Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realistic suggestions and ideas

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    BranterZBranterZ Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    I have had one idea that has been going through my head for a long time.

what if there was the ability for sims to pay to go back into create a sim mode?

this could have story line applications (i.e. broken arms, liposuction), and these ideas could be just that a whole new line of ideas for stories.

please send back with your ideas
    HockeyMonkey020493@yahoo.com
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited October 2010
    BranterZ wrote:
    I have had one idea that has been going through my head for a long time.

what if there was the ability for sims to pay to go back into create a sim mode?

this could have story line applications (i.e. broken arms, liposuction), and these ideas could be just that a whole new line of ideas for stories.

please send back with your ideas
    HockeyMonkey020493@yahoo.com

We almost have this already. You can take a sim to a mirror, use lifetime rewards to reset lifetime wants, use lifetime rewards to reset a personality, and you can adjust the weight of a sim by either stuffing one's face or working out. The only thing you can't do is change facial shapes, skin color, and color of the eyes. Considering we got a fashion/makeover thing in Ambitions, I figure the plastic surgery chair lifetime reward isn't far away. With chest sliders, celebrities, and such in Late Night, it's possible that it will be attached to the expansion.
  • Options
    Texan21Texan21 Posts: 44
    edited June 2011
    I would like to see the collection catalog like in Sims 2. Most times, I set a room up based on the sets bought in the store and I don't know all the pieces that go to the set, so I would like to see that again. Sorry if some1 mentioned this already, but I don't feel like goin' through all of the pages.
  • Options
    muskotmuskot Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    It would be cool to include many more cool cars and that they could streeatrace in the mountains and be driving like crazy!
    It would be great to be able to make them do something cool, like skydiving. :mrgreen: 8)

AJ :thumbup:
  • Options
    muskotmuskot Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    This is an idea, how about making fantasy Sims exepel werewolves, vampires, elves, mummies, zombies and dragons.
    It would be so sweet 8) :D

Ps the last I said about cars, I mean cars of the anime series Initial D,something like an Mazda FD,ferraris and lamborghini gallardo that's what I'm talking about, drifting just be cool in town.
    The only car I thought was cool in the sims 3 Fastlane Stuff was Empire Eidolon.
    please! I would really like to have more cars in the sims 3!
    8)

AJ :thumbup:
  • Options
    CapriseCaprise Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It would be nice to add a microphone as a creative skill like sims 2 bustin' out.
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think an update should be released to bring changing tables back! Then if some didnt want a changing table, they wouldnt have to buy it. Make it like the washing machine and dryer, then its not a necessity. Have a mootlet so when your sim uses the changing table with their baby, the baby or parent could get a positive moodlet saying "comfy changing tbale" or "fresh diaper" ect
  • Options
    StofferoenStofferoen Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2011
    bring back the dancing stuff from TS2-Freetime but add more chooses like street dance (a combination of hip hop and b-boying) and classical (ballet, jazz and contemporary)

and have it as a job too.
  • Options
    newoangelnewoangel Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't know if it was already in that list or suggested (sorry for being to lazy to read), but something i would love is to actually have your sims be able to get a cold (like in sims 2) or the flu and call in sick for work, or even play hookie. Another idea would be for the daredevil trait to go farther. For kids, they could jump off stuff xD and teens could jump ramps with their bikes and then include the possibility of these things going wrong and include injuries (maybe a broken bone or bruises that eventually fade) Anyone agree?
  • Options
    StofferoenStofferoen Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2011
    i would also like to see some more options for bands, you should be able to assign a manager(and manager should be a job) and what the different band members should play, and you would need a singer (add singing as an job and their "instrument" should be a mic, you should also be able to go solo as an singer) the band or the singer would have the choose to record an album(with a music producer) , make music videos (where they would hire Dancers) or go on tour.

there should be different genre for movie stars/TV stars like horror, drama etc.. that they can choose to specialize in. (also TV stars should be able to stay TV stars and still do movies.)

college would be nice.

the occult job from Sims 2 University would also be nice.

adding jobs as Designers and models would be very nice!
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2011
    The realism that I would like to see is a clothing store, that I cango into with my sim, pick out, try on, and purchase clothes.

I really hate how they have access to every piece of clothes within the game dresser.

Same with food, books anything that is a venue rabbit hole. Don't mind rabbit holes that are for work. If work is at a shop, then they can just have a back door that the employee sim can enter.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SarahRain22SarahRain22 Posts: 67
    edited June 2011
    newoangel wrote:
    I don't know if it was already in that list or suggested (sorry for being to lazy to read), but something i would love is to actually have your sims be able to get a cold (like in sims 2) or the flu and call in sick for work, or even play hookie. Another idea would be for the daredevil trait to go farther. For kids, they could jump off stuff xD and teens could jump ramps with their bikes and then include the possibility of these things going wrong and include injuries (maybe a broken bone or bruises that eventually fade) Anyone agree?
    You know, I actually think this might be in the pipeline because I could've sworn I heard my sim cough and another sim sneeze the other day. It shocked me I thought someone was in my house at first, but it was my sim. :)

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, and if it has, forgive me. But I would love to see more traits added and more room for traits besides just the five...maybe like 7 or so.

