Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims 3 Base Game is not compatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack.

I've gone through the different threads and still can't find an answer...

On my launcher I have it set to automatically update and sometime last week or so it said I needed to update my game so I did. And now whenever I open my launcher to go play my game it says Error: Your Sims 3 base game is not compatible with the current Sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via game launcher. But whenever I go to update it, it says your game is up to date. I have High-End Lofts, Barnecle Bay, & Outdoor Living. It says that
the sims 3 is: 1.19.44.010001
high-end loft is: 3.10.4.010001
& Outdoor living is: 7.3.2.011031
I saw where some people have said to go to technical problems and to click the link, and I have done that before I came here and waited and waited for it to finish to find out that it just made another higher update.

I don't know what to do and need someones help!!I'm in dyer need of it!! I think i'm having withdrawls from my game!! PLEASE HELP ME! :!: :cry::cry::cry:

Comments

• jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited July 2011
    you have to make sure you have them all installed in order of when they were released. I had this issue with my son's game and when I contacted tech support that is what they told me so I had to uninstall all of his games and re install them.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• 890533890533 Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    im having the same problem
  • Anabee344Anabee344 Posts: 223
    edited July 2011
    They might need to be installed in order. You can also try to change the reigonal code; which I doubt helps, but it can't hurt to try!
    You can just let me know if you need help changing the RC.
  • CaliLizardCaliLizard Posts: 171
    edited July 2011
    Anabee344 wrote:
    They might need to be installed in order. You can also try to change the reigonal code; which I doubt helps, but it can't hurt to try!
    You can just let me know if you need help changing the RC.

Im having this same issue but I did install them in order please let me know if this worked for you! I only recently had this issue when doing the latest update, now it tells me I need to update but the launcher says my games are up to date, Im mega confused.
  • HogsterHogster Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    OMG, I cannmot do this. My Sims 3 game says that it is imcompatible with the expansion pack. It said that you have to update it but nthere is nothing else to update! AHHHHHH, HELP ME!!!!! :cry: :x
  • kaylapearlkaylapearl Posts: 207 New Member
    edited August 2011
    back up saves.

make copy of mod folder and put somewhere else.

uninstall all games.

reinstall in order of release.

get game updates.

problem fixed.
  • Nezz1151Nezz1151 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    thank god im not the only one with this issue. i havent played sims in forever cuz i broke my old comp. and i just got a new one yesterday and it was working fine and now its saying my base game isnt compatible! and i installed it in order. im going crazyyy i want to play already. any suggestions?
  • DancepoppyxxxDancepoppyxxx Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Thats what happened with mine it isso annoying I mean all we have done is update the game GRRRRR
  • lucymangan1lucymangan1 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Exactly the same thing is happening with my games! I just bought The Sims 3 again (broke the last oops) re-installed the expansion packs but it said there is an error -_- I tried installing the games in order but it isn't working still, anyone try anything else?
  • TenderTrinaTenderTrina Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    I have this same problem but I only have one expansion pack and after I press ok to the error message it doesn't load anything. Can anyone help me?
  • TenderTrinaTenderTrina Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Also I uninstalled the Expansion pack and it still doing the same thing.
  • saribousaribou Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    happening to me too, it sucks.
    I have bought items from the store and I am scared that when I uninstall the items from the store are going to be deleted.
  • BlueZnowBlueZnow Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I just installed my game last week after my old computer broke, and now I'm trying to install Generations. The installer said that the EP might be incompatible with the game update, so I made sure my base game update was recent, and now the Generations installer is stuck "installing file 27 of 79" and has been that way for a few hours now. I can't play the game, because it's trying to install an EP, and I can't cancel the install, force quit the installer, or eject the disc, so I can't play or do anything else.

P.S. I'm using a mac, if that helps at all
  • MyButtHolaMyButtHola Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2012
    BlueZnow wrote:
    I just installed my game last week after my old computer broke, and now I'm trying to install Generations. The installer said that the EP might be incompatible with the game update, so I made sure my base game update was recent, and now the Generations installer is stuck "installing file 27 of 79" and has been that way for a few hours now. I can't play the game, because it's trying to install an EP, and I can't cancel the install, force quit the installer, or eject the disc, so I can't play or do anything else.

P.S. I'm using a mac, if that helps at all

-Same thing is happening to me, someone please advise on what to do!
  • gabbymunoz89gabbymunoz89 Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Hi I am having the same problem I am going to uninstall everything, I will then install the sims 3 alone then Update the game..play for a min then add the expansion pack. I will lwt you guys know if it works ! crossed fingers hope it does!! :?
  • gabbymunoz89gabbymunoz89 Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    AS i said before I will test my theory then reply and guess what it worked!!! so yes unistall everything then installl sims 3 base then update ! make sure its updated then add expansion packs in order !
  • JOHNjohn2299JOHNjohn2299 Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    IM HAVEING THE SAME **** PROB AS THE OTHERES I HAVE GOT IT UP YO A 8.0.152.011100 AND THIS HAS TO HAPPEN TO ME 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I HAVE WORK TO DOA ND YALL CANT FIX THIS **** MESS *** IS WRONG WITH U EA WORKERS CANT U FIX THIS GOD **** MESS
  • AmazingCookiesAmazingCookies Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    OMG!!! My Design and High-Tech Stuff* pack is NOT installing! Its annoying me so much! Does anyone know what on earth to do? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • AmazingCookiesAmazingCookies Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    "OMG!!! My Design and High-Tech Stuff* pack is NOT installing! Its annoying me so much! Does anyone know what on earth to do?"

Im kk with it now for the people with the same prob go onto: Start>Computer and the sims icon sould be there double click it and it will start to install!! :D :thumbup:
  • mabrouka24mabrouka24 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    try calling customer service they helped me :-)
  • niknikfishieniknikfishie Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I DONT EVEN HAVE A FREAKING EXPANSION PACK DOWNLOADED AND I HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!! I just got the game yesterday and I have only gotten as far as trying to create my Sim. :evil: Then my computer restarts itself and nothing is saved. I have reinstalled 4 times, and nothing works. HELP!!!!!
  • queenmeg8queenmeg8 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    NOOOO!!! My game says the exact same error message, and i have updated it, and i just bought the game today! i only have one expansion pack and thats the Late night one! i cant even get into the game... Like to get into the actual game, the launcher only pops up :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • lettierikatsims3lettierikatsims3 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    OMG WE PAY ALL THIS MONEY FOR SIMS AND IT DOESNT EVEN WORK!!
    :x :x
  • moonpiegirlmoonpiegirl Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Ik u all of u are having the complete exact prob but all you gotta do is click start -->and then can u see the sims 3 icon (only the base game) DOUBLE CLICK it! and then something is ganna say a software update is available update it and everything will work out now the current eps i have are : late night; ambitions; world adventures;pets;generations;showtime;disel;outdoor living thts it ! :D

enjoy playing sims!
  • Riney83PRiney83P Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I have become extremely fustrated I recently purchased Katy Perry's Sweet Treats expansion game from Origin and when I went to install it my Sims launcher said that I needed to update the Sims 3 base game ,in which i try to do so but my laucnher said it was unable to connect to Origin. I have tried everything from unstalling all my games, uninstalling Origin and reinstalling them all. I checked to make sure all my ports were open and that my firewall wasn't blocking anything. Please help