Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-A-Sim keeps getting stuck "processing"...HELP! :/

So whenever I go into CAS, everything works fine...until I get to the screen one would edit relationships, like right when I get to that screen after I accept the family. It just keeps loading saying "processing" and I've left it going for quite a while, but it never loads...does anyone know what to do about this?

Comments

• Options
    imupinatree2imupinatree2 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited May 2011
    also, whenever I pop the screen back up to my game (because I'm trying to find a solution on the internet) I hear the toddler in the family making noises, like its still on his screen, not the edit relationships screen...

please help :(
  • Options
    imupinatree2imupinatree2 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited May 2011
    bump :?
  • Options
    DulceHoneyDulceHoney Posts: 422 Member
    edited September 2011
    I'm having the same problem :-(
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I'm still having this exact same problem! I guess no one can help us. I've done CLEAN uninstall and reinstall twice, to no avail. I've tried removing my mods folder. Nothing works.
  • Options
    AyrixAyrix Posts: 9
    edited September 2011
    Having exact same problem - it works without CC on though when I turn it off in the launcher. I'm planning on going through all my CC and working out what is causing it as it doesn't seem anything works as a fix just yet.
  • Options
    ElkyMayElkyMay Posts: 11
    edited September 2011
    I'm having a similar problem with my game, but it's not on Create A Sim, though I haven't tried this so it could be happening on that also. It's happening when I try to move a sim into my current active household, it works right up until the 'processing' screen and then just gets stuck there. I have left it on that screen for a looong time as well, just to see if it's just being extra slow, but nothing happens. I've also tried it by marrying the sim into the household, but the same thing happens. I have even tried going into Edit Town and sending the sim I want to move to the clipboard so that I can combine him with my household, but he doesn't even appear on the clipboard, he just disappears.

If anyone has any suggestions or solutions I would be very grateful. I'm getting to the point of giving up with The Sims now because the more the creators add, the more bugs they introduce and it's getting pretty bloody annoying. If they'd just sell the whole game in one go without adding expansion packs all the time, I don't think there would be half as many bugs. Obviously that's never going to happen, though, because EA are greedy and will milk a product until they've squeezed every last penny they can out of it.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I think I know what part of the problem may be for those of us having the Create-A-Sim problem. When CC is turned on and I try making a sim (even a normal Sim that doesn't include any CC) the little panel at the bottom that usually shows their face doesn't show it.

2v3hf1j.png

It stays blank. (See little square directly above this writing) When I have CC off the Sims face shows almost instantly and it never crashes on "Processing", but when CC is on it never shows the face and always does crash. Is it because the game can't load the sim to show it in the family album part which is why it keeps processing? It's trying to find it?

I know this isn't much help but maybe someone who knows more about how the game works can figure out what the issue is with the invisible faces issue. I have tried waiting a long period of time and the faces never appear in the small box.

EDIT: When my game glitched after being shrunk down and opened again it showed the CC Sim to have the face of the Sim I added that didn't have CC and it worked. So literally, as long as the little square shows the Sim as having a face (even if it's not their own) it loads the family album screen and the CC Sim is made. What the hell?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yes, I have that same problem, with the sim missing from the portrait panel. So, what you're saying is, with your CC turned on, you chose a custom sim and then waited for the picture to appear. Then, you clicked, in order to "accept" the family, and it allowed you to do it?

Hmm I'm going to try this. I currently have a thread on this same issue, and I have no bad CC (after checking via MTS programs).
  • Options
    TrrGrssmTrrGrssm Posts: 32
    edited September 2011
    DulceHoney wrote:
    I'm still having this exact same problem! I guess no one can help us. I've done CLEAN uninstall and reinstall twice, to no avail. I've tried removing my mods folder. Nothing works.

In reading this thread I thought it another issue I was having but I was wrong .. although I have found that EAs clean uninstall really does not remove everything even though it claims to thus leaving bugs and bad files behind ...

Their is a program called "Revo" it is an uninstaller ... a high level EA tech suggested it to me .. as it takes seconds to uninstall the sims and all its modules instead of an hour or so depending on how many modules you have ... in fact I use it for all programs I want uninstalled on my system now .. it is a fantastic one time purchase for about #30 U.S. dollars ... no more messing with your "regidit" etc.. stops you from making errs while uninstalling.

TrrGrssm
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    No. I made a custom sim, then added another sim to the family who had no CC at all (pre-made one from the game) and when I shrunk the game and re-opened it again a few minutes later it showed both sims to have the face of the pre-made sim. So when I clicked the tick to go to the family album it worked fine.

