Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIM STORYTELLERS! Here's a new Challenge Series for you: 6 Degrees of Separation Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited August 2011
    Okay I will do that. Glad you like it. ;)
  • Options
    buckeygirl80buckeygirl80 Posts: 795 Member
    edited August 2011
    So, I've just discovered that Hidden Springs is going to be 2500 simpoints, so needless to say, I won't be buying it anytime soon. So, there goes the idea of using it for my 6 degree story. :(

That's ok, though because I have an idea for the start of another one, using some characters and a story line that I never did finish. I'm excited about it! I'm guessing it will still be a while before I can share it with you all, but it's coming, nevertheless!

• Options
    Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited August 2011
    :O That's 25 dollars for a world???? :/ I guess there's extra items in there too so it counts like an expansion. Still that's a lot.

EDIT: Chapter 2 is done of Snowflakes
    Day 2: The Fire

:mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    angelpiangelpi Posts: 163
    edited August 2011
    I might do a reverse one of these. I've already got an idea cooking up in my head. Deliciously fantastic idea, Buckey!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    angelpi wrote:
    I might do a reverse one of these. I've already got an idea cooking up in my head. Deliciously fantastic idea, Buckey!

Ooooh, reverse? That sounds cool! I'm very interested to see how that would play out. Thanks alot!

I very much want to get my 6 degree story underway, and am in the process of building/redecorating the buildings I'll be using for it. It's much more work than I had originally thought! But hopefully it will be worth it.
  • Options
    cassalinacassalina Posts: 7
    edited August 2011
    I absolutely love this idea :) I'm new to the whole challenge/legacy concept of the sims - I've always been a sim fan, but I never thought to look at the online community until recently. I'm so glad I have though, as you're all fabulous!

Quick question that may be a tad off topic and in turn may not belong here, but does anyone have any suggestions as to where to put the story as it happens? I've read a few legacy stories, but they've all been on different websites. Any suggestions for where a newbie should start? And where to find other stories following the same challenge? Should I just keep checking back to this forum to see if anyone's added links to their stories? Sorry if those are dumb questions; some answers would be greatly appreciated though :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    cassalina wrote:
    I absolutely love this idea :) I'm new to the whole challenge/legacy concept of the sims - I've always been a sim fan, but I never thought to look at the online community until recently. I'm so glad I have though, as you're all fabulous!

Quick question that may be a tad off topic and in turn may not belong here, but does anyone have any suggestions as to where to put the story as it happens? I've read a few legacy stories, but they've all been on different websites. Any suggestions for where a newbie should start? And where to find other stories following the same challenge? Should I just keep checking back to this forum to see if anyone's added links to their stories? Sorry if those are dumb questions; some answers would be greatly appreciated though :)

Hey Cassalina! Welcome! There are a few options to choose from as to where to put a story as your are writing it. A lot of people have their own blogs through blogger or wordpress that they post their stories to, and then post links here on the forums somewhere. Or you could create a thread here in the forums under the "Stories and Legacies" section and post your chapters/updates on it.

I'm expecting the people who create a 6 degree story to post links to it here, and I don't mind if they post their 1st chapter here on this thread either. I may add a table of contents to my first post as others share their links to their own stories. So far, only 1 person has posted a link. Hopefully that will change soon. :)
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2011
    This is such a great idea! I do this in a way. I don't really do legacies, but each story is the kid from the last, but they don't last that long in their lives, generally a few years. Besides that, each of my stories is loosely connected involving this one lady that causes havoc-mostly behind the scenes. After my 10th generation or something (I'm on the 6th), I'm thinking about writing her story, and what happened with her. That would be/will be a long story, but would take place over generations...
  • Options
    KCrisco474KCrisco474 Posts: 117 New Member
    edited September 2011
    This is a great idea!!

TheUsernameFound and I are going to do a collaborative story, using this "challenge." It will be a combination rainbowcy/wishacy/6 degrees story. So we will have six degrees in each generation and then the next generation will have six degrees, etc. We will take turns writing degrees (3 each per generation)...So far, I have our first degree created. Her name is Crystal Sugar...her father is Cane Sugar, and her fiance is Rock Salt. Even though Rock Salt is her intended, that isn't by choice. It is an arranged marriage as the power families in town (Zephyr Hill), the Sugars, Salts, Flours, and Creams are striving to keep their "kind" pure so they inter-marry and don't allow marriage to berry sims. Crystal, however, is a rebellious one and may just have other plans ;-) Our story is called "A Spoonful of Sugar" and hopefully we'll be able to post our first chapter here soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    KCrisco474 wrote:
    This is a great idea!!

