Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free vacation

How long do the parents stay away on their "free vacation"? They've been gone like, five days so far..and it's getting to be almost impossible having only one teen in the house to take care of everything.

Kinda getting scared it's gonna glitch and they aren't coming back hahaha

Comments

• Options
    multivolumemultivolume Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I just got a free vacation for my adults and I threw a teen party and they came back the next day :/
  • Options
    IRock707IRock707 Posts: 141
    edited June 2011
    The last time a free vacation popped up for me (I didn't accept, because I'd just moved in), it said how long it was for.
  • Options
    AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It didn't say how long mine would be...
    Maybe I'll try throwing a party and see if they come back. /: I wasn't going to because my house is extra stressful right now, but I'll give it a go
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2011
    :shock: What do the adults have to have done for them to get little vacations away from home??
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2011
    :shock: What do the adults have to have done for them to get little vacations away from home??

Nothing, haha. It just popped up randomly and they left. I figured it'd only be a night or two but they still haven't come back :cry:
  • Options
    multivolumemultivolume Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2011
    My Adult Sims left for a Vacation and it popped up JUST as Daycare started for my Mom Sim. I had to resetsim all three of the babies including a mother because they wouldn't go away. Plus the babies were there while my Teen Sim was having a party XD
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited June 2011
    Mine stayed away three days! And then right at the last two hours, a pop up warned me, "Parents are coming home better clean up the mess and make the house spotless."
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited June 2011
    mine were gone for 2 days, it was kinda halarious. But their son had a party with 4 other teens its was all he knew, and the cops were called, lol, nothing got broke, it was not a dirty mess, these kids were into dancing mostly. So it was actually a calm party for teens lol. I was hopeing to see a roudy party.
  • Options
    mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    edited June 2011
    i accepted the free vac. as my sim dad was going to work.....and nothing happened he went to work and the mom stayed asleep! is that normal or do i have to something else?
  • Options
    mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    edited June 2011
    nm!! she just got up and they left! :D a little patience would be nice on my part!!

now my teen is home alone with his 2 child sisters, his toddler bro, a his newborn sister!!!! haha
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2011
    The first time I got the option I did not know the parents would leave immediatly. I thought I would get to choose when they left because at the time they had a teenager a child and a baby! So I said yes and they left. I was worried about the social worker or someone being upset they left a child and infant with the teen but they didnt, needless to say it was a little difficult for the teen to take care of her 2 sibling and have a party but she did. The police did try to break it up but she sent everyone away before he got there. They were gone 2 days
  • Options
    lovesims32_9lovesims32_9 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2011
    my teens threw a teen party and it said parents will be home in 2 hours make sure the house is clean. and they never came home
  • Options
    Jalice4everJalice4ever Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2011
    my teens threw a teen party and it said parents will be home in 2 hours make sure the house is clean. and they never came home
    SAME WITH ME! I don't mind it too much because eventually they'll come back. but i was just on a minute ago and the only person i could click on in my household was one of the two teens. there's also a toddler but i cant click on them i can see them but i cant control them. :( i tried reset sim too.
  • Options
    DanielleM51886DanielleM51886 Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Im having problems with my parents going on the free vacation and there is a glitch. When its time for them to come home, the mothers icon is like blank while the father is still away on vacation. eh is there away to fix this without starting all over?
  • Options
    susanmkysusanmky Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    my sims parents went away on a free vacation for 2 days and its been 3 days. how do i get them back??
    please help!! :(:(:(:(
  • Options
    myhorsechestnutmyhorsechestnut Posts: 22
    edited March 2013
    AmberM66 wrote:
    How long do the parents stay away on their "free vacation"? They've been gone like, five days so far..and it's getting to be almost impossible having only one teen in the house to take care of everything.

Kinda getting scared it's gonna glitch and they aren't coming back hahaha

My sims got offered a free vacation at it said 2 days, so, um ...Don't hold your breath
  • Options
    blueberry1004blueberry1004 Posts: 108
    edited March 2013
    For me, the adults are always gone for 2 days. It has never been shorter or longer than that.
    Maybe try ResetSim? I'm not sure.
    I did watch a Let's Play where the adults were gone and the notification that they would be back in 2 hours came up, but they did not return. So she made the teens throw another teen party, and the notification came up again, but this time they did return.

Nothing. Just gotta have a teen in your household and the "opportunity" will randomly pop up :)
  • Options
    hannah4499hannah4499 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    blah blah blah
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited November 2013
    Move the family out of the house and then move them back in. The should then reappear. You are experiencing a glitch.