Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @Franny - Agreed. I think EA has cut down on the number/size of the servers they are using to run the Sims 3 Store and this website. Also, there seems to be less and less involvement, as time goes by, of any EA employees (by any name or title) managing and updating this website. So, there we are... now, we even have a few disappearing posts when we go to edit a post. :anguished::heartbreak:

@Assirk - Continuing on the same topic... I think many of the ads may have run their course (contractual commitment) and I am hoping the "EA salesman" will end his coffee break and start promoting the advertising space again/more. I am seeing very few ads now, too. It took an hour yesterday for me to earn 70 SimPoints. At that rate, well, there's simply better and more productive ways for me to spend my time. :s

I am glad you got the set, though, and I was happy to help out along with my chocolate buddy, @charlotteprice. I want to add that, in this climate of precious, few ads and a slow website, I appreciate those of you who make every effort to grab that Daily Deal especially when you have requested items for it. Thank you so much for respecting the time we give to collecting SimPoints!

It was so much easier to just buy them! LOL.
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    "Provence" is on sale for 320 SP for me. I do not feel comfortable doing the free sp ads, so any help world be great.
    #42 "Surface al Fresco" 75 SP
    #48 "Moelleux Sofa with Carved Apron" 81 SP
    #10 "Pastoral Practical Kitchen Shelf" 26 SP
    #1 "Pastoral Reflections" 25 SP
    #51 "Moelleux Living Chair" 81 SP
    Have a great day/night <3o:)
    Updated. <3

• Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Updated my Top 5 thanks to @CharlottePrice. Happy simming!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    "Provence" is on sale for 275 SP for me. I do not feel comfortable doing the free sp ads, so any help world be great.
    #42 "Surface al Fresco" 75 SP
    #48 "Moelleux Sofa with Carved Apron" 81 SP
    #31 "Country Carved Coffee Table" 55 SP
    #1 "Pastoral Reflections" 25 SP
    #51 "Moelleux Living Chair" 81 SP
    Have a great day/night <3o:)
    Updated again <3<3

• Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    @Franny - Agreed. I think EA has cut down on the number/size of the servers they are using to run the Sims 3 Store and this website. Also, there seems to be less and less involvement, as time goes by, of any EA employees (by any name or title) managing and updating this website. So, there we are... now, we even have a few disappearing posts when we go to edit a post. :anguished::heartbreak:

@Assirk - Continuing on the same topic... I think many of the ads may have run their course (contractual commitment) and I am hoping the "EA salesman" will end his coffee break and start promoting the advertising space again/more. I am seeing very few ads now, too. It took an hour yesterday for me to earn 70 SimPoints. At that rate, well, there's simply better and more productive ways for me to spend my time. :s

I am glad you got the set, though, and I was happy to help out along with my chocolate buddy, @charlotteprice. I want to add that, in this climate of precious, few ads and a slow website, I appreciate those of you who make every effort to grab that Daily Deal especially when you have requested items for it. Thank you so much for respecting the time we give to collecting SimPoints!

It was so much easier to just buy them! LOL.

This makes me sad! :'( The Sims 3 needs some lovin', too!

I have thought about just buying SP no lie. :D I think a lot of people do.
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited January 2016
    These past few days have been wonderful! Thank you to everyone for your kindness and generosity. <3

Today I would like to thank @Sookie_54 for the cute Bearly On Time Clock. I love it! <3

Thank you as well; to sweet @charlotteprice, for the Moon Rabbit Pajamas and the Little Slugger Pajamas! They are adorable! <3

Finally, thank you to @Cabelle1863, for the Choo Choo Pajamas and the Draw String Gown! Can't wait to try them out in game! Oh, and stay safe in the snow! <3

ETA: @Franny, I actually did buy enough points to get @djsdragongirl a couple of things.
  • Options
    Sookie_54Sookie_54 Posts: 429 Member
    I've thought about buying points as well...dang ads
  • Options
    KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    I bought points a few times this season. Got my Mystery Bag dragon mirror that I was coveting, and pumped up my gifting points a bit.
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @Franny et al, it is sad but I'm not buying any SimPoints. I quit buying them when EA discontinued our ability to gift items/sets on the Daily Deal. That was nearly three years ago and because I made the decision based upon a principle, I see no reason to change what I'm doing. When the ads program started running, I waited six months before I started watching the ads, as they were scarce and the original 50 points per day limit was not worth the trouble to me. Things changed to improve our ability to collect SimPoints but EA never changed their gifting rule. It is what it is and I prefer to use my money elsewhere. :|

