Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited February 2014
    For some reason photobucket isn't uploading my pictures correctly so my entry is going to be a little late. I hope that's fine with everyone, I've taken all the picrures and everything was fine but now photobucket is being silly and I'm too tired to try and upload somewhere else tonight. It's nearly 1am and I need to sleep (getting over a cold).

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [Venus 233-235]

NAME: PhoenixRyder

LINK TO LOT:

LINK TO MEDIA: not organised at all but I'm just glad I could upload the pictures at all.
    http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/PhieRyder/library/Build-n-Share Challenge/Venus

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x50, custom lot, $244 629 after one night.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Beautiful imitation Victorian with all the modern comforts. Two car garage attached to the house, driveway separated from path to front door by white blue and pink flowers (echoes of colors used in the exterior sliding). neat mowed lawn with birch tree in front of the house. rest of the sizable lot contains a hedged path to the gazebo greenhouse and a large pond with boat and willow tree. grounds are kept private by a stone fence. Original wraparound porch on ground floor with original imitation medieval tower.
    entryway is a long corridor leading to the dining room. small sitting area and a breakfast bar included in the dining room, small porch with lavender garden off dining room (behind new attachment garage) path from porch leads to gazebo. Archway behind breakfast bar to kitchen, large window behind dining table a new addition looking onto the porch and lake. kitchen can only be entered from the hallway, contains all modern amenities, and is nice and spacious - windows look out onto front drive and lake. under the stairs in the hall is a small bathroom for guests.

Up the double staircase is the still public area of the house. There is a large living room with two seating areas. In the tower there is an easel. There is also a large study, which contains business stuff for Victor but also a piano, dominos table and chess table. On this floor, behind the staircase is the butlers rooms (which include a bed, a dresser and a desk, as well as a bathroom). Up the single staircase is the family's private area. ON the landing is a little library with a comfortable loveseat. The largest room is the master bedroom, which shares a bathroom with the children's room. There are two beds in this room as Victor and Venus really want at least two children. Off the master bedroom is also the nursery.

the entire house is decorated in shades of beige and brown with highlights of a dusky pink and aqua.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    HurricaneAllegraHurricaneAllegra Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2014

NAME: HurricaneAllegra

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8037570

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/HurricaneAllegra/library/BNS 233-235 Venus (Sorry my pictures kind of suck because the screen-shotting doesn't work on my game anymore)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8037569

LEVEL: beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x50, 1005 Ponoma Promenade (I don't remember which town this is), $255,993

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a large, traditional victorian home for Victor and Venus VanEllis. It has 4BR 2.5BA, in addition to a 1BR 1BA suite for their butler Jarvis. This home includes a traditionally decorated living room with a fireplace, a large dining room, a large, more modern family room with a wide-screen TV mounted on the wall and a high, open ceiling, a home gym, a laundry room, a cozy study for Victor to work in, a 4-car garage (cars not included), a deck around one side of the house as well as in the back yard, a large pool and jacuzzi, and a beautiful pond.

• Options
    HurricaneAllegraHurricaneAllegra Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2014

NAME: HurricaneAllegra

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8037570

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/HurricaneAllegra/library/BNS 233-235 Venus (Sorry my pictures kind of suck because the screen-shotting doesn't work on my game anymore)

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8037569

LEVEL: beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x50, 1005 Ponoma Promenade (I don't remember which town this is), $255,993

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a large, traditional victorian home for Victor and Venus VanEllis. It has 4BR 2.5BA, in addition to a 1BR 1BA suite for their butler Jarvis. This home includes a traditionally decorated living room with a fireplace, a large dining room, a large, more modern family room with a wide-screen TV mounted on the wall and a high, open ceiling, a home gym, a laundry room, a cozy study for Victor to work in, a 4-car garage (cars not included), a deck around one side of the house as well as in the back yard, a large pool and jacuzzi, and a beautiful pond.

• Options
    LORILYELORILYE Posts: 48 New Member
    edited February 2014
    For some reason photobucket isn't uploading my pictures correctly so my entry is going to be a little late. I hope that's fine with everyone, I've taken all the picrures and everything was fine but now photobucket is being silly and I'm too tired to try and upload somewhere else tonight. It's nearly 1am and I need to sleep (getting over a cold).

If you re-save them using the paint program they should work in photobucket. I had that problem earlier this week.
  • Options
    CathasaighCathasaigh Posts: 26
    edited February 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Venus 233-235

NAME: Cathasaigh

LINK TO LOT:n/a

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s170.photobucket.com/user/Cathasaigh/slideshow/BuildnShare/Venus

I apologize for the state of the albums - generally I take time to edit the order and title everything however, I just couldn't fit it into my schedule and make the deadline for posting. I shall endeavor to fix it in the near future.