I've no idea how often it'll do the silly face glitch but basically it'll only work if you have a face in the panel, even if it's not the face of the sim it should be, otherwise, it won't load.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I'm still having this problem :-(
  • Options
    LilLizaKayLilLizaKay Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Almost two months later... This issue just popped up for me today. I made a Sim around lunch time today and everything was fine, aside from my game crashing multiple times, my Sim loaded fine. Now, I made a family, and it's still "processing". I'm getting so fed up with Sims, :evil:
  • Options
    sraf22sraf22 Posts: 18
    edited December 2011
    This is really getting on my nurves now. im about to strap the game all together. if it not one thing its another. the no matter what i do it wont come off the processng screen
  • Options
    breannabearbreannabear Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    I have this EXACT same problem. Just like you have I looked and tried everything I cannot find any answers over the internet. This is really getting on my nerves.
    Someone please help?
  • Options
    Makie101Makie101 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    well this might help. i found if you choose a pre made family that is in a house or not, after the game loads, you can use testingcheatsenabled true than press on the sim (as if you were using this cheatsa on the mailbox) and than go into edit sim. for me, i can than change my sims how i want them. if you want more people in your family, you can press on a person that isnt in your family and add them to your family (add to family).

hope this helped! :)
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am STILL having this problem. I just bought Supernatural and I am not able to make my own sim.
    I should be able to go into create a sim and make my own sim or family but I cannot. I can only play if I choose a pre-existing family in the town to play.

Can someone please help???????? A guru? Someone with a good dead to do??? Anyone? Please find a solution to this problem!!!! Every forum I find on this is left unanswered.

HELP! ME play the game I've put hundreds of dollars into and can't even play the way I want to!!!!!
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    citycity0citycity0 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    hello my sims 3 i am not happy about the thing is what wrong is every time i create a sims person i put the trait in and the names and then i click the arrow button AND Then it keeps proccesing and its about 2 hours its for some quiet some while what should i do?
  • Options
    shelbeauxshelbeaux Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    This is SO irritating. I've been looking all over the internet for a solid few hours now trying to find a solution. The only answer is to delete all your CC, basically. I've downloaded probably around a hundred and cannot simply delete them and reinstall them. This is the only problem I have and I know to edit the sims with cheats such as testingcheatsenabled true, which I do. But I've recently downloaded some horses and they're pre-made so obviously the only answer is to use a pre-made sim in CAS. Which I can't, because problem. I have spent so much money on these games it's ridiculous. EA needs to get it's ish together and at least fix this problem! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    LyssaRulesLyssaRules Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    THE SAME THING KEEPS HAPPENING TO ME!! even when i use one of my sims that I asved the face wont show!!! I've tried everything!!! and i just got a new expansion pack for christmas but whats the point of using it if i can even create a sim!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I had the same problem, and left the game and after one or two hours it finally loaded. After that, it can still take a long time but it will stay between ten-to-thirty minutes occasionally, but my game next time went straight to five-to-two minutes, but the occasional ten minute load. It's just having moments, you've just got to give it time.You can also xperience this placing houses from sites or the exchange, that used to happen to me.
  • Options
    x_Andii_xx_Andii_x Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I have the same exact problem but now I have the answer.

I've figured out that the more of custom content you have on the sim the more time it takes to process.
    Now all you simply must do is only use custom skin,hair, and makeup nothing below. Even without the sim showing up in the box thingy click accept it may take 2 minutes...
    if longer minimize your game, read every word of this article like I did, open it back up and your family should be loaded. It may take more time if you have more than one sim.
    After that start gameplay...blah blah blah...then go back to CAS and do your thing. It should work. It did for me... :D
    Me personally doesn't use alot of CC...
  • Options
    redleicesterredleicester Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Same problem. Is it CC making this happen I'm going to try making a sim without any CC. See if any happens! X
  • Options
    redleicesterredleicester Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    God it's not let me even start a new game. If this carry on I'm going to give up and stop playing the sims 3 all together! :cry: :!: :evil: :x
  • Options
    britcam07britcam07 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm ready to quit playing this game too. The creators don't give a **** about updating it properly. All they care about is money. The fact that the expansions cost as much as (sometimes even MORE) than the base game when it first came out proves as much, especially when they can't even make said games stable and playable. They come out with this content that they half-assedly threw together, and now I'm becoming fed up. I've been a great customer to them and have given them hundreds of dollars of my money the pass few years. The original sims?... I've got it. The Sims 2 and EVERY expansion?... I've got it. The Sims 3 and EVERY expansion?... I've got. But, there's other games for me to play too- games where the creators actually give a **** about coming out with a QUALITY game with QUALITY content.

I spent 2 hours creating my Sims and now they're stuck at the processing screen. Issues I've had with my Sims 3 has been an on-going issue. I'm not even going to get into how many hours I've gone through trying to find fixes, uninstalling, then reinstalling, etc. etc. To this day I can't even get my game to behave correctly without using mods from Nraas Industries. Sorry for the rant, but I'm sick of making excuses for the makers of this game and continuing to dish out money when they clearly aren't going to attempt to make the Sims 3 stable. This is one of the most popular and potentially well-funded games in video game history. There's NO EXCUSE. I'm sick of dealing with their terrible customer service as well. I'm done.
  • Options
    FreemanShackledFreemanShackled Posts: 26 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It's not the amount of CC. I was using the same sim, just tweaking facial features. All of a sudden, I get what appears to be infinite processing time. It was doing it instantly before. I had this problem on windows vista, but I just got a new computer with windows 8. It seemed to work fine at first. I did not add anything, no new CC, nothing. I have the latest patch and everything. This a SERIOUS issue. EA needs to look into this immediately. This is the worst problem that I have encountered so far. :? :(