Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims 3 Base Game is not compatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.

Comments

• Options
    xxdarklovexx1818xxdarklovexx1818 Posts: 12
    edited January 2013
    This happens to me about once every month or so. (trust me it's the biggest pain in the butt ever.) All you can really do is to reinstall EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    iDaCupidStuntiDaCupidStunt Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    mine is saying the expansion packs are not compatible with my base game, how the devil do i fix this?
  • Options
    Jeff79Jeff79 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Alright, I just figured this out. Pretty simple. Doesn't involve re-installing everything. That's just 🐸🐸🐸🐸. All you have to do is go under your my documents, where is saves the games, should be something like this

\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

There should be a bunch of files in there. Most are useless and can be deleted, but before you do that take the folder "Saves" and copy it. Paste it on your desktop.

After go back to this folder

\Documents\Electronic Arts\

and delete the "The Sims 3" folder.

Start you game and it should load just fine now. Take the "Saves" folder you put on your desktop back in there and everything should be working now. Quick and simple solution.
  • Options
    simoneculver2012simoneculver2012 Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    OMG the same thing happened to me !!! I have the sims Late night expansion and when it offered a new update and updated it, it said that the expansion pack was non-compatible and it wont start !!!!! :(
  • Options
    tayla101828tayla101828 Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    OMG , sames :( , but what im doing is delteting them , the installing , i had to because the game got stuck when i went in 2 cas , and that annoyed me !, if u have installed it , go on to the launcher , check if there are any updates , if not untall then restall , and keep doing till it works , im very sorry if this doesnt work , its annoying me , seen as i love my sims , and grr , yeah bye <3:cry:
  • Options
    hayward10hayward10 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    So upset.
    I have the sims 3 BASE GAME and I decided to buy an ep (Late Night) and am trying to install it. I waited an hour for the update, now it won't let me play as the games aren't up to date. I checked on the launcher and there's no more updates to do. (I'm using an PC) Please help :cry:
  • Options
    Bexta0804Bexta0804 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Having exactly the same problems! i'm so annoyed, I've tried uninstalling them the reinstalling them but same problem! But i cant even do anything on my launcher it just has the loading symbol! Please help
  • Options
    morganbuegemorganbuege Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same exact issue. it says I need to update the game but it is all up to date.
    Someone please fix this so I can start simming again!
  • Options
    Laurieee788Laurieee788 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    hayward10 wrote:
    So upset.
    I have the sims 3 BASE GAME and I decided to buy an ep (Late Night) and am trying to install it. I waited an hour for the update, now it won't let me play as the games aren't up to date. I checked on the launcher and there's no more updates to do. (I'm using an PC) Please help :cry:
  • Options
    xCamTamxxCamTamx Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2013
    OMG MY STUPID GAME KEEPS SAYING MY EXPANSION PACK IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH MY SIMS 3 BASE GAME AND IM SO FRICAN TIRED OF IT UUUUUGGGHHH :evil:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mwm820mwm820 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    NO NEED TO WORRY!
    The same exact thing happened to me, but WAIT... Do not worry! What you have to do is easy. Just uninstall all of the EXPANSION PACKS you downloaded (like Late Night or Ambhitions). Then, go to the regular Sims 3 which they refer to as the base game. Once you on that game launcher, then something will pop up asking you if you would like to update your game. Click 'ok'. Wait until it downloads (it may take a few minutes), then download all your expansion packs again. I hope I helped! Good luck and happy 'simming'.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well I had this same problem. And so I went to my Documents Folder. I clicked on Electronic Arts in the Documents folder then clicked Sims 3. Then I deleted this file in Sims 3 called version tag. And it was working again! Oh and I had to update it 2 times in a row since the first update didn't worl. That probably won't happen to you but if it does, repeat step 1 and try and update it again. Each update took me about an hour so it took me 2 hours total to get it back (Plus one more hour and one more update that I'll explain later). Just keep on trying to delete the file in Sims 3 called version tag until the update on the launcher works. But when you successfully do it, don't delete the version tag in the Electronic Arts<Sims 3 in your documents folder. If you go in and you lose all your progress on Sims 3, just log into your account. If you don't have an account, there's no way to retrieve your Sims 3 Family (If you don't want that, then try and find another way to get your Sims 3). For sims 3 users who have a sims 3 account, you have to quit and update the Sims 3 again and then when you're done updating try and log in (the log in screen below the picture of your family) and it should work and you get your Sims 3 family back!

Source (the first step was from here but the rest I did on my own and by the way I got this from EA Games): https://help.ea.com/article/version-incompatible-error-in-the-sims-3-launcher

Alternate Option (not sure if you'll lose your progress by doing this way instead and also my source was from the website above this text) (You have to get this file called OriginThinSetup.exe):
    1. Uninstall Origin

2. Restart your computer

3. Get the latest version of Origin by going to the link of the source and pressing the link on step 3 of the alternate option there

4. Make sure it's up to date

5.You can start playing

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Mugssie1998Mugssie1998 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I have tried every suggestion out there from uninstalling and re-installing my sims3 games all in order and it still tells me that my game is not compatible with the current sims3 expansion pack I have done this several times and I am at a loss.. I have tried everything someone please give me something useful? :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm afraid that you may have to not use your expansion go to configuration screen > software look the title of the expansion pack up in the list displayed
    high light it and click uninstall
    follow the on screen prompts and say bye bye to the expansion pack
  • Options
    flyingwerecatsflyingwerecats Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I'm having the same problem, the only expansion pack I have is Late Night. It all started after the most recent update.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Then prepare to say goodbye to your expansion pack.
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2013
    https://help.ea.com/article/version-incompatible-error-in-the-sims-3-launcher

If you are seeing an error in The Sims 3 Launcher that says 'Code Version is Incompatible,' don't worry.
    This error is usually caused by a file leftover after uninstalling The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff.

