Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realistic suggestions and ideas

RaithieRaithie Posts: 187 New Member
Note: by "realistic", I mean the potential for fitting it into a game. Ie, ideas that are possible to run on standard computers.

Although I love the sims 3 as it is, I admit there are a lot of things that I think could do with some more work. Post below your REALISTIC ideas that will actually be possible and would fit in with the game. Also, please make it readable and please don't turn this thread into a capslock rant about EA :P

Here are a few of my observations and suggestions...

-More clothes and hairstyles!
-Shoulder, waist and bust sliders. Quite frankly i'm sick of all my female sims having the exact same figure, bar the larger or smaller stomach. I think it would be quite feasible and I don't think it would interfere with the rest of the game too much.
-More social options. Although the traits have done a great job, I still think there should be some more. For example, the only advantage of having "great kissers" is they give a nice moodlet. How come there are only three kisses? "Shy kiss, kiss and make out." Come on, bring back the smooches! Lol.
-Memories! It would be handy to know what your sim got up to when you leave for another household.
-Dates. I think this is a must, they were quite fun before:)
-More items! My house looks so empty. Especially lacking in recreational items such as pianos... a grand piano would be nice:)

Also, I think it would be cool if sims were able to initiate more things outside of the home. Such as going to the park and meeting someone. And if young adults looked for partners rather than babies, that would be great lol.

Edit: I decided to improve this thread and compile some of my own favourite ideas and those that I found around the forum in an effort to make it easier to find them and hopefully, neater.

Reply and share your ideas - I'll edit the front page to include your ideas to ensure they are easily seen, without the need to shift through pages!

Ideas that I found around the forum, including some of my new ones...

Major changes.

