Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA: Our Featured Creators Deserve to be Recognised!

I was featured a few days ago and so far I have since found little joy in it. I have not yet been placed on the Featured Creators section of the homepage, and since being featured, my house has received one recommendation. Yes, only one recommendation.
I was featured previously when the Sims 3 actually took pride in their Creators and Players, I received over 4000 downloads and almost 90 recommendations for my build! I was overjoyed to be featured, but this time, I have only been annoyed...

Yes, I know that being featured in itself is a "reward" for your good work, but if you go to all this trouble to get EA to see your work, then doesn't it just seem wrong that they don't go to any more trouble to make sure other members of the Community see it? In my opinion, EA are placing too much emphasis on Store Content, and not enough ono their own PAYING CUSTOMERS, who expect to be recognised for their work.

If you, like me, would like our Featured Creators to get the recognition they get for their good work, and for EA to do something about it, then add your name to this thread. I know that EA very rarely take notice of these things, and that this will probably disappear eventually, but it's worth a shot isn't it?

--Wibble :D

Comments

• Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed.
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2011
    Exactly! I haven't been featured but it should be true!
  • Options
    dana33sgdana33sg Posts: 303 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed. I have never been featured but i have been told i am one of the best builders here. I have tons of recs and downloads but have yet to be featured once. Go figure.
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking this just the other day how they moved features so no one notices them. Part of the fun the game is to hopefully get a feature. If simmers can not see the features they will not download them and being featured means very little then. I say you have brought up a very good point here, they need to make the features more visible on the main page again.

Hey dana, feature is when the gurus see your work and like it, it has nothing to do with recs or downloads or your lots are liked by the community. One day, they will see something you have made and feature it hopefully.

• Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited December 2011
    I agree! I liked "the old system" better. Now you hardly notice any new features, or any features at all for that matter.
    I hope they will see this thread and do something about it :] Signed!
  • Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited December 2011
    Agreed!

This new website page set-up is awful! I want them to revert to the old set-up where featured artists got opportunities for their work to be seen.
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited December 2011
    I absolutly hate the new front page because of this!

I got my first featured lot last month and the lot doesn't even have a shooting star on it either! :cry:
  • Options
    masonjacksonmasonjackson Posts: 646 Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed! It seems they have a new feature everyday!
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree, the old set-up was so much better.

Signed!
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited December 2011
    That too Mason, my feature was last year, i have only had one and it was on the page for a little over a month and got a lot of downloads and recs because of that. Now there are SOOOO many and features that its hard to keep up with them. They def need to change things back.
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2011
    I just think with all of these features it doesn't feel that special to get one anymore...
    I'm sure though that for those of you who are waiting for a feature (and I'm sure you'll get them, BTW) you'll be very excited when you get it!

--Wibble
  • Options
    SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited December 2011
    Signed, I agree. when they changed the main page I wondered what the use of being featured was. A couple of times I have stumbled across a page where they showed the featured creators.
  • Options
    KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited December 2011
    Agreed!
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited December 2011
    yes i agree, was told i was feature when i got the badge message but never saw the item in the features list.this was only a couple of weeks ago.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited December 2011
    I was featured a few days ago and so far I have since found little joy in it. I have not yet been placed on the Featured Creators section of the homepage, and since being featured, my house has received one recommendation. Yes, only one recommendation.
    I was featured previously when the Sims 3 actually took pride in their Creators and Players, I received over 4000 downloads and almost 90 recommendations for my build! I was overjoyed to be featured, but this time, I have only been annoyed...

Yes, I know that being featured in itself is a "reward" for your good work, but if you go to all this trouble to get EA to see your work, then doesn't it just seem wrong that they don't go to any more trouble to make sure other members of the Community see it? In my opinion, EA are placing too much emphasis on Store Content, and not enough ono their own PAYING CUSTOMERS, who expect to be recognised for their work.

If you, like me, would like our Featured Creators to get the recognition they get for their good work, and for EA to do something about it, then add your name to this thread. I know that EA very rarely take notice of these things, and that this will probably disappear eventually, but it's worth a shot isn't it?

--Wibble :D

It has been moved to the "community" tab, and there it will probably stay.
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What has? There's always been a "random-carousel" on the community tab as far as I know.
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2011
    Manssom wrote:

What has? There's always been a "random-carousel" on the community tab as far as I know.

This ^^
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited December 2011
    Manssom wrote:

That's not a random carousel, is it? It says "Featured Member" and shows the item that was featured. BUT! I hate that carousel, because the featured item is in a tiny box on the lower left corner of that area. :roll:
  • Options
    jnsandyjnsandy Posts: 646 New Member
    edited December 2011
    put my name down :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mwjessica723: You're right, it shows featured items. But it also shows a new and randomly selected bunch of featured items every time you hit the community tab. And that's what I meant with "random" :P
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm always behind on congratulating those who are featured, because I rarely notice! Also when someone is, I never get to see their beautiful work in the featured section. :[ We could always make a thread here with a List of those who were featured month by month and a link to their lovely build? :]
    I think that would be really nice. And have it stickied so it stays on page 1 and everyone can take a look and give it the well deserved rec and downloads!
    Just a thought. :D
    But of course, signed!
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited December 2011
    Please add me to the list!

One of the proudest things used to be to see your featured creation right there on the main page. Having creations of mine featured made me so happy and excited that I told everyone I knew (even those to whom I had to explain what being featured even meant) AND put it as my Facebook status. It was a big deal.

They have now diminished the honor and the joy of it by not showcasing featured creations as they once did.

PLEASE EA, change it back to the way it was!

Oil: I really like your idea!
    oow785m
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited December 2011
    You should start such a thread like that, Oilbasedoleander. I think it'd be very popular and a good thread to sticky.