Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP!!! I lost my Sims 3 Serial number

Ok so let me tell you my entire story

So I got the Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition, and I installed it and I learned I have to have my game registered on here to get the Limited Edition Content.
Well, of course I lost my Serial code for my Sims 3 Base game. So, is there some sort of place on my computer that says what my serial code is for my game? I use a Mac btw, so don't give instructions for a Windows computer. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2011
    Of course??? I guess that's a disguised circumscription for "I'm running an illegal copy of the base game". :?
    Nice try but no one is so stupid to loose the serial number of an original game. :hunf:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    joeyrpgerjoeyrpger Posts: 112 New Member
    edited October 2011
    IIRC, EA will give out replacement serial numbers if you contact them and send them a proof of purchase, like a photo of the CD. I don't know if there's a small fee you have to pay for the replacement though, I don't recall there being one.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2011
    joeyrpger wrote:
    ...like a photo of the CD.
    Such a photo is no proof. It could be the DVD of a friend or even been taken from somewhere on the internet. :?
    but a copy of a sales slip could do.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited October 2011
    Snagged this information from another website, hope it helps you! Either way, definitely contact EA first though.
    I need to reload my Sims3 game but can’t find the original box with the serial number? What do I do?

It drives me crazy when product keys are on the box rather than on the jewel case, or better yet, the CD. After all, how many of us keep old software boxes lying around the house? Plus, half the time, the boxes get mangled because of over aggressive packaging. But, enough venting. Let’s see if we can figure out how you can reinstall Sims3 and reactivate it.

Retrieving Sims3 Serial Numbers via The Sims3 Web site.

If you registered your copy of The Sims3 at the The Sims3 Web site, then you may be able to recover your serial number there.

Contacting Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts has two mechanisms in place for replacing illegible or lost serial numbers. If the serial number is illegible and you purchased the game in the last 90 days, the replacement will be free. You must submit the page from the manual or the jewel case insert containing the illegible serial number to Electronic Arts before you will receive your new serial number. Since this doesn’t apply to you, let’s take a look at EA’s policy for lost serial numbers.

Unfortunately, this option is going to cost you $10 USD. You will need to submit a check made out to Electronic Arts, proof of purchase, and explanation, and your name, address, and phone number to:

Electronic Arts Warranty Department

9001 N I-35 Suite 110

Austin, TX 78753

Now, what does Electronic Arts consider “proof of purchase”? If you have the user’s manual, the proof of purchase is located there. If you do not have it, then Electronic Arts will accept a photo or a photocopy of the Sims3 game disc.
  • Options
    KristyyyyyKristyyyyy Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I had made an email on here before with a email and password and I can't remember my password. Now when I created a new one and reused my Serial Number it won't let me download anything because it says my Serial Number is already in use. Is there anyway I can get them to resend my old email adress and password I used so I can start downloading stuff again or do I have to buy a whole new Sims 3 disk for another Serial Number? :/
  • Options
    animeladanimelad Posts: 33 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I have did that myself too [with anoughter game].

What I did with the sims discs is bought some jewel cases and a box of avery labels, and printed off labels with the name of the game and the actovation number on them, so now I don't have to keep up with the box or the paper with the code on it.
  • Options
    Asheck6Asheck6 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Ok so let me tell you my entire story

So I got the Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition, and I installed it and I learned I have to have my game registered on here to get the Limited Edition Content.
    Well, of course I lost my Serial code for my Sims 3 Base game. So, is there some sort of place on my computer that says what my serial code is for my game? I use a Mac btw, so don't give instructions for a Windows computer. Thanks!
    :!:
  • Options
    CheripieCheripie Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Of course??? I guess that's a disguised circumscription for "I'm running an illegal copy of the base game". :?
    Nice try but no one is so stupid to loose the serial number of an original game. :hunf:

I think that's a little mean.

I've lost my case for my game as i'm moving out of my house and my dad is basically chucking everything in the skip. I have the CD sitting in front of me now, ready to install on my new laptop, which doesn't have a disc drive.

I'm about to call EA and send them a photo of me holding the CD, and give them my Origin details to show that I have PURCHASED every single expansion pack LEGALLY on Origin.

I've called EA before when I lost the disc for Late Night, and they didn't even ask me for any photo proof and just gave me a code to download the game from origin instead.

But I guess NOBODY is stupid enough to actually lose their game case or CD.
    "of course".

Don't be so rude next time, some people legit lose things, or things get thrown out accidentally, or discs get broken.

Judgemental much?
  • Options
    ghfkghfk Posts: 152 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've lost many of mine in the past. Sorry, I'm not much help. I'm too lazy to find my own at the moment, so I wish you the best of luck. xD
  • Options
    laurenxrlaurenxr Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I can't find an e-mail for them. I lost my registration code for my base game, since I've had it since it first came out in 2009. Does anybody know how to e-mail them?
  • Options
    angelwingedangelwinged Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    There is a program called Belarc Advisor. It will scan your computer and give show you the serial numbers/registration codes associated with each program. Good luck. :)
  • Options
    SimsAGcupcakeSimsAGcupcake Posts: 6
    edited April 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:

Um excuse me?! I installed the Sims 3 base, and since I figured I didn't need the manual anymore I forgot about it. I got World Adventures and Supernatural later, so I didn't even need the base disc! Then my laptop crashed and now I need to re-install it but I don't have the code. So yea, some people can be as stupid as to lose the code for the base game :D
  • Options
    LOULIGHTFOOT1976LOULIGHTFOOT1976 Posts: 160 Member
    any chance finding another code 4 the sims 3 limited edition mine's bin used when I bought from ebay I've the game but can't play it coz of the code can any 1 help please
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited April 2018
    any chance finding another code 4 the sims 3 limited edition mine's bin used when I bought from ebay I've the game but can't play it coz of the code can any 1 help please

@LOULIGHTFOOT1976, you might have re-buy the game but from Origin this time as E-bay is not an authorized dealer.

Edit to add this link that explains why some people who've brought games from Ebay can't play their game as Ebay is NOT an authorized seller.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918307/anyone-here-have-part-of-their-game-deleted-from-origin/p1

When buying from a seller on Ebay, you're gambling with your money as you will never know if you're getting a legit copy of the game from someone who had brought it from Origin or any authorized sellers.

And here is a link to trusted sellers of the game. And Ebay is NOT on this list.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#trusted

Trusted retailers
    Worldwide
    Ubisoft
    Valve/Steam

Asia
    Amazon Japan

Europe
    Amazon France
    Amazon Germany
    Amazon UK
    Game UK
    GameStop EU

North America
    Amazon
    Best Buy
    GameStop
    Target
    Toys R Us
    Walmart
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there everyone!

I'm closing this thread from further posts as the discussion started about 7(!! how time flies) years ago and the last post was in 2014. :smile:

If you still are looking for assistance please try to start a new thread or join a recently active discussion over posting in a thread that hasn't been active in several years, thanks!
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top