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://s170.photobucket.com/user/Cathasaigh/slideshow/BuildnShare/Venus/Van Ellis Household

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 60x60; 15 Summer Hill Court, Sunset Valley; $256,489

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This Queen Anne-inspired Victorian is based upon a floor plan by famed architect George F. Barber. The home has a traditional asymmetrical facade, complete with intersecting gables, towers, and wide verandas. The exterior, while a modern white, has been accented with blues and reds in Queen Anne (also called Eastlake) tradition. Though the home keeps it's traditional feel, it has many modern updates, including a remodeled kitchen and contemporary interior decorating. After enjoying the shade of the veranda, you enter into a small vestibule where you may remove your coat before entering the home. In keeping with Victorian custom, the halls are painted a somber gray so as not to distract from the colorful rooms. Also, the woodwork has been maintained, including decorative grills in the doorway. Downstairs you will find a sitting room which opens into a music room, an office/library for the man of the house, a dining room, kitchen, butler's pantry, conservatory, and a butler's suite. Upstairs, the front of the house is occupied by an expansive master suite. You will also find a guest room with en suite bathroom and a Jack-and-Jill set up, currently staged as a nursery and young lady's room. Outside you will find a carport, an orchard, and a small pond with neighboring formal English garden. You will notice that the landscaping around the home is also in Victorian fashion - a focus on greenery with pops of colors that reflect the color scheme of the house. Enjoy! (Oh, the details I could have added with another $10k!)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    All custom content is from the Store, MTS, and TSR.
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2014
    ArikaB wrote:
    LORILYE wrote:
    Wow beautiful work. These houses are all so stunning. Arika I just love your story. So many kids. I my Venus and Victor are in college and traveling still. They are waiting to have babies until they are done getting their degrees. I just started playing Sims University with the last night so that is not in my story that I submitted.

Thank you! I'm exhausted from playing them, and I still have 3 to get to teenagers before Venus fulfills her LW. (Having the flu IRL this week didn't help either!) :lol: And you're right about the builds all being stunning. So much great work. I love that your house is based on one you've actually been in. And cmbaker16's playhouse - WOWZA! Saint_gambi's garden is TDF (and I love that she wrote her name in landscaping paint within the foundation!). And linzlulubell nailed the bric-a-brac with the fencing on the house (fun color scheme, too!). So many neat builds. Can't wait to see what else gets submitted!
    My Venus' LTW was the same as yours, but I got lucky. She's had her five, raised 1 girl, then triplet boys to teen, and just had a baby girl, but I'm out of time for this challenge so I'll upload the household and images as is. I will probably come back to this later because I've never fulfilled that LTW with my sims before.
  • Options
    PoncaPunkPoncaPunk Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I believe I've gotten darn good at building, but every time I've tried to upload, I wait two or three minutes only to get a popup saying the upload "FAILED TO SHARE". I finally got frustrated and stopped trying. I'm following (your?) steps, so I don't understand what could be wrong.
    Yours, a builder
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2014
    PoncaPunk wrote:
    I believe I've gotten darn good at building, but every time I've tried to upload, I wait two or three minutes only to get a popup saying the upload "FAILED TO SHARE". I finally got frustrated and stopped trying. I'm following (your?) steps, so I don't understand what could be wrong.
    Yours, a builder

Ponca -- don't stress so much about the upload. This challenge is judged by the images you post online. It's always nice to have a house on the Exchange but not needed here. Take lots of pictures and post them online somewhere and share them here for the judges.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2014

Your house is beautiful!! I love all the little, and exquisite details.. Have recommended it and downloaded it!!

=) Jess

That's so sweet! Thanks! I've done the same =) I think your house is gorgeous!
  • Options
    LORILYELORILYE Posts: 48 New Member
    edited February 2014
    For anyone who has trouble uploading here are some tricks. In DCbackup delete all files except cc merge. There is a way to check to see if you cc is corrupt if you use cc. Crinrict showed me where to get it. You can get excellent advice from Crinrict at EA Answer HQ. He or she has helped me in many uploading binds.
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow! I just went browsing through the submissions and everybody's house is lovely! This is one tough competition!
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2014
    Phew! Rec'd everyone's lots -- at least the ones that are on the Exchange :mrgreen:
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    CathasaighCathasaigh Posts: 26
    edited February 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

