Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @LillaGrisen I haven't seen anyone around here fitting that description! Is Ninja the right word, or is she some kind of criminal, going around wiping people's top 5 right out from under them?
    This is the second time it has happened to you? Oh my, it really doesn't pay to take off for a couple days.
    I have NO info on this person :D

In all seriousness, you are welcome <sounded like a confession, I am not guilty

<3<3<3

(I was going to give you cookies, but don't know how to make the cookie emoji)
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @LillaGrisen I haven't seen anyone around here fitting that description! Is Ninja the right word, or is she some kind of criminal, going around wiping people's top 5 right out from under them?
    This is the second time it has happened to you? Oh my, it really doesn't pay to take off for a couple days.

I believe this person may very well be a gifting-ninja and a top 5-wiper!
    I'm sorry to hear that you have no information on this simmer - we can only hope that someone does. At least it's a relief to know that you are not guilty of these crimes, despite your confession. I need simmers I can trust :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited April 2017
    Jude525 wrote: »

<3<3<3

:cookie::cookie::cookie:

You just use the colons around the word "cookie" but they gotta be on either side with no spacing :tongue:

And gosh darnit @LillaGrisen , you got me again. I was just about to get on a hurry and ask if your forum posting issue has been resolved like I did the last time :joy: You'd be one heck of a writer, my gawd. You have a knack for drawing attention in and creating suspense!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

<3<3<3

You just use the colons around the word "cookie" but they gotta be on either side with no spacing :tongue:

And gosh darnit @LillaGrisen , you got me again. I was just about to get on a hurry and ask if your forum posting issue has been resolved like I did the last time :joy: You'd be one heck of a writer, my gawd. You have a knack for drawing attention in and creating suspense!
    I just thought I'd add to the first part that you can also hover with the mouse over the emoji and see how the commenter went about posting their emoji (compare :D and :lol:). Furthermore, using a colon will bring up a list of emojis and typing different letters after the colon will change this list to reveal other emojis, some of which are not available among the sixteen (in lack of better words) "standard" emojis, such as (but obviously not limited to) the following emojis :cookie::warning::grey_question::rage::trollface::kissing_heart::fearful::sweat_smile::relaxed:

@Nomiko13 :joy: I apologise for confusing you! That's actually always a bit of a concern of mine when I post a "what the plum happened to my top 5?"-comment. A lot of the times I think about putting a "this is a joke-comment" sort of warning in there, but then I usually skip it since I feel like it would ruin the "punchline" (if you can call a "thank you for the gifts" a punchline :kissing_closed_eyes:).
    I will take your comment as a compliment, though! :blush: Thank you!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @LillaGrisen LOL that's how I found out about the emojis: typing colons and then a letter to see the choices. :)

And it's no problem at all! :sob: And it would definitely ruin the joke :scream:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited April 2017
    From my TOP 5. :)

@charlotteprice thanks for the Terrific Tuxedo, Classic Tuxedo, Teacher's Threads, Ruffles! Dress and T-Shirt Tuxedo!!! <3

This clothes is soo cute. Thank you!!! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    omg @charlotteprice cleared out my top 5 again! i can't thank you enough~ many hugs :heart: s and :cookie: s to you!

top 5 updated!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you @charlotteprice and @xJulle for your gifts!! Just love them :blush:
    and thank you @LillaGrisen for your explanation, the thread was really useful :)

My updated top 5:
    1. Overly General Dining Chair
    2. Wood-framed Bedstead
    3. Gothic Glamour Living Room- Technophobic's Terror Television
    4. Ultra Lounge Wall Shelf
    5. Orchids of Many

Happy simming :blush:
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @GREENEYA @lauravonawesome @Sally_ You are very welcome! Enjoy your gifts!

:cookie::o I did it :blush:
  • Options
    xJullexJulle Posts: 272 Member
    @charlotteprice thank you so so much!! o:)
    Updated my top 5!
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen Thank you for the emoji lesson! I'd no idea about any of that. :mrgreen:
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options

<3<3<3

@LillaGrisen Thank you for the emoji lesson! I'd no idea about any of that. :mrgreen:

Ok @Jude525 Now that you know how, where is my cookie? :D
  • Options
    xJulle wrote: »
    @charlotteprice thank you so so much!! o:)
    Updated my top 5!

You are very welcome! :cookie:
  • Options

<3<3<3

Ok @Jude525 Now that you know how, where is my cookie? :D

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2017
    @charlotteprice Thank you so much for gifting me my entire Top 5!!!
  • Options
    Since I am actually playing TS4 right now, is anyone interested in friending me on Origin? My account ID is Jude525. Don't know that there is any advantage, unless anyone is into chatting while playing the game. I think I might enjoy that. Or at least giving it a try. I'm trying to complete the PlantSim challenge before it ends.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @charlotteprice Thank you so much for gifting me my entire Top 5!!!

You are very welcome! Enjoy your gifts :)
  • Options
    @Jude525 I literally cracked up when I saw all those cookies. You are a pro at them now :flushed:

I have not found a Top 5 for you in quite a while. I looked under JoeJude16 (I think that was your old name) and found nothing. Not even under Jude525. Do you own the store now?

Oh, Thanks for all those cookies *not sharing* :D
  • Options
    oh my goodness, a very heartfelt thank-you to @charlotteprice for the sizzle baby deep fryer!

have some more cookies :cookie::cookie::cookie:
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Options
    @charlotteprice I don't own the store, but haven't had a wish list for a while now. I don't plan on owning the store, and I am down to my last five items on the DD list. Once that is done I will be buying my last two CAS sets that I want. I have the points for all of these already "banked." Now that I have MMAO working again I have been playing with my extra points to see what MMAO exclusives I may be interested in, and individual CAS items that I otherwise had decided I didn't want at full price. But mostly, even at a discount, I'm only likely to be interested if these are bundled with any Exclusives that I find I like.

