Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Springs DL'd & Installed - but not playable!

I've purchased, downloaded and installed Hidden Springs, and when I click on "+New Game" from the main menu, I see Twinbrook, Barnacle Bay, Riverview...etc as options, but Hidden Springs doesn't show up! :(

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2011
    Did you update Origin first, then make sure your game was updated and removed any third party content you have in your game before you downloaded and then installed it?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
    edited August 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Did you update Origin first, then make sure your game was updated and removed any third party content you have in your game before you downloaded and then installed it?

I purchased 1,000 SimPoints so I had enough to get Hidden Springs, so I don't think Origin has anything to do with it. I didn't, however, remove my CC first! Thanks for the reminder, I should've known better! Thanks!

I'll post an update of whether that fixed it or not :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SillySelaSillySela Posts: 941 Member
    edited August 2011
    When this happened to me with Barnacle Bay, deleting my Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts did the trick, if I recall correctly. Been a while now.

Edit, back your stuff up before you do that. Or you can simply rename the folder.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Nope. The Sims 3 automatically updates, and I checked to make sure it's up-to-date, and it is. I removed my CC, and after starting up The Sims main menu, Hidden Springs still didn't show up. I went into the Downloads Dashboard and noticed Hidden Springs had the option to "Install" so I did.... but after that, I started TS3 back up and Hidden Springs STILL isn't showing. :x

Is there any way to help me get Hidden Springs to show up in my game? I'm frustrated because I bought SimPoints so I'd have enough for this, and I don't want to have paid for nothing. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    SillySela wrote:
    When this happened to me with Barnacle Bay, deleting my Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts did the trick, if I recall correctly. Been a while now.

Edit, back your stuff up before you do that. Or you can simply rename the folder.

I'll try that, too, thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    SillySela wrote:

I'll try that, too, thanks for the suggestion!

Hope it works, even though it's one of the last things I try because re-installing all the store content and lots and stuff I download isn't very fun.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I've installed Hidden Springs via "Downloads" in my Launcher - didn't work.

Removed my CC, and that didn't help.

Installed Hidden Springs via the Downloads Dashboard though the Main Menu - didn't work. Quit and tried again, and it gave me the option to install again as though I hadn't already.

Went into the actual Downloads folder and found multiple copies of Hidden Springs. I deleted the replicates, and double-clicked the main Package file, and it installed AGAIN. Started up TS3. Didn't work.

I'm going to move a copy of my Sims 3 folder to my desktop, then rename the original Sims 3 folder, then change it back in hopes of that being the one thing that actually helps!

... I'm getting pretty upset over this :?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I've installed Hidden Springs via "Downloads" in my Launcher - didn't work.

Removed my CC, and that didn't help.

Installed Hidden Springs via the Downloads Dashboard though the Main Menu - didn't work. Quit and tried again, and it gave me the option to install again as though I hadn't already.

Went into the actual Downloads folder and found multiple copies of Hidden Springs. I deleted the replicates, and double-clicked the main Package file, and it installed AGAIN. Started up TS3. Didn't work.

I'm going to move a copy of my Sims 3 folder to my desktop, then rename the original Sims 3 folder, then change it back in hopes of that being the one thing that actually helps!

... I'm getting pretty upset over this :?

You need to rename the folder. (edit: for example, rename it to The Sims 3-Old) Then start the game. The game will create a brand new The Sims 3 folder.

Then exit the game, and install Hidden Springs. Then Start the game. If Hidden Spring is available, there was some corruption in one of your files.

You can get more information on this process here: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-game-to-factory.html
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Awesome, thanks so much for the link - I'm following the instructions now!
  • Options
    KayYieldKayYield Posts: 897 Member
    edited August 2011
    Were you able to get it in game? I know it is so frustrating when you get sonething then can't use it. :(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2011
    If the above suggestion doesn't work you might want to contact EA Support.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I've had my fair share of customer support in regards to The Sims 3 (but never for the original Sims, or The Sims 2!) - SillySela is a godsend! That did it! Now I can play Hidden Springs...

... but now Barnacle Bay is missing. Oh well :roll: I didn't really use it much, I guess :P
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I've had my fair share of customer support in regards to The Sims 3 (but never for the original Sims, or The Sims 2!) - SillySela is a godsend! That did it! Now I can play Hidden Springs...

... but now Barnacle Bay is missing. Oh well :roll: I didn't really use it much, I guess :P

Silly question, but did you remember to re-install BB? :) All of your installed sims3packs and mods etc would have been removed in the process.

And all credit to crinrict! You used her guide after all :)
  • Options
    ShoeQueen1ShoeQueen1 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I am having the same problem, but the above solution did not work for me (playing on a Mac). HELP!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    ShoeQueen1 wrote:
    I am having the same problem, but the above solution did not work for me (playing on a Mac). HELP!

I don't know anything about macs, but hopefully somebody else does!
  • Options
    daniiixoxodaniiixoxo Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Sorry to bump an old thread. But, as ShoeQueen1 said. This has not worked for me :( I still cannot see Hidden springs in the main menu. I am also using a MAC. I look in installed content, its there. Looked in the downloads dashboard it is also there saying it has been installed to the main menu? but it is not in the main menu.

Help Please !