Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be able to EARN simpoints, who agrees?

Comments

• Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    Now, I'm sure many of you simmers would agree or maybe have even thought of this yourself that we should be able to earn simpoints. With the economy being what is today not everyone can afford to purchase simpoints. I think we should be able to earn them by uploading our creations onto the exchange. We work hard on what we make and we should be rewarded.
    We should be rewarded simpoints for the doing the following:
    -Uploading an item to the exchange, be rewarded say 10 er 25 simpoints.
    -Every so many downloads on an item we create be rewarded so many simpoints.
    -Every so many recommendations we recieve, be rewarded so many simpoints.
    -Weekly story and movie contests- winner gets 1000 simpoints.

People would just exploit the system. They would make crappy content to upload just so they could get the points, and tell all their friends to recommend it.

I was thinking this same thing. : )
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2011
    While I do think the idea of earning simpoints with creations is a nice idea I just don't think they can do it. Like many have mentioned people would try to exploit it, the Exchange would flood with items that people really didn't spend time on just to get some points.

For me, I spend days/weeks making a home to upload to the exchange. I enjoy it and like to share for those players who, for whatever reason, can't make their own. Heck, I use to be one of them and really wanted some really cool homes, thus why I pushed myself to learn how to do it. Not to mention I was fed up with Exchange items that had cc in them but the creator never bothered to mention it in the blip of a description.

Maybe they could dig through the Exchange and select “winning” creations each month. Like, Creator of the Month, and they give them credit for The Store?
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2011
    they should give us simpoints with the purchase of EPs, or for those that do buy points, they should get 200 extra points for every $20 spent at the store or something like that
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2011
    also, items that have been at the store for 2 years (like the Hewnsman set, for example) should be reduced to half price as well as each individual item. They did this with the animals abound sets (not palyground and bath) I wish they'd do it with hewnsman too! I mean how many people still purchase that set or items with all these other nicer new sets around?
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    kkrockskkrocks Posts: 81
    edited August 2011
    YES! Except a big NO on uploading things to the exchange. because then 1000's of people will just upload hair, with a tiny change to it each and every time.
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited August 2011
    I definitely agree. It would be a good PR move. I thought it would have been a good idea to make simpoints be some of the milestone rewards for sharing memories. Like at 500 memories we'd get 200 points, then 500 points for 1000 memories? If there were points awarded through the exchange EA could put restrictions so you could only upload a certain amount of stuff per week or month and be rewarded for it.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    anchy1991anchy1991 Posts: 688
    edited August 2011
    Cool idea, I AGREE.......
  • Options
    Maximilian1996Maximilian1996 Posts: 1,412 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Even though this is never gonna happen... I agree!!
  • Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited August 2011
    its a cool idea and all but perhaps with a little more adding to gain simpoints would be cool like promoting sims 3 or something or promoting EA games gives you simpoints there are a lot of ways to make things go both way and have a good win win situation with thing but I think EA has their hand full with lots of other problem for instance their portfolio of games their own workers that complain about certain handling of EA and so on EA did well a few years a go but apparently they are going back to their nasty old ways hope it changes fast though
  • Options
    zenreizenrei Posts: 746 New Member
    edited August 2011
    kkrocks wrote:
    YES! Except a big NO on uploading things to the exchange. because then 1000's of people will just upload hair, with a tiny change to it each and every time.
    Exactly.

It'd be cool if you got them via number of downloads, Rec's and the exchange badges.

....and on your bday, if you're active on the forum
  • Options
    CTGjgs985CTGjgs985 Posts: 193
    edited August 2011
    Thats a great idea! was i not supposed to get sim store points when i bought ambitions yesterday? i got 1000 of them!! Yay! but i spent them :(javascript:emoticon(':(');
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    yea i really think we should earn simpoints cause its a rip off u mostly have to buy a new game or buy simpoints and also if u buy somthing from the shop u mostly get like 3 items and then all of ur simpoints r gone cause the shop is freakin expesive we should have some games on here to earn simpoints :twisted:
  • Options
    LeahTLeahT Posts: 730 Member
    edited August 2011
    I think this is a sweet idea. No on the uploading to the exchange, unless it gets featured, of course. But I approve of this idea. I hope it happens eventually. They wouldn't lose a lot of money by doing this. A lot of sites do the "earn points and buy points" thing. Where you can do both. Cuz there will ALWAYS be people who are too impatient to earn 1,000 points when you can only earn like... 10 a day or 5 a day. So the people who do have money, will still buy it. I think it's a great idea and hopefully EA will do it. If not, oh well. But hopefully they will.
  • Options
    wstrumpelwstrumpel Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    I also think that they shouldn't use the exchange, and probably wouldn't use the exchange, (why would people even bother going to the store if the exchange got really good?) but I love the idea of earning simpoints for badges or sharing memories, the former couldn't hurt them much considering that there's only about 50 badges and the latter would be good advertising because people like me who can't afford simpoints and who don't share memories ever all of a sudden would be. It wouldn't even have to be the little memories, there could be a limit of maybe 5 memories a day and a point system as to how unique they are.
  • Options
    wstrumpelwstrumpel Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    And really, not to sound mean, but why is it such a big deal that you can't afford the store stuff? Your game works just fine without it, and you're not required to use it.

