Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-A-Sim keeps getting stuck "processing"...HELP! :/

Comments

• Options
    starbunny17starbunny17 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Im having the same problem. :/ first when i decided to make a new game, i successfully made my sim. now i want to create another sim to live in another house (to be a friend of my original sim) to do this i went into edit town/create a sim. after i finish it, my screen says processing forever! this has happened before to me. ive even tried leaving my laptop on over night, nothing. Agh, this sucks :P if anyone has a solution please help me!<3 :cry:
  • Options
    buckwheat75buckwheat75 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    when i try too open create a sim, it turns into a blank screen with a plumbob. HELP
  • Options
    citygirl21citygirl21 Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    This is happening to me to!! at first it let me create a sim and then when i went on the edit relationship thing it was processing forever so but now when i press create a sim it wont even let me create a sim it just starts processing!!! im so annoyed i have payed hundreds of pounds getting the expansions and stuff packs and now i cant even make a family!! someone PLEASE HELP!! I AM NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    BlueSugarRushBlueSugarRush Posts: 22 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello Everyone,
    If I am right most of you are having trouble creating sims?
    I had a problem where when I selected create a family, it stays loading on entering create a household for a while. I downloaded a patch, restarted my computer, tried it again and It worked. Have you guys downloaded 1.50?
  • Options
    BlueSugarRushBlueSugarRush Posts: 22 New Member
    edited March 2013
    And, if it wont work, usually there's nothing you can do to fix it, EA didn't reply on their own website because they KNOW it won't work, it's for the money.. Good Luck Everyone :)
  • Options
    Cobra222Cobra222 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I have this problem too but i can't even enter the create a sim because it gets stuck on the "entering create a sim"
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have this EXACT same problem. Just like you have I looked and tried everything I cannot find any answers over the internet. This is really getting on my nerves.
    Someone please help?
    have u read through the thread and tried suggestions?
  • Options
    AmericanItalyAmericanItaly Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I'm having sort of the same problem >.< I go to the menu screen where you can choose to create a sim, move in a household, etc... I click 'Create a Sim' and it just stays on the 'Entering Create a Sim' screen. I've set my computer down and waited for HOURS, but it got to the point to where I also just ended up shutting down my computer. I too have a Mac. All this started happening after I updated the game and downloaded some content from the Exchange.
    I've tried to click 'Choose Household' but it would start to load and go to the town, but no actions or the sim bar thing wouldn't pop up. I would only be able to move around town from map view, but it would just stay like that. I have no idea if this is a completely different problem, but I just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing the same issue.
  • Options
    AzaonnaAzaonna Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I get stuck on the processing screen as well, and I only made one Sim... this is ridiculous :(
  • Options
    blandflavoredblandflavored Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Now this is happening to me ... and it's rather frustrating ... and it seems like there is no solution to this problem. :x

EDIT: Two things that I tested that might be factors as to why this error occurs:

1. Testing cheats enabled
    2. Choosing The Fairytale Finder as your sim's aspiration

When I didn't enable cheats and I didn't pick that aspiration for any sim in the family I was trying to create, this problem went away. I don't know if that's "THE" solution ... but from now on if I want to make a new family, I'll disable cheats first.

Just figured I'd share ...

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SuperpandaXXSuperpandaXX Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    I used to have these exact same problems and it was driving me insane. These are some things that I think could work for some of you. :)

I think I could have a solution. But... it may take awhile. In cas mode make your sims, if pictures dont show up, which mine doesnt, wait! Wait for the pictures to show up, it doesn't have to be the exact picture of the sim to work. If its a big family, this will take probably a long time.

Another thing you could try out but I dont think it works for saved sims. Go into cas without custom content, make your family. Move them into a household, then do ctrl+shift+c type in testingcheatenabled true . After all that right click the sim(s) and click enter create a sim mode. I haven't tried this yet but its worth a try
  • Options
    cyndy143cyndy143 Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    its ok the sims 4 is coming no more problems cuz remember its gonna do this stuff cuz this is 2009 software. the 2014 software is gonna be way better. im still angry about cas cuz yah know my cas always says loading create a household so I have to use one of my old households and use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and right click the sims just to get to cas. :?: :( :twisted:
  • Options
    KatieAinslieKatieAinslie Posts: 24
    edited June 2013
    I have the same problem! I hit the check mark, but no, it just has to get stuck
  • Options
    Faithey37Faithey37 Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Same exact problem, its annoying the heck out of me! I deleted all my other families cuz i wanted a fresh start then i get to the edit relationships page after CAS and before i can even see the family in the picture frame, my game never stops processing!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    its still happening... im kinda ready to just stop sims altogether. I was rlly pumped for TS4 and I know it wont have the same issues but i Know if its not one thing its another. I really dont wanna stop playing sims but i feel like i have to! :cry:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I DID IT!!!! ok so what u need to do is make the family and wait! WAIT! i am not a very patient person but all u need to do is wait!!!!! 1hr i think. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    iSoraliciousiSoralicious Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    This just happened to me, and after waiting a while, it loaded.
    I have a family that I created (it's just two people) and I wanted to add a custom pet. So I went to create-a-household and just added the one pet. I clicked to save the family, and since of course you can't create a household with just a pet, it said I could add the pet to an existing household, which is what I wanted. All was well.
    Then it got stuck on the processing screen when it was showing the household portrait. I was going to just close my game and retry, but I decided I'd wait a bit. I read every post on this thread and when I was done, my game stopped processing. I didn't keep track of how long it was processing, but I waited less than an hour. Maybe 15-20 minutes or something.
    I heard some people have even waited all night, but maybe just waiting can sometimes be the best answer? It worked for me, at least.
  • Options
    JrChickenJrChicken Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I know this is an old topic, but I am having the same issues (and have been for a while). Couldn't find any other solutions...