And the traits I would like to see added are mischievous, spoiled, bratty, selfish, argumentative, Type A, Type B, curious, impatient, loquatious, dumb. Lol. Y'know traits that mirror real life more, and that would look really cute in toddler, child, and teen sims. They gave us rebellious which is cool. But it's not quite the flavor I had in mind.

For instance, a mischievous sim would be more likely to play pranks, break rules and curfew, and play hookie from school and/or work. A spoiled sim would have more mood swings and would be prone to tantrums. I don't know. I'm just throwing stuff out there.

A selfish sim would, I guess, be the opposite of a good sim. An impatient sim could always be tapping their foot during every activity. Argumentative, is pretty self explanatory. Type A sim would be super motivated and dedicated to EVERY task at hand, and a Type B would be the opposite. Curious sims would be more motivated to go out and look for stuff around town, AND get a higher mood buff when they've found something. Loquacious sims can't stop talking, at all, even to themselves. Lol! It might be a little annoying for the player but hilarious on the sim. And again higher mood buffs for great conversations/socializing. Oh and other sims could have an exhausted mood buff after having had a conversation with the loquacious sim.

And finally the one I want THE MOST, a dumb sim. The only trait that is somewhat similar is the absent minded trait, but again not quite the flavor intensity it needs to be. A dumb sim on the other hand would never understand what's going on or being talked about around them. Comprehension levels would be really low, like Chrissy Snow/Rose Nylund levels. They'd laugh/cry/get mad at all the inappropriate moments, and would need tutoring in school, and level up the career ladder slower. Also whenever they have conversations with other sims the other sim will always walk away confused. Lmao! This would probably be the FUNNIEST trait to have. And I desperately need it in my game so I actually can make me a Chrissy Snow and Rose Nylund, cuz they are awesome!

Further, I'd like to see these traits actually improve gameplay a bit (unlike daredevil which does virtually nothing) but do not have to directly affect the career or lifetime wish a sim takes.

Oh and more "just a job" jobs rather than career jobs, like burger flipper, mailman, waitress, bartender, or pizza delivery guy. For some reason I really want to put the Connor family, from the tv show Roseanne, into my game. But can't until we get a Bratty and/or Argumentative trait so I can make Becky, and a waitress job so I can make Roseanne. Btw, I just got all the expansion packs last week, and haven't been able to play all the game features offered just yet, but does anyone know if there's an auto mechanic career? If not, need that one too for Dan.

I know someone has made a career mod out there, but I don't think these jobs should actually be on a career track. Just jobs, as the name implies. Simple money earners, with no movement.

This is all just wishful thinking for now. And I know probably won't be on any EPs in the near future. But it is something for EA to think about come The Sims 4, yeah? *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    pwilliams642pwilliams642 Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would like to see a patch added where sims can visit diferent locations in the base game. i.e. if your sim 'lives' in sommertown, why can it not visit'barnicle bay' for a day?
  • Options
    SarahRain22SarahRain22 Posts: 67
    edited June 2011
    I would like to see a patch added where sims can visit diferent locations in the base game. i.e. if your sim 'lives' in sommertown, why can it not visit'barnicle bay' for a day?
    Or even move their household, from Twinbrook to Sunset Valley.
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited June 2011
    I want some more careers and some more locations. I think it would be neat if there were banks. I think there should be a banker career, janitor or cleaner career, librarian career and dancer career. And I think that they should bring back stores like clothing and electronic stores tat they had in the Sims 2. I wish that there were more part time jobs, like your sim could work in a clothing store or the careers like banker and cleaner could be part time jobs and not careers.
  • Options
    JKLEMONJKLEMON Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I would really like it if the golden tongue golden fingers ltw would be up-dated to include all music skills (eg if your sim maxed out the piano skill and the charisma skill the ltw should be fullfilled) After all those are golden fingers too.
  • Options
    veryweirdveryweird Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    There were so many replies on this forum that I couldn't read them all to find out if my idea was already on here, so I'm going to go ahead and post it. I think we should have the bills be more realistic than just getting your furniture repossessed, that never happens in real life. I think that if we miss the 1st round of bills than we get a notice that our electricity is being shut off, and so then we cant use anything that has to do with electricity until we pay the bills. then if we miss a second round of bills we get a notice that someone is coming to repossess your Sims car, and you don't get it back until you pay both rounds of bills, and then finally if you miss a 3rd round of bills it goes to the town view and tells us that because we missed three rounds of bills our Sims lost their house and they get $20,000 to buy a new house and start over. And i know some people will wonder why you would ever want to let that happen, but its all about creating an interesting story line.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Another thing that's been on my mind about the Sims 3, is that, if we had seasons, then we should have heaters and air conditioners for winter and summer. so if you didn't by a heater before winter then you Sims would have a negative mood-let for being "Too cold", and if you didn't buy and air conditioner before summer your Sims would get a negative mood-let for being "too hot". There could be central Air conditioners and if your Sims couldn't afford those then they could by fans for each room. same with Central heating, and buying space heaters. Also there should be water heaters and if you didn't have one your Sims would get a negative Mood-let for "cold water" I would love it if the game could much more realistic. like in the process of having a baby, you should be able to go the hospital and pay to find out the baby's gender and you should have to pay to have the baby at the hospital if you choose. the length of the pregnancy should be longer, and you should have the option of announcing the pregnancy as good news or bad news (Again with creating an interesting story line) and I'm all for teen pregnancy, there have been several times where I've wanted to create my life on the Sims but i cant because I'm a teen parent and that's not allowed on the Sims which is stupid.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Sorry about all of the posts but I've been putting a lot of thought into this and I have one more idea that would make the game more realistic, day care. nobody hires a baby sitter every time they leave the house, when the Sims leave to go to the store or something they should be able to bring their kids with them OR call a babysitter, and if they go to work then they should have to drop the kids off at daycare and pay at the end of the day one price for each kid, or hire a nanny for a higher price. There, I think that's my last idea...for now.
  • Options
    seismicmilkseismicmilk Posts: 606 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't think that the original poster is active on the boards anymore. This thread isn't active much anyway, since the first post (where she was editing everyone's ideas) hasn't been touched since 2010.