-A glass Create a Style option. I guess this could prove to be difficult to incorporate due to the transparency, but I think I have seen a few glass objects working well. Glass decor helps to make the house look more modern and sleek, and I think it would be very interesting to work with.
-More sliders. I'm talking about sliders for the length and width of shoulders, hips, bust etc. Already mentioned in my own observations, but I feel it would better to compile everything in to two categorized lists.
-Walks. We can go on a jog, why not a walk? With the ability to power walk for exercise or a simple leisurely stroll around town with a friend who you could walk with. It would be a nice and different way to build relationships and you could have the interaction to hold hands, either for children or for partners.
-Trait exclusive facial expressions. I think it would be interesting if different types of sims had different facial expressions when socializing and flirting with other sims.
For example, a sim with the 'evil' trait might have a snide smile when flirting rather than the look of an ecstatic swooning teenager.
It wouldn't be too hard if there were just 2 or 3 dominant traits that decided their expressions or hand movements. The others could simply be default.
-Player assigned opinions. This is by far my favourite. It would allow for players to decide how much they like and react to another sim. Using a sidepanel or whatever, the player would decide if a sim develops a crush just by talking to another sim without approaching them romantically. This allows for unrequited love and infatuation, and allows a sim to still have feelings for another despite breaking up or catching them cheat. It simply gives more control to the player, if desired, and makes the game much more realistic and allows the player to watch an exact situation to pan out on screen, or just set some constants and watch the variables that happen due to the rest of the interacting neighourhood. For a more thorough and detailed explanation, click here.
-Fears. Simple, but it could prove to be interesting. Not the simple fears of the sims 2 that had relatively no impact on the actual gameplay, but actual fears chosen in Create a Sim mode.
-Hobbies. This seems to have begun to be introduced in TS2 Freetime, but I doubt it would have had too much depth to it. I think they could do a great job with hobbies in TS3.It would be fun to create car or technical fanatics, yes? Or maybe some hardcore gamers who want to build their own pcs? Surfers and skateboarders? I personally would really enjoy the ability to wash a car and spray other sims with the hose. Hydrophobic sims beware. :twisted:
-More social interactions and options. I want more! :( It would be fun to have more unique friendships rather than everyone revealing secrets and expressing their fondness. As I said above, more types of hugs, kisses and general social options. The ability to date would be nice, admittedly it's a 'bring back,' but what's fun is fun. I also miss the 'slow dance' interaction, it was perfect for more intimate occasions and was simply a nice little addition to the social scene.
-Apartment complexes. This is huge, I know. But it could be interesting to have more urban sims.
-Events.If you could host parades, have public speeches that you can actually see and set up yourself (the higher your charisma, the more sims your speech would attract), host an art exhibition in your home, host an autograph signing session outside your home if you're a celebrity(maybe you can already do this, I'm not sure), etc. As long as you could see the events. It would be a cool feature and a little boost to the game, methinks. The events could be available to you based on your career or in some cases, skills. It would be even more fantastic if random NPC sims could also host these and if the neighbourhood could organise parades and other possible events. It would make the town seem so much alive, interactive and help give a true story to the neighbourhood.
-First person view. This could be interesting. If you had the option to also see from your sims point of view. It would also help to get some nice camera angles, as sometimes it drives me crazy when I can't get the angle exactly right, because when I try to move the angle a fraction of an inch, it jumps so that my subject is barely even in the photo.
-Beach activities. We have a beach. What can we do there? Fish, talk or read. Hmmm... sounds very similar to almost every other community lot. What about volleyball nets, sandcastles, bodyboards/surfboards, speedboats or sunbathing blankets? And in case EA was worried we would swim to the lighthouse, there could simply be an invisible barrier not too far from the coast, but would allow us to have some fun boating etc. Maybe an ice cream stall could be located there? Or a surfboard renting stall... You got me, I love surfing! :P Anyway, more activities in general, the beach doesn't seem that special in comparison to the other lots.
-Camping. All this needs is a portable tent, or a small lot by the woods or somewhere, where there would already be a group of set tents that wouldn't be mobile. Maybe a little BBQ grill and a fire pit? Would be cool for the "Loves the Outdoors" trait. Ghost stories could be shared and marshmellows eaten.
-Stretching. I'm sick of building a house and then realising that I can't place a certain window or object in it if I want it to look symmetrical. If we could 'stretch' a window, it would be incredibly handy, I think. Maybe not with objects, as I imagine it would distort how it looks, but for simple things like windows or mirrors - it would be great.
-Easy split level homes. Maybe it's just me, but I can't make a proper split level home without some walls looking seriously distorted. If we could connect walls to foundations without having to resort to a cheat, and ofcourse without my lovely walls getting sliced diagonally or stretching crazily.
-Farm Animals. Although I'm not crazy about this one, it seems to be very popular around the forum so I'll add it here. Once again, we have hay bales, barns and troughs and one small thing is missing... the animals! Maybe the ability to become a farmer? It could be a stay-at-home job which puts the players in charge of everything. It could be a challenging option for the players, as they are the sole runners. And hey, you'd kill two birds with the one stone - atleast EA could then say there is one job where you can see your sim working. Don't forget things like tractors etc.
-Connecting neighbourhoods. This is huge, and it doesn't both me that much, but it seems to be quite popular among simmers. The ability to travel between neighbourhoods is certainly an intruiging idea. To bybass the massive size of this, one simple loading screen would happily suffice.
-[DONE]Town creator. I need to be able to design and create my own towns. I hate not being able to place down lots. It's extremely annoying.
-Accessible islands. This goes hand in hand with boating. If we could get a nice boat trip or buy a speed boat (or something bigger and fancier for the more opulent sims) and be able to travel to a small nearby island, it would be great. Yes, it would take a lot of work to make the sea accessible, but hey - it's worth it - right? This could also introduce things like waterskiing, wakeboarding, surfing etc. However, real waves would probably need to be introduced, and not just swash. I'm not asking to be able to swim for miles, a simple invisible barrier would be enough, as long as we could utilize the sea for more than fish.
-Height adjuster. This, I believe was introduced in Apartment life, and then we lost it again. The ability to select and vary the height of a painting or window would simply be fantastic.
-A new tab for family members. Currently, we have a tab for 'All', 'Visitors', 'Household' and one more methinks. Why not a seperate one for family? I have a habit of losing touch with my sim families once I move them out, so knowing they're safe in their own easily accessible tab, where I won't get distracted and ring someone else instead, is comforting. Agreed?
-Improved family tree. If we could see the entire family tree with a scroller for every sim, that would simply be PERFECT. As of now, I have to travel up the family tree by clicking on previous sims portraits. The option to create half-siblings, aunts, uncles etc., via Create a Sim would also be convenient if you have a specific setup or story in mind.
-Better socialization. I already mentioned this earlier about new social interactions - but it's true and it really needs to be emphasized. Not only new interactions like being able to introduce sims to others, having better group conversations, setting up other sims etc., but the entire social system could be greatly improved. Currently, I can meet a stranger and become their best friend or spouse in a day. This needs more work - and not simply slowing the social bar progress. It needs more in-depth types of relationships and reputations. The trait system should have more of an impact here. It would allow for more realistic or unusual social situations.
-Stackable platforms. This would make split level homes a hell of a lot easier. It's too tedious and frustrating messing around with cheats such as constrainFloorElevation. These also tend to end up with distorted walls where painting becomes a royal pain in the *** due to all sorts of glitches and walls becoming sliced diagonally. Stackable chairs wouldn't be too bad either.
-Building nudge. I don't know how many times I have built a house only to realise it's too close to the road to my liking. If we could simply nudge the house in entirety rather than destroying the house to move each wall individually. I can't see it as being overly complicated, but hey, i'm not a game designer. However, it would be an extremely useful addition and might save what's left of my sanity.