It's true that the game works fine without store content, it is really nice to have. The worlds, for example, I would love. Obviously I have Sunset Valley and the ones that came with my expansion packs, but I also like using certain worlds for certain people, and I assume I'm not the only one who does this. Other store content, like the book of spells or the tablet, have things that the game stuff doesnt. Also, there are problems like the fact that you can now having the base game only, get things from the store that were previously only made available by expansion packs. My example is a wahing machine and dryer. They weren't free, but I really wanted them, so I looked at another custom content site (most of these would probably disapear if simpoints were available by the way), where I uploaded quite a bunch of laundry stuff, only to find that only the washing machine worked. Eventually, I got the expansion p-ack I needed, and I cleared out most of the useless stuff, but that was truly obnoxious.
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited June 2012
    yeah but then people will be uploading random crap filled with horrid CC or they haven't made the effort to create anything and uploaded some one else's creations or tweaked the already made sims.
    but i do agree with with recommends badge thing after reaching 100 we should get 100 sim points etc
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've agreed since day one.
    And been disappointed since day two.
  • Options
    HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    edited June 2012
    I would say no to uploading, downloads, or recs for reasons that have been mentioned before. Those who exploit and who have the most friends would be the most rewarded, regardless of the quality of their creations.

What I've suggested before is to give a commission to people who "sell" store items. For example, Jane Doe colors a store dress and posts it. The "store" button on the item page already shows what item she used and has a "buy now" link. If people see that recolor and decide they want to buy the mesh for themselves, buying it from Jane Doe's item page could reward her X points per purchase. It wouldn't be a lot, but it would add up, especially for lots which have multiple items.

It would be hard to abuse, since people would have to complete a purchase on your page before you qualified for free points.

And it might encourage people to use store items instead of CC, so the Exchange as a whole would be a bit safer.

Other than that, I agree that registering EPs and SPs should still give some points, and that featured items should get points as a reward. I also think that having some official contests would be nice.
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
  • Options
    pokemon291pokemon291 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2012
    yeah, and for every game or SP or EP we register we get a few simpoints but not alot unless you wanna waste ur money saving up simpoints and buy every EP and SP available just to get those 3 worlds in the store.... :roll:
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I think everyone tends to forget that simpoints are the same as real money just converted to something to be spent in the store.

EA could have set up the store where you bought everything using cash via your credit card, instead of using simpoints and then quite a few people would have been unable to get things from the store.

This giving away points for nothing is the same as asking a company to just send you money. They already offer sales and deals and other ways to get things at a reduced price but, of course, people still want things or think they deserve things for free.

Why ask EA to pay you for recoloring their meshes as 'creations' when anyone can recolor meshes? People would be slapping any color they could think of on an object and uploading like crazy to earn a simpoint, it certainly would not improve the creations. And then there would be a zillion posts of 'go down load this and that and make me simpoints'.
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Swagbucks.com is pretty legit thats how I earn my points. Takes a while but it's worth it.

If it's sponsorpay.com I wouldn't trust it, I've done a few of them for speedboost in Need for Speed World sometimes it gave out boost other times no luck.

@OP i would like to see a way to earn simpoints but however it's EA they want money and Simpoints is a good profit for them :(
  • Options
    mEgA32306mEgA32306 Posts: 2,758
    edited June 2012
    I agree with this.
  • Options
    mEgA32306mEgA32306 Posts: 2,758
    edited June 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    I think everyone tends to forget that simpoints are the same as real money just converted to something to be spent in the store.

EA could have set up the store where you bought everything using cash via your credit card, instead of using simpoints and then quite a few people would have been unable to get things from the store.

This giving away points for nothing is the same as asking a company to just send you money. They already offer sales and deals and other ways to get things at a reduced price but, of course, people still want things or think they deserve things for free.

Why ask EA to pay you for recoloring their meshes as 'creations' when anyone can recolor meshes? People would be slapping any color they could think of on an object and uploading like crazy to earn a simpoint, it certainly would not improve the creations. And then there would be a zillion posts of 'go down load this and that and make me simpoints'.

