Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World : Elmira City by SimRealtor

SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
Welcome to Elmira City! Sims who dream of enjoying both the busy night life of a city and the quiet setting of a rural town will enjoy living here! This world has the best of both without being able to see each other so you can have your cake and eat it too! This world is fairly large without being so large that it is difficult to navigate. It has a campground, mobile home park, houses on the beach and plenty of residential areas! Save file available for download.

There are some lots reserved for future EP lot types. Additional lots will be uploaded and featured on the world's homepage.

Requirements: Sims 3 + Ambitions + Late Night + Generations
World Size: Large
Empty Lots: 28
Total # of Lots: 120

http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_ElmiraCity.html

Screenshot-307.jpg

Screenshot-431.jpg

Screenshot-432.jpg

Screenshot-433.jpg

Screenshot-434.jpg

Screenshot-435.jpg

Screenshot-436.jpg

Screenshot-439.jpg

Screenshot-440.jpg

Screenshot-443.jpg

Screenshot-444.jpg

Comments

• Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh, wow! It looks great. I am definitely downloading it when you done.
  • Options
    TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited June 2011
    Looks VERY cool!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'll take it for a spin for YOU SR.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Thank you all :) I was actually playing the game when Generations came out and I found myself wanting to transfer from the city into a small town without being able to see the city... thus Elmira City was created. Looking forward to getting it finished and out this weekend!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SR - so far - so good. I did get a major freeze but I know it wasn't your worlds fault - it's that darn new chemistry table from Generations, as i have now had it do that in three different worlds and unfortunately it is a hard freeze I couldn't get out of. It only happens the first time it is used on a lot, but I think it has a problem with CAW worlds as all three world were CAW worlds - and two I had been playing a long time with no problem. But when I used the thing in one of EA's world s it didn't do that. So I have not figured out whats going on with it - but before that happened i had 4 roommates in a house and covered all the skill classes between them and four different careers. I had played the sims for two sims week without any lag or anything - then one of the sims wished for that chemistry set. The minute he spun into that chemistry out it froze - which also confirmed to me that chemistry set is buggy.

Tonight i will restart and make sure no body gets that thing and make sure it does not do that again. I had played the household like I said 2 sims weeks - so I will definitely strive to get past that spot just to make sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Awesome well thank you for checking that :) Did you find the world easy to navigate and find things for the most part? Any cosmetic issues or anything like that?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SR - I am still getting a major unstoppable hard freeze when some major achievement like getting engaged, mastering gardening or some happens to trigger the Generations memory system and it does not come out of it. I have to use Task manager to get out. I have no clue though why and have only had that happen in one other world I tested a few days ago where the creator has not updated to Generations yet. I thought it was the chemistry set doing it - but I had it happen with 2 more households for 2 seperate reason and in all cases it was triggering the memory system from Generations. There's no getting out of it either - you have to use task manager.

Some of your apartments have negative price tags. I recall in WA a negative price tag would glitch a lot - not just the house - but i have no clue how it will affect Apt - but they have a 0 price for furnished and a minus price for unfurnished. You also have a few places showing that long EA name with the number and world in them - so you will need to give them a proper name.

But other than the hard freezes with Generations related things the world played fab, was easy to navigate, is well laid out, and does not appear to have any misplaced trees or tears.

I cannot check any further as I can't keep letting my maching freeze up on me like that - so you might have some people without Generations to test it further - that is providing you don't have Generations. If you do, then I have no clue..

ETA - in the meantime I'm going to see if I can't find out as to why Generations things are making it do that. Maybe some of the modders have seen something - as I think it may be in relation to the new way we start the game with the new exe as that is the only thing i see mentioned in the log on all three occassions is that new EXE. Thing is i can't read all those codes so I have no clue what it is saying. If I find out anything I'll let you know.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't have WR problem and I have also generations. How strange...
    I am going to test your world some more later today. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Interesting... I haven't seen any other reports of a lag on MSR. I will look into it. If anything with the negative lot prices, that happened in Brooklyn Heights as well and I believe it was resolved by having more than just the skyscraper shell on the lot. I think... either way I will look into that as well. I am going into final build mode today in Elmira so, that will be the opportune time to look around as I know it has nothing to do with the routing paint - just looked at that. I will double check roads and sidewalks again though too.

Thank you for testing it as much as you did, WR :) I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would most certainly try it, Realtor, but I don't have GEN (yet). It looks great; I love the quirky road angles and it reminds me a tad of Brooklyn Heights. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, the only thing that Generations adds is some furnishings and windows and park stuff. So, in theory you could actually still play the world you'd just need to replace those items.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In that case, I'd be glad to give it a go! :D And I'll report back tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi, :)

It looks beautiful, SimRealtor. I love all the different areas you made. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sorry, Realtor. It won't install at all. But I know why; I do not have the update. But I will get it soon, as well as GEN. So, when that comes, I'd be glad to try it! (and the other worlds that require GEN too ;) )
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    SR. it is not lag. Lag is little periods of hesitations - there is none of that in this world - so I knew it was not a routing problem at all. It actually plays smooth with zero hesitations.

