Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2009
    My founder just died. I knew it was coming but it was hard to witness. He really struggled to get somewhere in life and future generations will have it much easier.

On another note is it hard for anyone else to part with money? They have over a 100k now which is obviously plenty enough to make the house nicer but I am finding it hard to part with that hard earned money. Almost everything they have is still the cheapest things available. I still get bad night sleep, cold showers, and uneven cooking. Almost everyone still sleeps in the same room too.
  • Options
    Masked_BanditMasked_Bandit Posts: 104 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well ... I started last night, got married, he brought a daughter from a previous marriage. Both of them are slobs, and I'm mean and MAKE them clean! :lol: It took 4 tries to get her pregnant, but she finally had a little boy. His daughter's bed is still outside as I don't have much space in my house as yet ... I started with just a toilet and went around stinking cause I couldn't figure out where to shower. I slept on a bench in the park and harvested food to start a garden.

My house now has a kitchen, parent's bedroom, bathroom and a hall/living room/baby's room. I rolled for the baby's second trait and it got genius (thank goodness!!!!) I forget what the first was, so I'll have to update this when I get the chance to get back in and play again. outside there is a chess table and bookcase that doesn't fit inside yet, and he had a guitar and boombox in his inventory when he arrived. They have a fairly extensive garden as I had him helping tend it and he seems to enjoy gardening.

I did take a couple pictures of their early "house," but I haven't uploaded them yet

my founder got pregnant again and had twins so I had two infants and a toddler. My infants have aged up and are now toddlers, so for a couple of days I have 3 toddlers, and most of my house is still outside. I went broke buying cribs and toddler enlightning toys. I have children's books to read to em but so far haven't been able to make that happen ...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok this is getting old really fast. All of my random traits are bad. I wish now I had picked flirt as a family trait instead of angler. The only thing that is keeping this going is the glitch in the game that allows you to woohoo a best friend and then the person is more receptive to the romantic menu.
  • Options
    kms29kms29 Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2009
    Was wondering how long it would be before the TS3 legacy challenge would be available! Thank you, Pinstar. Hopefully this time around, I can complete the challenge! :lol:
  • Options
    klo85klo85 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I updated with one more chapter for today. Ch. 15 & 16 are the new chapters.
    You can click on my signature to get to my legacy!
    Let me know what you think with a comment and click a box at the bottom of the post to rate it... thanks!
  • Options
    icecreamandcocoaicecreamandcocoa Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2009
    I just got my legacy started and is woking on wooing a sim. Just one question though. How do you know when a sim is rich?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I just got my legacy started and is woking on wooing a sim. Just one question though. How do you know when a sim is rich?

You can search the forums, I have seen a list of the rich sims, but usually your sim will realize it. In rare cases, you're sim won't realize it until they are already part of your household which in that case, the rules allows for it.
  • Options
    icecreamandcocoaicecreamandcocoa Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you! I just wanted to make sure that the sim my person is interested in wasn't rich.
  • Options
    edited June 2009

You visit their house or go to edit town and try to find them. That rule is not one of the better ones because you can marry a non-rich sim in some cases and bring in more money than some of the technically rich ones because it is based on house not bank account.
  • Options
    DanyeellDanyeell Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Woo, ah thankyou!
    I was waiting for some rules, (:

One question, i'm pretty new-ish to all this legacy stuff,I started on on TS2 but i had to restore the whole laptop - but for "letteracy's".. so basically A-Z, which is what i'm wanting to do, do you follow the same rules, just more generations?

I'm not bothered about points, i'm just kinda doing it all for the fun,but abiding by the rules ;D

Off to start now,thankyou!!
  • Options
    heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Bobbo wrote:
    On another note is it hard for anyone else to part with money? They have over a 100k now which is obviously plenty enough to make the house nicer but I am finding it hard to part with that hard earned money. Almost everything they have is still the cheapest things available. I still get bad night sleep, cold showers, and uneven cooking. Almost everyone still sleeps in the same room too.

