Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

• Options
    LilMissSunshineLilMissSunshine Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2009
    Having a blast with Legacy!

My blog is here: http://hallowvsscorn.blogspot.com/

I'm running two legacies. A good versus evil deal. I use two different saves and alternate playing between them. I plan to keep them linked and referencing each other!

Obviously, too much time on my hands!!

Loved the stories :) It's a creative and different approach to the game!

&& you're a pretty good writer too!

:)

Thank you so much! That's made my whole day and given me the will to carry on with it!!

Big smiles here.

LoL. Yay.

That's good to know :)
  • Options
    jeremysipesjeremysipes Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2009
    mambogambo wrote:
    werepoet wrote:
    mambogambo wrote:
    werepoet wrote:
    mambogambo wrote:
    2.5 Questions also...

The rules appear to have been modified to the contrary.

I just checked and you're right. How odd that that changed. Now I'm kinda bummed b/c I like the way I play better. It is more challenging.

I'm with you and It's kinda screwed it up changing it a week after everyone started. I'll choose to play by the original rules but it now means that all of us here are supposedly doing the SAME Legacy Challenge... But Differently... What was the point again??? Why are we scoring if there's not going to be a solid benchmark to base the scores on???

S'like the referee changing the rules of footy in the middle of the third quarter just to satisfy the girly half-backs who don't wanna play coz the other guy keeps bumping into them too hard so they get a free kick. Pffft...

What happened pinstar????

[edit] formatting was dodgy and my text appeared in the quote field so check it to see that I hadn't botched it... and I hadn't. Hmmmm... Better

Dont you get it? its like whos line is it anyways. You know -"Hello, good evening, and welcome to Whose Line is it Anyway?, the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter. That's right, the points are just like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Lite. They do not mean a thing."

The points really mean nothing, they are an arbitrary metric, on a honesty scale, thus inherently flawed no matter what.

• Options
    klo85klo85 Posts: 97 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I updated my legacy blog with Ch. 16 Generation 3.
    Check it out and let me know what you think.

You can click my signature to get there or....
    copy and paste: http://sims3legacychallenge.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PerryaePerryae Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you hang out at the park, a npc is usually there - like a policeman, social worker (who my founder married), a firefighter or maid. Those are the ones I have seen just standing around.
  • Options
    i_c_f_89i_c_f_89 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mambogambo wrote:
    2.5 Questions also...
    The question: Can we use TestingCheatsEnabled to add the trait if it does not attach to the sim properly when they age into a child? (in the case of the Family Trait we'd choose it or otherwise it could still be rolled)

I did this when I moved in my founder's mate.

She only game with 2 traits and was an adult. So I testedcheats on her and just rolled 5 new random ones

Not really against the rules since they were randomized :D
  • Options
    AiweAiwe Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mambogambo wrote:
    2.5 Questions also...
    2) There is a well known bug that stops Children from gaining their third trait when ageing into childhood. This ends up meaning that as an adult they only have 4 out of a total of 5 traits...

I'm not trawling back through 40+ pages to check how 'official' the previous reply to this question was, but it has been said that it's considered okay to use a cheat to fix a bug, because you're not gaining anything you're just setting yourself back to where you would have been if the game hadn't hiccuped.
  • Options
    GrotesqueBGrotesqueB Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was wondering if you were going to add in more points available to get? Like maybe you get one point per sim who collects all collectable items or something? It just doesnt really seem like these new rules incorporate everything in the game the way that TS2 legacy rules did. It still is a great challenge though and I appreciate the work you put into it.
  • Options
    KraylessaKraylessa Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had some trouble with the whole "rich sim" restriction when trying to find a mate for my Founder and I'm a little concerned about how it will play out when I'm trying to find a mate for my first heir. I'm considering just removing that rule from my own legacy, because as others have pointed out, there is no real game-breaking advantage to marrying a rich sim, since most of them don't bring much money into the household. I did like the one suggestion about deducting one point if they bring in over $10,000, two points if over $20,000, etc. That seems pretty fair to me. I may use that adaptation of the rules to give my sims more options for potential mates.

PS: Been trying to keep my blog up to date. See my sig if you care to check it out!
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited June 2009

I'm running two legacies. A good versus evil deal. I use two different saves and alternate playing between them. I plan to keep them linked and referencing each other!

I have been thinking of redoing my TS2 legacies on TS3, but the rules say that you can only ever have one family active in a neighborhood.

I don't understand your 'alternating between two different saves' thing.

Could you explain it?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    fullerfourfullerfour Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Awesome, thanks for posting this. Never did go through with my legacy family in Sims 2, so I decided to give it another shot. I'm getting better results with it this time.

I might have a blog telling the tale of my legacy family, and you might be able to find it at http://bumblebody.blogspot.com/2009/06/prologue.html

Not that I'm promoting it or anything, but you might want to check it out.
  • Options
    icecreamandcocoaicecreamandcocoa Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm confused about legacy points. I read the thing over and over again but how do I keep track of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Try a Word document or Excel spreadsheet?
  • Options
    sketchjetsketchjet Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok, starting over again with John Capone!! An Evil-Klepto!!!!