Minor changes or items.

-Motorbikes & scooters. This is pretty self explanatory, but it would be cool to create a biker or just a cheap option for fun transport.
-Alarm clocks that you can set. Handy for heavy sleepers ;)
-More clothes & hairstyles. This one is obvious.
-Clutter. Simple things like toasters, kettles, cushions, shelves, coat racks, board games and other household 'clutter' objects make the house seem more lived in and cozy. There are a lot clutter objects in The Sims 3, but the more the merrier, eh?
-Recreational items. For example more exercise machines so you can build a gym for the richer sims (punch bag, bench pressing, weights, etc.,) or a nice grand piano or drum kit. Table tennis anyone? Saunas? Trampolines? Gem cutting tables? Lilos for the pool? Sandboxes?
-General items. Spiral staircases - the current stairs are too big! Diagonal stairs. I have to an entire room dedicated to the stairs if I want a small house. Bunk beds and drop down beds would also be both space saving and fun as it would mean more of a variety.
-Laundry - but not mandatory. This could be cool, as long as it wasn't essential. If you could mop, hoover or wash clothes it would be cool for a stay-at-home parent or a maid, as currently the maids don't do much. As long as the house or clothes didn't become filthy if the work was not done, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would soon become bored of cleaning and either turn all my sims into slobs or have to hire a maid in every household - which I wouldn't like. If the home gave a nice moodlet after being cleaned but didn't actually become too dirty (maybe the colour could look slightly fresher or vivid for a few days and then return to normal, when cleaned).
-Memories. These provide depth to the characters as it enables them to have a past that you can ponder on. As mentioned above.
-More jobs. More career options such as teachers, professors, architects, photographers, actors, coders, game designers, dentists etc. I would like to see more of the non-mainstream jobs.
-Half walls, curved walls... curved sofas and tables to fit in the curved walls...
-Pranks. I recently discovered that you can prank your co-workers, but you can't see it! :( I would love to see the ability to prank call, cheat in chess and other games and other 'prankster' or childish activities.
-Death. I'm sorry, but more ways for sims to die would be ... fun?
-Accessories. Maybe backpacks, handbags, coats, scarves etc., that they could actually put on or take off? A coat rack would be a nice little item to go with this.
-Locked doors. It's a bring back but it's something that I got attached to; the ability to lock doors!
-A better nightlife. No, not TS2 expansion, but a better nightlife in general. The entire town pretty much closes down at 10pm. Maybe if there was a a community lot open from 10 onwards where single sims flocked to. Or a plaza that sims liked to gather later at night. Just something!
-The ability to advise sims who are sleeping over to go to bed. Many times I have had the sims I invited over wander around my house all night looking exhausted, without going to bed.
-Attraction meter. Basically turn on and turn offs. It may be a comeback, but to be honest it plays a large part in real life, so I don't see why it would be left out, I can't see it being that complicated. Maybe your sim doesn't like facial hair or couch potatoes, but loves to mingle with athletic folk or bookworms. Traits could play a nice part here.
-Invitations to parties. I'd love to see my sim getting invited to the odd house or wedding party. Currently, we can only invite. Why not be invited? An option could come up asking if we would like to attend one of your close friends parties, like the one for opportunities. It would be a fun way to meet other sims. Agreed?
-Car animations. Even though is doesn't make much of a difference to me, a lot of people have requested animations for getting in and out of the car, and driving out of the garage. If this comes back, why not bring back car woohoo as well? And heck, why not park on a curb. Last time I checked, I couldn't fit my car in my pocket. Or my bike for that matter.
-Children improvements. Currently, I find the baby and toddler life stages are extremely boring. Why not have strollers so you can take more than one at a time? More social options for adults to communicate with young 'uns, (I miss bathing...) eh, something that allows kids to do something with babies or todlers... etc. Things like rattlers, strollers and baby lotion are very popular among some of the female simmers, (mostly). Basically, more depth to the whole children area. As of now, it seems simply empty and ... loveless? :P
-Sims using their inititiave! Why do I always have to make the first move? Why do I have to initiate the romantic relationships (with regard to my sims), do the proposals, invite to stay the night or move in, host the parties etc. It's boring when I have to do all the work. A simple box popping up asking me if I'd like to accept so and so's proposal or party invite would be great.
-More notices. I know you can use mods to do this, but I prefer to play mod free. I would love to see more notices coming up on my screen about what's happening around town to random sims or relatives. Not just deaths, but marriages, new borns etc. I know you can check the newspaper, but it's tedious. Why not have a toggle so we can switch excessive notices on or off? They would be particularly useful for relatives, as currently, once sims move out - most of my sims lose contact with family very easily, too easily. An odd reminder or update to how they're doing would be great. Agreed?