TheUsernameFound and I are going to do a collaborative story, using this "challenge." It will be a combination rainbowcy/wishacy/6 degrees story. So we will have six degrees in each generation and then the next generation will have six degrees, etc. We will take turns writing degrees (3 each per generation)...So far, I have our first degree created. Her name is Crystal Sugar...her father is Cane Sugar, and her fiance is Rock Salt. Even though Rock Salt is her intended, that isn't by choice. It is an arranged marriage as the power families in town (Zephyr Hill), the Sugars, Salts, Flours, and Creams are striving to keep their "kind" pure so they inter-marry and don't allow marriage to berry sims. Crystal, however, is a rebellious one and may just have other plans ;-) Our story is called "A Spoonful of Sugar" and hopefully we'll be able to post our first chapter here soon!

EEEEE!!!!! I just now saw this, wow, I love your idea of combining so many things! I can't wait to read the first chapter, please post as soon as it's ready!
  • Options
    ronile1ronile1 Posts: 8,166 New Member
    edited September 2011
    (ignore)
  • Options
    CourtneyHelenCourtneyHelen Posts: 868 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Mmm Buckley I have an idea cooking up in my head for this challenge... using my simself for the 1st degree. I have the basics of 1st and 2nd degree planned out. I think I might do this when I'm finished my novel (shouldn't be too long!) I'll keep you posted :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Mmm Buckley I have an idea cooking up in my head for this challenge... using my simself for the 1st degree. I have the basics of 1st and 2nd degree planned out. I think I might do this when I'm finished my novel (shouldn't be too long!) I'll keep you posted :)

Oooh, I'll be excited to see what you come up with! Can't wait!
  • Options
    beautycoobeautycoo Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited December 2011
    I really wanna do this! :D It's a brilliant idea really, it sounds perfect for a storyteller...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    beautycoo wrote:
    I really wanna do this! :D It's a brilliant idea really, it sounds perfect for a storyteller...

Hey beautycoo! I would love to see what you would do with this challenge! ;)

I realize it's been months since I've posted this challenge, and still haven't created a 6 degree story of my own, but real life has really gotten in the way of my simming time, and even my writing time. I still have my first 3 degrees or so figured out, and seriously WILL start this someday. :) Teehee..
  • Options
    TheUsernameFoundTheUsernameFound Posts: 7,775 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I am seriously contemplating doing this since my collob is currently on hold/has yet to start with KCrisco. (Soon I hope we'll get started but for the last while our schedules have been off)

It probably involve these seven characters (one is a tot so it wouldn't have first accounts with her) whom ... well I'll just let you read about them when I get to it. :D

And once that is done (6 chapters) I'll probably carry off through that into other cycles. (probably involving them not sure my head wants to make it complicated of sorts.)

Edit: Making it 7 degrees because I figured out what I have planned for at least two cycles. :D And going to do this for sure, I even have myself a blog. :D

Blog: https://sevenkeepers.wordpress.com
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    SCORE! I'm so glad you started something, Username! Woot!

I'm going to bookmark it right now so I can check it out!

If only real life weren't so dad-gum busy so I could spend more time on my 6 degree story planning. :( I'll live vicariously through you for now! LOL
  • Options
    LalajadeeyesLalajadeeyes Posts: 323 Member
    edited November 2012
    I loved this idea, because truthfully I have never finished any of my generations. It gets boring for me, so I actually like this more.

I have started the challenge and I already have a first chapter, 2nd chapter coming soon within a few days. I have thought of a way to merge all the stories together and since the rule is that only the main character of a story can appear in the next story but at least ones, or be mentioned. I thought of a way that is a bit risky, but I guess we'll have to just wait and see what happens! ;)

Check out my stories here guys!: http://pinkyandjade.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-ghost-of-jourdan-dunn_10.html

The first chapter is not much, but the second gets better. ^^

Thank you so much buckeygirl80, oh and I gave you credit for the challenge when I post it on my blog. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I opened a thread for the 1st degree.
    If anybody is interested in reading it, here is the thread link:

Jensen and the Ghost of Jourdan

Thanks guys! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I guess no one is doing this challenge anymore huh?
    I opened another thread for all the stories I will write for this challenge, and linked it to this thread for whoever wishes to take part of the challenge.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/623285.page#9931186
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hello lalajadeeyes! I'm so happy to see this thread get a little bit of traffic! :)

It's been a while since I've posted this, but I haven't given up on it! I've had such a hard time finding time to finish my Wishacy, I figured I should put my own 6 degree story on the back-burner for now.

I'm so excited to go check yours out! Woot! *clicks link*
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    edited February 2013
    Just a note that I'm bookmarking this thread and plan to look through the links here already. I really like this idea and would like to start my own, but I have to finish one or the other of my existing projects first. Sigh. I wish I had more time to do this stuff :).
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    caterpillarcaterpillar Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh, this is so right up my alley.
    I'm always making sidetracks in my legacies to tell the stories of side characters.
    I'll definitely be starting one of these, spinning off one of the spares in my current legacy.
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    edited July 2013
    Just wanted to say that I finally started a Six Degrees story called Waypoint.

It has a forum thread here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/694954.page#11054872
    And the blog is here: http://sims3waypoint.blogspot.com/
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited July 2013
    This is genius, as berrypie said. :lol: I must try this!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top