Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why generations isn't necessary

Comments

• Options
    Jdrizzle91Jdrizzle91 Posts: 323 New Member
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    to Jdrizzle91, Yes i am going to take it literally because that is what oyu said. You said generations isn't necessary but neither is the sims. You need to reword it because it just makes you sound silly. No offense

You're silly for interpreting necessary in its literal sense when I posted it on a sims forum.

I mean seriously you guys know what I'm talking about unless you really are that... um I can't think of a polite word.

You are just trying to grind my gears and quite frankly I find it rude. There I said it.

How about I make this my thread title: Generations doesn't suit my desires for the sims series, however, I appreciate the people who do find this EP to fit their desires. Furthermore, lets all bake a cake and dance in circles singing campfire songs.

It wouldn't get any discussions going.

You don't get past 10 pages of content without a controversial title and a controversial op! Where is Ann Coulter when you need her.. She could help explain.
  • Options
    JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    I'm not satisfied with the junk we are getting in Generations, I want real content. I want to run a store, I want my town to be full of animals, I want cool ninjas teleporting around, I want the sandbox feeling back. TS3 feels like a mission game or something...

Cool ninjas teleporting around??
    Sims 2 Bon Voyage in the Asian-themed neighbourhood.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ninja
  • Options
    mlaassmlaass Posts: 492
    edited May 2011
    Jdrizzle91 wrote:
    mlaass wrote:
    to Jdrizzle91, Yes i am going to take it literally because that is what oyu said. You said generations isn't necessary but neither is the sims. You need to reword it because it just makes you sound silly. No offense

You're silly for interpreting necessary in its literal sense when I posted it on a sims forum.

I mean seriously you guys know what I'm talking about unless you really are that... um I can't think of a polite word.

You are just trying to grind my gears and quite frankly I find it rude. There I said it.

How about I make this my thread title: Generations doesn't suit my desires for the sims series, however, I appreciate the people who do find this EP to fit their desires. Furthermore, lets all bake a cake and dance in circles singing campfire songs.

You don't get past 10 pages of content without a controversial title and a controversial op! Where is Ann Coulter when you need her.. She could help explain.

Nice comeback. NOT! That would be a perfect title because that's what you think. Necessary doesn't fit at all. You coud have said something like Why generations isn't my cup of tea. That would have appealed to people because they would disagree Or for some reason agree) or they would have came on here because they thought it was funny. But necessary?? It just doesn't work
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    I'm not satisfied with the junk we are getting in Generations, I want real content. I want to run a store, I want my town to be full of animals, I want cool ninjas teleporting around, I want the sandbox feeling back. TS3 feels like a mission game or something...

Random
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    Jdrizzle91 wrote:
    mlaass wrote:

Nice comeback. NOT! That would be a perfect title because that's what you think. Necessary doesn't fit at all. You coud have said something like Why generations isn't my cup of tea. That would have appealed to people because they would disagree Or for some reason agree) or they would have came on here because they thought it was funny. But necessary?? It just doesn't work

Oh please you know I nailed that comeback. Don't hate ;]

Also, I really don't think the title is bad. If people can interpret similes and metaphors, but they can't interpret what I was trying to say in my thread title, then Idk what to tell you.
    It isn't a fundamental ep to have! plain and simple.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:

Random

He wasn't being random, he's showing you what he meant by 'cool ninjas teleporting around'. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Honestly i knew what you were saying but i was jsut mad that you said it, cause i absolutely completely disagree. But its your opinion and that's fine. But next time i just wouldn't say necessary
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    Your "comeback" sucked infinitely more TBH. All you managed to do in that post was to point out how "necessary doesn't fit" even if it clearly does, since most of the features in Generations could easily have been put into Pets or something similar, or they could have been saved for TS4 to give us +1 reason to buy that game.
    The Imaginary Friend...well...what a big loss if that was left out, right? Then no one would be able to grab me a snack from my fridge when I can make Perfect food! NOOOO!

And about the entire "that's what you think". Well, OP told so and his opinion is worth just as much as yours. Unless you are a politician or an immigrant in Sweden. Then yours is worth more, clearly.
    mlaass wrote:
    Honestly i knew what you were saying but i was jsut mad that you said it, cause i absolutely completely disagree. But its your opinion and that's fine. But next time i just wouldn't say necessary
    Want some cheese with that whine? How old are you for trying to protect EA so hard anyway?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:

Random

He wasn't being random, he's showing you what he meant by 'cool ninjas teleporting around'. :)

Ok geez, calm down, it wasn't meant to be hurtful.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:

Random

Ok geez, calm down, it wasn't meant to be hurtful.

Actually, I think you are the one who might need to calm down, hon. I was pointing out something it appeared that you might have missed, and doing it in a calm, friendly manner.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:

Yeah I knew you did hah I was just going to keep prodding until I got you to admit it! :p
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    mlaass wrote:
    Your "comeback" sucked infinitely more TBH. All you managed to do in that post was to point out how "necessary doesn't fit" even if it clearly does, since most of the features in Generations could easily have been put into Pets or something similar, or they could have been saved for TS4 to give us +1 reason to buy that game.
    The Imaginary Friend...well...what a big loss if that was left out, right? Then no one would be able to grab me a snack from my fridge when I can make Perfect food! NOOOO!