I decided to revive this thread on my own, using the ideas that she wrote out and added, as well as many other ideas.

If you're interested, the thread is here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/376506.page
  • Options
    SIMS3LOVR345SIMS3LOVR345 Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Id like a bigger list of interactions and activities for kids like what if they had dances and you could have a child maybe have a crush and ask them to the dance. not intamite :D just a dance to dance and have fun together at!! id also like to see my sims in school, the store, work places, etc etc. i agree on the nudge tool i also find my houses too close to the road and would not like to spend another half hour rebuilding my house that is usaully big and modern and whatnot. :)
  • Options
    whatpersonawhatpersona Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Here are some of my ideas that I really thought was needed Dx The music are the instruments have already been mentioned but there are others. The picnic tables are the most important for me :cry:

Picnic tables-I think it would be nice if the community picnic table have the options for me to click on it and then "Have picnic" like the new "Use stairs" option (the base game originally didn't let you do anything with stairs D: ).
    It's b/c my sims don't automatically eat from the picnic table when they're "Very hungry" and it's like food is available but they can't eat them, and then I get so annoyed b/c of that. Can I also place just the community picnic baskets like the ones in the central park in Sunset Valley?

Pets-Also more friendly interactions between pets in the pets EP. THe limited amount of socials made it impossible for my pets to make new friends besides their owners D: More pet items too, especially for dogs and cats toys/activities.

Sims looks-And the slider for "mouth height" could be lowered more. I always drag it to the far left and I still think the mouth looks too high D: And for female sims it would also be good if their jaw widths is wider. I always have to give the teen girls very wide jaws so that their adult selves have a more normal sized jaw.

Music and intruments-the guitar skill should be changed into music skill so that sims can play more variety of musics, and more song books for those intruments at the bookstores too xD

Clothing-I actually like putting on their underwears and then outter clothings :shock: . Maybe an underwear tab in all clothing categories and have clothing with layers like jackets and just not in one piece like that. I thinkss it's more realistic that way? And I'd also like a hair accessories tab that is separate from the hair.
    :!: I also like the feature in Sims Medieval where you can just drag the entire pallette and puts it in another object :mrgreen: It's kinda hard to describe but the Medieval preview showed it pretty well 0.0 Also the shortcuts for move ceiling and wall objects up and down and sideways like in Medieval xD

I also have too many other ideas too but I don't want to make this post too long Dx
  • Options
    eriseyseriseys Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I would LOVE to see sims be able to use wheel chairs! Everyone wants to be able to make a sim that looks like them, but a lot of people are on crutches or wheel chairs. The canes were a great addition in the Generations pack and I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate wheel chairs into the game. (And not only for the elderly, for everyone!)
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited July 2013
    eriseys wrote:
    I would LOVE to see sims be able to use wheel chairs! Everyone wants to be able to make a sim that looks like them, but a lot of people are on crutches or wheel chairs. The canes were a great addition in the Generations pack and I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate wheel chairs into the game. (And not only for the elderly, for everyone!)

The devs have already confirmed they will never, ever make the main series have sims in wheelchairs or on crutches.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited July 2013
    Galendae wrote:
    Well I know it's another "Bring Back" but I sort of missing being able to put soap in the fountains. :twisted:

Whaaaat?

Stop looking at me like that, I'm totally innocent..... :mrgreen:

You could do that!?!

I sort of want to look into buying TS2 now xD