Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paws & Whiskers Costumes Set

Comments

• Options
    RachelChereeRachelCheree Posts: 61 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Seraphic, I have heard that too though... go look on the origin website and it says "If you preorder the digital download FROM Origin, you will get a free stuff pack AND costume downloads!"

Not sure where you saw that you get the costumes with the physical copy, because if so, I will hunt down the dang physical copy as I want as much bonus as I can, but I prefer hard copies but the hard copies of limited are 1) Hard to come by in the UK and 2) We don't get a copy here either it's only digital.

So if you do have evidence that we're supposed to get the costumes, not JUST the pet shop, with the physical hard copy of The Limited Edition, please let me know :lol:

Edit: Found this http://www.ea.com/news/order-the-sims-3-pets-on-origin-for-exclusive-animal-costumes
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm confused...
    So with the physical copy are we or are we not suppose to get the costumes?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2011
    Q: What is included with The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition?
    A: The Limited Edition comes with...
    • "Graham's Pet Swap Shop" - a pre-built Pet Store lot that you can place in any Sims 3 world.
    • A cash register that enables you to set a community lot in your world to the Pet Store venue type, allowing you to build your own Pet Stores.
    • Ten bonus objects to enhance your pets lives. This includes a palm tree scratching post, a luxurious pet bed with a canopy, a new outdoor pet house, additional horse race training equipment, an adorably over-sized turtle shell for cats to hide inside, paw print windows and doors to build your home with, and more!
    This is what SimGuruSemedi said in the thread stickied at the top of the Pets forum. I have the pet store and I have the pet bed, but where are the ten bonus objects? I've been asking this question in various threads all day today and have yet to get a response. Does anybody know?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    ajamewmewajamewmew Posts: 24 Member
    edited October 2011
    Seraphic, I'm in the same boat as you. There's plenty more, I'm sure, who just aren't posting about it.
  • Options
    LambkinLambkin Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2011
    If you preordered from Origin, you will recieve a separate code via email at the email address attached to your account.[/quote
  • Options
    Ellie1986Ellie1986 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I haven't received any sort of email regarding the costumes either. Hopefully they will be accessible by Halloween :roll:
  • Options
    keycat04keycat04 Posts: 115
    edited October 2011
    oh great now I'm worried I won't get the ten items either :(.

Maybe they are late on the e-mails? *shrugs* I dunno, has anyone contacted Origin?
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited October 2011
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    • "Graham's Pet Swap Shop" - a pre-built Pet Store lot that you can place in any Sims 3 world.
    • A cash register that enables you to set a community lot in your world to the Pet Store venue type, allowing you to build your own Pet Stores.
    • Ten bonus objects to enhance your pets lives. This includes a palm tree scratching post, a luxurious pet bed with a canopy, a new outdoor pet house, additional horse race training equipment, an adorably over-sized turtle shell for cats to hide inside, paw print windows and doors to build your home with, and more!
    This is what SimGuruSemedi said in the thread stickied at the top of the Pets forum. I have the pet store and I have the pet bed, but where are the ten bonus objects? I've been asking this question in various threads all day today and have yet to get a response. Does anybody know?

Hey there Nik.

You can't buy the ten objects from the normal catalog in buy mode... you have to go to the Pet Store after placing it in your world and purchase it from the register :)
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Hey there Nik.

You can't buy the ten objects from the normal catalog in buy mode... you have to go to the Pet Store after placing it in your world and purchase it from the register :)

these things are also located in buydebug
  • Options
    LatteWonderLatteWonder Posts: 41
    edited October 2011
    @Lady_chelley: I know right a lot of people buy PC inside of the console we should have all those pets too! I especially want the panda
  • Options
    SikSouthernTinkSikSouthernTink Posts: 1,683 New Member
    edited October 2011
    "If you preordered from Origin, you will recieve a separate code via email at the email address attached to your account."

I did pre-order, and I got the email about the DL for the game being ready but not the pet store or the Costumes? weird...

(I have the pets store)
  • Options
    SeraphicSeraphic Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2011
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Hey there Nik.

Hello SimGuruSemedi,

Can you please clear something up for us. I pre-ordered as well as a lot of other people have on here. Yet we didnt get an email yet, will we ever get an email? If we bought the physical Version are we supposed to get this set, or is it strictly for the downloaded version? I have the free SP, The pet Store, and the Atomic Age-themed pet items. I just want to make sure I don't miss out on any new exclusive items since I rarely pre-orde. :?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hey there Nik.

