The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the offical sims 3 pets crashing thread

Comments

• Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have Supernatural. I downloaded the new Patch, 1.39, when my game prompted me to the other day. Ever since the new patch, my game has crashed twice to the desktop while I was playing. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I usually don't get many bugs with Sims 3 on my computer. Luckily I was able to save the house and sims I was working on before the crashes.

I checked, and my computer doesn't need to be Defragmented. I scanned for Spyware the other day and got my usual amount. No viruses showed up in a Virus scan. I don't use any mods, and I've only bought items from the official Sims 3 Store on this website.

Here is a summary of my system specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
  • Options
    Legacy13Legacy13 Posts: 43
    edited October 2012
    Ever since the new 1.39 patch my game crashes after about 15-20 mins. please fix this. :(
  • Options
    KJerome09KJerome09 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I find it really unbelievable that EA is doing this to people. With the Pets game, it's either you buy a new computer or you don't play! Everyone doesn't have money for new comuters. EA should fix this problem.

My game isn't crashing, but it was on my old laptop, and it is still cheesing me off that I had to buy a new computer or don't play a game I paid 50 bucks for. (I did need a new computer though but that's besides the point)

YES! THANK YOU!.... its very frustrating to know you paid all this money to play and you cant =/.. ever since i put in pet and downloaded the update, i cant play for more then 10min. I never had a problem with Sims 2, EVER.....They need to fix this ASAP
  • Options
    sidlamirsidlamir Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2012
    Will you, EA, please get this post patch 1.39, crashing problem sorted out. I can't play or build. This has been well over a week now, get it fixed or people will leave and never come back. I have cancelled my order for Seasons until this issue is resolved.
    I have played Sims from the very beginning and never have I been so frustrated as I am right now.
  • Options
    MyyybestfriendMyyybestfriend Posts: 1,404 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi, my game has been running great since I downloaded the patch 1.42 yesterday. It has crashed twice today although and I'm unsure why. I have no CC currently and I deleted all of my MODs until updated so I only have game items.

My computer specs are:
    Dell Inspiration 620
    Inel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    9 GB RAM
    450 GB memory on my C drive
    Nvidia GTX 460 graphics card

Just recently updated my graphics card drivers
    again no MODs or CC, deleted all of them until updated.
  • Options
    bella2hip7227bella2hip7227 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Im gonna look at the instructions to see in there is any way to fix it
  • Options
    msarbezmsarbez Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2012
    Count me in with those having the crashes ever since the 1.42 patch.

For me, whenever I load my game, as soon as I actually start playing (any speed from 1-3), I'll experience lag (where the Sims will freeze, yet trees will blow, flags will float, fountains will move) several times, and then at the final lag, after about 5 minutes, my game will crash to the desktop.

I have a lot of CC and some mods, which I removed, yet I'm having the same issue, no matter which world I play in.

I took the time to run Task Manager to monitor anything odd, and I noticed that when I experience that final lag, pre-crash, that the game starts chomping away at memory, and at the point of crashing, it's somewhere around 2.1GB. I have no clue what is causing this, but it was working just fine before the patch. Grrr!
  • Options
    CristalXCristalX Posts: 286 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi.
    I can't play anymore.After the patch of course.
    I click on the play button and nothing.It just disappears.No error or anything.
    I tried the cache files,rename the folder.Nothing.
    I went back before the patch and it was playable.I installed again,the same.
    No CC or mods.

Can anyone tell me what I can I do to play my game?
  • Options
    cyberlucy1965cyberlucy1965 Posts: 397 Member
    edited November 2012
    Problem solved. No I have to deal with gameplay issues.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited November 2012
    Since Patch 1.42 I have been experiencing a ton of crashes - on average 2 a session - as well as Error Code 12 (which I have never had before). I used to have my game crash once or twice a month. Patch 1.42 has my game crashing twice a day.

I have a MacBook, 4 GB of RAM, more than sufficeint processor and video card. I thought I might post here since none of the gurus seem to check the Mac forum...
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    YAMMM7YAMMM7 Posts: 258
    edited November 2012
    Same with me, LadyLaFleur. I have an Imac that exceeds requirements, no cc or mods, and I have never had an Error 12. When I tried to save and quit, a message said I was unable to do so. So, I tried to go to main menu and then quit, but thats when the error came up. Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    YelnaYelna Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks (again) to EA : I can't play anymore since the last update :evil:

My game is opening normaly, but crashes after a few minutes :? I uninstalled/re-installed everything, tried to start a new game but it doesn't work better.

Many hours lost for nothing :thumbdown:
  • Options
    arulexaarulexa Posts: 18
    edited November 2012
    the last patch sucks. i cant even get into the intro. it just freezes and becomes unresponsive! i cant even install downloads on the launcher without it crashing!
  • Options
    emms10emms10 Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Hi All, please help!!!!!!

