Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Speed Legacy - A fun challenge at the speed of light!

Comments

• Options
    camimhcamimh Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2011
    ooh samson is cute :D
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited July 2011
    So, I decided to make a family tree for my speed legacy family. Let's see how long it takes for it to get convoluted :)

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=fm39khqp03&f=451964791806752728

By the way, Cami, I had a bit of an idea. It would be cool if on the first page you listed everyone doing the challenge that's posted on here and linked their updates/their family trees if they made them. I know that would be a lot of work for you so you don't have to do it, I just thought I'd suggest it :)
  • Options
    altheaquinaltheaquin Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited July 2011
    I've hit an unexpected snag in mine lol. Thea and Bondi are still alive and with an 8 person household there isn't any chance of getting the next gen preggers o_O
    nnsig1_zps7a3fd5f0.pngs4gsig_zpseed8c92c.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thea - you could move the couple out on there own...or send Thea and Bondi out. No rules that they have to stay together.
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Jojo, I thought about that and may yet do it lol. Should probably look to doing it now before the thread gets too much bigger lol :D
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    camimh wrote:
    Jojo, I thought about that and may yet do it lol. Should probably look to doing it now before the thread gets too much bigger lol :D

Haha, yeah, this thread is growing fast! :shock: :D
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited July 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    @Vex: I love your first generation, all your blurbs are really funny. Your IF grew up really nicely too! Did you use a cheat to edit her? Because my IFs always have the generic townie face and I can't use "Edit in CAS" to edit them. It aggravates me to no end.

Thanks!

And Cuddles *does* have the generic townie genes. I didn't edit her. She's just making funny faces in all the pics I took of her.

But that begs the question: I know editing offspring in CAS is a no-no, but since pickings are slim in this town, if I want Madeline to travel and meet cute French/Chinese/Egyptian boys, is it okay to edit THEM in CAS so there actually ARE cute French/Chinese/Egyptian boys?

Because seriously, have you guys BEEN to Champs le Sims? :roll:
    altheaquin wrote:
    Thea and Bondi are still alive and with an 8 person household there isn't any chance of getting the next gen preggers o_O

Far as I can tell, there's no rule that says the heir needs to stay with the parents. You can move people around.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    camimh wrote:
    Thea - you could move the couple out on there own...or send Thea and Bondi out. No rules that they have to stay together.

I think I'll have to T__T I so wanted them all in the same house. Oh well. Here's the family so far. Maia is Myles and Koko's oldest but I changed my mind about simselves and she's gettn' busy with her IF :D

Screenshot-1490.jpg"width=620"

Screenshot-1491.jpg"width=620"

Screenshot-1492.jpg"width=620"
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    But that begs the question: I know editing offspring in CAS is a no-no, but since pickings are slim in this town, if I want Madeline to travel and meet cute French/Chinese/Egyptian boys, is it okay to edit THEM in CAS so there actually ARE cute French/Chinese/Egyptian boys?

Because seriously, have you guys BEEN to Champs le Sims? :roll:

I would say that's fine considering you can just make a spouse in CAS. As long as you edit them in CAS before breeding (and why wouldn't you right? lol)

Also! Check the first page! For simplicity sake I linked to the updates within this thread even if it was a link off site. Heir votes I usually looked over because the pics were usually seen in later updates - kinda depended on the posting habits of the person. If I missed anything or anyone let me know - it's entirely possible I skipped over something on accident! :D
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    Proverb87Proverb87 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited July 2011
    All my kids since I got Generations has got one so far. XD
    Only my adopted children have gotten IFs so far! :(
    Jojo777 wrote:
    By the way, Cami, I had a bit of an idea. It would be cool if on the first page you listed everyone doing the challenge that's posted on here and linked their updates/their family trees if they made them. I know that would be a lot of work for you so you don't have to do it, I just thought I'd suggest it :)
    This brings back bad memories... :P
    altheaquin wrote:
    I've hit an unexpected snag in mine lol. Thea and Bondi are still alive and with an 8 person household there isn't any chance of getting the next gen preggers o_O
    My heir has been out seeding the lands until the siblings are gone. Once the house is empty and the children are born, he'll go out and "collect" them up. :wink:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    It does doesn't it R? :P

So here's the next update for my family, Hauser Speed Legacy, Generation 3!

screenshot2018.jpg
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @Cami: It looks great! Now it'll be easy to catch up if I'm away from the forums for a few days :)

@thea: Nice update, can't wait to see IF offspring, and Maia's adorable!

