Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Contest Over - Thanks for All the Stories!

The winners were chosen; congratulations to Strawberry275 and BadSeagull :)
Thank you for taking part!
Hello!

I finally, finally got my Pets game today and it's put me in such a good mood I'm going to hold a contest and the two winners will get whatever they want that amounts up to 50 SimPoints each :)

The idea of the contest is simple. Tell me the funniest/oddest thing that has ever happened in your game. It doesn't have to be just The Sims 3 either you can go to Sims 1 and 2 if you want.

I will choose a winner at random so it's all fair.

Please also link to what you would like in your post. The contest ends at 6:00pm GMT.

Good luck!

*Goes off to play Pets*
'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
- Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'

Comments

• Options
    becciburtbecciburt Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited October 2011
    my current sims cousin married their parents uncle! Thats just odd lol
  • Options
    nightraven262nightraven262 Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    my sim's husband walked in when she was making out with her boss at a party. opps
  • Options
    EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited October 2011
    Bump
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • Options
    Sarah3120Sarah3120 Posts: 4,318 New Member
    edited October 2011
    In Hidden Springs the lot, on which the Bistro stands, has got the same name as my house (both Wacholderweg 8 )! :shock:
  • Options
    LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi EniracY, I don't want to be entered into the contest but wanted to share this story. This story relates to The Sims Makin' Magic. :wink:

I had the bright idea of keeping lots of red dragons as pets, I think I had 6 or 7 of them. For the first few sim weeks things were pretty uneventful. Then one day a fire broke out, the fireman came and put it out and as I was cleaning up the mess another fire broke out but this time I was in for trouble. Lol. I tried helping the fireman put out the fire but more fires started as the dragons kept starting them. I didn't want to get rid of the dragons but after around 12 sim hours of doing nothing but help the firman put out fires I faced the fact it was not wise to keep so many red ones. By the time I had said goodbye to the last one the fire was real bad - it took the fireman and my sim three whole sim days to put the fire out and my lot was burnt to the ground. :shock:

I never had a red dragon again. lol.

Hope you enjoy pets I'm off now to install it too. :D
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi! Hope you are enjoying pets!
    This is probably the funniest thing I've seen in my game lately. I was laughing because even though his hand was through the plate he just continued to eat away! :lol:

Screenshot-374.jpg

If my post is picked would you please gift player17amanda for me?
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=player17amanda
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited October 2011
    The most weirdest thing that happened was a piece of weddingcake that was eaten by something invisible. The fork just moved by itself. It was odd and funny to watch.

I like to think it was the ghost of the bride´s mom who was there in spirit ^^
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had a sim that for every major life event. (her birth, birthdays and some of her childrens birthdays...not her wedding, but that was not a party just a qucik privat 1) had the Grim as an uninvited guest.... not allways to pick some one up, he only did that about half the time.....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi! :)

The most funniest thing what happened with me while playing:

Long time ago I created Dean Cain as Clark Kent, and put him somewhere in my town.
    I played with my favourite simgirl, who visited her neighbour, and wanted to be friends with her, so I started to choose different options - when I choosed gossip, she told her something like this (don't know the original text in English)
    'Did you know that Clark Kent is from another planet, and lives with us as an alien?'
    lol - I hardly believed my eyes :D

I wanted to make a screenshot, but unfortunately the game didn't saved the text, just the pure picture.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Great stories everyone!

Keep them coming :) bumpetty.
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• Options
    Mom2EliasMom2Elias Posts: 2,021
    edited October 2011
    imoger wrote:
    Hi! :)

The most funniest thing what happened with me while playing:

Long time ago I created Dean Cain as Clark Kent, and put him somewhere in my town.
    I played with my favourite simgirl, who visited her neighbour, and wanted to be friends with her, so I started to choose different options - when I choosed gossip, she told her something like this (don't know the original text in English)
    'Did you know that Clark Kent is from another planet, and lives with us as an alien?'
    lol - I hardly believed my eyes :D

I wanted to make a screenshot, but unfortunately the game didn't saved the text, just the pure picture.

HA! How funny! Some of these are really great!

Nice contest, EniracY! If I think of something, I'll jump in.
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I posted this in another thread, but since you are playing pets, this is the weirdest thing that has happened since I installed my copy (other than the fact that I can't play my game for more than 30 minutes before it freezes.. :? )

aaknfc.jpg

If I win, I would like to donate my prize to: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=sheri19a
  • Options
    BadSeagullBadSeagull Posts: 282 Member
    edited October 2011
    In the middle of my avi's wedding, literally in the 'standing under the arch, just been given the ring' middle, her mobile phone rang, and she tried to answer it. I managed, despite being almost incapacitated with laughter, to cancel it before she actually started chatting, but the poor groom was just stood there like a lemon waiting to kiss her. (The whole event was doomed to glitch induced failure, but that's another story. It wasn't a good omen though :) I am deeply peeved I didn't get a picture.)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That is one scary cat Jurik1124.

