Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    aml1855aml1855 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited August 2012
    ZYIsSims wrote:
    Official Entry

Build N Share
    #161-162
    "Welcome Mr. Principle"

Name: ZYIsSims

Link to Lot:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6226350

Link to Media:
    http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/silviaBroome/Principal/?albumview=slideshow

I love the exterior of your home.
  • Options
    rebeccam744rebeccam744 Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

Build-n-Share Challenge #161-162 * Welcome Mr. Principle*

NAME: rebeccam744

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6228871

LINK TO MEDIA: http://photobucket.com/simsbnsc161

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Created the Principles, family photo included in the Photobucket album.

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30 x 30 lot, 99 Landgraab Ave., $80,000

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This contemporary house is perfect for a large family. Complete with a 1 car garage, 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms, study and fitness room. A pool and jungle gym complete this child friendly home.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, I’m always looking to improve!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: none
  • Options
    ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2012
    i wish there was a faster-paced challenge :/ one where there is a new challenged every 3ish days. i *love* all these nice took-my-time houses, but i have to do my house in 1-2 days or i loose interest & quit, then i have to wait a week for the next challenge. i wish there was a second challenge forum. but that would probably be difficult for the people who post the challenge too.
  • Options
    rebeccam744rebeccam744 Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:
    i wish there was a faster-paced challenge :/ one where there is a new challenged every 3ish days. i *love* all these nice took-my-time houses, but i have to do my house in 1-2 days or i loose interest & quit, then i have to wait a week for the next challenge. i wish there was a second challenge forum. but that would probably be difficult for the people who post the challenge too.

Even though I'm new here, I agree. Maybe not every 3 days but 2 weeks seems long. If I didn't finish the build in about 3 days I would forget about it haha!
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited August 2012
    I suppose that if there was enough demand for a weekly challenge, someone could always make their own thread about it. However, I feel the reason that the challenges are biweekly is because it takes a long time to judge and because many of the players also work or go to school. I am interested to see how a shorter challenge would work.
  • Options
    SimmyEliseSimmyElise Posts: 14
    edited August 2012
    Anyone else finding this challenge really difficult? I'm totally out of building for larger families (I usually start with a couple and then expand the house as the family grows) so all of my attempts right now have too little rooms! :(

But I really like the entries I have seen so far.
    ashley1693 I really like your pool/hot tub area! It loos so cool with the stairs and the floor and the foundation being the same pattern.

SimmyElise I really like how you used the glass to make it feel very modern. I also really like the tiled master bedroom.

Thanks very much PhoenixRyder :)
  • Options
    EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    edited August 2012
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    I suppose that if there was enough demand for a weekly challenge, someone could always make their own thread about it. However, I feel the reason that the challenges are biweekly is because it takes a long time to judge and because many of the players also work or go to school. I am interested to see how a shorter challenge would work.

No kidding. My B&S houses are the fastest builds I've ever done. I have houses I've spent months on. I also enjoy working with the budgets. It's taught me more about building with economy in mind. It's harder but I 'm getting used to it.
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited August 2012
    I like the time frame for the challenges, it gives me a chance to complete my build, wait a few days and then go through it again with fresh eyes. That helps me decorate and landscape more.
  • Options
    Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    edited August 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Build-n-Share Challenge #161-162 • Welcome Mr.Principle

NAME: lionpaws

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6238841

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w179/Leonie_Dimond/AAA TS3 Creators Consortium/Happy Colors/?albumview=slideshow

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Sadly I don't have enough time to make the Priciple family

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: "Happy Colors" a modern home for the Priciple family; 180 Redwood Pkwy, Sunset Valley; Size: 40x30; Final Cost: $104,807

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

The garage is suited for two cars and located in the basement. from there you have access to an open Basement space to fill with anything your heart desires. To your right a door leads to the gym, a bath and the laundry facilities.

Climbing up the concrete stairs you reach the entrance hall decorated with modern paintings. A burst of color awaits you in the kitchen dining area the entire family should enjoy. to the other side the open living room invites to relax in soft leather sofas infront a cozy fireplace. The colors here a little subdued.
    Not quite as bright colors also in the study. The sacrophagi lure to sleep in - but beware of the dark curse!

The first floor, accessed over a broad rich colored staircase, is the kingdom of the the youth.
    Moira has her sanctuary in spiceberry and yellow with some touches of cyan, hers is alos a littl balcony to use.
    The toddler Yves will be treated with blue and dark yellows under a rainbow pattern.
    Ulysses ios all sports and speed. He likes red but to cool him down a little blues are used for walls and floor.
    A fourth room is decorated for the soon-to-be new family member.
    The theme of this room is playfully Asian, in orange and green.
    Two bathrooms are on this floor.

Last but not least we have the second floor taken up entirely by the master suit.
    A window wall allows a great view over the ocean. The colorscheme spices up dark brown hues with spiceberry, lime and cyan.