-Auto placement toggle. Is it just me, or is this the most annoying feature possible? I'm trying to play a staircase in a specific place, and it takes me ten minutes to fix it to the exact area I want, because the game keeps spinning it in random directions. We really need a toggle to turn this off - it seriously drives me crazy.
-Auto roof fixes. I tend to not use auto roof, as it constantly insists that I must put a bugged roof on my lovely balcony. How about the ability to delete a specific part of a roof that auto roof made?
-Assigning rooms and objects. If you could assign a specific room or object to a specific sim, that would be great. Meaning, sims wouldn't use the room or object unless directed by me, the player, or in an emergency (eg a fire, in the case of rooms.)
-Party items and activities. More things to do for parties, eg. -a card table, board games, air hockey, water guns, hot tubs (I got attached :(), more dances, DJ booth, a proper group meal, where the sims remain seated if conversing. Heck, why not butlers and waiters? Group activities such as 'play with makeup' or something for our girly sleepovers, or 'group gaming'. Either lan parties or simple taking turns of gaming, where the other sims crowd around the pc cheering and awaiting their turn. A karaoke machine would be great for all ages. I'm sure there are better activities, but you get the jist - more things to do for parties!
-More takeaways. Why can't we get a nice takeaway from the diner? It would be convenient.
-Trait related clothing. As in, dirty, stained and torn clothing for slobby sims etc. More themed clothing in general, eg, goth, skater (skate shoes please), posh, emo, finglerless gloves for males,
-Sim voices. Yeah we change the pitch through sliders, but I find the 3 preset voices we begin with are... annoyingly similar. We need more options, such as husky, raspy, high (but not sounding like a mouse :P) etc., etc.
-Learning ages, favourite foods and colours. I don't want to say how many times I have married a townie to find out the next day they turn into elders, when my sim is barely a young adult/adult. We can learn of their careers and relationship status, why not their ages? It's simply too tedious to learn via the party planner. On countless occasions, my sims have also decided they wanted to cook a certain sim their favourite meal. One problem - unless you control the sim through the active household, you have no way of finding out what the hell it is. Same applies for the favourite colour. Currently, these new 'additions' simply do nothing to the game. Maybe sims could get a small bonus moodlet for eating a favourite meal, learn other sims favourite snacks through conversing and learn their favourite colour?
-New activities. For example; fencing, miming, shuffle dances, trees that our kids can climb, basketpall hoops, soccer goalposts, surfing, skateboarding, board games etc. Some of these I have repeated in other sections, but hey, repetition is the best emphasis.
-New recipes. Chocolate brownies, spaghetti bolognese, apple pie/crumble, blackberry crumble, lasagna, scones, shepards pie and others. More choices in general. Don't forget our snacks! Paninis, toast with beans, honey, sandwiches, shortbread. C'mon, give us the good stuff! And don't neglect my oven - I want to bake. On the subject of cooking and baking, why not give us some jars of honey, jam, butter etc. They could either be simple clutter for the kitchen, or actual interactive objects in which we could decide what type of sandwich if we wanted to be obsessively picky. They're both good, but the latter would obviously be my preference. For the people that don't like my pinicky obsession over having as much options as possible when it comes to my sims, they could simply go for the simple 'sandwich' option from the fridge, rather than going to the jars selectively.
-More traits. There will probably be new traits introduced with each expansion - but here are some of the ones we want to see. Shy (seriously, a shy sim may not be a loner - I don't understand why it was merged...), glutton, quick learner, easily bored (also shouldn't have been merged with childish), etc. I'm dry out of ideas atm.
-More parties. More party options such as family reunions (family portraits would be handy for this one), sleepovers for teens and kids (pillow fights etc), game parties (a group of sims coming over for one reason - sport, perfect for athletic sims). Ofcourse, more activities and interactions to make this specific parties more unique and not just another sim party with a different title. Simple things like watching dvds with a group or sims (dvd player please:))or have a poker night or have a proper and long lasting group conversation. More quick meal options such as popcorn and other snacks.
-Sims following agreements through. I'm sick of a townie ringing up my sim asking them to hang out, saying yes, and then having them not bother get out and go to them. If I want them to go out - I click the 'yes' button that comes up asking me! Why should I have to search every house in the neighbourhood to find this one townie? Please, when sims agree - let them follow it through themselves.