It is a sudden great big freeze that disables everything. It is not the freezes people saw that Dep fixes, where sims stop and everything else goes on. It is nothing like that - it is a TOTAL CESSATION of anything working or moving as if someone suddenly pushed pause - the picture freezes, all the commands - everything freezes solid and you can leave it there for hours and nothing happens. The harddrive is not searching for an answer - like you see when something is incompatiable - it just stops period. If it was lag, you have the pc looking for solutions and the game will eventually either start up or crash. This will not do either. It won't crash, it won't start up, it is as if i shut off everything and left the last picture up I was looking at . When I shut it off in Task Manager - it shuts off instantly - no emptying caches - no nothing - just instant shut off. The only facts I have to go on is the game log error report which shows that new EXE - and other than that no other information. So it tells me is that EXE responsible. But the fact I play three other worlds without getting that with the same sims says it is not my pc or the game itself, but a combination of factures that is somehow creating a virtual - STOP GAME - as if it has been massively paused. It is one of those instances one does not know who to consult - the world maker, the game maker, or my pc tech. The fact I cannot duplicate this action in any other world so far leads me back to your world where it is guaranteed to happen. Last night I loaded 10 worlds of various sizes just to see if it would do that using the same sims I used in your world - but so far i have checked out 5 of them and even Stw big Sand point does not do this nor does RFlongs new Little Legacy Island do this.

But i loaded up besides those two - Awesome Cove, Grey Meadows Island, Positano Italy, Plum Grove, Riverdale, Green Valley, Small World, Sunset Valley Second Edition, and rflongs redux Mone Key's Island. Half I have played and passed the same challenges and had no freeze with the same sims.

But for regular worlds I play I have Broken Hearted Island, Mesa Valley, Mesa Island, Longview, Longview II new version, Picaroon Island, Plunder Island, Harmony, Red Desert, and Two Mile Island. I play each of these several days during a two week period and have tried all of them since I got in Generations but EA's worlds and two of these. I have another one two I have removed that was a regular because the World Editor messed it up, but even in that one that had lag due to the world editor I did not get this freeze. It is possible it might be all those zero and negative prices on apts or the misnamed lots perhaps, as I cannot find anything else wrong with this world. THERE IS ZERO LAG though, so looking for lag where none exists is sort of strange. This is not lag. It's major shut down only the game does not have enough oaf to shut off or something. If it shut off i could call it a crash, but it isn't even that. The crash analyser does not see any crash - but I certainly can't move.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Hm... well, this would certainly be the first report of this. Writin, could I ask you a favor? Once I release the final version, would you mind checking to see if it still does it? I have a few theories as to why this may be happening that would be fixed with a final version. If not, I would totally understand :) I will post a blog note about this issue to see if anyone else has it when I release the final.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sure. I will try once more - hehehe - what the heck. After all the good times you have supplied us with worlds - I owe you anyway - big time. Be glad to try - because quite frankly I fail to figure it out. Don't i hate that?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Simrealtor - I just read where Tangie had the identical thing happen in another world she was testing (Geminiagrees new world)- or at least it sounded identical. In her case she sent a Sim to Egypt (she was testing travelling in that world) and ended up in a hard freeze when the memory thing was triggered by that sims first trip. I don't know if she checked her logs, as she didn't say - but how much you wanna bet it shows some mention of the new exe in there. But anyway because she had seen my report on here about using Task manager to get out, she did the same. Then she went back in the world and again sent that sim to Egypt, and this time when the memory thing went off it did not freeze.

So, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the issue itself - I am about 98 percent sure this is not necessarily specific to any world - so it's not your fault and probably not anything you can do about it; but suggest to users to retry the world again. It may be a combination of factors that is creating a stop game freeze - but the main one seems to be the new memory system in a brand new world. I don't know about your world, but I know a lot of creators will not install a new ep or update when they are close to their world being finished - then a tester like me comes along with all eps and all updates and tries the world and introduces a bunch of foreign stuff -( commands and stuff from EA no less) that this world has absolutely no information on including a new exe - and when one of the new - and major commands like the memory system is triggered - it goes against what was initially programmed into the world - so it just freezes. It does seem if players do not respond to the trigger - the thing that comes up when you get a new memory to record it, and instead just play the world without hitting that trigger may allow time for the world to be fed the information from the game engine it needs so it can handle all these new commands.

Now I am thinking perhaps if the creator has the new ep and new update and plays their own world and then put the world up for download - it might instill in the world the new information - but then I also do not know if you have done this or not. If you have, then that throws that theory out the door. Because Tangie said her second time repeating the same steps did not cause the freeze - which suggests that in her game this world now has the new information it needs to process what it couldn't process the first time just by her playing it.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense at all to you, as I am still going through this in my head and trying to put two and two together -

I also believe I might know why the other worlds i installed to test didn't do that, as not one of them did I click on the memory thing if it was triggered, as I just wanted to see if any would just freeze by doing normal stuff. Either that or because I did not play them long enough - as a few were not worlds I was asked to test or that I would have been interested in anyway. So still trying to figure it out, but rest assured it seems to be more a game configuration problem with the new ep and update over any thing.

Just wanted to keep you abreast anyway. Let me know when the final is up - i will still give it a run through because quite frankly I want this new world of yours anyway. hehehe - So I want it to work probably as much as you do. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Elmira City is updated and available for download! A populated save file will be uploaded to MSR soon! Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    *Bump*
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited June 2011
    I Love it :)
    It's a very beautiful world, SimRealtor.
    I will defiently be downloading this :D

Peace Out :P
    Fordee
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Fordee - I am really pleased with how it turned out :)
  • Options
    ImAbushWookieImAbushWookie Posts: 176
    edited June 2011
    cool world!
    Just wish it was populated more!
    I wish more world makers would populate their worlds before releasing, like los anigeos
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sim Realtor - so far so good. No repeat freeze yet anyway. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Ran the world for over an hour and it runs beautifully for me. So what ever was going on before has definitely left and I ended up forgetting to turn off memories, and held my breath when the first one came up in your world, low and behold it went through with no problem that I could see. I will try to get more time in there tomorrow but I have to agree it sure looks like a final to me anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!