The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIM STORYTELLERS! Here's a new Challenge Series for you: 6 Degrees of Separation Challenge!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    buckeygirl80buckeygirl80 Posts: 795 Member
    edited July 2013
    Woot! I'll be checking it out!
  • Options
    AnonymousMissAnonymousMiss Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love this idea. Maybe I'll do it after I finish my rainbowcy. It'll be starring Kevin Bacon, of course. :D
  • Options
    LalajadeeyesLalajadeeyes Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2013
    I stopped this challenge because of circumstances, but I will be continuing it now. I have to edit my first story as I already completed it, but its kinda rush here and there.
    I'll link updates to the second story as soon as I have it posted!!
    I love this challenge. :)
  • Options
    XeenaSeelnaXeenaSeelna Posts: 18
    edited August 2013
    This looks like an interesting challenge, I really want to try it out and see what happens :-) I already have a couple of ideas on how to do it ^^ As soon as I got something up, I'm gonna post a link here to people who wants to read it.

A question thou; Let's say that in the first degree, that some event happens, like a robbery just as an example, can you involve that certain even again in all the degrees, but from a different perspective? Or just again in the second degree and then never to be mentioned again? (I hope you understand; I suck a lot to explain what I mean in English, since it's not my native languages :D )

But this looks so awesome, can't wait to get started! :D
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    edited August 2013
    That seems like a cool idea! Though wouldn't that mean that all your degrees are happening at the same time? I guess there's no reason you couldn't -- I'm just so stuck on legacy play that it never occurred to me.

I am doing it more legacy style. After becoming an elder, my patron sim chooses an heir and gives him/her a medallion that I'm using as a symbol of being the patron. The only rule is that the heir can't be in the active household.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    XeenaSeelnaXeenaSeelna Posts: 18
    edited August 2013
    Echowever wrote:
    That seems like a cool idea! Though wouldn't that mean that all your degrees are happening at the same time? I guess there's no reason you couldn't -- I'm just so stuck on legacy play that it never occurred to me.

I am doing it more legacy style. After becoming an elder, my patron sim chooses an heir and gives him/her a medallion that I'm using as a symbol of being the patron. The only rule is that the heir can't be in the active household.

I guess they do in a way... ^^ I'm not gonna ramble on about it, otherwise I spoil way to much (it feels like XD) I really don't know if the degrees can happen at the same time, so that's mostly why I asked :3 But I haven't planned to use that "event" in all degrees, if you can have some kinda event to use in the story. Ah well!

Just a quick thanks (I guess it was my comment you responded kinda to... otherwise I feel stupid XP) for what you wrote! I feel so much more inspired to get it on a roll! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I guess they do in a way... ^^ I'm not gonna ramble on about it, otherwise I spoil way to much (it feels like XD) I really don't know if the degrees can happen at the same time, so that's mostly why I asked :3 But I haven't planned to use that "event" in all degrees, if you can have some kinda event to use in the story. Ah well!

Just a quick thanks (I guess it was my comment you responded kinda to... otherwise I feel stupid XP) for what you wrote! I feel so much more inspired to get it on a roll! :)

Ha! Sure I'm responding to you.

I'm totally intrigued by your idea. Definitely post a link when you've started!
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    deathvixen14deathvixen14 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2013
    wow! This is such an awesome idea! I'm going start one now!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    wow! This is such an awesome idea! I'm going start one now!

If you do, post the link here!!
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    For whoever is interested, I'm back at my challenge after a bit of a hiatus. I have two new posts up and plans for a lot more :).

Wapoint http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/694954.page
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    LalajadeeyesLalajadeeyes Posts: 323 Member
    edited December 2013
    I started this challenge early this year and finished the first degree. But where I was posting is now closed.
    I have my own blog now though, and I started posting this challenge again but editing the story quite a bit. It has a lot more to the plot now.
    If anyone is interested in reading it, here is the link:
    http://thornheartssims.wordpress.com/legacies/6-degree-of-separation-challenge/

I see that since I last came here there are more simmers joining the challenge. ^^
    Awesome.
  • Options
    JmPuNk1JmPuNk1 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    My founder is going to be an elder. And you know how you joked about the pizza guy. Well he's going to be my second degree and he's going to burn down the Elders house and kill him and it will go to the pizza guy :twisted: :evil: and I don't know the third one but i'll find that out. I'll give an update later :D
  • Options
    SenbeideeSenbeidee Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2014
    This is such an amazing idea! I think I'll do one soon :wink:

It's great that you're coming up with more legacy-type things! I loved the wishacy very much!
  • Options
    Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    This is an awesome idea! I'm definitely going to try it out, seeing as I built a house but have no family for it - now I have a use! 6 DEGREES OF SEPARATION! It's a genius idea :)
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    Ooh, I love this! Definitely may need to do this in the very near future. Already thinking of how all my degrees would be connected!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top