Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be able to EARN simpoints, who agrees?

Now, I'm sure many of you simmers would agree or maybe have even thought of this yourself that we should be able to earn simpoints. With the economy being what is today not everyone can afford to purchase simpoints. I think we should be able to earn them by uploading our creations onto the exchange. We work hard on what we make and we should be rewarded.
We should be rewarded simpoints for the doing the following:
-Uploading an item to the exchange, be rewarded say 10 er 25 simpoints.
-Every so many downloads on an item we create be rewarded so many simpoints.
-Every so many recommendations we recieve, be rewarded so many simpoints.
-Weekly story and movie contests- winner gets 1000 simpoints.

There should also be an archive created. After an item being on the website for a year or so it should become free or 50% off. If it is no longer frequently downloaded, it should be made free, if its an item that is downloaded in the middle of frequent and barely make it 50% off.

We fellow simmers should be able to earn simpoints, because not all of us have the luxury of going onto the store and buying 16,000 simpoints for a $160. Just like on the sims you need to work to make money to upgrade your furniture and appliances, that should be how it is on this site. We should be earning our simpoints through our creations, so we can update our sims.

I hope the developers read this and see it the way I'm sure all of us simmers do. Lets make this happen!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2011
    Agreed.
  • Options
    RANCIDRANCID Posts: 500 New Member
    edited August 2011
    It's certainly a cool idea. Unfortunately I think EA would loose too much money from it.. i.e no one buying simpoints.
  • Options
    dogluv3rrrdogluv3rrr Posts: 15
    edited August 2011
    Taylorpapa and i have been disscusing this ( i cam up with archive idea) and i really hope you guys listen to us and agree. Were hoping sims3.com will see this and take it into consideration.
    thanks taylorpapa :-)
  • Options
    TaylorPapaTaylorPapa Posts: 104 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Although that is true, they would lose money, I'm sure some simmers would still be purchasing simpoints. I think we could all agree though that the sims 3 games alone bring in a lot of money. With the expansion packs and stuff packs that have been made already, and that will come in the future bringing in as much as they do and with EA being as big of a company as it already is, I do not see the harm in helping out us devoted simmers.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    RANCID wrote:
    It's certainly a cool idea. Unfortunately I think EA would loose too much money from it.. i.e no one buying simpoints.

They would get money. I mean peoplewould still buy new stuff from the store.... I do thing this is a great idea.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2011
    I still miss getting free simpoints when buying expansion packs.
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited August 2011
    Agreed! Well... At least with 100, 1000, 1500 RECOMMENDATIONS BADGE and FEATURED MEMBER BADGE... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    yea and if you invited someone to join sims3.com and they did you could get 25 sim points or so.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited August 2011
    RANCID wrote:
    No they won't.

I've seen this model being used in one of my free MMOs right now.

Basically, you do special sponsor related quests (Watch this trailer for Captain America, for example) and you get 1 unit of the pay currency every time you do it. Limit is 5 times per day, which means while that sponsorship is up, you cold only earn 5 pay currency a day.

While that's great and all, none of the Pay items are ever that low. The lowest one costs 99 cents USD, and the sponsorships normally last only 2 weeks. 14x5=70 units of pay currency. Where would the difference come from once the sponsorship ends? Oh, sure you could save until you find something you REALLY want, but those items are normally $10 at the least on that game.

If the adpoted that model in The Sims 3 with SimPoints, they would use the same system.

After your 100th download for your most recent asset on the Exchange, you get 10 SimPoints. The catch is that it has to be your most recent asset, so once you upload the next whatever the following day, the count starts all over again.

Get 100 recommendations on a single upload within the past month, get 50 SimPoints. The catch is that you have to wait until the month ends to get those points.

Get Featured, get 100 SimPoints. OMG!! A whole dollar!! Like EA is going to lose out on a single dollar for featuring something. :roll:

I mean, they had something like this at the beginning. Register your game, get $10 of SimPoints. Why that stopped, I don't know, but I bet it had to do with the amount being rewarded and not because people weren't buying EPs and SPs.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    dogluv3rrr wrote:
    yea and if you invited someone to join sims3.com and they did you could get 25 sim points or so.

Exactly! We dont have to be rewarded so many simpoints that they lose money from people buying them. Which like I said I'm sure people will still purchase them. But we need to earn some simpoints so we can all gradually buy the stuff we have on our wishlists!
  • Options
    SimmyClaire03SimmyClaire03 Posts: 16
    edited August 2011
    I agree!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    dogluv3rrr wrote:

Exactly! We dont have to be rewarded so many simpoints that they lose money from people buying them. Which like I said I'm sure people will still purchase them. But we need to earn some simpoints so we can all gradually buy the stuff we have on our wishlists!