Note that I have previously tried running without CC and I've tried uninstalling and deleting caches and such, but to no such luck. I've tried uninstalling mods, but CAS would still "forever process". Usually I'd just pick some sims I had already made before it started acting stupid and then edit them in CAS mode using cheats and/or mods.

Another thing I have tried (and this works for me) is decreasing the graphics settings and then reloading the game. Then I make the sim(s), put the graphics settings back where I want them, then reload again. Quite time consuming sometimes, but that's the only thing that works when I want to create all-new sims.
  • Options
    janieraeldridgejanieraeldridge Posts: 93 New Member
    edited January 2014
    After playing for a month now it is getting stuck on CAS processing at the end. Never had this happen before. The entire process foes well before the family is going to be loaded into the edit relationship part. i have to play an old sim which i really didn't want to do. Has no one come up with a solution to this yet???/
  • Options
    janieraeldridgejanieraeldridge Posts: 93 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Bump!
  • Options
    KeresKeres Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I have this problem all the time, and I've narrowed it down to one cause.

Accidentally double clicking on the checkmark will induce it on my machine without fail. (Sometimes it lags a minute before the portrait screen, so you click the check again because you think it didn't take? That'll do it.)

Even though this is a pretty user-error cause (and I'm not saying it's everyone's cause -- if your game comes back after waiting for any period of time, this probably isn't the issue, and it's just your computer rendering the custom content -- but it's mine, on this clean install and several previous, with and without CC), it's pretty ridiculous that something so simple locks up your game completely.

Hope EA can look into this. I'll have to submit a bug report, as I haven't seen any other posts identifying the double click as causing a crash.
  • Options
    AwesomegirlyAwesomegirly Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    You need to either re-install the game, (fixed my problem). If you want to save your CC save it into a folder or something, or just save the link.
    I have a mac so i can just favorite the site on google chrome and download i again.
    Mac has more lags then windows because Sims is originally meant for windows so mac is going to have a lot of problems.
    If that doesn't work then Check your sims folder. You may have some unwanted cache thats causing your game to run very laggy.
    Hope it helps and I give you best wishes your game works! :wink:
  • Options
    colorfulmason875colorfulmason875 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Its happening to me to
  • Options
    alexdavis13alexdavis13 Posts: 2 New Member
    i’m still playing sims 3 weird i know haha but everytime i create a new family and i try to buy land or a house; whenever i try to click the check mark on the left hand side of the screen it always says “loading” or “processing” but then goes black and exits out of sims and then “Sims 3 has stopped working” pops up. this happened atleast 500 times and it’s getting very annoying. Oh also it took an hour to make my family and LITERALLY 8 hours of my day building this house off a tutorial. (my eyes are so strained) (so healthy -.-) So if anyone can help it’s be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    i’m still playing sims 3 weird i know haha but everytime i create a new family and i try to buy land or a house; whenever i try to click the check mark on the left hand side of the screen it always says “loading” or “processing” but then goes black and exits out of sims and then “Sims 3 has stopped working” pops up. this happened atleast 500 times and it’s getting very annoying. Oh also it took an hour to make my family and LITERALLY 8 hours of my day building this house off a tutorial. (my eyes are so strained) (so healthy -.-) So if anyone can help it’s be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi there. I'm afraid you aren't going to win any friendliness points by coming to a TS3 community forum board to tell other players that we are "weird" for playing our favorite game. ;)

Can we get some specs on the computer you are playing on? Mac or Windows, hard drive size and space free, processor, RAM, graphics card. Or if you prefer, a full dxdiag report will give us the required info as well (this is for Windows only).

How to run one: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

You could then send it up to Pastebin.com and provide a broken up link (use "h.t.t.p.s." or something similar) so that we can read it. Also please tell us how many EPs you have in play in which ones.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net