To fix the issue, follow the steps below:

1.Make sure you have downloaded the latest patch for The Sims 3 and expansions.
    2.Now, completely close any Sims 3 windows you have open, including the Launcher.
    3.Navigate to your Documents folder (My Documents in Windows XP).
    4.Open the Electronic Arts folder.
    5.Open The Sims 3 folder.
    6.Find the Version.tag file.
    7.Delete the Version.tag file.
    Don't worry about deleting the Version.tag file. This file will be re-populated by the game with the correct version once you re-launch The Sims 3.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, you might want to try reinstalling your version of Origin and loading the game from there. To do this:

1.Uninstall Origin.
    2.Reboot your machine.
    3.Obtain the latest available version of Origin at: http://origin.com/eadm
    4.Open Origin to ensure that the program is fully up to date.
    5.Open The Sims 3 launcher.
    If there is another available update the laucher should prompt you to install it, ensuring that all your products will be properly in synch.

If launching from the resinstalled Origin doesn't resolve you issue, please create a thread in The Sims 3 Tech Discussion Forum with as much information as possible to help us troubleshoot the issue. Please include:

•Products instlalled (base game, World Adventures, High-End Loft stuff, Ambitions, etc.)
    •The version of each product.
    •The version of each product may be found by opening the skuversion.txt file located in the corresponding folder for the base game or expansions.
    •DXDiag
    •Directions for retrieving a DXDiag are available here.

Please don't troll!!!!!!
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pagounis wrote:
    https://help.ea.com/article/version-incompatible-error-in-the-sims-3-launcher

If you are seeing an error in The Sims 3 Launcher that says 'Code Version is Incompatible,' don't worry.
    This error is usually caused by a file leftover after uninstalling The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff.

To fix the issue, follow the steps below:

1.Make sure you have downloaded the latest patch for The Sims 3 and expansions.
    2.Now, completely close any Sims 3 windows you have open, including the Launcher.
    3.Navigate to your Documents folder (My Documents in Windows XP).
    4.Open the Electronic Arts folder.
    5.Open The Sims 3 folder.
    6.Find the Version.tag file.
    7.Delete the Version.tag file.
    Don't worry about deleting the Version.tag file. This file will be re-populated by the game with the correct version once you re-launch The Sims 3.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, you might want to try reinstalling your version of Origin and loading the game from there. To do this:

1.Uninstall Origin.
    2.Reboot your machine.
    3.Obtain the latest available version of Origin at: http://origin.com/eadm
    4.Open Origin to ensure that the program is fully up to date.
    5.Open The Sims 3 launcher.
    If there is another available update the laucher should prompt you to install it, ensuring that all your products will be properly in synch.

If launching from the resinstalled Origin doesn't resolve you issue, please create a thread in The Sims 3 Tech Discussion Forum with as much information as possible to help us troubleshoot the issue. Please include:

•Products instlalled (base game, World Adventures, High-End Loft stuff, Ambitions, etc.)
    •The version of each product.
    •The version of each product may be found by opening the skuversion.txt file located in the corresponding folder for the base game or expansions.
    •DXDiag
    •Directions for retrieving a DXDiag are available here.

Please don't troll!!!!!!
    You basically just said my tip for the incompatible error. Lol we had the same source.
  • Options
    RhysyrawrRhysyrawr Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    why isnt there professional help on this forum :/ tsk tsk tsk ive had sims 3 for like a week its glitchy as hell ive got a brand new mac ...i tried installing high-end loft with no luck i brought both the base game and the expansion pack at the same time from the same shop
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Rhysyrawr wrote:
    why isnt there professional help on this forum :/ tsk tsk tsk ive had sims 3 for like a week its glitchy as hell ive got a brand new mac ...i tried installing high-end loft with no luck i brought both the base game and the expansion pack at the same time from the same shop
    Sorry we were not good help.
  • Options
    simlish46simlish46 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Same thing happened to me. Whenever it says I can update I don't (that way I can still play the game)until there is a new sims 3 game I want to purchase. Then when you go to install it will say that you have to update the game and then it will install. Once you do that you will be able to play the game aferwards with the new update. I've been doing it for two years.

Hope this helps. :wink:
  • Options
    nicoleemmerton93nicoleemmerton93 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Can anyone tell me what the base game is?
  • Options
    Dahling101Dahling101 Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    The wierd thing is that I don't have any expansion packs what so ever and I still get the error but it says that it is up to date at the same time I am thinking of reinstilling the base game and see what happens... :/
  • Options
    26491232649123 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2013
    help please I had to reinstall my base game and expansion packs but now my base game doesn't work right I cant create sims or if I do the males cant have different hairstyles cuz the hair slider wont open and my expansion packs wont work I tried to reinstall it AGAIN but it wont work nor show in my game launcher help please help :(:(:(:( :?
  • Options
    ThewhitestormThewhitestorm Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    same thing happening apart from I HAVE NO EXPANSION PACKS!!!!!!
    Just gna install one now and see if it fixes the problem, i hope to god it does, i did bare in mind just remove sims because of the problems it was causing me im just hopining the things i do fix it, i have backed up my families just in case though