NAME: linzlulubell

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8036171

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lin-zlulubell/slideshow/Sugar Plum Wishes

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Pictures for the optional are at the end of the house pictures and most are captioned. Victors other traits are shy, dog person, and angler. Victor also choose the nerd social group all on his own. He really liked the stock pond in the back yard and got his fishing skill level to 10 in just a few days! He's a hopeless romantic but his shy trait gets in the way of it showing. Venus' other traits are brave, rebellious, and brooding. She likes to blow glass objects, play her big piano and garden. She also likes to stare out the window a lot and brood. Her fav place is the rocker in the nursery, even before the baby girl Valentine was born. Venus had the baby on Valentines Day so naturally I named her valentine and decorated her nursery according. Venus did not choose a social group. Jarvis' other traits are great kisser, irresistible and natural cook. I though it would be cool and shake things up a bit to make Jarvis a good looking Rico Suaveé, can Venus resist? He also chose nerd social group and likes to sit in the playhouse and read or do things in his room. He also enjoys talking to Venus more than Victor. I made Valentines traits perceptive and loves the cold.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:$249,357 50x50

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 5BR 3.5BA Traditional Victorian floor plan with stained glass windows. Green house, Garage, Mini Victorian playhouse with Ballet Bar, stock pond, lush gardens, hidden glass blowing hobby room, imported antiques, and lots of wildlife spawners. Usable, fun porch and outdoor areas. And Happy birthday to me!!!!!!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:no cc

Where did you get your front door? I really like it, but I can't find it on the Store. Same with the fence/railing you used for your porches.
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited February 2014
    well I got in my own way this challenge and wont have my house ready but I will put up a few pics.
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow! I just went browsing through the submissions and everybody's house is lovely! This is one tough competition!
    Yeah everyone's really outdone themselves with this one. I really love the diverse pallets being used in this challenge. The landscaping is fab too! I don't envy the judges this time around. :lol:
  • Options
    EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2014
    I never worry about getting a big head about my builds with these challenges. No matter how happy I am with the result, the houses that hit the final day of the challenge always make me feel inadequate. I do however, lament the fact that I don’t have the set which gives you all that glorious gingerbread.

Saint Gambi – Thank you so much for doing an Empire/Mansard style. I saw your picture and broke into joyous smiles.

Green Owl- I missed you!!

BTW: 12 days to Mardi Gras!!!
  • Options
    redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2014
    Looking at all the submissions all I can say is WoW! Every one of the homes look amazing! The judges are going to have their work cut out for them on this one!!

And BTW thank you all for the kindness shown to others, even if it doesn't come straight to me, just reading it going out to others makes my day brighter!! :D
  • Options
    MimiLuvsPJOMimiLuvsPJO Posts: 19
    edited February 2014
    I would just like to say that all of these are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. :D
  • Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited February 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM 233-235 Venus

NAME: Nikkifin

Screenshot-8.jpg

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8038479

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s46.photobucket.com/user/nikkiluvsfun/slideshow/VanEllis House?sort=3

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: [/img]Screenshot-84.jpg

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x50 $209,900

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 5 Five br 3 Ba home with swimming pool, Jacuzzi and private office for a home business.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no CC
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2014
    That's all folks!!

Challenge #233-235 is now officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    nikkifinnikkifin Posts: 128
    edited February 2014
    Got mine in just in time. Whew That was close!!! I have been trying to finished this in bed but with a sprained ankle and wrist it was hard.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And we have a new challenge for your delectation....

Build-N-Share Challenge (236-237)

David's Chambers

You flump at your desk, leaning back with a quiet groan. Completing the task of the VanEllis Estate was exhausting. Still, it was done now, and the VanEllis’s had registered their approval. You smile at the pictures you just finished adding to your portfolio. The estate was magnificent and worth every minute of the effort put into it. Still, you cant help but hope that the next build would be smaller.

Swivelling in your chair you note that the sun is bright outside and the day unseasonably warm for a February morning. Somewhere in the mid 60′s it made a great break from the snow of winter. Inspired you bounce to your feet and grab your lunch from the fridge.

“Rose? I’m going to take my lunch outside okay?” You call to your assistant.

Rose smiles, “I was thinking about doing the same thing. Don't forget you have an appointment soon.”

Despite the reminder, the warm sunshine and spring like day combine to wipe all sense of time and urgency from your mind, something that results in quite a blush when you see Rose leading your appointment towards you. Quickly you dust off your hands and wipe your mouth before standing up to greet him.