Phew... that was long. Anyway, remember to keep any patch or expansion ideas realistic! And for the love of god please don't just say "pets" or "university"... The sims 3 is NOT the sims 2! Let's keep it that way. I would rather something new than playing a slightly updated version of the sims 2... Try give uncontroversial ideas that will add more to the game and make it more customizable!

Keep replying and maybe this thread might get seen by EA...

Comments

• LollyTrotLollyTrot Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Why not have the grass grow?
    You could have lawn mowers then, and either mow it yourself... let the grass get really really tall, totally die out, get richly green, you could higher a teenage kid to cut the grass...
    there could even be a grass timer. so if you want your grass to grow you can set the speed, or have it go normally.. or if you really don't care. not have it grow at all and keep it the same painted look that we all know.
    and just I note.. I got the sims3 but am not able to play it yet. need to get my laptop back. so I don't know if some of the following already happens.
    And if I am correct should we be able to have plants grow inside. ^^
    What about an allowance for the kids?
    you could pay them to do the dishes.. or mow the lawn.. for good grades. etc.
    and are there sprinklers?or Bird baths? bird houses?

Just some ideas.. Im sure I have more if I get to think on it.. and its not like 7:15am lol
  • avoyamandaavoyamanda Posts: 85 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Great ideas! I also miss tipping the mailman! Tipping the babysitter would be great too! Or if you came home and found your kid hungry, stinky, or socially neglected you could have the option of scolding the babysitter and refusing to pay!
  • morgandude93morgandude93 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Perhaps an animation of the car backing out of a garage would be nice. I'll be honest, I was disappointed to see the car just warp onto the road in front of my sim's house. What's the point of a garage door if it doesn't need to open?
  • GalendaeGalendae Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well I know it's another "Bring Back" but I sort of missing being able to put soap in the fountains. :twisted:

Whaaaat?

Stop looking at me like that, I'm totally innocent..... :mrgreen:
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty good without the memories being back. Moodlets do it for me. But yeah, I guess moodlets + memories would be kind of cool. Depending on their personality/how you mix up their traits, they would "remember" certain things, while other things remain.. moodlets.
  • TheLighterDarkTheLighterDark Posts: 927 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Most of the stuff you mentioned are things from previous games that are highly likely to be released with EPs.
  • SongBird2384SongBird2384 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2009
    Most of the stuff you mentioned are things from previous games that are highly likely to be released with EPs.

