Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    You're welcome @picklesthecat114. Happy to help! I like gifts but I don't expect them. ^_^ And to post something within the link when you create the link there is a line within it that is highlighted in blue. If you just type there what you want to call it then it will replace the words with what you typed. I hope that made sense. Yeah what @Jahnna said (she ninja'd me).

@Jahnna and @JoeJude16 I feel that way about the Sims 4, too. I like some things about it a lot. The ability to multitask is just the best but I feel so limited. No toddlers. Stuck in one section of the hood without hitting a load screen. No university. No pets. No seasons. No magic. I can't custom color anything. I could go on about the things that I just miss about the Sims 3. I play for a while then go right back to the Sims 3 again. To me it was a step backwards. It does have things I really like just not enough to keep me playing for long and they are nickel-and-diming us to DEATH. *sigh* Yay Sims 3!! <3<3<3

My Grandmother did that needle work stuff, too. She could cross-stitch but I think preferred needle-point. My aunt does crochet and made a beautiful blanket for my daughter when she was born. My sister learned to crochet but dropped it for painting later, my cousin still does it when she has time. My other cousin learned it but also dropped it after she had kids, same as my mom. I never could get it right. I'm pitiful. I can't sew, can't crochet, can't do any of that nifty-needle-work. But I'm good with electronics. ^_^

Congrats @Xanthina! :D
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Yeah, @Jahnna explanation is waaay fancier than mine when trying to explain it earlier, haha.

And those loading screens are the one reason I'm not getting the Sims 4 right now. I've been watching them for ages when playing the sims 1, it must have damaged my tolerance for loading screens somehow ;).

Ah, well, @Tamaek what do you need nifty needle work for, it takes ages before you finish something and often when finished you can only look at it or hang it on the wall :p . I have a book to crochet minimonsters. I made two, they look like small, coloured snowmen while I was going for an alien and a ninja hahaha. I'll stick to cross stitch.
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    Thankyou @Jahnna :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Thankyou @Jahnna :)

You're welcome! :)

I've actually never played Sims 4 myself but I tested the Create a Sim demo which I found to be catastrophic. I don't mind the Sims looks at all, but I just cannot work with this moving things directly on your Sims. They always look 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up once I'm done lol And from what I've seen with Let's plays aso, gameplay is pretty limited and boring and this new thing where you can literally turn everything into a learn-able skill is ridiculous. The only good things Sims 4 has to offer in my eye is the build-mode (even tho no custom colours aso) and the online features with sharing things.
    I always used to despice Sims 3 for having this stupid Store you needed to put real money in for, however looking at Sims 4 now and how limited it is I'm kinda greatful for this vast amount of stuff you can get in the store. But only because you can use the simpoints-ads. Otherwise it would still be 🐸🐸🐸🐸. lol

My grandma used to teach me how to crochet and I did a few things like a mobile phone case for my mother or a coaster but I don't remember much. These days I'm more into knitting, but I'm just a beginner, but I succeeded by knitting a long blue scarf, haha. With the winter months coming I want to gift it to someone homeless or donate it to somewhere directly.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    @Hoplass Thank you for the dress!

I am learning a bit of crochet, right now I know how to put edging on my knitting. I love to knit, it helps with the ADD/Fidgeting
  • Options
    XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    @Jahnna have you thought about the yarnbombing gifting? There are people who knit hats & scarves, then leave them on statues and park benches, with a laminated card saying "I am not lost, if you need a *item* then I am yours" pinned to them
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Xanthina wrote: »
    @Jahnna have you thought about the yarnbombing gifting? There are people who knit hats & scarves, then leave them on statues and park benches, with a laminated card saying "I am not lost, if you need a *item* then I am yours" pinned to them

No I've never heard of it but I live in a small coastal town where greed overtakes everything. Full of junkies, shoplifters, people that go through the rubbish and so on. On and around christmas you have to be careful as a lot of crime happens then, a lot of pickpocketing and dodgy guys watching outside cash machines.
    If you left something somewhere it would sure be gone, taken by someone who doesn't need it, doesn't appreciate it and would most probably sell it to get a cheap fix or whatever. I live right outside a big tourist car park and there was that guy that used to go through the rubbish bins, pulling all the bags out and leaving them scattered around, going to donation bins and pulling clothes out, he'd put on and then just walk off. And that guy wasn't even homeless.

I've seen quite a few homeless people that keep coming back to the same spot. One of them sleeps on a bench in a little garden where I take my dogs for a walk. I considered him, as I've seen him there the past 2 years.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited October 2016
    Okay, so, the crafting thing. I have, at some point in my life, to various degrees of success, sewn (clothing, curtains, tablecloths, slipcovered a couch,) crocheted (two dish rags,) knitted (two scarfs and one hat of dubious usefulness,) tie dyed several shirts (which I still wear,) cross stitched dozens of projects including a stunning wedding sampler for a friend I haven't seen in decades (and one adorable scarecrow that comes out every fall and hangs in my house,) painted (badly,) sketched (equally badly,) had some professional success with photography and graphic design, and am currently doing something called quilling which is working with strips of paper to make dimensional artwork.

