Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World : Anne Arbor Complete! Forgotten Seed Spawners Placed - Updated 8/11/11

SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
Welcome to Anne Arbor - a bustling metropolis on one side and a quaint town with cabins and farmlands on the other. This large world is a remake of Elmira City, to be made on a larger scale with houses in the mountains and swamps! Finally - your sims can all live in one place without having to move. Enjoy the benefits of the city or move out to the little town for some peace and quiet. This world has a mobile home park in the swamp, boat houses... everything your sims could want!

Requirements: Sims 3 + WA + AM + LN + GEN
World Size: Large
Total # of Lots: 156
What is Included: This world has all base game rabbit holes, a salon, art gallery, gyms, libraries, clubs, land fill, consignment store and a firestation; parks, cemetary, campground, fishing spots and beaches.

http://mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_AnneArbor.html

Screenshot-673.jpg

Screenshot-652.jpg

Screenshot-637.jpg

Screenshot-638.jpg

Screenshot-647.jpg

Screenshot-644.jpg

Screenshot-650.jpg

Screenshot-672.jpg

Screenshot-648.jpg

Screenshot-653.jpg

Screenshot-640.jpg

Screenshot-670.jpg

Screenshot-656.jpg

Screenshot-659.jpg

Comments

• Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2011
    It looks nice :). I like the mountain-y feel to it.
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think I requested this was this the message?

I have an idea for a big city town with a nice countryside and some mountains for cabins and the residential area would be far away from the city so you don't need to hear all those pesky city noises.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Goes right along with it - you were not the only one :) I actually had a request to add a swamp to Elmira and since I wanted it bigger... it just all came together :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SimRealtor wrote:
    Goes right along with it - you were not the only one :) I actually had a request to add a swamp to Elmira and since I wanted it bigger... it just all came together :)

I'm really excited and do you have a release date?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well I am about 60% done, so... probably another week or so I'd think :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SimRealtor wrote:
    Well I am about 60% done, so... probably another week or so I'd think :)

Yay! I always thought elmira was a little small and this is going to be perfect! Will there be a waterfall off the mountain?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    No waterfalls - didn't really fit in with the layout.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SimRealtor wrote:
    No waterfalls - didn't really fit in with the layout.

Wel I'm still excited anyway! I love it so much! I'm going to make a house on a cliff! Can you make some 40x40 lots up in the mountain so I can do it?
  • Options
    ImAbushWookieImAbushWookie Posts: 176
    edited July 2011
    Looks sweet! i wanted a bigger elmira! so this is what i'm looking for!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Plenty of 40x40 lots up in the mountains, tried to do more of a variety of sizes :) 50x50, 60x60, 30x30 - plus the trailer park in the swamp! :) It should be AWESOME!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yay! My sims will love the views!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also I have a name: Oxford Plains
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2011
    Evangeline

or Ann Arbour

Reminds me of a description of the first named town I read about a reference to in one of Stephen Kings books. The town was first called Evangeline after her name sake Evangeline Wellwood; who ended up being a 300 year old witch that wrecked havoc on it's population for burning her to death in the 1690's in the town she founded after she was accidently brought back by an Ancester in modern times. As an afterthought in honor of Ann's valent fight to fix the wrongs she and her ancester caused, the town folk renamed the town Ann's Harbour. As the town grew into a small coastal city it was altered to Ann Arbour.

Of course knowing SK the town was a product of his imagination like Haven is - which also would be a fitting name and does look a lot like your town as well. Both are supposedly coastal towns in far northern Maine.

Will2586; towns with the name Plains in them often refers to a wide open and FLAT landscape with no mountains and very little if any greenery. I do not think that would fit very well at all.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Well I really like Ann Arbour... I may just take that one :) I didn't want to use "city" or "town" or anything because it is both so - that sounds really nice! =D Thanks all for ideas!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It it looks just like the description of the town SK gave with it's fishing Harbor and mountain high above and surrounding the town - which SK claims kept the harshest of winter woes from overwhelming this coastal town.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Ooooo I like Ann Arbor!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    .... Well, I did come up with this idea on my own :S Promise! :) When I first made Elmira, I had the request to add some cabin areas in the mountains but it was too small and completed to do much with it. And then the request for a swamp so I decided I liked Elmira so much and wanted it bigger anyway, I'd give it another go.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also will the city be big like Brooklyn Heights (or bigger) or something smaller?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Equal to if not bigger than Brooklyn Heights... certainly not smaller! =D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I look forward to it for sure SR. I've been having a lot of fun with both Elmira and Redwood. It's great to just play worlds with out testing, and actually getting to know the Sims. They are different enough that it makes one want to go from one to the other and wish it was possible in game, but it is still fun to play them seperately.

I agree a world build with Elmira in mind but bigger is a big WIN win!

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    SimRealtor wrote:
    Equal to if not bigger than Brooklyn Heights... certainly not smaller! =D

Yay, I love the reserved lots because I like to make my own buildings inside so I don't have to do the outside!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Oh and I forgot to ask, what is winslow lane on your website?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You know I am so glad to hear you like reserved lots - it seems I get a lot of odd looks with those and all I can reference are my previous worlds which ran out of space - I don't want that issue with these worlds! Plus like you said, it makes it easier to just do the inside.

Anyway, Winslow Lane - whoops! Didn't realize I had published that. It is a world that I will be publishing soon enough - its a one road small island made by request for just the map and then I liked it so much I decided to finish it into a world. So I plan to upload the DIY map and then the finished world soon... got 3+ worlds I am working on and bounce from one to the next... right now Ann Arbor has my attention :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    SimRealtor wrote:
    You know I am so glad to hear you like reserved lots - it seems I get a lot of odd looks with those and all I can reference are my previous worlds which ran out of space - I don't want that issue with these worlds! Plus like you said, it makes it easier to just do the inside.

Anyway, Winslow Lane - whoops! Didn't realize I had published that. It is a world that I will be publishing soon enough - its a one road small island made by request for just the map and then I liked it so much I decided to finish it into a world. So I plan to upload the DIY map and then the finished world soon... got 3+ worlds I am working on and bounce from one to the next... right now Ann Arbor has my attention :)

Yay! You're one of my favorite builders and I love all of your worlds! Redwood Harbor reminds me of maine!
  • Options
    ImAbushWookieImAbushWookie Posts: 176
    edited July 2011
    Will this world be populated? if so why don't you put the sims in the world file instead of making a save file?