This is a very valid point.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited June 2012
    I agree with allowing us to earn SP in small amounts. But I think some of those ideas need to be tweaked. Firstly, I'm sure none of us want tonnes of rubbish uploaded on to the exchange by people trying to earn SPs from doing basically nothing. Can you imagine the number of lots with just a wall on being uploaded just for someone to earn 10 SPs? In that case, I think EA would need some sort of team checking each upload to ensure it was genuine.

The second problem is earning SPs for downloads. What's to stop someone creating dozens of accounts to download lots? The same applies for ratings of lots and recommendations.

I do agree however, that weekly contests could be a great way for EA to distribute SPs for free, and that way they would go to those who work hardest to earn them. I think it would be great if EA could find a way for Simmers to earn free points but it's a very complicated road to go down and to be honest they probably feel it's easier just not to bother.

I also strongly disagree with handing out free downloads of aged items. What's the point in me paying for SPs if I can just wait a few months and download the item for free? It would be mightily unfair on those who spend their hard earned money on points, as for many of us buying points is a huge luxury. It would be a slap in the face for those people to suddenly find that all this money they've spent was effectively wasted as the items they have paid good money for are now free. I could never see EA implementing this anyway, they would lose far too much money. Just because we've been here for a long time and may have seen these sets upon their release and find they are a year or more old many newer players won't. They may have only just joined and discovered these items and they're sure to want to have them.

I think the Daily Deals are the best way forward, however, I think the current system does need altering. For a start, they need to bring back the gifting feature. All this stuff about 'a new system which won't allow gifting because of how many deals it produces' is obviously a cover of some sort; they had no problem letting us gift over New Year when there was a new deal every hour. I also think we need a little more consistency with the DD, I've missed so many sets I would have like to have because they've only rolled round once, or, they've come round again at the same time but on a different day and in no particular order. I think the best way to continue this way, if they want a deal that lasts three hours every time (as seems to mostly be the case) is to have four deals a day and repeat them after twelve hours (as used to be the case on a Thursday).

Sorry for the long post but that's my honest opinion on the whole matter. I don't want to put anyone down but I can't see in any case that EA will start dishing out free sets or SPs. Sorry if it's sounds harsh. :(
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2012
    Here's some constructive criticism, please do not accuse me of being rude.
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    -Uploading an item to the exchange, be rewarded say 10 er 25 simpoints.

No. People will be spamflooding Exchange with half-hearted or completely useless creations.
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    -Every so many downloads on an item we create be rewarded so many simpoints.

Again, no. Things such as clothes recolours get about 10x more downloads than things like lots. Then uploads with non default EA display pictures get about 10x more downloads, but not everyone has the ability, time or skills to make custom pictures for their downloads. Doesn't mean they've put less effort into their creations than someone who Photoshops their sims. CC-full sims normally get downloaded way more than CC-free sims. And once again, people will be flooding Exchange with useless uploads just for the points.
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    -Every so many recommendations we recieve, be rewarded so many simpoints.

And again, no. Just like with points 1 and 2, people will be uploading a load of crap to get rec's from their friends. Also people with 500 friends get way more rec's than people with 5 friends since more people see their uploads.
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    -Weekly story and movie contests- winner gets 1000 simpoints.

Could work I guess.
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    There should also be an archive created. After an item being on the website for a year or so it should become free or 50% off. If it is no longer frequently downloaded, it should be made free, if its an item that is downloaded in the middle of frequent and barely make it 50% off.

They can barely get the DD to semi-work (we still get duplicates daily even after all the overhauls), I doubt there will be an archive.
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    We fellow simmers should be able to earn simpoints, because not all of us have the luxury of going onto the store and buying 16,000 simpoints for a $160. Just like on the sims you need to work to make money to upgrade your furniture and appliances, that should be how it is on this site. We should be earning our simpoints through our creations, so we can update our sims.

I disagree. No offense but you don't need 16,000 simpoints. Nothing in the store is of such colossal importance that it would change your gameplay significantly, making you need it. (Not like we have to pay for patches/updates)

You pay for expansion/stuff packs, you get that content. You pay for the store, you get that content. Store content IS in a sense luxury so if you can't afford said luxury then I'm afraid you can't have it.

P.S. The only realistic suggestion I can think of, which wouldn't allow any kind of cheating, unlike with your first 3 points, would be awarding simpoints to featured creators. BUT only if EA actually makes a legitimate working feature system because let's face it, they just generate random # and feature that creation most the time nowadays.

I would suggest receiving simpoints on our Birthdays but it's a bad idea since you don't need to register a game to have an account on the site. So people would be making new account with their Birthday set for tomorrow and sending their main accounts gifts using those points.

Here's some more feedback from the comments:

Simpoints for memories: No. Uploading memories is even easier than uploading hair recolours. Play a sim for half an hour and you'll conjure 300 memories from all the trivial things they do. Imagine everyone uploading their 500 memories for 200 simpoints, the whole website will die in a cesspool of lag.