:D simpleas that. I think its a great idea for those of us that cant afford 10 dollars for every 1000 sim points or whatever it is
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2011
    It's a nice idea

and if they know their stuff it could work very well, it might even get people to buy more simpoints!

they could do this in many ways.
    I do think the count a day would be dificul, as we are all in difrent time zones.
    The amount of rec's would be a great idea
    and the badget (all the special ones) to
    Maybe some monthly competition.
    Maybe revarding good forum behavior....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    PLEASE PASS AROUND THIS FORUM LINK.
    I'D LIKE TO GET AS MANY SIMMERS TO COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC AS POSSIBLE SO THAT THE DEVELOPERS MAY TAKE THIS IDEA MORE INTO CONSIDERATION IF THERES A LARGE RESPONSE TO THIS TOPIC.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2011
    RANCID wrote:

This :/.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited August 2011
    RANCID wrote:

This :/.
    :roll:

They won't lose money if they do it PROPERLY!

Seriously, the Koreans have figured this out and are using it in their games! Why can't the Americans?!
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited August 2011
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    Now, I'm sure many of you simmers would agree or maybe have even thought of this yourself that we should be able to earn simpoints. With the economy being what is today not everyone can afford to purchase simpoints. I think we should be able to earn them by uploading our creations onto the exchange. We work hard on what we make and we should be rewarded.
    We should be rewarded simpoints for the doing the following:
    -Uploading an item to the exchange, be rewarded say 10 er 25 simpoints.
    -Every so many downloads on an item we create be rewarded so many simpoints.
    -Every so many recommendations we recieve, be rewarded so many simpoints.
    -Weekly story and movie contests- winner gets 1000 simpoints.

People would just exploit the system. They would make crappy content to upload just so they could get the points, and tell all their friends to recommend it.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    QueenbloodlmpQueenbloodlmp Posts: 427 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Agreed.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2011
    Upload an item, DEFINETTELY NOT! That would just be too easy, I would prefer contests, even though I am bad at everything except CAS.
  • Options
    YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    edited August 2011
    I like this idea...can't see it happening but they should atleast give some points for earned badges.
  • Options
    Ashleystewart98Ashleystewart98 Posts: 1,089
    edited August 2011
    I completely agree
  • Options
    dadragonslyedadragonslye Posts: 675 New Member
    edited August 2011
    If you are featured, you should be rewarded 100-250 simpoints. I'm sure that seems pretty fair. And maybe we can get like 500 sim points for every stuffpack and ep we register, 500 smpoints isn't enough to even buy a complete set these days, so they wouldn't be hurting themselves too badly.
  • Options
    MalcolmXMalcolmX Posts: 390 New Member
    edited August 2011
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    Although that is true, they would lose money, I'm sure some simmers would still be purchasing simpoints.

There will always be people buying stuff. I'll use League of Legends (LoL) for example. The game is a free-to-play PVP style game. They rotate the champions that are available every week so that each player has an opportunity to try out all the different champions. If, however, there are certain champions that they enjoy playing the most, they have the opportunity to purchase them with Riot points which you can either slowly build up through games, or purchase them in sums like with Sim points. Sure, there are some who will have to patience to wait, but people are impatient and companies like Riot and Blizzard? They know this and bank on it every time.

Simmers are no different. They could very easily implement a system to earn points, but obviously it will undoubtedly be a slow process to build up for the big stuff that people really want. There will always be people who say, "Whatever I'll just buy it."
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    MalcolmX wrote:
    TaylorPapa wrote:
    Although that is true, they would lose money, I'm sure some simmers would still be purchasing simpoints.

There will always be people buying stuff. I'll use League of Legends (LoL) for example. The game is a free-to-play PVP style game. They rotate the champions that are available every week so that each player has an opportunity to try out all the different champions. If, however, there are certain champions that they enjoy playing the most, they have the opportunity to purchase them with Riot points which you can either slowly build up through games, or purchase them in sums like with Sim points. Sure, there are some who will have to patience to wait, but people are impatient and companies like Riot and Blizzard? They know this and bank on it every time.

Simmers are no different. They could very easily implement a system to earn points, but obviously it will undoubtedly be a slow process to build up for the big stuff that people really want. There will always be people who say, "Whatever I'll just buy it."

clearly this person gets what im sayin! Not everyone can buy simpoints! So how about we try and make this happen so that those who cant CAN earn simpoints to get the things off our wishlist that we would like.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited August 2011
    It's not a terrible idea, but...

I do agree with what one user above me said. They would have to do it in a way that would reward creative effort and actual time and energy on the player's part. Merely uploading a creation to get Simpoints would NOT be the way to do it, as that would just cause the exchange to fill up with badly made, unoriginal crap very quickly. Ooh look, I recolored a dress using one of the default patterns in the game, give me free SimPoints!...No, it shouldn't be that easy.

I'm sure that if they did ever implement such a system, it would be much more tightly regulated.. as in, rewarding points for being featured, for placing 1st-3rd in an official contest, for having X amount of recommendations, and so forth. And even if that were to happen, I wouldn't expect to get more than maybe 10-25 simpoints for one of the things I mentioned. That way it would take awhile to build up enough to buy a full set, and that would encourage people who just can't wait to buy the new stuff right away.

And really, not to sound mean, but why is it such a big deal that you can't afford the store stuff? Your game works just fine without it, and you're not required to use it.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."