Thank you very much, SimGuruSemedi! I appreciate the clarification. There is so much confusion on the forums as to the whereabouts of these items. I'll have to send a Sim to the Pet Store to buy them. Whenever I think to do so, the store is empty (no cashier). Thanks again for your reply!
  • Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited October 2011
    i have the pet store all i need is the costume i have the costume code..i just have no idea where to enter it in...I think emails of purchase should come with this information. I am an olderperson I am use to stuff all being together. This new modern world of searching out information for yourself is just such an annoying time waster in my opnion.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited October 2011
    I got the email with the outfit code yesterday evening, a good 12 hours after the email to download the game. I pre-ordered the digital version from Origin and had forgotten all about the costumes until the email dropped into my inbox.
  • Options
    RickychengRickycheng Posts: 609 Member
    edited October 2011
    svlyn wrote:
    i have the pet store all i need is the costume i have the costume code..i just have no idea where to enter it in...I think emails of purchase should come with this information. I am an olderperson I am use to stuff all being together. This new modern world of searching out information for yourself is just such an annoying time waster in my opnion.
    In this site
    The Store->My account-> redeem a code :wink:
    I got the email with the outfit code yesterday evening, a good 12 hours after the email to download the game. I pre-ordered the digital version from Origin and had forgotten all about the costumes until the email dropped into my inbox.
    I got it about 12 hours after I can download the game too :)
  • Options
    JenCJenC Posts: 13 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I DID get the email for the costumes, and when I put the code in to redeem it prompted me to log in, so I did, and it took me back to the code page.. I put it in again and it tells me it's invalid.. It didn't show up in my history page, and the code will not work... Keeps saying invalid code.. I have tried with and without dashes, copy and paste as well as typing straight out.. Any ideas?
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited October 2011
    I finally got the email with the code today. I downloaded and installed. :)

They will make cute halloween outfits!
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    edited October 2011
    I ordered the physical copy of The Sims 3 Pets, used the code on the back of the registration manual to register the game online, I got the pet store from My Purchase History (did not have to use the code on the red paper inside the the sims 3 pets limited edition) to get it. Then I was emailed earlier today by Origin with the special code to redeem the paws and whiskers costumes and the code worked.
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I preordered my physical disc from Origin which I received on Tuesday. I got the email with the costume code on Saturday and was told to enter it here: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/OriginPetsRedeem. I did and it worked. Sorry for those who can't get theirs. :(
  • Options
    dustydog4dustydog4 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Jase wrote:
    I preordered from Origin (who told me my game was on backorder, but it arrived after all) and I only see a code for the pet store which automatically showed up in my purchase history. How do I get my code for the costumes they promised me too? I never got any email confirming anything or giving me a code.

I received an email with a code to get the paw and whiskers costumes on the 20th at 12:45 AM. I've been trying for a few days to download costumes, Then I noticed the code expires on the 18th (it says in the body of the email.) I clicked the link in the email and tried to put in the code but it says 404 error. Guess it doesn't work because it's expired.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Check the date. My code said it would expire on 10/18/2012. That's a year away from now. My purchase history in the EA Store gave me the Atomic-Age Pet Bed and Graham's Pet Swap but no costumes. I got the email today and I finally got the costumes.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited October 2011
    Seraphic wrote:
    Hello SimGuruSemedi,

Can you please clear something up for us. I pre-ordered as well as a lot of other people have on here. Yet we didnt get an email yet, will we ever get an email? If we bought the physical Version are we supposed to get this set, or is it strictly for the downloaded version? I have the free SP, The pet Store, and the Atomic Age-themed pet items. I just want to make sure I don't miss out on any new exclusive items since I rarely pre-orde. :?

Hiya Seraphic.

Origin should have sent out emails to everyone with codes to redeem for the Paws & Whiskers Costume Set by now. Please check the email account tied to your Origin account, and be sure to check your Spam folder as well (always a chance emails get filtered there).

If you haven't yet received an email, you'll need to chat with Origin customer support. They should be able to see your order and verify that you're eligible for this content. Everyone who purchases from Origin, either the Digital Download or a retail copy on a disc, is eligible for this content.

Once you receive a code, please enter the code at http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/OriginPetsRedeem Once the code is accepted, you'll find the costume set available for download in your Store Account's purchase history.
  • Options
    amberwavesamberwaves Posts: 2,268 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I received the e-mail on the 20th with my code. I tried every day for four days and the page kept telling me it was invalid. I contacted customer support today and got a new code. The page is telling me the new code is also invalid.. :?
  • Options
    PhaydranePhaydrane Posts: 12 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I called customer support to get my code. Got the email and when I enter it says invalid code ><