Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited February 2014
    suepea wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:
    Aww!! Happy valentines day to you too Suepea!

edit: btw, is that a photo you took yourself Suepea?

Yes, at Le Jardin des Plantes in Paris :-)

Gorgeous!

Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    EleneKEleneK Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2014
    Is this due this Wed or next? I'm still tweeking a bedroom and have the big garden to plant.
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2014
    EleneK wrote:
    Is this due this Wed or next? I'm still tweeking a bedroom and have the big garden to plant.
    This Wednesday. Due date is 19 February.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Darn. By the way,LOVE the pink flamingos. But I lived in Baton Rouge so I'm biased.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Intermediate results are posted for Natures Child!!

Results can be found here

Thank you all for the patience! It has taken me longer than usual to get them up.

• Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2014
    Lebanna wrote:
    Intermediate results are posted for Natures Child!!

Results can be found here

Thank you all for the patience! It has taken me longer than usual to get them up.
    Congrats to all the winners! I know this one was hard to judge with all those awesome entries--so great big thanks to all the judges as well! :D
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2014
    Congrats Haan1, Massajo and Suepea!

And holy cow look at all those entries! :shock: Thank you for judging, Lebanna!

How's everyone's build coming along for Venus? I decided to start a second one, just for fun, but it's turned out way better than the first, so now I'm trying to upscale it a bit (I did it on a 20x40 lot, because 50x50 just seemed too big for the house I was building.) It's also significantly cheaper than the other (currently about 50K cheaper,) though I haven't done any of the landscaping yet.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh my goodness, that was an unexpected surprise! ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

First, thank you so much, Lebanna, for the time and effort you put into this and all the other competitions. It is much appreciated. I was getting a little worried for you with all the Intermediate entries :shock:

Many congrats, not only to Haan1 and Massajo, but to everyone who entered. I can't imagine having to chose winners out of this group.

I thought about entering for Advanced but I didn't use any cheats on this build (and then there was the jaw dropping Fallingwater entry from ArikaB to go up against :wink: ) so I thought I'd hang back this time. I am planning on entering my build in the Advanced category this time around. I am still wading through the minutiae and finding more and more details that I want to get right.

Again, much appreciation for the recognition for this build.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Aww! I like judging for all of you ;) It's a great inspiration source ;) Google can't beat that ;)

25 entries (only intermediate)! haha it was a lot of work! More than I anticipated.
    Faith and ISTHARJMD had their hands full too! pff! But it means BnS is doing good, so that's good :)

Can't wait for all the entries for the victorian! it's going to be awesome!!

• Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited February 2014
    Congrats to the Intermediate winners, and like everyone else I don't envy you Lebanna with having to judge.

Thanks for reminding me about the garden I tend to forget and the rug is by OM @ Sims3-FreeDownloads

@ Suepea your braver than me ArikaB scares me with her amazing builds.
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited February 2014
    congrats to all the winners

My Victorian is almost done just need to do the outside :D and if I have time I'll try doing the optional challenge :wink: . Hope I make it :mrgreen:.
  • Options
    LORILYELORILYE Posts: 48 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Congratulations to all of the winners of natures child!And the Honorable mentions!
  • Options
    MimiLuvsPJOMimiLuvsPJO Posts: 19
    edited February 2014
    Oh dear, I've just gotten to work on it today, and I can't use the computer during the weekdays, too busy. I hope I get this finished.
    I doubt it though, I've never made a Victorian house or anything like it. :shock:
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2014
    My strengths are my creativity and making basic things kind of unique. My biggest weakness is my roofing skills. I make these floor plans that just aren't condusive to a workable roof. I get so frustrated!
    Someone may have already beat me to it by the time I post this, but I find myself constantly referencing ruthless_kk's roofing tutorial for Zoo U. She walks you through the different roof types, how to properly utilize them and where they're most appropriate.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/527220.page#8368990
    Lesson 2 is specific to Victorian roofs.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/527220.page#8432633
    It all seems very intimidating but once you know the techniques you'll be fine. :-)

Thanks! That tutorial was really helpful! I have a really hard time finding good roofing tutorials, and this was exactly what I needed!
    No worries! Your lot looks great, by the way. :)

Thanks! I worked really hard on it...

Are you going to enter?
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2014
    VannaRed wrote:
    suepea wrote:
    Lebanna wrote:
    Aww!! Happy valentines day to you too Suepea!

edit: btw, is that a photo you took yourself Suepea?

Yes, at Le Jardin des Plantes in Paris :-)

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PHOTO!!!!

I second that! It's gorgeous, and looks professional!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    So I finish my house and I begin to take pictures. I then notice that some of my painted ceiling tiles have shifted out of the house. Inside the house I randomly have a hole in the ceiling where you see sky. I double check and yes there is a floor tile there. There shouldn't be a hole. Is anyone else having trouble with this? It is starting to get on my nerves. I put way too much work into this house.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    EleneK wrote:
    So I finish my house and I begin to take pictures. I then notice that some of my painted ceiling tiles have shifted out of the house. Inside the house I randomly have a hole in the ceiling where you see sky. I double check and yes there is a floor tile there. There shouldn't be a hole. Is anyone else having trouble with this? It is starting to get on my nerves. I put way too much work into this house.