And about the entire "that's what you think". Well, OP told so and his opinion is worth just as much as yours. Unless you are a politician or an immigrant in Sweden. Then yours is worth more, clearly.
    mlaass wrote:
    Want some cheese with that whine? How old are you for trying to protect EA so hard anyway?

I just feel like Generations is going to be a great EP. And in a previous post i said "but that's your opinion and that's fine." I never said my opinion is worth more. A swedish immigrant??
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    I just feel like Generations is going to be a great EP. And in a previous post i said "but that's your opinion and that's fine." I never said my opinion is worth more. A swedish immigrant??
    Come back 3 months after playing the game and you will probably be wondering where all that content made.

Immigrants in Sweden get free dental care, free car lessons, they get to learn Swedish for free, they get their house paid, they get actual money for learning Swedish, etc.

In short: they get things that regular Swedes could only dream of. They are more worth than us in the eyes of the politicians, who do everything to win votes.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    mlaass wrote:

mlaass wrote:

Even though he was just being silly with the swedish immigrant, I'm not really sure what he is referencing either.
    EDIT: Yeah honestly politicians are all such slime balls. They only care about staying in office as long as possible, by any means possible. Republicans will always protect the NRA and democrats will always protect illegal immigrants, even though they are here illegally... Go figure.

Also, how did you interpret legendarybitka29's post as hostile when she put a :) in it?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jdrizzle91 wrote:
    Also, how did you interpret legendarybitka29's post as hostile when she put a :) in it?
    Maybe she is afraid of the colour yellow?

http://phobialist.com/#W-
    Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow or the word yellow.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jdrizzle91 wrote:
    mlaass wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    mlaass wrote:

mlaass wrote:

Even though he was just being silly with the swedish immigrant, I'm not really sure what he is referencing either.

To the last part, not really sure. I guess i was just mad and didn't even see it. Sorry legendarybitka29!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    Jdrizzle91 wrote:

And no, i am definitely not afraid of yellow. That'd be weird
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    Jdrizzle91 wrote:

hahaha.

SORRY mlaass that you were mad. I don't dislike you in any way and I'm sorry you feel like you are being bombarded.
    I understand though it's easy to get riled up in these heated discussions.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Jdrizzle91 wrote:
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    Jdrizzle91 wrote:

hahaha.

SORRY mlaass that you were mad. I don't dislike you in any way and I'm sorry you feel like you are being bombarded.
    I understand though it's easy to get riled up in these heated discussions.

Absolutely. We only have different opinions. Truce??
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    And truce to you johanFoppa??
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    But if we have a truce we won't be able to keep arguing :'[
    And you can't sit there and pretend the arguing wasn't fun!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Haha, ok no truce. :shock:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    mlaass wrote:
    Haha, ok no truce. :shock:

That's more like it!

Now pick a topic for us to argue over.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited May 2011
    JohanFoppa wrote:
    AmberM66 wrote:
    MaryJos wrote:
    I think this whole thread is un-necessary... It's your opinions that Generations doesn't add a whole lot to the game... I'm actually quite exited about it and am satisfied with what it has to offer. And I don't think boycotting EA will ever work... There's too many people that like the game for a few to make a difference... So, I know you said not to say it but I'll say it anyways : just don't buy it if you don't like it and it will make the forum less cluttered...

This
    Cool story bro
    kstahl55 wrote:
    First of all, no game is necessary.

Secondly, if you don't like Generations, that's fine. You can express your opinions and why you don't like it and I'll respect that. However, to criticize others for liking it is uncalled for. I know there people that like Generations being rude to those that don't, but it's not nice either way. I'm perfectly capable of judging whether I like an EP or not, and EA isn't tricking me, or "pulling the wool over my head." To say that people are that mindless and easily swayed is insulting, just like saying "you don't haaave to buy the EP if you don't like it!" is insulting to people that state their opinions on why they might not like it. Let's just respect each others opinions OK?
    The average age of the people that say "don't buy it" is probably around 12, and a very brain washed 12 year old at that. I don't think there is really point in telling them to do anything

I'm also quite confused over how people on this forum thinks just the slightest disagreement is offensive and rude really, I hang on a lot of different forums and I have never seen a forum where you are considered rude for disagreeing with someone before.

Generations is almost offensive considering how they want 50 dollars for it where I live and you get less content than in any other EP ever before, except maybe some of the TS1 EPs, but those were made what, 10 years ago?
    Every new EP is supposed to at least have as much content as the last one, but EA has clearly dumped that since all life states so far have been very shallow and simply boring to play as...

A ghost!
    A simbot!
    *shorts out*
    *walks slow as hell*

I for one am 32 years old and I say don't buy it if you don't like it... I think I have enough life experience to know what I am saying here...

I have no problem with people's opinion when it's intelligent... And for me, arguing about an expansion pack that is not yet out and has not been play-tested is a complete waste of space and time...

Also, if you have a problem with EA's games, why don't you send EA a letter instead of bashing everyone that wants to buy the game... I've said it before and I'll say it again : if you don't like it, don't buy it and stop wasting your time trying to tell everyone not to buy it, it's their own choice. You only get on people's nerves and you'll achieve nothing by doing this...
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ^ JOHAN FOPPA IS ENTERTAINING. Leave him alone! Forums are the same way as tv shows. If there isn't opposing views and everyone has the same sentiments about everything, it would be BORING.

So stop hating on the haters.