ADD, what ADD? LOL, the number of unfinished projects far outnumbers the number of finished ones.

This is on top of plumbing, electrical, auto repair, woodworking, carpentry (there is a distinction,) painting, wallpapering, rug laying, tiling.

Between my mother and my father and my own stubborn drive to create there is not much that I have not at least dabbled in, and the second list is the stuff I've got some real skill at, having worked on my father's rental properties my whole life. Oh, and cooking (dropped out of culinary arts school, but still worked in restaurants for a while.)

Just figured I'd give y'all a dose of who I am, and why sometimes I seem a tad crazy. I used to do all sorts of stuff. And now because of the vertigo I can't do nearly as much. I get bored and frustrated and get really excited when I get to meet new people. Even if it is online. So thanks for being there and being a little weird with me.

Edit: Reading this just now, two things occur to me. 1) One reason I like the Sims so much these days is probably because I get to do all those things again, through them. 2) A lot of those commas up top should be semi-colons, but I'm not going back to fix them.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    Happy Fifth! @Tamaek, @Hoplass and @Opicana I hope that you've all received your gifts and are enjoying them in your game.
  • Options
    So, I've updated my Wishlist, with my top five items being my top five. I know a couple items come up on DD, but the rotation has them in the middle of the night in my time zone, so it doesn't do me any good. I've decided to draw the line at waking myself up in the night to make DD purchases.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Talking about eBay deals for EPs and SPs made me break. I coughed up $4.78 for the final 3 Stuff Packs. I now own all the EPs and SPs.

cheapgamestore has 20% off 3 or more Sims 3 products. I guess next up is to own the store.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited October 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    I guess next up is to own the store.

We did warn you. lol And that's sort of what my dad does. He used to do all sorts of things, too. Cooking, gardening (he loved gardening), reading, he would redecorate once a year, quilting (the process of making quilts from scraps is what I'm referring to) and lots of other stuff even after he hurt his back but over the years his back pain and his arthritis are so bad that now he can't do any of those things. So his sim is a rich gardener who lives off of his land. And now has a tractor thanks to @jerrinicci. ^_^

@Jahnna that is a creepy neighborhood and not unlike my own. We put a deadbolt on after moving in here and now have trouble opening the lock because there is evidence that it was messed with, scratches and the keys not working easily even though they should. It is bad enough that when we went on vacation my dad came and housesat for us just in case. >.> So I feel you about the selfish, thievy jerk-types that roam about. That one guy sounds like he might appreciate it, though.

@cristill13 what are you talking about? I didn't receive a gift, should I have? And it isn't my fifth anniversary, I've been here seven years. Did you mean someone else? Or did you mean the gifts from the 09-30-16? If that's what you meant then yes I did and thank you very much. ^_^

@Hoplass I used to feel bad that I was rubbish at needle-work. Now I don't worry about it, it just isn't me. I tried several times to make doll clothes (when I was younger) or to stitch tears but it works much better (and I can usually keep the garment in a usable fashion) if I just give it to my sister and let her fix it. Except for buttons, I can sew on a button just fine. lol

Is anyone else being plagued by a big box with red letters that always says "sorry no ads available"?
    Post edited by Tamaek on
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited October 2016
    @tamaek yes I got that box quite a bit last time I add farmed!

@JoeJude16 ok let's see my craft list I sew Barbie clothes and other general machine sewing projects! ,Art wise sketch love watercolor painting ,color pencil,acrylic and chalk! I grew up doing ceramics ( Not just painting but from putting the slip into the mold all the way to the final kiln firing! ) made pretty decent beaded jewelry! Made those pot holders that you make with sock rings in fact I once had so many pot holders that I hooked a bunch together and made a bag from them! I have also done hook rug pillows and the needle point I mentioned before! I tried to knitt ended up with a small bookmark and haven't knitted since! Also quilting not the quilting square type but where you sew cloth together and make a big picture quilt! I've made tons of cards with the computer! I hot glued my mom a a sewing kit type box I have done a lot of different things with hot glue really! Took a class to do porcelain dolls tiled a table painted a Winnie the Pooh mural for my niece's nursery! Oh and I made a Christmas writhe from a vine once only I didn't realize it was a poison oak or ivy one luckily it wasn't in bloom and once the vine died it no longer gives you a rash and several other little projects that are to numerous to list!
  • Options
    Holy wow and thank you so much for Hidden Springs @Scotsim!! So very excited to try it out! Thank you many times!!! You just absolutely made my night! <3<3<3

• Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Like Tamaek, I received your gift 09/30/16 @cristill13 . I thought I put a messege to you on this thread too, sorry if you didn't get it! So thanks a lot again!

