Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

small pets like the bird and snakes

if I want to get one of my sims a snake... can I buy it from the pet store or do I have to find one in the wild or adopt?
tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg

Comments

• Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    edited October 2011
    You have to have a dog or cat (I think) with the hunting skill to look for a small animal :)
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    JesusFreak96JesusFreak96 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited October 2011
    When you buy a pet terrarium (snake, turtle, bird, ect.), the game gives you to buy a couple different breeds of the animal. The animals are just really common. If you want something rarer you have to find it in the wild. I don't think you can adopt minor pets from the adoption agency or anything.
    Hope I helped (:

(in Buy Mode, you can find the terrariums/bird cages under Pet Essentials, shown as a little pawprint when searching by category)
  • Options
    cookiemonster88cookiemonster88 Posts: 605 Member
    edited October 2011
    i wanted to know this. so you can click on the terranium and be able to buy the common breeds of every animal? or which animals in particular?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2011
    Good question and one i do not know. I have seen the small creatures in the Pet shop when I sent my sim there - I did have him click on a couple of terrariums - but I don't recall seeing a buy option - but being me I may have overlooked one if there was one. I did see stock on an empty cage, so I clicked it and my sim put a lizard in the cage and got charged 15 simoleons as he did not have any creatures in his inventory. I saw things like "watch, take out, play with, feed, pet" but do not believe buy was among those. I am just not sure. As right after i had him feed all the creatures i saw, I sent him to the clerk to check the new exclusive items only in the pet store. I like the fancy bed - would look cool for a rich sims fancy poodle for sure - but would look funny for my sims pit bull. hehehe The dog would disown him. hehehe

No but seriously i do not know, I need to pay more attention as I was not planning on my sim buying any creatures at the time. I know my reply was useless. But still a good question on your part.

I do believe though I read in a preveiw that pets could not be purchased via the shop, but I also did think you could get birds there, so now I don't know as the game classifies the collectibles as something different than the dogs, cats, and horses.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BrandeeBereavementBrandeeBereavement Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2011
    I managed to have the option "take" with one of the birds at the pet shop. And so I got the bird for free from there. xD
  • Options
    Mike_BannaMike_Banna Posts: 413 New Member
    edited October 2011
    You should go out and find a fancy chinchilla.
  • Options
    JunoBeachJunoBeach Posts: 77 Member
    edited December 2011
    My Sim's lifetime wish is to find 20 wild animals. I'm having a really hard time finding any besides a finch and a pygmy komodo dragon. Does anybody know the best places (I'm in Bridgeport) to look for turtles, snakes and rodents?
  • Options
    kiwibaby4kiwibaby4 Posts: 1,936
    edited December 2011
    You don't buy the animals at the pet shop, just snatch them.
    For me, there was a 'take' option and they just went into my inventory.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited December 2011
    If you get your sim the collector reward object, it will show you where these animals are. Speeds up collecting greatly.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    JRon7667JRon7667 Posts: 234 Member
    edited December 2011
    Does no one think to explore or experiment with things anymore? My first thought would have been, "Let me buy one of the cages and see what happens when I click on it..." or "Let's see what happens when my Sims goes for a walk and sees a snake..."

If nothing else, try the In-game lessons that came with the expansions!
  • Options
    JunoBeachJunoBeach Posts: 77 Member
    edited December 2011
    Mylita wrote:
    If you get your sim the collector reward object, it will show you where these animals are. Speeds up collecting greatly.

Mylita
    this is what I hoped. As soon as she has enough points I'll get that.
    So far I've found 5 animals scattered around.