Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch - LN to 6.5.1

Hi, :mrgreen:

The launcher just updated my game- or NL- to 6.5.1 and now CAW works. Awesomeness. . .

Just thought I'd let people who do not have Generations know.

**I do have the LAA so I don't know if it's needed and I am running it as administrator. :D

*** And yet- CAW opens but it will not open EIG. It opens the Launcher when the EIG is clicked. :(

Comments

• Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    Wait.. so you downloaded the GEN patch and then this LN patch? And it works? Deadly :)

I might get this patch now... 8)
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited June 2011
    Actually, I was reinstalling my games to try and fix an upload error when I caught the Generations update. I didn't want it and I'd never have installed it until I knew or got Generations. :lol:poke.gif

I caught this one downloading from the store- my old stuff- and I thought, "why not, nothing else can go wrong."

And I had to try CAW to see- well, it opened! Woot. 52285-raposaani.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That's good news! :mrgreen: I hate patches & CAW; it's always so messy and the worst really can happen :lol:
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hoorah! Three cheers for the mighty Rflong!
    I never understood the nucleous, nuclear, nukem thingything question you asked before? It went right over my head :?
    I was supposed to get Generations today but the postie offered only spam mail. I haven`t installed the new patch yet, I think I will install it tonight. So, seeing as I still don`t have Generations (think Charlton Heston`s reaction at the end of the original movie The Planet of the Apes), I will at least get a chance to play a wee bit :D
    Nice!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I've opened Longview and will go into EIG and see how it works now... *fingers crossed* :D

Don't do it Johnny!~ It only opens the launcher for EIG.... *Cures- foiled again* :(
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Now I`m nervous too :?
    Okay Rflong, I`ll hold off installing the patch :wink:
    This is a total drag! :evil:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah... I'm sorry. I had my hopes up. :lol:

**You know what? I"m gonna redownload CAW with the new patch in an hour-in case they're uploading a new one, and see if EIG works then. poke.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    S`okay Rflong. It`s more of a drag for you at the moment, which is a complete drag in itself. Actually, I just opened the launcher and for the first time a software update is available. I was thinking I`d have to manually download and install the Generations patch (I was holding off doing so), but I don`t know if the software update on the launcher is the Generations patch or another update?
    Darn, this game is confusing sometimes :|
    I`m just going to leave well alone until I know CAW and EIG saving are working normally again. I haven`t played the game for a while, so it`s no great shakes.

Oh Rflong, why must we CAW users suffer like this :-(
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I heard simrealtor had the same problem with EIG. Did she ever fix it? Auntielynds has the same issue aswell. Hmm. Well, I suppose it's not the end of the world. I mean, you can still use CAW and then send it in-game to build. At least it opens!! :lol: I don't think I'll get the patch now :oops:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's not quite the same. They can get EIG to open- I got the Launcher. :lol:

Yes, they close CAW once EIG is open, save, close EIG, and then open CAW. It's supposed to have saved the CAW files.

I am passing alone what I think I read and not any actually experience with it. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I read Simrealtor`s post about closing CAW and keeping EIG opened so that EIG will save. It`s an option I suppose. I`m not holding out for a guru to come down from on high bearing gifts of any kind of information about this situation.

Och! It`s never easy is it? :|
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2011
    Johnny - if the update says it is the 1.22.9 patch (or 8.01.5.2 also)- that IS the Generations one.The first patch I listed is for updating the base game to Generations. The one in the parenthesis is for the Generation ep itself. You do not want either of those unless EA has fixed the CAW update - because either of those as well as the LN 6.2.4 patch will make your CAW like Rflongs been going through.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Johnny - if the update says it is the 1.22.9 patch (or 8.01.5.2 also)- that IS the Generations one.The first patch I listed is for updating the base game to Generations. The one in the parenthesis is for the Generation ep itself. You do not want either of those unless EA has fixed the CAW update - because either of those as well as the LN 6.2.4 patch will make your CAW like Rflongs been going through.
    Reg, I`m leaving those patches well alone at the moment. I get my hopes up and then they crash down again. Technically, I`m not at the going into EIG stage for this new world just yet, so, it`s not as bad as it could be. But yes, my fingers shall go nowhere near the install button regards those patches :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    All this number/patch talk is so confusing.. :oops: So 1.22.9 patch or 8.01.5.2 are the ones not to get? That's it. I'm staying away from my launcher in case I click something! :shock:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes Connor - the 1.22.9 is what updates the base game to Generations level. The 8.0.152 is the Generation Eps update.

It seems - to me anyway that EA went a bit too far and made the base game update as if everyone was getting Generations. I saw over on that site we can't mention that CAW was updated but to match that stupid patch which if you update to it and the new CAW but don't have Generations then you end up having the problems Rflong and others now have. It also seems that even having Generations, Caw may still have a problem. I'm just not sure as there were only a couple of CAW users saying anything, and over there who even knows if their copy of Gen was legit. But my point was it was posted that the CAW and there is even a link there - is updated, but the date they gave it was 6/1 and does appear to actually require Generations because I guess in the programming they saw reference to the new way everything now links to the base game with that new exe - which from what I read seems you get activated by installing Generations.

I also must state though when ever I go over there my sense of comprehension goes out the door in a hand basket, so it is equally quite possible I misunderstood, but that seems to be what they were saying.

I only went over there hoping I could get a list of what fixes and things were actually in the patch because if anyone knows it's them, but the fixes seem as baffling to those posting as the rest of us. I guess we have to wait until "he who knows" speaks. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bricherreebricherree Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am apparently not lucky with this patch, every time I load my game it is as if I just started that game, all of the stuff I have done, the relationships, they are all reset! AND it keeps crashing! I fear I am going to have to uninstall and reinstall everything. Oh and the launcher keeps telling me that I have the update to download, but then I will try again in case it downloaded funky and it just says it is already installed! Why, I just finished school for the summer...I don't want to be trying to fix something I didn't mess up! :cry:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I had reinstalled all my games one at a time and updated each after I installed them so it wasn't a lucky thing, I lost a lot of stuff I had to go back and make sure I had also. I'm still having the upload problem too. :lol:

It might be worth it to uninstall and reinstall all your Sims 3 games. Once you install one, open the launcher and update it then move on to the next one.

I don't know if you have any CC but you can take it out, delete you cache files and start up your game.

At least this way you'll know it was tried... You can always let it install why you do other things. :)