But... what's the point of having so much money if you're not going to spend it??? :shock: :shock: :shock: That's nuts.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bobbo wrote:

But... what's the point of having so much money if you're not going to spend it??? :shock: :shock: :shock: That's nuts.

I agree... you should make you at least 1 point for the legacy by increasing the value of your house.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bobbo wrote:

But it was soooo hard to earn. Ok Ok. I just upgraded their house. They now have a 3br 3ba 2 story house with a new kitchen. The beds are better and the showers have been upgraded.

My money trees just dropped another seed. I now have 10 of them. They 8 that are mature are producing about 10k every 2 days. My death fish pond produces about 2k a day. So you are right... I shouldn't be so frugal.

Now to send Peter out to find some more money tree seeds. Bwahahaha
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't think I could be more true to the legacy spirit right now if I tried.

The postwoman my founder married didn't bring in a single simoleon.

Not one.

x _ x

So now they have to try and raise a baby on $900, because she's going to be an Elder soon.
  • Options
    london2010london2010 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Firstly, thanks for the new rules Pinstar!

Secondly, here's my legacy blog for anyone curious:

http://quicksilverlegacy.blogspot.com/

The first two chapters are posted and more coming very soon...
  • Options
    AvastraAvastra Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, my Legacy famly just lucked out in a BIG way! My founder Elsie Torrington has just become pregnant with her boyfriend Dean. They're not married yet but she's about to ask him to marry her. But before she has a chance to do that she gets an oppurtunity to deliver 3 excellen or better quality veggies to none other then her boyfriend for some cash. So, as she's a good gardener, she does just that and gets the money. And NOW, suddenly, she has over 81'000 in her account! She had just over 3000 before (I was saving up to extend her tiny box of a house in time for the wedding and the baby).
    I don't know if this was some sort of glitch or if she really lucked out because it's her boyfriend and father of her unborn child, but she's happy alright! Now she can finally afford a bathroom!

• Options
    edited June 2009
    I don't think I could be more true to the legacy spirit right now if I tried.

The postwoman my founder married didn't bring in a single simoleon.

Not one.

x _ x

So now they have to try and raise a baby on $900, because she's going to be an Elder soon.

That sucks. You should try to get a job in law enforcement. My founder went on into the forensic branch and brings in about $5500 a day.
    Maybe you can fish and sell the fish for some cash.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited June 2009
    Heh. Jacob's doing very well in the Athletic career, and Lulu wants to join him. . .but I might have to take that suggestion for her instead. :3 Thanks.
  • Options
    Aly0320Aly0320 Posts: 133 New Member
    edited June 2009
    cool! lol.

3 questions.

1: Can we harvest from wild trees to eat their fruits etc.?
    (and plant the seeds in our lot. or sell the produce to the market)

2: Can we have just one wall or does it have to be 4?

(i.e. - i have one wall with a bed, toilet and shower. so basically i live outdoors.)

3: Can we fish and sell the fish?
    (i know you answered a similar question about collecting)

are these things allowed?
    thankyou!!

• Options
    SwaydeSwayde Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Okay this looks intriguing. I think I will give it a try. I've done similar self-imposed challenges before, however, I've never actually played with aging on before, in any Sims game. I just never could stomach seeing my Sims get old and die. So we'll see if I can make it through the challenge before I chicken out and turn off aging =)
  • Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks it will be fun :lol:
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    saraemilysaraemily Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Anyone plan on making a legacy of criminals? I'm about to start on mine, should be pretty interesting :)
  • Options
    KortnilaKortnila Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think I'm gonna try this! This should be fun.
  • Options
    LadyRandoLadyRando Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like fun so I'm going to give it a try.
  • Options
    rockbelly929rockbelly929 Posts: 591 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i am so gonna give this a try. ive nvr made a legacy on sims b4, but i was just about to, so im gonna use this to make it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top