I recently had problems updating to 1.42update,tried to download 'superpatcher' and my pc didnt like it, so uninstalled EVERYTHING,deleted all from my registry.

Then re-installed base game, whilst updating to 1.42 i get an error message of CRC error, i have experienced this error before and have had many long coversations and various emails with EA with reference to this error, but nothing solved!!

If i bypass this error (i.e ignore) it updates, then when i open the launcher to play the game,it starts up fine, but when choosing a place to start a game (i.e sunset valley...etc) it starts,then i get a 'the sims has stopped working' window, and it closes....

S oagain,uninstalled everything,and just installed the base game...BUT STILL GET A CRC ERROR whilst trying to update to 1.42!!!

I have no idea why i keep getting this error whilst doing any type of update, can anyone else help?

I am working on Windows 7.

Thank You
  • Options
    TorriB71TorriB71 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Since the last patch, my game just keeps randomly freezing. I deleted all my old saved games, started a new one & it's still happening. I Have tried everything suggested other then uninstalling all my games & re installing, I will only do this as a last resort if the launch of Seasons doesn't iron these problems out.
  • Options
    TVDamonSTVDamonS Posts: 55
    edited November 2012
    My game crashes each time I am in the Buy/Sell/Build modes for longer then 30 seconds... I wouldn't know how to check my system info, but we freshly built out system from scratch 1yr ago, and added all of the lastest software, so I am sure it cannot be out of date??

On top of that, my game does just randomly crash after about 10 minutes of gameplay? It gets pretty annoying, as I try to save as much as possible, but it seems to always catch me off guard :/
  • Options
    SimlishaSimlisha Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2012
    Same problem as most here. I hadn't played sims since Supernatural first came out, so I just updated to the latest patch when I bought and installed Seasons, and now it crashes as soon as I get into the game.
  • Options
    HarleyJeanHarleyJean Posts: 34 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ever since installing the latest patch and Seasons, my game freezing on the opening "EA" graphic. No matter what I do, I can't get the game to play without freezing at the exact same spot each and every time.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? N/A
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? Never used them
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? Seasons and the Patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 16.0.136.019017
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Can't get into the game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? N/A
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? N/A
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download

What am I supposed to do? Help!
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited November 2012
    YAMMM7 wrote:
    Same with me, LadyLaFleur. I have an Imac that exceeds requirements, no cc or mods, and I have never had an Error 12. When I tried to save and quit, a message said I was unable to do so. So, I tried to go to main menu and then quit, but thats when the error came up. Thanks for any help!

I guess I'm glad it's not just me. :( I uninstalled Pets which seems to help but now with Seasons, I got one error accompanied by the crash and then about 30 minutes before the 2nd crash. :(
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    NyNy1116NyNy1116 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I have a MacBook Pro all of my software is up to date. My game has been crashing ever since I installed pets. It wouId allow me to play for some time before kicking me out. I just got seasons & I can't get past creating a household before I'm kicked out again!!!!!!! :evil: I have all the latest game updates & i'm not using any custom content but it's not helping. Please fix & help!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MyLifesSimpleteMyLifesSimplete Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My game isn't "crashing", it's more freezing every few minutes (or seconds) and then unfreezing and running normally for any amount of time (it becomes more frequent the longer I play, until it's freezing every ten seconds or so.) I know my system is compatible, and almost everything is new/updated. I have every expansion, most of the stuff packs, and the last patch.
  • Options
    WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've got an iMac and since the last update, I'm crashing on play. I can work on lots for a long time, but play triggers the crashes.
    Also getting an error 12, at times.
    No mods being used.
    Don't know what will happen with Seasons, as I'm still waiting for it to arrive at my door (since you don't have direct downloads for us Mac users).
    I was having NO problems before the last update.
    If I have to uninstall and reinstall, it will be the 6th time!
  • Options
    WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2012
    Two other things. I've used CAH shortly before most of the crashes, and after using it the last time, my sim couldn't use the telescope (kept getting transported somewhere else)...then it crashed.
  • Options
    thesims204thesims204 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Everytime I try to go to the Summer Festival my game pretty much instantly crashes. I'm not using any mods and the only CC im using is a house which is all base game stuff.
    I've tried twice, no matter what I do it crashes :/
  • Options
    MetalMiztressMetalMiztress Posts: 9 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Ive just played seasons for the first time and it ran for about 2 hours no worries. I went to save my game as I know how important it is, and BAM its crashes, closes down to desktop and I get the usual error message from Windows.

My PC is up to all standards to run the game, and I do NOT use mods or CC.