well yes, but it sure would be nice to get some things (that quite frankly should have obviously been in the base game) delivered as a patch rather than something ELSE we have to pay for. I was very excited for this game and although I do like it, I am very disappointed with things like the hair options (no curly hair at all?! really?!?!) that should have been included in the price I paid already. EPs are fine and dandy, but for some of these things to wait until they decided to release one would be ridiculous. I can deal with the items thing, I can live with the pattern/color customization, and I can deal with everything else, but it really loses something for me when I think, "I want to make me and my husband....oh wait, I can't because there aren't any hairstyles that look like his hair so it would look weird." or, "I would never wear any of these clothes." or, "I look so unproportionate because I don't have a pear shaped figure IRL, i have an hourglass...i want cleavage!" it's little things like that that shouldn't HAVE to wait for an expensive EP....maybe, MAYBE if they released it such as the item bundle/clothes bundle CDs like TS2 that cost like $10...MAYBE I could settle with that. I understand that they are still a company and they need to make money, but I think things like this insult our patronage just a little bit...at the VERY least allow for custom content so the users can take care of the little things that they would like to add and then EA can continue to roll out the EPs as they see fit.
  • Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay, another "I'm annoyed $250's worth of Sims 2 stuff couldn't be achieved in $50's worth of Sims 3 stuff, despite the Sims 3 being much better" thread.

It's almost been a whole 10 minutes since the last one 8)
  • GraffitiCarlaGraffitiCarla Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Raithie wrote:
    Oh, and one more thing. I think it would be cool if you could split up or divorce without having to hate each other first.

Hmm...in my game they can. Maybe it's just me. I thought that was awesome, because in TS2 you'd basically have to get someone to cheat on the other before they could break up.
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if teens still get zits. They should get zits if they have the 'lazier' traits.

And I think they should have added more trait-involved content in the game, but all I can do is wait for the expansions.
  • julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes! Bust, stomach, and butt sliders. I was very annoyed when I saw that these didn't exist. Given, I love the variety of weight in the Sims 3 compared to the Sims 2, but people's bodies vary so much more.
    I think they should bring back vacations and downtown. There are a lot of places to go, but many 'fun' places to go.
    Memories. I want their life story back.
    More careers. I miss photography, art, architecture, oceanography, education. They need more variety.
    Seasons.
    Fame, fortune, reputations.
  • jadedsimsjunkyjadedsimsjunky Posts: 337 New Member
    edited June 2009
    People when you do videos run a spell check on your story to go along with it and refrain from using txting language. Its irritating! What do they teach you in school now? :roll:
  • RaithieRaithie Posts: 187 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    Yay, another "I'm annoyed $250's worth of Sims 2 stuff couldn't be achieved in $50's worth of Sims 3 stuff, despite the Sims 3 being much better" thread.

It's almost been a whole 10 minutes since the last one 8)

This is a suggestion thread for future expansions and patches :P I don't believe I complained that they were not already included.

Nice ideas! Keep 'em coming:)
  • BertybBertyb Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is there anyone chance we could get some DJ Equipment and a DJ career branch put into the game for the music career? i hate playing guitars :twisted:
    edited June 2009
    That would be cool. More music equipment in general to be honest. I used to love getting my sims to play different instruments in sync.
  • SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited June 2009
    The grass growing idea was interesting but donno how it would work out, lawn mowers would be running over flowers and rocks :shock:
  • Fairytale430Fairytale430 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Memories are must! They were amazing :D
    & i think we should have a pushchair / pram. Who likes carrying children around all day long? Bring on the prams. I also think nurseries are a good idea. You know for the working parents? & after school clubs would be fun fun fun
    (Y)
  • xtalknerdytomexxtalknerdytomex Posts: 99 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't know if this just my game, but I think it would be nice if we got an "Attend game with..." or "attend movie with..." option like we do for "tour" and "go here".

I just thought it was really weird that I couldn't send my sims out to movies together, and yet they can apparently walk around the theater aimlessly...together?

I think we need more decor objects, I love the clutter objects, but the paintings offered are really limited.