I've extended the competition to ... 6pm GMT just because I'm enjoying everyone's stories :lol:

PS: Pets is so cool! :mrgreen:
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• Options
    Strawberry275Strawberry275 Posts: 7,774
    edited October 2011
    This is one of my my absolute favourite moments in the sims 3

screenshot_original.jpg
    After installing generations I was playing around with the new features when I noticed they could woo-hoo in showers. After trying it out, only the female sim put her clothes back on! I actually made the guy go to a park to see if it would force him back into his clothes but it didn't. He sort of scared the children...
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited October 2011
    This happened it sims 2
    I hade 8 adults all living together on one house. I made one sim order pizza and when the pizza came all 8 of them went to answer the door even the ones that were in bed. They all got stuck on the front porch walking back and forth and up and down the stairs. Finally the pizza deliverer went to the back door . They all had it in their queue to get the pizza and followed him. The same thing happened again. Finally the pizza deliverer went back to the front door and left it on the sidewalk.
    All the sims followed him except one that decided he would cook something because he was starving , I didn't notice it at first.
    Next thing I know there's a fire and all the sims are doing the fire dance . The pizza is untouched.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Sabrina1515Sabrina1515 Posts: 2,675
    edited October 2011
    The weirdest thing that happened to me would have to be in The Sims 3 when I had these 2 sims. They were boyfriend and girlfriend and out of nowhere she got pregnant. I hadnt made them try for a baby. I wait until she has the baby. After its born I had went to the relationships for it cause I always make it have a good relationship with its parents. But when I did that it said that this weird looking old man was her father! I had never even made the lady talk to the guy so I was like "What the heck!!!???" It was so weird :shock:
  • Options
    luna181618luna181618 Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have never Sims 3, it was not the case. I live with myself. I, my ex-husband, my father, my mother and my son in the game still a toddler. One day my mother sent to the store. I did not see that she took the hands of my son. She went to the store with all children. And bought a rabbit hole of need. Then came out of the store and put the toddler into the ground. I told him to go home. I think that she will understand that the child be taken up. But she got into a taxi and went home. My toddler crawled half a day from the city center to the home. :D
  • Options
    BabyDaisyBabyDaisy Posts: 846 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Often, the butlers in-game are helpful and do a variety of cooking along with tidying up after my Sims however one particular one that my Thornton and Jamie Wolff employed was particularly troublesome!

During the first few days that she was working, Jamie was pregnant with her second child, and the butler was acting normally, cooking lobster thermidor for dinner and eggs machiavellian for breakfast, however, there was a point in the day where she (the butler) had no chores to do. Previous butlers have sat on their bed and read. But not this one, she proceeded to make the family a Key Lime Pie, which I was fine with but all she made for the rest of her time at the house was Key Lime Pie! Which I was tired of but I let her stay for a few days longer.
    By then Joe, Jamie and Thornton's son was born and the troubles just got worse. If she wasn't baking key lime pie, she was just taking the baby out of the crib and taking it elsewhere! Grrr!
    So I fired her (or rather Jamie did) and hired another butler, who didn't try to steal my baby. But one day, Thornton tried to make the family breakfast but when the time came for him to do so, he couldn't get to/ use the oven! It turns out that ms. silly butler was now invisible and carrying on as my butler, I haven't been able to get rid of her since!

BabyDaisy
  • Options
    DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited October 2011
    In sims 2, i had a lot of vampires in my game...

So i invited them for a party! But i, being quite young, didn't realize that vampires shouldn't be in the sun!

So, i sent one vampire inside to get something to eat, and while she was gone, every single sim (vampire) at the party died.

Imagine if you walk out, and see all your friends and family in a dust pile?!

And of course, to make matters worse, the last living sim on that lot died too, leaving me staring at my game (With tears in my eyes, may i add- i was really young!) and watching the grim reaper go around to every sim (at least 12), and pronounce them dead or whatever he does!

Let's just say, it put a damper on things... :wink:

:lol::mrgreen::lol:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Ahh sorry for the delay!

It came to six and I was still playing past that, realised the time, realised I was starving, realised I had to be somewhere and then after all that remembered the forums :oops: sorry.

All of your stories are great! I must say I wish I had seen a screenshot of some of the stories you've told me. Especially the dragon story :)

This was completely at random, so the winners are:
    Strawberry275 and BadSeagull

Congratulations!
    Please post what you would like :)

Thank you to everyone else for taking part :)
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2011
    It was fun...
    thank you for hosting...

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    BadSeagullBadSeagull Posts: 282 Member
    edited October 2011
    That was fun, some good stories and I needed a laugh :)
    Thanks for hosting EniracY, please may I have the shark and candle from the top of my wishlist. Thank-you!
  • Options
    Strawberry275Strawberry275 Posts: 7,774
    edited October 2011
    This actually was really fun, some of the stories made me laugh a lot :lol: Just anything from my wishlist would be great thanks :D
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited October 2011
    I know the contest was over, but I was working the other hours of the day and really want to share this story...

when I was playing TS2, i noticed i had a TON of NPC's and that they were annoying. Especially the ones that wandered into your house (locked gates and all...) and start causing trouble.
    So I decided to put the Tombstone of life and death to good use.
    and I got rid of at least 200 NPC's. even though more populated every time I got rid of one, I kept trying...

imagine my shock and horror when I go to the library in TS3 and there's a book, "Murder in Pleasantview" ... how did they know?

and btw, i really enjoyed this thread and the stories!!