Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited October 2013
    ArikaB your lot is great! I love the pool display and bar, especially.

Thanks! I love yours, too! So sleek. I particularly loved the bank of windows over the kitchen sink and how they fit with the upper cabinets. Your twins are super creepy. Love it!
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited October 2013
    Amberandfreddie, not sure how I missed your post, but thank you!
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well I have to officially throw in the towel on this one not gonna get it done.

On the plus side I do love the look of the houses already posted, good luck everyone.

uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited October 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY

Build-N-Share
    Challenge #219-220
    "A Most Unusual Client"

Screenshot-2.jpg?t=1383151661

Name: Greenowl77

Link to Lot: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h6uttdb9by1kvtj/Dracula%27s+Country+Estate.Sims3Pack

Link to Media: http://s450.photobucket.com/user/greenowl77/library/Build%20N%20Share%20219-220%20A%20Most%20Unusual%20Client?sort=9&page=1

Optional Challenge: I have only one image and it is at the end of the photobucket spread.

Level: Advanced

Lot Size, Address and Final Cost: 40x40, Pinochle Point- Sunset Valley, 380,927 (There should be a small depreciation as I did move Dracula in to take pics and do the party- probably in the neighborhood of 10-20,000 simoleons.

Lot Description & Details:
    This charming country estate features three en suite bedrooms, including the master suite which also contains a special resting area for the new owner. The decor of the home reflects the extensive travel and lifespan of our client. The foyer opens up to the upper hallway and there is an archway to the gallery on the right. To the left of the foyer is the first bedroom, done in red. The foyer continues under the stairs through a large archway into the kitchen. A private dining area is just off the kitchen. The garden is also off of the kitchen providing excellent access to ingredients. The kitchen opens up into a dining room and great hall where Dracula is set to entertain his guests at a costume party. The great hall features a large bar and fireplace. There is a small half-bath next to the bar to take care of the personal needs of guests. The entryway to the garage/laundry area is also near the bar. The great room also has access to the upstairs hallway and a mud room. The mud room has access to the basement level as well as the back yard. The basement is more modern than the rest of the home as Dracula expects to live a long time in the home and has no time for furnishings that will not hold up in the high moisture level of the basement. The basement features a large swimming pool, hot tub, exercise area and sauna/ bath. The second level of the home houses the Count's bedroom, and his secret room where he is free to sleep like the dead, the library, and the final bedroom.

Constructive Criticism: Yes

Credit to Simmers for Custom Content Used:
    As usual I have to thanks the fabulous artists at The Sims Resource(http://www.thesimsresource.com/) for the awesome content used in this build. I have also used SC, and I have all the EPs and SPs. If anyone is interested TSR is now completely free so if you like any of the items in the build and would like a link let me know.

• Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have to give up. RL just kicked my but these past two weeks. Can't wait for the next challenge though.
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited October 2013
    saint-gambi
    I love everything about this build...glad your not entering addvanced ;)
    Haha! Thanks, I love yours too, particularly the exteriors - very gothic and spooky. I actually built something similar in my first attempt, though it was probably considerably larger. I started out building a huge red abbey, but ended up scrapping it because I knew I wouldn't have the time.

Also, I don't think I'm really advanced material yet. Still learning a lot and always lots left to learn. :P
  • Options
    MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    edited October 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM A Most Unusual Client #219-220

NAME:Marykup

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7762517

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s870.photobucket.com/user/MaryKup5856/library/Drac Manor

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: not this time :(

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40, Sunset Valley, around 750,000 I forgot to check :()

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A gothic style home just perfect for the prince of darkness. This home has 3 bedrooms, each with it's own full bath. A witchy area on the second floor to practice potions and such. There is also an office on this floor, A living room, dinning room, family room, kitchen with nook, half bath, laundry room and 2 story library are on the main floor. The basement is a party person's delight. Indoor pool and hot tub as well as a BBQ area and green house round out this very cool house.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: just base game and store items no CC
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited October 2013
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=458054

hope this works. a "story" with pictures of my pool and halloween rooms. I love what I did, but with the way the rest of the build went it was too disjointed and now i've run out of time to piece bits together. It's times like these I really wish we could just pick up rooms and move them elsewhere.
  • Options
    Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    edited October 2013

Hi guys :) it's been a while since I dropped by here, but my gosh, the talent is still amazing, even if I don't recognize all the names yet!
    I'll be lurking, and might enter the next round, BnS is always a blast!
  • Options
    Megster2000Megster2000 Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    THE MOST UNUSUAL CLIENT (219-220)

NAME: Megster2000

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7762952

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s751.photobucket.com/user/horton5_ky/library/Sims Challenge 211-212/BnS Challenge 219-220?sort=3&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: No

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40; 500 Sunnyside Blvd; $620,612

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Dracula likes to keep up with the times, so the home is a modern style. There are 3 en-suites that are private and secluded from each other. There is a large kitchen with two ovens and plenty of space to sir around the island. There is a formal dining area as well as a casual dining area. The home includes an area to store all the nectar. The study is two-stories that include a large library. The are two garages that store 4 cars. There is an enclosed veggie garden. There is an indoor pool in the Halloween themed party room.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: There are patterns I got in the exchange a long time ago…
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited October 2013
    Challenge 219-220 is now closed! Keep your eyes peeled as the next challenge will be up shortly :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited October 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM 219-220 a most unusual client