What cheats, if any, have you used? The shifting ceiling tiles sound like a CFE thing. Did you use the CFE cheat? If so you can try a couple of things: first, delete a section of wall near where the ceiling tiles are wonky. Then undo the delete and if you found the right spot, the ceiling should be back in place. Second, turn the CFE cheat back on and make sure all your levels are leveled out to the right height.

Have you used buydebug lights in your build? That causes the holes in the ceiling. I don't know if there is a workaround for that but I think it only affects the view when you take pictures so I just try to take my pictures from an angle that doesn't include the hole. It doesn't seem to affect the game itself. No rain or snow comes in the house so I think it's just a graphic glitch.

Hope this helps!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2014
    EleneK wrote:

I had the same exact problem! After a bit of frustration, I deleted the floor tiles and re-tiled the space. Then I was able to tile the ceiling. :D I was not using CFE, so it was definitely not that for me. I hope this helps!
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited February 2014
    @EleneK, I have that same problem sometimes. In my current Victorian there is a 3x6 space in the ceiling of the master bedroom where it won't let me tile the ceiling, even though there's flooring on the level above. I even moved the debug lights out of the way, and there's still no way to add ceiling. :?: So I did what Suepea suggested and just took pics at an angle where the sky wouldn't show. It's really frustrating. As for the wonky tiles showing up outside, I usually just have to rotate around the house at all angles in Live mode to find them, and then go into Build mode and use the sledgehammer to remove them - just be careful because it's really easy to accidentally delete other things in the process. They usually show up after I've used CFE. Hope you have better luck getting your ceiling tiled than I'm having!

Congratulations to Suepea, Masajo, Haan1, and iampes23 on your wins!

@Lebanna, that was a daunting pile of entries to get through. You are a such a trouper for doing it!
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2014
    iampes23 wrote:
    EleneK wrote:

I had the same exact problem! After a bit of frustration, I deleted the floor tiles and re-tiled the space. Then I was able to tile the ceiling. :D I was not using CFE, so it was definitely not that for me. I hope this helps!
    Yep. This happened to me and I used the same fix as iampes. It doesn't work in basements though.

The phantom tiles appearing outside of the house are just as easily fixed. Just angle down underneath them until you can see them and use the sledgehammer tool to delete them. Occasionally they do appear on different floors, but because it's such a weird angle they appear at it generally doesn't matter that much, but if you want to fix it try using that same angle on each floor (foundation too.)
  • Options
    SimminGirlSimminGirl Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    Congrats to the winners of intermediate! Awesome builds <3 WTG SuePea for your top marks!
  • Options
    trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY Venus 233-235

NAME: Trashdocka

LINK TO LOT:
    With CC:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/dwj22ww084aj9v3/Venus_Challenge_by_Sekyria.Sims3Pack
    Without CC:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8033899

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s788.photobucket.com/user/Sekyria/library/Venus%20BnS-Challenge?sort=2&page=1

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x50 lot, total cost: 243 373 Simoleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Victorian house, 3 bedrooms, 1 butler-room, 1 laundry, 1 office, 1 kitchen+breakfast, 1 living, 1 dining, 2 bathrooms, 1 winecellar

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    - Victorian Syle Wall set by Mutske
    - Deco Clutter Plate by Mutske
    - Kitchen supllies by Mutske
    - Enchanted ivy by Murano
    - Emilys plant vase by christine
    - Emilys Painting by christine
    - Victorian painting set by Freddie

pic1_zps635ad3db.jpg
    I call myself sekyria, but i used to call myself trashdocka and now i cant rename my account. X) Just wanted to explain why it says sekyria in the picture.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LORILYELORILYE Posts: 48 New Member
    edited February 2014
    EleneK wrote:

Yes, I have had problems with it too. I think I deleted most of them but I could not put ceiling tiles on my porches because of this problem. Like you I covered all ceilings with floor tiles. The roofs are tricky. I did my best considering my porch is wider in some places then the recommended width of a porch but I like wide porches and have to deal with the roof/ceiling tile issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm not alone!!!! Yeah, I've used both of those as a matter of fact. My foundation is shortened walls because I thought I'd be putting in a basement. There are a couple of Buydebug lights. I've been fixing it by tearing out the floor above, relay it, then repaint. I managed to avoid getting the problems in my pictures. I'm just tired of having to go back and clean it up.
  • Options
    dducknbelledducknbelle Posts: 126 Member
    edited February 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM 233-235 Venus

NAME: OXseashellXO

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8019025

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s41.photobucket.com/user/seashell034/library/Build and Share/233-235 Venus

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: MAYBE, will update.

LEVEL: I don't know! I'm thinking maybe advanced, but that might be because I really like how it turned out...

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 60x60, 20 Summer Hill Court, 255,600 Simoleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This traditional Victorian manor follows the Victorian style of small rooms, with a separate room for each type of activity. With so many rooms, Victorian hallways were very large in proportion (today it would seem like a waste of space). I arranged the pictures (of the rooms) in a clockwise fashion, starting with the hallway for each floor. I included pictures of the family enjoying their new home. The way the pictures are arranged, the family's storyline is a bit out of order. This was because I thought it would be easier to get a clear picture of the house using a room by room structure.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: none

Your house is beautiful!! I love all the little, and exquisite details.. Have recommended it and downloaded it!!

=) Jess
    I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top