Glad you liked the gift @Xanthina I already gifted when I saw in your post that you made a mistake, so I was hoping it would still be handy in getting the set!

I don't really know yarnbombing, is that the same as the idea that you knit or crochet stuff to decorate lampposts, trees, statues and other stuff outside? Sewing as in making or fixing clothes is also not really my hobby, haha. I made clothes for my barbies from my own old t-shirts, but usually it just didn't fit them well. Next to cross stitch, I also like to play with my beads (I simply can't call it making jewelry). And I also have tons of unfinished projects, they drive my boyfriend crazy sometimes. Having fun is more important than the results, right?
  • Options
    ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    Tamaek wrote: »
    Holy wow and thank you so much for Hidden Springs @Scotsim!! So very excited to try it out! Thank you many times!!! You just absolutely made my night! <3<3<3

@Tamaek - you're very welcome :smile: HS is one of my favourite worlds - it's just like my bit of Scotland, all coast and hills with a bit of land in between to squash a village on.
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
  • Options
    @Tamaek, yes, getting the "sorry no ad available" more often than not these days. Which is very frustrating now that I want to buy so much more. Wish I had discovered these threads a year ago when I was wracking up thousands of points. I'd have owned the store way back and been gifting long before now.

@Hoplass, I agree about the unfinished projects. It's the fun of doing the work that really matters. BUT, having something finished once in a while is nice too.

@Scotsim and Tamaek, I've had Hidden Springs for over a year now, having bought it bundled with Monte Vista. Monte Vista brings me back to my trip to Tuscany with my dad a couple yars back, so I've played that a bit, but never got around to HS. Yet.

Picked up Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo for free today! Yay! Next is Go All in Compilation free on the 10th.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Updated my top 5

Here
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    @Opicana, we must be soul mates. I now own all the farm stuff, from the chicken coop up to Grandpa's Grove, including the Old Mill, primarily for the canning station. And I also have everything nautical.

Yes! I have the coop, but not the tractor or the canning station. I only just started collecting the nautical stuff! Definitely priorities for me.
  • Options
    OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    @Xanthina is your name a reference to the land of Xanth, by any chance? Sorry, totally off topic, LOL.

• Options
    Opicana wrote: »
    @Xanthina is your name a reference to the land of Xanth, by any chance? Sorry, totally off topic, LOL.

Don't worry we go off topic here all the time lol the discussion should be named something like: "talk about anything and everything while gifting others" lol
  • Options
    Ok, an hour working on a retail site for my Sim to open a shop selling stuff from the Prism Art Studio. Got the building in place and went to work on landscaping. Got it just right, about to save, and it freezes! I swear, I was just about to save! Aaargggghhhh!!!
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    CyraelliaCyraellia Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2016
    Wow, there's a thread like this? Thanks to @Reachsims for creating it and to the generous people who have been gifting others here. I hope noone mind if I jump in (if this thread is still open). Here's my wishlist. They're not really in order and sorry if it looks like they're full of expensive sets. Some of those are just there to remind me of which set I'm still aiming for. I'm going on "watching ads spree" :( here so I can get what I want before the store closes (hopefully they will announce it at least a month or two in advance). Here are my top 5:

1. Put Some Birds On It
    2. Everything Nice Romper
    3. Cocoon Crib
    4. Victorian Frill Shirt
    5. The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire

Thank you very much :)

Edit: Edited my top 5.
    Post edited by Cyraellia on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @Cyraella, the thread is most definitely active and open to new members. Welcome! Besides gifting we do a lot of gabbing. Well, I do at least.

Even though I'm a newbie here I can offer one piece of advice on your wishlist. There is a process that folks seem to call keeping your list "clean" that basically seems to involve two things. Keep some simple stuff at the top for casual gifting, and try not to include both individual items from a set and the whole set it belongs to on the list so that you aren't double gifted. I know there is a post somewhere that people refer to, but I don't have the link to share with you. Personally, I've started keeping a separate wishlist of the bigger sets I want for my own reference on a "sticky note" on my desktop.

Also, if you haven't already found one, look into a discussion group that focuses on maximizing your Simpoints with Daily Deals (DD) and Complete Your Set (CYS) discounts. Using that info and selecting what you put on your wishlist can really help you get what you want much more quickly. The thread that I follow is Daily Deal (DD) Rotation and Sales Help led by Jodi aka Me1620. She maintains an amazingly helpful, if sometimes overwhelming, spreadsheet of the upcoming Daily Deal schedule showing pricing and other great info. Many of us have our purchases planned out for the next couple months!

I've been a bit quick on the draw recently to help on something I didn't quite understand, but I'm hoping I'm on target here and that the senior members are proud of me. They are very generous, with both gifting and advice, but I've also found them to be very friendly.

I hope you enjoy your time here! And check your mailbox for a little welcome treat from me.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Wait the store will close?!