Sadly, the way that the MMAO works is making this a very difficult process. It doesn't recognize the retail worlds that I own, and if I own the regular version of a world it tries to sell me the Gold. Just like it does to everyone. Also, I have a few sets that I have the Download button on that have never quite registered as fully owned. I can download the set as a whole, but individual items still show as unowned and show up in the MMAO. This provides for a lot of useless clutter messing up any possible deals. I got a few great deals when it first came back online for me last month that saved me quite a bit on Fifth Avenue Fashions, but then it ran dry until the other day when I snagged three individual CAS items plus two Exclusives in one bundle. Yay!

So, back to the point, no more wishlist for me. Thanks for looking and asking. Please move on to the next eligible contestant. My time here now is as adviser and, when the ads play nice, gifter. B)

NOTE: I see no reason to contact EA about those odd downloadable sets. The download button is a quirk. In each case I actually only own about 20% of the total content, so my CYS doesn't calculate properly and my access is clearly a glitch. I think it would be rude to call and say "Hey, can you please fix your glitch in my favor so that I can get more stuff at a discount with my free Simpoints." o:)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited April 2017
    oh my goodness, a very heartfelt thank-you to @charlotteprice for the sizzle baby deep fryer!

have some more cookies :cookie::cookie::cookie:

You are very welcome! I use this for about all my sims in the game! Nothing like deep fried foods :D

*thanks for the cookies, eats cookies on the way out*
  • Options
    @charlotteprice I don't own the store, but haven't had a wish list for a while now. I don't plan on owning the store, and I am down to my last five items on the DD list. Once that is done I will be buying my last two CAS sets that I want. I have the points for all of these already "banked." Now that I have MMAO working again I have been playing with my extra points to see what MMAO exclusives I may be interested in, and individual CAS items that I otherwise had decided I didn't want at full price. But mostly, even at a discount, I'm only likely to be interested if these are bundled with any Exclusives that I find I like.

Sadly, the way that the MMAO works is making this a very difficult process. It doesn't recognize the retail worlds that I own, and if I own the regular version of a world it tries to sell me the Gold. Just like it does to everyone. Also, I have a few sets that I have the Download button on that have never quite registered as fully owned. I can download the set as a whole, but individual items still show as unowned and show up in the MMAO. This provides for a lot of useless clutter messing up any possible deals. I got a few great deals when it first came back online for me last month that saved me quite a bit on Fifth Avenue Fashions, but then it ran dry until the other day when I snagged three individual CAS items plus two Exclusives in one bundle. Yay!

So, back to the point, no more wishlist for me. Thanks for looking and asking. Please move on to the next eligible contestant. My time here now is as adviser and, when the ads play nice, gifter. B)

NOTE: I see no reason to contact EA about those odd downloadable sets. The download button is a quirk. In each case I actually only own about 20% of the total content, so my CYS doesn't calculate properly and my access is clearly a glitch. I think it would be rude to call and say "Hey, can you please fix your glitch in my favor so that I can get more stuff at a discount with my free Simpoints." o:)

Oh, gotcha! Yeah, it doesn't show me as owning Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay, or Monte Vista, even though I do. Seeing Stars wants me to purchase it for 2100 sp's and doesn't show I own any items from that set, but if I click on the individual items it will give me a DL button for each one individually! Show Stopping shows the blue DL button for the set, but none of the individual items are marked as owned. I have other sets like that too. Makes no sense to me how that happens.

I always liked using the MMAO back then, kinda sad it does me no good now. I still click it every now and then thinking maybe something will roll, but only the "impressed" shows up :D
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    @charlotteprice It shows you don't own Dragon Valley, BB and Monte Vista? :O I've actually had this problem before as well with an EP or so but it resolved itself after some time. I wished I had Dragon Valley but got no real money to spend on something like this. I was always obsessed with the dragons from Sims 1. :confounded::cry:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Jude525 I have the same issue when it comes to worlds (CaS items too, but especially worlds) I already own the standard version of showing up in MMAO. It really does create a lot of unnecessary clutter that makes it harder for us to get the good deals.

On the plus side, I did get a very nice run of ads today that put me almost back up to where I was before I bought Stones' Throw last week. If I can have a few more days like this, I'll be able to start gifting again :) The worst part was, I was super tired and struggling to keep my eyes open... but I wasn't about to let free SP go. Sleep be plummed!

@Jahnna I would totally gift DV to you if I could (since, for anyone who's familiar with A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones, I'm a Targaryen at heart and love my dragons). But alas, I still can't work and therefore don't have too much real money at the moment either, otherwise I'd probably be ninja-gifting everyone a la @charlotteprice :)

May the ads be ever in your favour!

• Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited April 2017
    @lauravonawesome That's so kind of you to say! I totally feel you! Our situation is very complicated and "special" but I too cannot work and we are two adults with two older dogs that are living off one persons benefits, including disability money. It ain't easy and every week is a struggle to get through to the next pay day. Everything I have like my PC stuff and all my (sims) games is all from the good old times of getting generous pocket money :mask:
    Unfortunately our other dog that just had a surgery last summer injured himself tonight on the walkies and ripped his dew claw open. At least we got the bleeding to stop but he will probably have to go under anaesthesia to get the rest of the claw cut off. The cost! Please just put me into a coma until everything is over! :weary: The tear is almost right at the nail bed. Dog! Why do you always get injuries in the worst places :confounded:

af4ab436bb0be44e651cde1b081c5524.jpg
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna