-Need-For-Speed-PC-Gaming-Koenigsegg-premium-elite,14287.html

They get pennies from us compared to what they charge for virtual goods in some of their other games. Check out this car that came out Wed for need for speed for 100 dollars - it was temporary on sale for 75 dollars. We get away cheep. Check some of the prices of the virtual real estate. Heck and EA is moderate. My hubby just paid 20 bucks for a single horse over on Wow. At least we can make our own horses. I went looking around at other games, and I was amazed at how reasonable these things are. Whats more in the other games you don't buy the expensive goods you can even win some of the games goals.

But anyway, the above is EA's new car for their new Need for Speed World MMO.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited December 2011
    I like that EA is giving us the option to get stuff we want back. I think the price is a little over kill through. I was expecting more stuff to be in the pack.
    Hopefully that doesn't become the new thing of you can only get the premium content if you buy the rediculously over priced set.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited December 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I went looking around at other games, and I was amazed at how reasonable these things are.

Just because all of the other lemmings are jumping off of the cliff, doesn't make it reasonable. :lol: At least not in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also, that game with the $100 car is free to play. we have invested much more than $100 already and to insist that we pay $12 for these things($6 for the cow plant alone) is a bit much. looking at all the items in the set and considering that most of them are not enhancing actual gameplay, i would be happy with $8-10. at least so we only have to buy a $10 simpoint bundle.

*edit* i have no sympathy if EA only makes pennies off of these items, its not my concern to maximize their profit. I would probably not be such a stickler about buying simpoints if the prices were leaner, therefore i would have spent more by now.
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited December 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/EA-Need-For-Speed-PC-Gaming-Koenigsegg-premium-elite,14287.html

They get pennies from us compared to what they charge for virtual goods in some of their other games. Check out this car that came out Wed for need for speed for 100 dollars - it was temporary on sale for 75 dollars. We get away cheep. Check some of the prices of the virtual real estate. Heck and EA is moderate. My hubby just paid 20 bucks for a single horse over on Wow. At least we can make our own horses. I went looking around at other games, and I was amazed at how reasonable these things are. Whats more in the other games you don't buy the expensive goods you can even win some of the games goals.

But anyway, the above is EA's new car for their new Need for Speed World MMO.

Really? you get off cheap????
    Wow if everyone had that thought about the store then EA could charge us 100 bucks for a chair soon (at the rate its going i wouldn't be suprised if we end up getting those premium items @10 bucks a pop soon).

People can keep defending the store as oh its my hobby so i don't mind paying for it but really? just face it its getting out of hand. You could have had a CC creater make those things for free and you wouldn't be paying 1200 simpoints for this stuff... .

But face it every 3 months you have a stuff pack/expension pack coming out (wich is about 30 euro) the premium items wich are 5-6 euro a month and then you have the 3 sets and a additional world every now and then (sets being 30-40 euro's and worlds being 20 euro's).

For the price of those sets alone every month i can keepup 2 MMO's at a time or i can just buy a new game every month or smoke or drink myself to death or hey get a nice outfit or pay a chunk of my house... .

The thing that keeps bugging me is all your buying is pixels, pixels that half of the time don't even work anymore, If people where smart they'd just stop but hey we all know theirs crazy out there eh?

I do wish i was EA sometimes though hey i could make alot of money just selling bags of air and acting like it will amaze everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but when I spend $5-10 on Steam, I get a whole new game, not one or two items for an existing game that I'm already tired of. ;)
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but when I spend $5-10 on Steam, I get a whole new game, not one or two items for an existing game that I'm already tired of. ;)

Is there an echo in here? Liam? :?
    simsig_willwright.gif

-Honeywell
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:

I agree!!

when I bought DLC for fallout:new vegas for $10 i got about 5-6 hours of intense story in a new environment with new characters and more. so compare that with a glitchy cow plant and some decor?? they dont even have to make a story, pay ppl to say the lines, design a new world or anything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    blerg
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry EA, you're not getting my $12 for this
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif