Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Springs - Missing Terrain Paint?

I'm really enjoying Hidden Springs, and decided to try building a bit. I was very surprised to see that gorgeous emerald-green grass growing everywhere doesn't appear to have been included in the download as a terrain paint:!: :shock:

How are we supposed to blend the regular grasses, which are completely different shades of green, with the emerald ones to make our lots look seamlessly part of the landscape? :cry:

I'm hoping a guru will notice this and bring it to someone's attention; it would be nice to have that terrain paint available. :)

Comments

• Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited August 2011
    Have you tried the "painted grass" option? I found that to be very close to the texture being used in the parks.
  • Options
    xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Have you tried the "painted grass" option? I found that to be very close to the texture being used in the parks.

I did, but it's just a bit off and the difference in hue is going to bug me. :cry: I just wish EA had been thoughtful enough to include this.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2011
    You erase your grass and the grass underneath is the world grass. The eraser is on the same place as the paint brush, just click it. All EA worlds are like that. You blend any lawn with ea worlds just using the eraser.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited August 2011
    ^^This.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hidden Springs isn't the only world with missing terrain paint. Just use the eraser tool.
  • Options
    xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    You erase your grass and the grass underneath is the world grass. The eraser is on the same place as the paint brush, just click it. All EA worlds are like that. You blend any lawn with ea worlds just using the eraser.

:shock: DOH :shock: Thanks, all - I feel quite sheepish for not having thought of this myself. I tend to overcomplicate things. :wink:
  • Options
    swdknightswdknight Posts: 751 New Member
    edited August 2011
    While it doesn't bug me, my only gripe with any world post World Adventures is you don't get the terrain paints for the world. Hard to match the terrain for Twinbrook, Barnacle Bay, Bridgeport and now Hidden Springs. Especially trying to cover the rock terrain on lots.
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited August 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Thanks so much for this. I never have noticed the eraser tool. All this time I've struggled with trying to match the grass and the answer was right in front of me. :oops:
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited July 2012
    I want the hidden springs terrain paint too.

I told them this about 8 months ago and still no reply from EA.

• Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for bringing this up! I would LOVE to have the terrain pain for HS. I love the colour...and the other grasses just don't seem to fit as nicely in this world. Hoping that they can help us out and let us have this terrain pain...maybe if we beg...please...pretty please? (okay, now someone insert a lolcat pic :lol: )
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited July 2012
    There were a few nice ones in it, also the other worlds. The road textures would be nice to extract too.
    I could add it to the project list if you like.....wouldn't be able to jump on it right away though.