@vex: I'll be editing townies if I have to, mostly cause I can't stand the generic townie face. It's seriously the bane of my existence! So far the non-generic townie sims haven't been reproducing much, but funny enough my Shakespeare themed family did- and they had a kid that the game named Juliet! I was completely shocked :shock:

@Proverb: why does it bring back bad memories?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Once upon a time, R started the Mirror, Mirror thread - mind you this was back when Sims 3 had JUST come out - and everyone posted their updates on the thread and R had to keep editing the first page to include new updates. That thread was/is over a 1000 pages long! :P So you can imagine how many updates there were lol
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    camimh wrote:
    Once upon a time, R started the Mirror, Mirror thread - mind you this was back when Sims 3 had JUST come out - and everyone posted their updates on the thread and R had to keep editing the first page to include new updates. That thread was/is over a 1000 pages long! :P So you can imagine how many updates there were lol

Oh wooooooow! I can only imagine how much work that would be :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Maia may be adorable but she is mean spirited and evil. It's all I can do to keep her from jumping down everyone's throats O_O. Lucky for me Alaina aged up to a YA and I could move her out and quickly get Maia preggers by her IF hubby.

Bondi and Thea are still with us though. I mean seriously your 28 Bondi I love you but it's time for you to go!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    altheaquin wrote:
    Bondi and Thea are still with us though. I mean seriously your 28 Bondi I love you but it's time for you to go!

28 is OOOOOLD...sounds like something my kids would say :P
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    camimh wrote:
    altheaquin wrote:

28 is OOOOOLD...sounds like something my kids would say :P

lol for a speed legacy it sure is!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    28 is old, wow! I think Ian died when he was in his early twenties, like 20 or 21 (SCARY to even say that, since it's literally right around how old I am).

And it's funny that Maia's mean spirited and evil, because my simself's firstborn Jacob is too. And he's a genius, which means he could cause some serious havoc!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    camimh wrote:

Oh wooooooow! I can only imagine how much work that would be :shock: :shock:
    In the end, tooooooo much work! We abandoned the thread for an outside forum so I wouldn't have to keep up the index any more! :P There were too many stories to keep up with! :P (thanks to Cami for updating her stories every ten minutes or so)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    wasn't all my fault...hehe
    Xois5I.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    True! Only mostly! :wink:

But then, having to maintain the first page meant I didn't have to write OR update! :twisted:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Question: does anybody doing a speed legacy right now not use cc? I think it would be fun to download other people's speed legacy simmies and put them in my save. But I don't use cc.

Basically, if you have a cc free speed legacy simmie that you want me to put in my game let me know. I would credit them if they show up in any updates :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I don't use CC clothing, but I have all the Store stuff! I DO use some CC accessories! I have the twins Michael and Ryan saved and they have the small hoop earrings from TSR!
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited July 2011
    Jojo777 wrote:
    Question: does anybody doing a speed legacy right now not use cc? I think it would be fun to download other people's speed legacy simmies and put them in my save. But I don't use cc.

Does store content count as CC?

I keep minimal wearable CC items, none of which are worn by any of my legacy family members. Store items, however, are used willy-nilly.

My simself's already in my studio, and I was thinkin' about posting some of the others, too.

And Proverb: Those earrings are EVIL! I have them in my game because of some of your boys I installed ages ago, and haven't been able to get rid of 'em since then. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    And Proverb: Those earrings are EVIL! I have them in my game because of some of your boys I installed ages ago, and haven't been able to get rid of 'em since then. :P
    I'm sorry, VQ! :oops:

But you know you love my boys just the same! :P