Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If red means bad and green means good...

...what does black mean?

You know how need bars are normally one part green/red/orange/yellow and one part empty? The empty part is now black...
purple_flowers_39.jpg

Comments

• Options
    emilyfentyemilyfenty Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited June 2011
    vampire?
  • Options
    overcookedburgerovercookedburger Posts: 2,152 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have no idea why that is happening. Maybe your game is glitching between the transformation of a vampire.

show me a pic,
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    Do you have a pictures of this
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited June 2011
    mine is blue
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    BebsieBebsie Posts: 5,365 Member
    edited June 2011
    Has it ever been a vampire or is becoming one?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ..Waiting for photo.
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited June 2011
    I can't take photos that include stuff like the need bars and moodlets.

And it has nothing to do with vampires, as I don't even own Late Night...
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2011
    To take a screen capture, hold down the Shift key and the Prt Scrn/ SysRq button (it's next to the F12 button) at t6he same time.

Hold down Alt and Tab at the same time to minimize your game.

Open any photo or art program.

Then either select Paste from the menu or hold down the Ctrl and V keys at the same time. There, you have to picture!

To show us the screen shot:

Save the file and upload it to a free picture hosting site (like Photobucket). After it is uploaded, select 'Copy Url'. Respoind to this thread and paste the url and we will find the photo.
  • Options
    emilyfentyemilyfenty Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited June 2011
    hmm strange. you got any custom content/mods installed?
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited June 2011
    Schweighsr wrote:
    To take a screen capture, hold down the Shift key and the Prt Scrn/ SysRq button (it's next to the F12 button) at t6he same time.

Awww....I tried this and I still get a black screen when I go to paste it into a paint program. :( I was really hoping this would work for me... :(
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    StrawBerry0977StrawBerry0977 Posts: 163 New Member
    edited June 2011
    If black then your sim is probably a vampire . :?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No.. Schweighsr your wrong. To take a screen picture do this

press PrintScreen next to the backspace key. Simple as water.
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Use the snipping tool. Somebody gave me the advice to use that.
  • Options
    BabydollRochelleBabydollRochelle Posts: 232
    edited June 2011
    That happened to me too, it was because I was using a mod which wasn't compatible with the current game version. If you use mods, remove them and see if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited June 2011
    Is this guy an Imaginary Friend possibly?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Schweighsr wrote:

Awww....I tried this and I still get a black screen when I go to paste it into a paint program. :( I was really hoping this would work for me... :(

Then don't use full-screen mode (in options), then prt sc will work.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't have vampires or imaginary friends. I only have WA, that's the only EP, and I hardly even use it.

I'd try print screen, but I've tried it before and it only gives a black screen.

Is it something in the new patch?
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Do you use mods?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes, yes I do. I deleted both my Twallan mods, and intend to re-install the new, updated versions. I have some others, though I would have to check which ones I have.
    Is it their fault? *dramatic gasp*
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    jericho13jericho13 Posts: 960 New Member
    edited June 2011
    In my experience, black needs bar means something has glitched.

I had this happen once, where the empty part of the bar was black. Poked around for a bit trying to figure out what the problem was, and never could find anything.

Then I noticed that my sim was 3,642 days until Adult. On Normal lifespan.

Something happened, and the problem was in one of the mods I was using. Oddly, the mod that was the problem had absolutely nothing to do with time/agespans or needs. I reinstalled my game to fix the problem.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    jericho13 wrote:

I had this happen once, where the empty part of the bar was black. Poked around for a bit trying to figure out what the problem was, and never could find anything.

Something happened, and the problem was in one of the mods I was using. Oddly, the mod that was the problem had absolutely nothing to do with time/agespans or needs. I reinstalled my game to fix the problem.

My Sim has over two thousand days until Adult, but she's on Epic lifespan. What mod was it?
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't have vampires or imaginary friends. I only have WA, that's the only EP, and I hardly even use it.

I'd try print screen, but I've tried it before and it only gives a black screen.

Is it something in the new patch?

Go to options and un-check fullscreen mode, then use prt sc, it will work now.
  • Options
    jericho13jericho13 Posts: 960 New Member
    edited June 2011
    jericho13 wrote:

My Sim has over two thousand days until Adult, but she's on Epic lifespan. What mod was it?

WooHooer: Kama Simtra.

Pinpointed the mod through process of elimination. Everything was fine until that mod was installed, then it went bad again. There's nothing in that mod that would have caused the game to behave like that, which is why it was so strange.
  • Options
    brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited June 2011
    clubers wrote:
    Schweighsr wrote:

Then don't use full-screen mode (in options), then prt sc will work.

That worked! Thank you so much! For 2 years no one was able to help me fix this, and it was sooo simple! 60.gif
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes, yes I do. I deleted both my Twallan mods, and intend to re-install the new, updated versions. I have some others, though I would have to check which ones I have.
    Is it their fault? *dramatic gasp*

Yes, it's definitely a mod. Remove all of them and add them back one by one to find the problem one. The Twallan ones should be ok if you have the updated version.