Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A possible problem between Create a World and Pets

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited August 2011
    However, I will admit that having animal spawners in CAW and a new Debug submenu would be Very interesting.
  • Options
    Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited September 2011
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    I believe that this (wild animals) will just be a part of the in-game files that set the world to be an animal world, like those that set a world as a city and a vacation destination. And I'm sure they've got the roaming animals taken care of. Think about Bridgeport!

I guess if its like that then you probably still could set it, just got to discover what code does what and I'm sure someone here or at MTS would be knowledgeable in that.
  • Options
    SaynaTheSpiffySaynaTheSpiffy Posts: 52
    edited September 2011
    I don't have access to the link at the moment but apparently it's been confirmed that the critters are not going to spawn from spawners. If I remember correctly it was on the Pets page on VIPSims.
  • Options
    ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited September 2011
    I personally wish that Pets would include squirrels in the wild animal population. And I think it seems pretty clear that EA, based in California(?) creates America-centric worlds (WA excepted). Although you British may be right about raccoons once living on your side of the pond, I always thought raccoons were exclusively North American critters. Given their nature, I doubt even wolves could wipe them out.

I also wonder what the wild animals will look like. If they are anything like EA's take on flowers (e.g. yellow peonies), they will be fanciful approximations of the real things.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Some new information and I guess the conclusion to the query.

http://www.simprograms.com/35279/no-deer-racoons-or-wild-horses-in-bridgeport/

It seems Graham announced that they won’t spawn in Bridgeport which means (as they reported) that worlds classified as a city (logo city, not just ‘Oh yea my worlds a city *puts down a few shells*’) will not have animals spawn. Thus it is in the worlds coding that controls them which therefore means no spawners for the wild animals. However they still haven’t said much about the critters from what I have seen so they may in fact (and hope) that they will be spawners otherwise if their coding too, things might get a bit tricky.
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for that Verbaltee. Every single bit of information is much appreciated. I guess most of us will have to wait and practice a lot of "crossing that bridge when we come to it".
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2011
    verbaitee, Graham seemed to indicate it will just be for the large animals, that "collectibles" will still spawn in appropiate areas but to a much lesser degree. As he made a point of saying periodically a raccoon may be seen eating out of a garbage can. He made it sound as if even the little critters spawning will be greatly reduced in designated city worlds.
    ETA- Ooh dear, Verbaitee, Pyro just told me about Grahams twitter remark on this and seems on twitter he says no wildlife will spawn in worlds listed as cities. Soooo I guess it is all or nothing. This is confusing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    verbaitee, Graham seemed to indicate it will just be for the large animals, that "collectibles" will still spawn in appropiate areas but to a much lesser degree. As he made a point of saying periodically a raccoon may be seen eating out of a garbage can. He made it sound as if even the little critters spawning will be greatly reduced in designated city worlds.
    ETA- Ooh dear, Verbaitee, Pyro just told me about Grahams twitter remark on this and seems on twitter he says no wildlife will spawn in worlds listed as cities. Soooo I guess it is all or nothing. This is confusing.

That kinda sucks. I wanted to have at least some of the critters spawn in the suburbia of Dionne.