Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    @Karnzter Thank you for your helpful advice. Anyone with Kapersky having ad problems should really benefit from it especially.
    Yes, I have tried updating Flash. And adjusted settings in chrome flags.
    The curious part is that I used to get ads on each: Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox respectively just fine before.
    Not sure what changed.
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    @Kylieb191 You are very welcome!

I rarely play in that world but I think it has the small rabbit holes for jobs? Not sure, but if this world has that, I always used them in the CAW's I downloaded from the exchange. I would place them underground and build a building to hide the weird clusters of job venues. Not sure I am making sense, it has been a crazy day :D Glad you wanted it (well, it was on your WL) and hope you enjoy your new world!

Hugs back at you!

It does and I actually like it moreso than the "normal" rabbit holes. Oooh I actually like that idea, haha you do but don't worry I know that feeling all too well, at work I hardly make any sense when I talk to people, (Haha true true :P :joy:) Thank you, I really am enjoying it and more, is it bad that i've already taken a ton of pictures? lol

@lauravonawesome No problem! It's such a cute dress, so much so that you had to have it lol :)
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    Can I buy something on DD and then gift it or no??
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

Yes. Even if you own a store item, you can still gift it to others
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Top 5 updated by one.

Thanks @Nomiko13 for your gifts :) Spellbound Diary, Faire Tale Shell Vase, Mystic Butterflies!

You're so welcome :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited May 2017
    If by this you mean "Can I buy something at a discounted rate on the DD and gift it to someone at this discounted rate?", then the answer is no.

If you mean "Can I buy something for myself at a discounted rate on the DD for myself and gift it to someone else for full price later on?", then the answer is yes.

You cannot gift someone anything at a discounted rate, no matter if it's on the DD or Specials. If you gift someone something, you'll always pay full price for the gift.

Edit: @Jahnna pointed out to me that apparently you can gift at a discounted rate if the item is on the Specials-sale, provided the item is located on one of the top three spots in you WL. These gifts cannot be traditionally given through the WL like other gifts, but they can be gifted from the three-item short mini-WL that shows up on the user's My Page to the right.
    Post edited by LillaGrisen on
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited May 2017
    You cannot gift someone anything at a discounted rate, no matter if it's on the DD or Specials. If you gift someone something, you'll always pay full price for the gift.

That's actually not 100% true. If something is on sale it's possible to gift someone that item with the sale price but that only works if they put that item at the very top of the list, position 1-3. When you view their profile you can see the first 3 items on their wishlist and see if they have a sales discount and with "Gift this Item" underneath you can gift it there and then with the discount.
    But that only works with sales to my knowledge but it's still kind of useless now since the sales page has been stuck for like 5 months.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Jahnna wrote: »

That's actually not 100% true. If something is on sale it's possible to gift someone that item with the sale price but that only works if they put that item at the very top of the list, position 1-3. When you view their profile you can see the first 3 items on their wishlist and see if they have a sales discount and with "Gift this Item" underneath you can gift it there and then with the discount.
    But that only works with sales to my knowledge but it's still kind of useless now since the sales page has been stuck for like 5 months.

I didn't know this :open_mouth:
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Jahnna Oh, really? I mean, it probably won't help since - like you said - the sales have been stuck for half a year and I don't believe they'll be fixing the sales page anytime soon, but it's nice to know :smile: I'll edit that into my post!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options

Thank you for this info. I had no clue that this was possible at all.
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    like many here, i did not know that you could gift someone an item from the sale section not at full price.

man, it's been 2 days since i've seen any ads at all... i restarted my browser and ran advanced systemcare on both my laptop and my pc, so might reboot and see if that helps.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    @lauravonawesome Good luck with the reboot, I hope it helps.
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @lauravonawesome Good luck with the reboot, I hope it helps.

thanks, i hope it does too. nothing yet, but i usually get the majority of my ads after 10 pm anyway; if this doesn't work, i'll try my husband's computer and see if i can get any there.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

Thank you for this info. I had no clue that this was possible at all.

It use to be that way where you could put it at the very top and pay the sale price when gifting.

As far as I know, they changed that to where you couldn't get the sale price when gifting. I haven't tried it in a while, but last I knew.....you couldn't.
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited May 2017
    Wow, lots of activity here. So, spent a whopping hour farming on my Mac earlier and netted over 1,000 SP. I'm telling ya, there is a definite bias in favor of MacOS v Windows with ads. I managed maybe 50 points all week on my laptop.

