Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Can I Get SimPoints?

How should a teenage girl living in S. Africa buy SimPoints?

I asked my parents for permission and they said their cards are off limits.

How do other South African simmers get their SimPoints?

All help appreciated. :D

Comments

• Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited December 2011
    No worries. I'm from Eastern Europe and I can't buy SimPoints too :oops: :mrgreen: You're not alone, dear ;)

Hope that you'll find a way how to buy them ;) Good luck ;)
  • Options
    SoretooliSoretooli Posts: 233 New Member
    edited January 2012
    No worries. I'm from Eastern Europe and I can't buy SimPoints too :oops: :mrgreen: You're not alone, dear ;)

Hope that you'll find a way how to buy them ;) Good luck ;)

Thanks! :(

So if you don't buy from the store, do you download third-party items instead?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Is there anyone out there who can help, any fellow South African simmers? :(
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Bump!
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited January 2012

I can't buy them either and im from the UK.

Unless you can buy them from stores, I can't see any other way sorry. :(
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited January 2012
    Are pre-paid cards available in your area? For example, money cards, Visa or Mastercard pre-paid money cards, greendot, etc. When people are not trusting their credit cards being used on-line, the above cards are used instead. I use Greendot on paypal for purchases. Maybe your parents can purchase them for you to use directly with EA or through Paypal?
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I can't buy them either and im from the UK.

Unless you can buy them from stores, I can't see any other way sorry. :(

Thanks for the help! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    blewis823 wrote:
    Are pre-paid cards available in your area? For example, money cards, Visa or Mastercard pre-paid money cards, greendot, etc. When people are not trusting their credit cards being used on-line, the above cards are used instead. I use Greendot on paypal for purchases. Maybe your parents can purchase them for you to use directly with EA or through Paypal?

I am not sure about the cards being available in my area...or maybe they are but I am not aware :) .

Thanks, I'll try asking my parents, again! :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2012
    You can buy EA cash cards at regular stores - not sure the store you have in SA, but here we can buy them from Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and some game stores. You can also get a debit card from your bank that you add your own money to as needed and EA accepts most of them also. There is also a way to buy Simpoints with certain cell phone - not the pre-paid phones though, it has to be one with subscriptions - like T-mobile service. Also via Pay Pal.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LittleKittenCatLittleKittenCat Posts: 660 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Try visiting your local game stores and ask them if they sell simpoint cards o.O
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Try visiting your local game or electronics stores and ask them if they sell simpoint cards o.O

*edit: I meant to edit the first post :oops: :oops: :oops:

Maybe this link will work for you https://sims3.checkout.ea.com/lockbox-ui/checkout/showMobileOffers

Its to buy simpoints via your phone. Never tried it though :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Try visiting your local game or electronics stores and ask them if they sell simpoint cards o.O

*edit: I meant to edit the first post :oops: :oops: :oops:

Maybe this link will work for you https://sims3.checkout.ea.com/lockbox-ui/checkout/showMobileOffers

Its to buy simpoints via your phone. Never tried it though :?

It doesn't seem to be available in South Africa :cry:
    Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    edited January 2012
    If you have a relative or maybe a pen pal from a state who has one, they could send one to you. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Soretooli wrote:

Sorry to hear that. If its any consolation, there are lots of custom content out there that are free. Just search for "custom content sims 3" and I'm sure google will come up with at least one of the popular custom content sites around.