Most colorful is the outside furniture: lime, cyan, orange, citron and a dark magenta highten the mood of anybody who will be entertained here.
    For not only kids and ever young we find a swing, a golf pad, a treehouse, a big pool, Koi - fishing, a few garden plants.
    For the grown ups and wannabes there is a bar and a bbq.

Family and friends should enjoy this little gem of a house!

COTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No 3rd party CC used.

good luck to everyone
    happy simming
    lionpaws

• Options
    aml1855aml1855 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Nice house lionpaws!
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2012
    Great entries so far! Still a few days left to get yours in :)
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2012
    Greenowl77 wrote:

BnS used to be every week, but the demands of coming up with a creative challenge weekly as well as getting the results done in a timely fashion were daunting. Also, participation in the weekly challenge had started to drop off significantly and some cited time constraints as a reason... We could perhaps discuss a supplementary shorter-frame challenge (not a full build/decorate/landscape) that would be judged by forum vote if other organizers and participants are interested... what do you think?
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited August 2012
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Welcome Mr. Principle #161 - 162

NAME: PhoenixRyder

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6235230

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=419696

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Yes

LEVEL: Beginner

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x30, 99 Landgraab Ave, §104939

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: So... I tried making a "modern" house, but kind of failed to meet all of the requirements, so I toned down the modern-ness of it.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None
  • Options
    edited August 2012

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: So... I tried making a "modern" house, but kind of failed to meet all of the requirements, so I toned down the modern-ness of it.

Good job, sorry you had such a difficult time getting it all to come together. I also like your family, Mr. Paulio in particular. People rarely use the bald type hairstyles. LOVE IT!
  • Options
    Kulthero777Kulthero777 Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited August 2012
    I wish I had more time to do challenges, I miss doing them all the time because they were so much fun! Sadly I have just become way too busy since creating our request team a few months ago. I still pop by to check out the challenges though and see all the creative builds people have come up with.

As an alternative for those of you who finish quickly and need stuff to do in between challenges, there are several build request teams out there. Just check out the request team threads on the creative corner and apply to join if this is something you are interested in doing. Our team is always looking for talented builders - shameless plug :)

• Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited August 2012
    BnS used to be every week, but the demands of coming up with a creative challenge weekly as well as getting the results done in a timely fashion were daunting. Also, participation in the weekly challenge had started to drop off significantly and some cited time constraints as a reason... We could perhaps discuss a supplementary shorter-frame challenge (not a full build/decorate/landscape) that would be judged by forum vote if other organizers and participants are interested... what do you think?

It might be interesting to have a smaller challenge perhaps. Challenges similar to the ones offered to home designers in game. Add a playroom, decorate a garage for some in-laws. etc. Of course judging has always been an issue with regards to time. I wonder if we could get one dedicated person to handle the admin of that smaller challenge so that it would not interfere with the more complex challenges we already have? That's why I suggested doing another thread in my post.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Amby316 wrote:

Good job, sorry you had such a difficult time getting it all to come together. I also like your family, Mr. Paulio in particular. People rarely use the bald type hairstyles. LOVE IT!

Thank you! I felt that making him slightly bald fit his nose... which I was playing around with for quite a while before making it larger than I usually do. :)
  • Options
    scorpiophoenixscorpiophoenix Posts: 2,289 Member
    edited August 2012
    Greenowl77 wrote:

It might be interesting to have a smaller challenge perhaps. Challenges similar to the ones offered to home designers in game. Add a playroom, decorate a garage for some in-laws. etc. Of course judging has always been an issue with regards to time. I wonder if we could get one dedicated person to handle the admin of that smaller challenge so that it would not interfere with the more complex challenges we already have? That's why I suggested doing another thread in my post.

It might even be plausible to attempt a small building challenge such as a one bedroom starter. I know most people, not all but most, can turn a small build out in say three to four days maximum.
    I agree too it needs one person to oversee the administration of the challenges. :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I would love to try judging/overseeing a smaller challenge, only if it didn't mean that I was unable to participate in the main BNS Challenges... Though I would need details and stuff
    I would not be able to be the person that came up with the challenge though, I am terrible at that lol
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I would love to try judging/overseeing a smaller challenge, only if it didn't mean that I was unable to participate in the main BNS Challenges... Though I would need details and stuff
    I would not be able to be the person that came up with the challenge though, I am terrible at that lol

I'd kind of like coming up with "mini" challenges. It's the judging I just could not do because I tend to like evrything!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I'd kind of like coming up with "mini" challenges. It's the judging I just could not do because I tend to like evrything!

Perhaps the two of us combine to make the perfect overseer...just sayin lol
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    one more day for a new challenge!! :lol::wink::) :-) :D :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ashley1693 wrote:

i am excited also
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Amby316 wrote:
    ashley1693 wrote:

i am excited also

lol you dont sound it :p i hope its fall or halloween related!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top