NAME: nikkifin

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7763048

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s46.photobucket.com/user/nikkiluvsfun/library/dracula house

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: pics included

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x40 $312,318 sunset valley

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Its a Dracula modern house. three bedrooms three bath, indoor pool, garden space in back. dungeon below in basement. I got the inspiration from fright night with Collin Ferrell. If dracla was trying to fit into modern day society as a bachelor.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no CC
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Challenge 219-220 is now closed! Keep your eyes peeled as the next challenge will be up shortly :D

wait what!!!! it closed in the time I was typing my description. and I worked so hard on this one. :cry: I missed it by 10 min.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Nikki - no worries, I'll let you sneak it in under the wire, I did close dead on time, which hasn't happened very often ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    my computer isnt loading the house anyways. I think I should bow out of all challenges. I work 40 hours so only have the weekends to work on the houses anyway, and not enough time to make it the way I love my houses. I worked until the witching hour on this one and still missed it by 10 min. Good luck to everyone else. I fixed it!! yeah, thx so much. I worked long hours passed my bedtime for this one.
    happy Halloween!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nikkifin wrote:
    my computer isnt loading the house anyways. I think I should bow out of all challenges. I work 40 hours so only have the weekends to work on the houses anyway, and not enough time to make it the way I love my houses. I worked until the witching hour on this one and still missed it by 10 min. Good luck to everyone else. It's been fun while it lasted.
    Nikki - I understand that RL sometimes gets in the way, but please don't bow out of the challenges completely, we would miss you around the place *hugs* And if you ever have issues with the deadline, you can always post on the BnS facebook page and one of the staff will always respond.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    CHALLENGE 221-222 HAS BEEN POSTED

Build-N-Share Challenge (221-222)

A Tiny Slice of Utopia

“Hmmmm, well this is certainly different”, you say to yourself as you arrive at your next clients home. You don't normally make house calls, but you had to make an exception to your own rules when the request came in. As you walk around the sleek exterior and try to locate the front door. Without warning a plumbot appears at your side “Mr Smith is expecting you.” The speech seems too real to have been made mechanically and you find yourself wondering what else you might find in Oasis Landing.

He waves his hand at what looks to be a regular stucco'd wall and a door way appears as if from nowhere. You are guided into a large reception area which is sparse but the furnishings are incredible, so sleek and modern.

“Mr Smith I presume.” You say to the gentleman sat at one of the couches that looks to be floating in thin air.

“That is correct.” He replies. “I want to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to meet with me here.”

“It really was an offer that I couldn't refuse.”

“Can I offer you any type of refreshments? I have a good store of nectar in the cellar.”

“Thank you, but no, I would like a glass of water though.” As if by magic the bot appears at your side once more with a glass of chiller water.

“So I understand you have relatives in Sunset Valley.” You state as you sit down on another “floating” couch.

“In a round about way, you could say so, yes. That is why I have commissioned this project, I wish to have a base in Sunset Valley from which I can look into my family's history and the such like.”

“I can understand that. Now tell me about the sort of building that you would like me to design and build for you.”

“I want a small home, as you can see I am used to top quality furnishings, but I understand that these sorts of things aren't readily available in Sunset Valley, but I do want a very modern, minimalistic feel to the whole thing. That is one of the reasons I have asked you to design something on a 10x10 plot. I will only need one bedroom and bathroom, and somewhere to set up my computer, I would prefer this to area to be separate from my sleeping quarters. The usual kitchen area, with somewhere to eat and relax. And that about covers it.”

“And your budget for this project.” You ask.

“I think that you should be able to come up with something respectable for 23.500 Simoloeons, I didn't get to where I am today by wasting money.”

“I am sure that we can come up with something suitable in the time frame Mr Smith.”

“I'll have my plumbot see you to your transport.” And you feel that you have been summarily dismissed.

The Brief
    $23.5k budget
    10x10 lot in Sunset Valley
    Modern and minimalistic Design
    Modern and minimalistic Interiors
    Kitchen
    Dining Area
    Living Area
    1 Bedroom
    1 Bathroom
    Office Space

Optional Challenge:
    Create Mr Smith, and tell the story of how he came to be in Sunset Valley researching his family history. Complete creative free reign on this one!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    this new challenge sounds fun. I'll try and start tomorrow. Is is ok to have living and bedroom in the same like a loft or studio or do you want separated wall
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    nikkifin wrote:
    this new challenge sounds fun. I'll try and start tomorrow. Is is ok to have living and bedroom in the same like a loft or studio or do you want separated wall
    As long as the study area is separate, you are good to go!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Greenowl77Greenowl77 Posts: 253 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG I love the mini lot challenges. Happy faces!
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh! I am excited about this new challenge! I will try to get this one. Have been messing around with small and cheap housing lately.

Btw, good luck every one with the last challenge! I saw some awesome builds froms everyone :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited October 2013
    Greenowl77 wrote:
    OMG I love the mini lot challenges. Happy faces!
    Me too :D I also <3 modern and minimalist. Probably because I have too much clutter IRL. :P
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited October 2013
    SO in on this! :)
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yay, so pleased that so many of you are so enthusiastic about this next challenge :mrgreen:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    noisybrainnoisybrain Posts: 145 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well, I got down to just having to share my house. But Missed it, oh well everybody's houses were great! Good Luck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top