9351702.jpg
  • Options
    tinkkctinkkc Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hooary! But who knows what lies beyond for every legacy?
  • Options
    DarkroomdannyDarkroomdanny Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009

I have been thinking of redoing my TS2 legacies on TS3, but the rules say that you can only ever have one family active in a neighborhood.

I don't understand your 'alternating between two different saves' thing.

Could you explain it?

Sure, no problem.

It's basically two seperate save games. Both are set in Sunset Valley on the same lot. The only link is through the story I write. So I play sunset valley.scorn for a couple of hours, save and quit and then fire up sunset valley.hallow.

Does that help? I am famous for being incomprehensible!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Aw, that sucks. . .So they never actually meet? >_>

*sigh* I think I understand it now. :3
  • Options
    DarkroomdannyDarkroomdanny Posts: 56 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Aw, that sucks. . .So they never actually meet? >_>

*sigh* I think I understand it now. :3

Not until after the tenth generation. I plan to move away from legacy and revive them (obviously they will be long gone by then) in some kind of all out war/mis matched buddy comedy! I'm quite attached to them both.
  • Options
    Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    For those of you feeling restricted by the "no rich sims" restriction, I am working on a re-write that might obliterate that restriction entirely. Some testing needs to be done.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Obliterate entirely? What is to stop someone from becoming rich in the first generation, then?
  • Options
    Mandy347Mandy347 Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2009
    Kraylessa wrote:
    I had some trouble with the whole "rich sim" restriction when trying to find a mate for my Founder and I'm a little concerned about how it will play out when I'm trying to find a mate for my first heir. I'm considering just removing that rule from my own legacy, because as others have pointed out, there is no real game-breaking advantage to marrying a rich sim, since most of them don't bring much money into the household. I did like the one suggestion about deducting one point if they bring in over $10,000, two points if over $20,000, etc. That seems pretty fair to me. I may use that adaptation of the rules to give my sims more options for potential mates.

PS: Been trying to keep my blog up to date. See my sig if you care to check it out!

I got around that with my founder by having her get pregnant by a rich Sim and then ditching him. :P I'm a big fan of Sim-torture.
  • Options
    beaynidSimbeaynidSim Posts: 784 Member
    edited June 2009
    Obliterate entirely? What is to stop someone from becoming rich in the first generation, then?

i believe my founder has become rich for all intents and purposes by the time he reached an elder.(55k+ furnished home and over 89k in the available cash) I achieved this by having him write like a fiend. he is finishing up his second or third masterpiece which should make another 10k+ and then add another 10k to his weekly royalties until he finally dies(currently at 39k/week in royalties). his eldest son is just starting to work, and his wife didnt make all that much painting(maybe 10k over her time in the house), so they didnt contribute much to the household so far.

Im considering starting over my legacy and having the first couple generations only allowed to have career orriented ltw, instead of writing,painting and such to try to make money a lil harder to get until at least the 3rd gen.

i think id like to suggest a modification of the rules on traits. i think everytime you use midlife crisis lthr, you should be able to pick a new trait then roll random for the rest. 20k to have your traits randomly repicked is kinda sad.
  • Options
    OhhSoSylentOhhSoSylent Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lottiii wrote:
    Have a quick question for OhhSoSylent, btw I loved your Harlow story :mrgreen:, recommended it too. Anyways back to my question lol....I noticed that you have the nude patch on your game, please please tell me how to get my sims nude patched.... :oops:

Tried to do it with sims2 with no luck...

Thanks heaps.

Hmm scrap that....I think it goes outside of the guidelines for me to ask?????

Wish this forum had a private message system lol

Ohhh, thanks! Uber sorry I didn't see your post! I got it from Mod the Sims. Just google it and it should show up. Just go to the Sims 3 mods section and follow the instructions from there. (:
  • Options
    animatorstarteranimatorstarter Posts: 199 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks so much, I heard of the legacy with the sims 2, but I never actually tried it. However, I always found the story's interesting and fun to watch. Now I get to make my own!!
  • Options
    JazzeyBearJazzeyBear Posts: 100 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Okay. So I had a question. I started my legacy a few days ago and my sim has met a nice cute single guy. She found out that he is a firefighter. But when he moved in after they got married. The game is saying that he is unemployed. What is his job, and how do I get him to be a firefighter like he was?
  • Options
    KeiyaKeiya Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    For those of you feeling restricted by the "no rich sims" restriction, I am working on a re-write that might obliterate that restriction entirely. Some testing needs to be done.

Marrying a rich sim is only gives a great advantage to your founder sim. What about either only restricting your first generation or allowing rich marriages once your family is labeled as being rich...I guess a sort of social caste restriction. At that point, a couple of thousand more shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top