And last, I second whoever mentioned the thing about cars backing out of the driveway. I was definitely disappointed with the weird, magical way cars just appear in front of you when you have to leave.
    edited June 2009
    Good idea about the movie and match thing! I didn't even notice it:P

I was also thinking of tattoos, half walls for basements and more unique rooms, the ability to have a nightgown or swimming togs as everyday or formal clothing(especially for the insane trait), it would be cool if they were categorized to make them easier to find, but not restricted to that category of clothing, if you get what I mean :P I know some of these are 'bring backs' but i'm too tired to be original :P

Eeeemmmm... spiral staircases and curved walls! Yum.
  • nickloveslamasnickloveslamas Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was just thinking of some things last night actually that I wish they had left in the game from The Sims 2. Now, I know that they can't bring over all the objects from The Sims 2, but there were some that I'm kind of wondering why they didn't! It would have made more sense for them to bring them over than to just leave them. Here is my list:

The Monkey Bars, Spinning Ride Thingy, and the Toddler Horses:
    I mean they brought over the other playground stuff...why leave these things out?

The Toddler Charisma toy: That toy would be great to have now to give our Sims a jump start on the Charisma skill. Why leave that out?

Hot Tubs....need I say more? My Sims only have one place to woo hoo ha ha. :shock:

Bigger Fish Tank: Now that we can catch fish and save them to put in our tiny fish tank...we need a bigger one so we can have more than one fish in it.

Pool Table: We've had this since The Sims 1. Foosball is not enough.

Diving Board/Slide: Same as above...we've had this since The Sims 1.

Race Car/Bingo Game/Llama Game: Our Sims just need more stuff to do for fun.

That's about it for objects. While there are some more I would like, these are the most obvious. As far as some social interactions, here is what I was thinking about. Some of these would be even better to have now because we have traits. I mean, what is a childish Sim that can't make a prank phone call.

Prank Phone Call
    Playing in Bathtub
    Toddlers playing in toilet
    Cheating in Chess
    Red Hands, Rock Paper Scissors, Pillow Fight (only for certain traits)
    Crosswords in Newspaper
    Ability for teens to sneak out.

Although with the amount of detail put into this game, I have good faith that expansions will start to help fill these details out for the better. :D
  • MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree on posts that suggest there should be better hairstyle options such as in the store being able to see model revolve for different hair angles.

Also I agree there should be "curly" styles. Ethnic hair options are really lacking for men and women. There is also nothing to purchase in the store.

In the ethnic styles for women there is only the center part and the short locs. Those of us who wear locs and braids style them in ponytails, upsweeps, chignons, and side parts.

I'd like to see a feature that lets us design hairstyles, not just hair colors. Options for length, braids or not, curly or straight, side and center parts, upsweep, chignon, etc.

Design capability would also be good option for dress length and sleeve length of clothing.

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • WoogitOneWoogitOne Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Going along with the music idea,
    I think that, as a completely new idea, sims can practice other instruments to improve their musicianship skill....I'm talking about trumpets, horns, flutes, clarinets, drum sets, etc. This could allow for kids/teens to improve this skill. It could then be conjoined with the "Symphonic" track in the music career. Just a thought.
  • JesusFreakPaul90JesusFreakPaul90 Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I completely agree with everything you mentioned. I really miss the Memories. :(
  • mcr_rocksmcr_rocks Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    More ways to kill are simmies. :twisted:
    hahahahah....
    I mean... grass is our friends!!! :lol:
  • nekoinnesnekoinnes Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, i think they should bring back the Apartments, University, Pets, Seasons, Open for Business and Nightlife expansions. Even though them are Sims 2 expansion packs, i enjoyed them. Of course they should make new expansions to. I just hope that they dont make us download seperate towns for the expansions like in the sims 2. I just hope they merge all of the expansion's, which ever ones there are, into one town, considering its suppose to be a seamless neighborhood. They should also have stuff packs that add more objects and CAS options. I wish they would bring back the option to lock doors. I hate when everyone in the house goes into the room and tries to hold the baby when it's sleeping, and then drop it on the floor. They should also add more social options, and careers. I am happy with the sims 3 but they could of added a few more options. And one more thing, They should fix a couple things in the game, How the cars spawn into the street, i miss when the sims walk to the car and open the door, They should bend down and pick up the phone, why do they just appear in there hand, and they should make it where cars stop at stop signs, make parking lots for when sims go somewhere they can park there car instead of it disappearing, and they should also make the garage open when the car backs out. No more spawning things. Lets have the sims do it physically. PLEASE.