(Pre-note: I realize while proof reading this that the following may sound snarky. That is because text has no tone of voice. I am trying to present information, not lecture. But regardless of tone or not, I feel I need to say it.)

On the topic of new members, I still stand by my position that it hurts no one to boost a new member into full membership quickly. This doesn't give them gold card status or anything, just the ability to link their wishlist and top 5 in their signature, which this thread strongly promotes doing.

In my opinion, gifting an active thread member vs a "beggar" is a whole separate issue. A valid issue, but a separate one. And, honestly, one that each person can make themselves when gifting. I've reviewed the "requirements" of participating in this thread as stated by @Reachsims and she never said anything about witty banter. Just maintaining a neat list and keeping it current.

I didn't mean to start a "he said/she said." I don't think I made this debate, I merely stirred something up unknowingly. I'm sorry if anyone got upset. We have fun here. And we give and get presents. I'm gonna try to get back to that.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options

You have not updated your original Top 5 post since January. I assume your Top 5 from the original post was gifted because your Sims3 store wishlist only has 7 items, which 5 are expensive.

I always go to the first page here and scroll to your name, which takes me to your original Top 5 post. That is how I discovered it :D You need to add more to your wish list ;)
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member

As far as I know, they changed that to where you couldn't get the sale price when gifting. I haven't tried it in a while, but last I knew.....you couldn't.

I actually did that just before the sale pages f'd up. I gifted @BenjaminBankss the chinese wind chimes that way when it was on sale.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    @Kylieb191 You're very welcome! ooh I love hearing that I was part of helping others to get sets for cheap/free -awesome! B) Oh yep, Dusty_Boots-WB is my username at the store. I use slightly different names at the store & forum because I wanted to prevent anyone from trying to gift me. I already own the entire store on an older account and I'd hate to see anyone accidentally waste precious points on me.

@Sandpitturtle You're very welcome! And I hope you're feeling better by now :mrgreen:

@lauravonawesome You're very welcome! Oh I love that Bohemian Garden set. It gives us a whole new style of yard/patio seating. My gardening sims adore reading in that hanging chair under the gazebo. And the new plants and recipes are wonderful fun. Berries!! :yum:

@Nomiko13 You're very welcome! I love scanning your Top 5 and Wishlist. Its all so well organized and focused, its easy to see what you're aiming at! It makes it so easy to choose a related higher priced gift if I have the points to spare. :cookie:

@lilrosaleen You're very welcome! I'd tried to send gifts before but the store didn't cooperate. *grumble* I'm glad it finally worked out! :)
  • Options

I actually did that just before the sale pages f'd up. I gifted @BenjaminBankss the chinese wind chimes that way when it was on sale.

Funny, yesterday I went to some simmer's WL, from last few pages here, to try it out, and no one had a sale item on their top 3 on their wall, LOL

So, are you saying it doesn't work since the sales pages are messed up?
  • Options
    @charlotteprice I added temporarily the cheapest item from the sale page, that I don't have on the first space of my top five list, in case you want to test this still.
  • Options
    @charlotteprice I added temporarily the cheapest item from the sale page, that I don't have on the first space of my top five list, in case you want to test this still.

Ok, let me go check :)
  • Options

Ok, let me go check :)

You have 3 25sp items in your top 3. It does not show that its a sales item. Looking at your full WL, it doesn't show the red tag next to any of them. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    @charlotteprice That was lightening speed. It already went through. Thank you so much for the arcade. ;0
    But the question is now, did it charge you the sale price or the full price for gifting it?
    The sale price is 168 SimPoints and the full original price is 234 SimPoints.
  • Options
    Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member

Funny, yesterday I went to some simmer's WL, from last few pages here, to try it out, and no one had a sale item on their top 3 on their wall, LOL

So, are you saying it doesn't work since the sales pages are messed up?

Nope, it didn't work for me :(
    lilrosaleen had the Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine at the # 1 slot on her wishlist. I went to her My Page at the store and saw the top 3 items from her wishlist there. The Pinball Machine showed as being on sale for 168points. I clicked gift and it went through. But, I was charged the full price of 234points.

Sometimes I'm too curious for my own good! :D