“Lt. David Chambers,” says the young man who is your newest client. Over his shoulder Rose gives you a reproachful I-warned-you look.

You try your best to ignore the look as you smile. “Lieutenant. Please make yourself comfortable. I hope you don't mind our consult being outside.”

He smiles back, the expression lighting up the dark eyes in his boy next door face. “No problem. Its beautiful out.”

“My thoughts exactly,” you say, before thanking Rose for handing you a sketch pad. As you get settled in with your pad and pencil for notes, you study the young man. He is well built, but not overly muscled, with a crispness that backs up his claim to a Lieutenant's rank. Dark hair is neatly trimmed and combed, but perhaps a little longer than what you guess regulation length to be. “You’re in the military?”

“Formerly. I was just recently released due to cut backs. I work in computers now. Graphics, game engine design, etc.”

“I see. Sounds interesting. And now you’ve decided to build a house?”

He nods, ”I have. I’m not looking for something big. 2 story house, fairly traditional looking. 2 bedrooms. Office for when I work from home. Open concept floorplan and…” His train of thought seems to come to a pause as his gaze shifts over your shoulder. Briefly David’s eyes return to your face, before drifting again. “Who’s that?”

You turn and look, then smile. Settling into a quiet spot, sketch pad in her lap and bird perched above her, is Xantha. “Thats Xantha Disthenos. She’s a local artist.”

Quietly, to himself, David murmurs “She is beautiful…” Then blinks, a bit sheepishly, “What kind of art does she do?”

“A variety of styles. When we’re done here I can introduce you if you’d like.”

“Um, yeah. That would be ah…Thank you.”

You cant help but smile, “What kind of interior design do you like?”

“Nothing too modern. A little more traditional.” He seems to be having trouble keeping his mind on the conversation. “Oh! And a hot tub out back, privacy fencing…kind of an asian zen relaxing kind of back yard but still very natural…”

“All those things are doable. What budget are we working with?”

“I have a bank loan for $60,000.”

“Okay. Will two weeks be soon enough?”

“Yeah, thats fine.” He stands up, eyes focused on Xantha. Swallowing a snicker, you take him over to introduce him to the artist.

Requirements:
    • 20×30 or 30×30 lot
    • $60,000 budget
    • 2 story house
    • 2 bedroom
    • Office
    • Open Concept
    • Traditional style interior design
    • Privacy fence
    • Hot Tub out back
    • Relaxing but natural looking back yard

Optional:
    Make David Chambers. His three traits are: Brave, Disciplined, Hopeless Romantic. You choose the last two. Show him enjoying his new life.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2014
    Loving the new challenge!! Maybe, just maybe, I'll work on this one ;)
    Haven't build for BnS in a while now.

And not to forget, All entries for Venus are just plain AWESOME! :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    And not to forget, All entries for Venus are just plain AWESOME! :)

Sorry, I thought that that would be stating the obvious :P
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2014
    Cathasaigh wrote:
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"

NAME: linzlulubell

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8036171

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lin-zlulubell/slideshow/Sugar Plum Wishes

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Pictures for the optional are at the end of the house pictures and most are captioned. Victors other traits are shy, dog person, and angler. Victor also choose the nerd social group all on his own. He really liked the stock pond in the back yard and got his fishing skill level to 10 in just a few days! He's a hopeless romantic but his shy trait gets in the way of it showing. Venus' other traits are brave, rebellious, and brooding. She likes to blow glass objects, play her big piano and garden. She also likes to stare out the window a lot and brood. Her fav place is the rocker in the nursery, even before the baby girl Valentine was born. Venus had the baby on Valentines Day so naturally I named her valentine and decorated her nursery according. Venus did not choose a social group. Jarvis' other traits are great kisser, irresistible and natural cook. I though it would be cool and shake things up a bit to make Jarvis a good looking Rico Suaveé, can Venus resist? He also chose nerd social group and likes to sit in the playhouse and read or do things in his room. He also enjoys talking to Venus more than Victor. I made Valentines traits perceptive and loves the cold.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:$249,357 50x50

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 5BR 3.5BA Traditional Victorian floor plan with stained glass windows. Green house, Garage, Mini Victorian playhouse with Ballet Bar, stock pond, lush gardens, hidden glass blowing hobby room, imported antiques, and lots of wildlife spawners. Usable, fun porch and outdoor areas. And Happy birthday to me!!!!!!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:no cc

Where did you get your front door? I really like it, but I can't find it on the Store. Same with the fence/railing you used for your porches.

It's from a venue.... The gothic library maybe? I'll find out for sure and let you know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top