When the ads flow easily, there's a lot of gifting around here. When the ads slow down to a trickle, well... I think brighter days are still to come. We've had several times when the ads were scarce. Hopefully, the website (and the Sims 3 Store website) get some attention soon. They need it!
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    @Franny et al, it is sad but I'm not buying any SimPoints. I quit buying them when EA discontinued our ability to gift items/sets on the Daily Deal. That was nearly three years ago and because I made the decision based upon a principle, I see no reason to change what I'm doing. When the ads program started running, I waited six months before I started watching the ads, as they were scarce and the original 50 points per day limit was not worth the trouble to me. Things changed to improve our ability to collect SimPoints but EA never changed their gifting rule. It is what it is and I prefer to use my money elsewhere. :|

When the ads flow easily, there's a lot of gifting around here. When the ads slow down to a trickle, well... I think brighter days are still to come. We've had several times when the ads were scarce. Hopefully, the website (and the Sims 3 Store website) get some attention soon. They need it!

Agreed!
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Thank you @Assirk and @MysteryGhost2013 :kissing_heart:

Also a big thank you to @Hayley~Belle, @Nevills, @kuroi_nekomata and @Sookie_54 for the lovely gifts :heart: I've updated my top 5.
  • Options
    Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    @Martje89 it's a pleasure <3
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you so much to @Martje89, for the Curly Bed Head! I was the person above you in the Gift the Person above you thread. I am so close to owning the Luxe Kidwears now! <3

Also, thank you @HayleyJBelle for the Rough Rodeo Table Sculpture! It will look great on my sofa tables. <3
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I have updated my Top 5 Here :)

Thank you @charlotteprice, @Cabelle1863 and @Martje89 for helping me do so! <3

ETA: Forgot a name!

• Options
    @Hayley~Belle, your My Page name is @HayleyJBelle, right? :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Okblondee7 wrote: »

Yes that's me. Glad you liked the gift x
    Post edited by Hayley~Belle on
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options

Yes that's me. Glad you liked the gift x

Good to know; and I love the sculpture! <3
  • Options
    Just to show how strange the store can be, I am getting this whenever I click on a wishlist; including my own:

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:920)
    com.ea.sims3store.web.servlet.Sims3StoreDispatcherServlet.doDispatch(Sims3StoreDispatcherServlet.java:59)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:809)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
    com.ea.sims3store.web.filter.HttpRequestFilter.doFilter(HttpRequestFilter.java:42)
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
    org.springframework.security.securechannel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:116)
    org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:99)

root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.36 logs.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    How lovely. :|
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Martje89 you're welcome for the gift. Once you get to store ownage you still end up stalking the DD just the forum instead.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Just to show how strange the store can be, I am getting this whenever I click on a wishlist; including my own:

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:920)
    com.ea.sims3store.web.servlet.Sims3StoreDispatcherServlet.doDispatch(Sims3StoreDispatcherServlet.java:59)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:809)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
    com.ea.sims3store.web.filter.HttpRequestFilter.doFilter(HttpRequestFilter.java:42)
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)
    org.springframework.security.securechannel.ChannelProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(ChannelProcessingFilter.java:116)
    org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
    org.springframework.security.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:99)

root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.36 logs.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    How lovely. :|

Omg yass I got that today too! I thought that was just me, so I'm glad that somebody else finds that they are having this problem! Hopefully they will fix this soon!
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    @Assirk, it seems to have cleared up, now that it's bedtime. :)
  • Options
    Wow! I am so glad that it did! Thank you, @Reachsims for your help! I now own Luxe Kidswear! You are so very sweet and generous! <3<3
  • Options
    @wittanthony1 thank you for the mystic butterflies, I love them. Nice way to start this early cold wet morning!
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    MysteryGhost2013MysteryGhost2013 Posts: 406 Member
    Thank you so much @ApparentlyAwesome for gifting me Dulcinea Guitar, I love it :D
    Here is my Top 5