Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA: Our Featured Creators Deserve to be Recognised!

Comments

• Options
    paogaepaogae Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I think that the "old system" was better! My "Milk & Coffee" was featured about two weeks ago and I have seen it only twice in the list! In addition, I received the badge, but there isn't the gold star on the creation's page ... :(
    Today, for all the day, I've seen the same creation in the home page ...! :?
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited December 2011
    They have now diminished the honor and the joy of it by making too many items featured and by not showcasing them as they once did.

Hm, what exactly do you mean? That it is easier to get featured today? I've only been here for about 3-4 months so I have no idea how it was in the past. Oh, I see you edited your post, nevermind then :]
  • Options
    computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited December 2011
    Manssom wrote:

It has been moved to the "community" tab, and there it will probably stay.

What has? There's always been a "random-carousel" on the community tab as far as I know.
    That's not a random carousel, is it? It says "Featured Member" and shows the item that was featured. BUT! I hate that carousel, because the featured item is in a tiny box on the lower left corner of that area. :roll:

Yes, you are correct. that is indeed the "featured" members now.
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited December 2011
    Manssom wrote:
    They have now diminished the honor and the joy of it by making too many items featured and by not showcasing them as they once did.

Hm, what exactly do you mean? That it is easier to get featured today? I've only been here for about 3-4 months so I have no idea how it was in the past. Oh, I see you edited your post, nevermind then :]

I did, I realized I misspoke (and also wanted to say that I liked Oil's idea). Sorry for any confusion!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The thing is though that it's always been there. It was there before the other carousel was removed from the main page.
    So nothing has really moved, like you claimed :>
  • Options
    masonjacksonmasonjackson Posts: 646 Member
    edited December 2011
    I agree someone should start a thread showcasing featured items
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi all, thanks for your feedback on the homepage design. We definitely want our featured creators' content to be recommended and downloaded as much as possible.

We are currently looking into how featured members can be better spotlighted. In the meantime, please continue to create and share your awesome work – we are always on the lookout for new uploads to feature!
  • Options
    Berolli14Berolli14 Posts: 554 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you. However, you can view many users that are featured here: http://www.thesims3.com/community
    You can scroll through about 10-15 featured items. They change that every few days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sereia8 wrote:
    Signed.

The way it looks right now, EA is jealous of creators in the community because their work is superior to what the EA employees make. They want to push these creations far off into a dark corner.

There are many people who do a wonderful job. But I doubt that is there reasoning behind it. They are focused on selling their store content. They are trying new things and they now know people do not approve..

What I hate more is all the technical difficulties... I wish they'd fix those way before fixing the featured member issue. That's just me.
  • Options
    CmnshtrCmnshtr Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited December 2011
    I was featured for the first time today ever and to not be shown on the site makes me pretty upset that you even bothered to pick me.

I sign!!!
    h2xmsbl
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited December 2011
    Cmnshtr wrote:
    I was featured for the first time today ever and to not be shown on the site makes me pretty upset that you even bothered to pick me.

I sign!!!

Oh noes, sorry to hear that - that doesn't seem right! Congrats on your feature nevertheless :D
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited December 2011
    Manssom wrote:

The thing is though that it's always been there. It was there before the other carousel was removed from the main page.
    So nothing has really moved, like you claimed :>

Well...it's off main page, so you have to, instead, goto community page to see the featured items.
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi all, thanks for your feedback on the homepage design. We definitely want our featured creators' content to be recommended and downloaded as much as possible.

We are currently looking into how featured members can be better spotlighted. In the meantime, please continue to create and share your awesome work – we are always on the lookout for new uploads to feature!

SimGuruHydra:
    Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know that you heard us and to post on this thread! Just hearing your comments already made me feel better.
    oow785m
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed and Ditto ^^^^
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited December 2011

thank you so much for awknowledging this thread, it means tons to creators that you have replied.
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2011

Thanks for taking the time to comment Hydra. I'm sure that now the Gurus know about how we all feel seomthing will get done soon.

--Wibble

And thanks guys for keeping this thread bumped while I was gone!
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited December 2011
    Well, I don't have much time to set up such an awesome thread, but anyone wants to take this idea and create it, I think it would be awesome :] Not only do you get those who have new items featured, but you can go back to later months and check out the oldies but goodies~

I'd totally support this! And thank you lovely Guru for listenin', that was kind of you to comment :]
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2011
    Well, I don't have much time to set up such an awesome thread, but anyone wants to take this idea and create it, I think it would be awesome :]

There could always be an original poster who would set up the thread, and then ask for volunteers to post their own work once it was featured. I imagine it being like a Featured Directory. I say that if nothing happens by the new year, we can set it up then, just as a "rounder" date than right now.

If we do set this thread up in the New Year, I volunteer to start it, but I would need some of you guys to help if you can :)

--Wibble :D
  • Options
    paogaepaogae Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited December 2011
    Many thanks to our Hydra for the answer! :D

... and Oil's idea is great! Would be wonderful to have that thread!

Thank you all! Bye!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oil's idea rocks :] I will gladly support a thread like that.

And thank you Hydra for the answer :D
  • Options
    Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
    edited December 2011
    Was just reading this thread and thought I log in to show my appreciation for Hydra too. I'm sure she has a ton of work keeping us all happy and making sure everything is running smoothly.

Thank you Hydra and Merry Christmas everyone.
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed, I support all in what you are saying, Thanks Hydra for commenting. I think a featured thread would be fantastic. :)
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited December 2011

It looks like the message has got through, I have not been featured for any of my homes, only for a re-colored bathing suit when TS3 first came out, but I suppose it would be an awful disappointment to have been featured, then have no-one even notice.

Edited to say thank you to the Guru that featured me, TODAY!! (Happy Dance) For "Blue House" I am Thrilled. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited December 2011
    Yeeey, SimguruHydra saw it ^^ I'm so glad to read it!